EQS SUV Forum for Discussion of EQS SUV

Headlights and corner illumination

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-24-2023, 12:14 AM

Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts
EQS
Headlights and corner illumination

Is there no corner lights on our eqs? I know the headlights don't move but I thought there would be some extra lights to make corners more visible while turning. There doesn't seem to be any such function though.
Old 10-24-2023, 10:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 77 Likes on 51 Posts
BMW, Tesla, Mercedes, Porsche
1. The headlights do move

2. I think it does have the corner illumination built-in but it's disabled in the US market. I think (?) if you code the lights to have the matrix functionality enabled, this might also enable the corner illumination feature.
Old 10-24-2023, 10:39 AM

EQS
Originally Posted by QuadBenz
1. The headlights do move

2. I think it does have the corner illumination built-in but it's disabled in the US market. I think (?) if you code the lights to have the matrix functionality enabled, this might also enable the corner illumination feature.
I have to test it next time but it feels like they don't move at all and when turning left side will be very dark. I do see all headlights working though.

I used to have a Obdeleven for my q7 that allowed me to change some settings via obd, vag like AC output adjustments so on. I am guessing this coding isn't something I can do myself in this case though?
Old 10-25-2023, 07:34 PM

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts
2023 EQS 580 4Matic SUV
My headlight does move with the steering.
The following users liked this post:
bpans (11-03-2023)
Old 10-25-2023, 08:05 PM

EQS
Originally Posted by 23-EQS580-SUV
My headlight does move with the steering.
Does it turn if the car is not moving or in park? I just tried turning the wheels when car was in park and also in drive but applying brakes and headlights don't move at all. I have an EQS 580 SUV Pinnacle trim.
Old 10-25-2023, 11:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 77 Likes on 51 Posts
BMW, Tesla, Mercedes, Porsche
The car has to be in motion
Old 10-25-2023, 11:44 PM

EQS
Originally Posted by QuadBenz
The car has to be in motion
That's what I guessed but that doesn't help me in my case since I would be turning on local streets from a stop and the corners are really dark with the eqs.

My Audi before had a seperate light (or something) that lit on the side you signaled while turning like that which was really helpful on corners. Our cx5 lights also turn regardless of motion which helps a bit to lit up corners.

Anyway, not much I can do I guess.
Old 11-01-2023, 08:16 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
None
Corner lights

Originally Posted by sarhoshamiral
Is there no corner lights on our eqs? I know the headlights don't move but I thought there would be some extra lights to make corners more visible while turning. There doesn't seem to be any such function though.
Odd, my EQS has corner lights. They come in when turning. The headlights don't move, but the light changes direction as I turn as well. I have a US market vehicle.
Old 11-01-2023, 11:32 PM

EQS
Originally Posted by pughjl
Odd, my EQS has corner lights. They come in when turning. The headlights don't move, but the light changes direction as I turn as well. I have a US market vehicle.
Is it an EQS SUV or sedan? Also I assume it just happens when driving right, not when stopped in drive mode but turning the steering wheel? I tried that in the garage while holding the brakes and lights didn't change at all, I also don't feel them moving at slow speeds.
Old 11-28-2023, 12:55 PM

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
EQS 450 4maric
450 4matic here.

I do NOT have any cornering lights. Neither moving nor standing still.

They do move however when steering wheel moves (to see around bends in road? - Is this what they are calling cornering lights. I think of 90 degree lights t the side.)

I have only seen two of the digital projections (Lane change and Lane departure). There are supposedly several more like construction warning and pedestrian spot?
Old 11-28-2023, 03:04 PM

Received 100 Likes on 75 Posts
EQE SUV 500 4Matic
Originally Posted by mpmoore
450 4matic here.
There are supposedly several more like construction warning and pedestrian spot?
My EQE SUV has the full digital light setup, but I have yet to see it perform any projections on the road either. It could be that I have not been driving it enough in the "right kind" of conditions for this yet. But I really would love to confirm that it works...and that I got the full option I paid for (regardless of whether it's of any use ;-) )
When I mentioned this to the dealer, he said that some of these projections will only occur if it's very dark out and there are no street lights around. Could be, but I haven't been in these conditions yet. We shall see, eventually...
Old 11-28-2023, 04:17 PM

Received 89 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by mpmoore
They do move however when steering wheel moves (to see around bends in road? - Is this what they are calling cornering lights. I think of 90 degree lights t the side.)
No, that's not cornering lights. You are correct that cornering lights aim directly to the side.
Old 11-28-2023, 04:19 PM

Received 89 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by ScottC2
My EQE SUV has the full digital light setup, but I have yet to see it perform any projections on the road either. It could be that I have not been driving it enough in the "right kind" of conditions for this yet. But I really would love to confirm that it works...and that I got the full option I paid for (regardless of whether it's of any use ;-) )
Do you have HUD? Apparently the projection won't work unless HUD is off. You can try turning off HUD to test it out.
ScottC2 (11-29-2023)
Old 11-28-2023, 09:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 400 Likes on 275 Posts
2023 EQE 500 SUV electric and 2024 Jaguar F-PACE SVR 5.0L
On my EQE 500 SUV I see a big fat arrow/triangle thingy on the road at night with blind spot monitoring and lane keep assist. That's the only projection I've seen tho, other than the useless disco lights (particle effects) and the bat signal (Mercedes/EQ logos) that is.

EDIT: Had to run out for bottled water so here ya go. I've had my HUD on since day I bought the car.

Last edited by Crito; 11-28-2023 at 10:26 PM.
ScottC2 (11-29-2023)
Old 01-03-2024, 11:49 PM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
2009 MB C300 Sport & 2017 Lexus GS350 F-Sport
Originally Posted by Crito
On my EQE 500 SUV I see a big fat arrow/triangle thingy on the road at night with blind spot monitoring and lane keep assist. That's the only projection I've seen tho, other than the useless disco lights (particle effects) and the bat signal (Mercedes/EQ logos) that is.

EDIT: Had to run out for bottled water so here ya go. I've had my HUD on since day I bought the car.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/G7VuEpbL7EY
There is also a “light carpet” projected when you drive on the freeway with Distronic activated and signal left or right for automatic lane change. Basically shows you where the car is going.
ScottC2 (01-04-2024)
Old 01-04-2024, 12:17 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
None
Originally Posted by sarhoshamiral
Is it an EQS SUV or sedan? Also I assume it just happens when driving right, not when stopped in drive mode but turning the steering wheel? I tried that in the garage while holding the brakes and lights didn't change at all, I also don't feel them moving at slow speeds.
I have three '22 sedan, Pinnacle trim