EQS EQS (V297) sedan

EQS Problems

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-21-2022, 04:33 PM

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
EQS 580
EQS Problems

I hoped I was one of the lucky ones to not have any issues. Unfortunately, I'm not. I've been getting the following errors for the last few days. Has anyone had these errors in the past? I'd like to know what I'm facing here. I went to the dealership and they weren't very helpful. They want me to leave it with them without providing a loaner or rental for an unknown amount of time. My salesperson said her friend purchased the EQS AMG and has had nothing but problems including the one I'm having now. She said his has been at the dealership for weeks "waiting on parts".

Old 12-21-2022, 05:44 PM

Received 152 Likes on 114 Posts
2005 SL 500. 2015 S550. 2016 GLE400 2018 S560

I’m with you. I have a 23 model and was hoping the bugs for the most part have been worked out. I have been getting this message lately, and most of the time it was during the rain. I got it today and the weather was fine. I had the car in the shop the other day for a minor issue and showed them this message. Their reply was no faults codes popped up and it most likely a temporary sensor issue. It goes away after I shut car off. Was told that since it says limited it will correct itself and I don’t have to bring it in for service. Any thoughts on that?
Old 12-21-2022, 05:56 PM

EQS 580
I've restarted several times and no change. I'm in Los Angeles and it's a clear 74 degree day. If the errors don't pop up within a few minutes, they are guaranteed to appear when engaging the cruise control.
Old 12-21-2022, 06:04 PM

Received 52 Likes on 39 Posts
Range Rover Land Rover
Originally Posted by Fyrcity
I've restarted several times and no change. I'm in Los Angeles and it's a clear 74 degree day. If the errors don't pop up within a few minutes, they are guaranteed to appear when engaging the cruise control.
I had all of the same errors about 6 weeks ago. The good news is it can be fixed the same day. I brought mine in to be serviced but no one had heard of a fix. It took them 7 hours to get the answer which sounded like a software glitch. hasn't recurred since.
Old 12-21-2022, 11:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 249 Likes on 158 Posts
2023 EQS 580
Check your tire pressure.
Its funny that the message says "See operators Manual" but when you look it doesn't mention the fact that the likely reason you are getting those messages is because your tire pressure is low.
Put some air in your tires and the messages should go away. If they don't then you may in fact have a problem.
I can already tell that is why Fyrcity has those messages based on the first picture that was posted. Good luck
Old 12-21-2022, 11:22 PM

Received 152 Likes on 114 Posts
2005 SL 500. 2015 S550. 2016 GLE400 2018 S560
My tire pressure is at 40 psi for all tires. I assume that is normal as I don’t have any low pressure warnings.
And yes, manual didn’t help me out with the warning.
Old 12-21-2022, 11:40 PM

EQS 580
Originally Posted by Tjdehya
Its funny that the message says "See operators Manual" but when you look it doesn't mention the fact that the likely reason you are getting those messages is because your tire pressure is low.
Put some air in your tires and the messages should go away. If they don't then you may in fact have a problem.
I can already tell that is why Fyrcity has those messages based on the first picture that was posted. Good luck
This past week has been very cold for Cali (between 50-60) so I haven't concerned my self with the tire pressure. It's already warming up and is expected to be 80 degrees by Christmas. I'm willing to keep this a simple fix if my EQS will agree. I will add a few PSI tomorrow
Old 12-22-2022, 02:01 PM

EQS 580
Originally Posted by Tjdehya
Tjdehya..... 🎉🎉WINNER!!!🎉🎉
The following users liked this post:
dblankenbaker (12-22-2022)
Old 12-22-2022, 02:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,120 Likes on 732 Posts
17 E43; 21 GLS580
Originally Posted by Radman991
I’m with you. I have a 23 model and was hoping the bugs for the most part have been worked out. I have been getting this message lately, and most of the time it was during the rain. I got it today and the weather was fine. I had the car in the shop the other day for a minor issue and showed them this message. Their reply was no faults codes popped up and it most likely a temporary sensor issue. It goes away after I shut car off. Was told that since it says limited it will correct itself and I don’t have to bring it in for service. Any thoughts on that?
I got the same thing today. Your MBUX system received an update of some sort and its not doing what its supposed to be doing.....It will come back hopefully next time you restart your car. Ive had the issue about 3 times since I have owned the vehicle. Its a definite annoyance. However the car will otherwise run fine. The biggest problem is that you cant adjust your climate control and I think it defaults to 72 degrees or something close so in the cold its wasting battery..... Another significant problem is your camera system is out (thats why you get all those warnings). The camera system is crucial in this car since visibility is so restricted. Hopefully MB reads what we post here and will finally address the issue.
Old 12-22-2022, 02:52 PM

Received 46 Likes on 25 Posts
2022 EQS 450+ Pinnacle
Originally Posted by c4004matic
I got the same thing today. Your MBUX system received an update of some sort and it's not doing what it's supposed to be doing.....It will come back hopefully next time you restart your car. Ive had the issue about 3 times since I have owned the vehicle. It's a definite annoyance. However the car will otherwise run fine. The biggest problem is that you cant adjust your climate control and I think it defaults to 72 degrees or something close so in the cold its wasting battery..... Another significant problem is your camera system is out (thats why you get all those warnings). The camera system is crucial in this car since visibility is so restricted. Hopefully MB reads what we post here and will finally address the issue.
Noticed the same with the camera systems while driving on 85 in the colder weather last weekend. The cameras and, thus, driver assistance features would cut out and I am certain it is due to the cold. They all self-corrected once the temp got back into the high 30s/low 40s. Most of the EV manufacturers say they test their vehicles into the -40F range. MB must do the same, no?
Old 12-22-2022, 03:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

17 E43; 21 GLS580
Originally Posted by pmichaelmd
Noticed the same with the camera systems while driving on 85 in the colder weather last weekend. The cameras and, thus, driver assistance features would cut out and I am certain it is due to the cold. They all self-corrected once the temp got back into the high 30s/low 40s. Most of the EV manufacturers say they test their vehicles into the -40F range. MB must do the same, no?
They do. The issue is If the car cant see the system cant function! The front view and the main grill radars have heating element but there is a limit to that too. On our GLS we had an issue with the system working only sporadically, the one of the forward cameras was goofy. They changed the camera module and its all good now. Get used to it, the nannies dont work when there is nasty stuff on the sensors, snow, ice, salt, grime, etc. And they are not supposed to! When the weather is nasty you have to drive the old fashion way.....
The following users liked this post:
pmichaelmd (12-22-2022)
Old 12-22-2022, 04:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

17 E43; 21 GLS580
As expected, after locking the car and coming back to it some hour later. MBUX is back perfectly.