EQS SUV Forum for Discussion of EQS SUV

Active Ambient Lighting Option on EQS SUV

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-25-2022, 07:10 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2023 EQS 580 SUV Selenite Grey
Active Ambient Lighting Option on EQS SUV

I was looking at the sticker on our EQS SUV 580. I see an option that I can't find in the DOG on this thread:

878 Active Ambient Lighting

I did take a look to see what that was on other videos, however I don't see this in the DOG found in a separate thread. Did anyone else have this on their car as an extra cost option? Or is this feature standard on the EQS?
Old 09-25-2022, 10:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 471 Likes on 348 Posts
2014 Mercedes E350 4matic Wagon, 2018 Fiat 124 Spyder Lusso manual, 2005 Acura TSX manual
It’s an extra cost $590 option on the EQS SUV but as far as I know it’s on every one. From what I understand it’s not something you can order, and they put it on all they can (which is most now) but it’s one of the things most susceptible to shortages so they don’t make it standard so they’re not shipping thousands of cars with a credit for missing standard. The EQS Sedan and S have the same - it’s not an order able option but they put it on every one they can which for the past few months is every one

as for what it does, it essentially adds modes to the light and makes it be able to be response to car inputs. It works as an extra blind spot device and a warning for bikes, it reacts to temp changes, it reacts to full throttle acceleration, and a bunch of other things. It may also add brightness or additional light elements but I’m not 100% sure
Old 01-11-2024, 10:23 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
eqs 450+
Originally Posted by BenjaminKohl
It’s an extra cost $590 option on the EQS SUV but as far as I know it’s on every one. From what I understand it’s not something you can order, and they put it on all they can (which is most now) but it’s one of the things most susceptible to shortages so they don’t make it standard so they’re not shipping thousands of cars with a credit for missing standard. The EQS Sedan and S have the same - it’s not an order able option but they put it on every one they can which for the past few months is every one

as for what it does, it essentially adds modes to the light and makes it be able to be response to car inputs. It works as an extra blind spot device and a warning for bikes, it reacts to temp changes, it reacts to full throttle acceleration, and a bunch of other things. It may also add brightness or additional light elements but I’m not 100% sure
mine stopped working recently is this because its one of those features you have to subscribe to yearly/montly for it to work ? anyone know it is this an actual issue i need to take into the dealership?
Old 01-11-2024, 06:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 471 Likes on 348 Posts
2014 Mercedes E350 4matic Wagon, 2018 Fiat 124 Spyder Lusso manual, 2005 Acura TSX manual
Originally Posted by zeneqs
mine stopped working recently is this because its one of those features you have to subscribe to yearly/montly for it to work ? anyone know it is this an actual issue i need to take into the dealership?
It's not a subscription. Just take the car into the dealer, they'll do s softwear update or something. I've seen a bunch of other people report ambient lighting inoperative warnings.
Old 01-11-2024, 11:02 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
eqs 450+
Originally Posted by BenjaminKohl
It's not a subscription. Just take the car into the dealer, they'll do s softwear update or something. I've seen a bunch of other people report ambient lighting inoperative warnings.
thank you so much i will do that !
Old 01-22-2024, 10:03 AM

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
EQS 450 4maric
I frequently get anb "Ambient warning lights inoperative" warning message. It clears up after a minute and all is normal.
Old 01-22-2024, 03:16 PM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Mercedes Benz EQS 580 SUV, Audi R8 Performance Quattro, Porsche Cayman S
I know it's bit of a gimmicks but I am glad I got this option. I really like the light animation after adjusting the temperature (especially at night). And the more useful one is the blind spot monitoring alert which makes one side of ambient light to blink red to alert for blind spots when you have turn signal on or open the door accidentally (for bicyclists). The other one which I normally don't use is the one where it animates as I accelerate and decelerate.
Old 01-23-2024, 01:10 PM

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
EQS 450 4maric
Originally Posted by bpans
I know it's bit of a gimmicks but I am glad I got this option. I really like the light animation after adjusting the temperature (especially at night). And the more useful one is the blind spot monitoring alert which makes one side of ambient light to blink red to alert for blind spots when you have turn signal on or open the door accidentally (for bicyclists). The other one which I normally don't use is the one where it animates as I accelerate and decelerate.
Yes gimmicky, But also amazing how easily accustom you become to it. Now I want to know why all cars don't have it. :-0

I also like the lane drift warning. i turned off the accelerate decelerate. Too distracting.
Old 01-24-2024, 05:00 PM

Received 157 Likes on 101 Posts
23' EQS AMG
I think it is standard on the EQS AMG sedan. At first, I thought it was kind of gimmicky. So if you don't like it, turn it off. But the subtle movements of the the lights and color change give a different feel to the interior of the car. And if I remember correctly, there's 16 different color combinations, and the color gradients changes. It makes you feel as if the car is not just a static object but is always "thinking" and reacting as if it is a living thing. Add the MB GPT-4 option in option, and you have a vehicle like no other on the road . . . yet.