G Class (W460, W461, W463) Produced 1980-2018: 290 GD, 290 GDT, 300 GD, 350 GD, 500 GE, G250, G300, G300 DT, G320, G500, G550, G55 AMG, G63 AMG

MB USA Contact for Dealer Ordering Problem?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-21-2020, 08:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 462 Likes on 377 Posts
'25 EQG deposit, '21 718 Spyder & '20 HD Fatboy
MB USA Contact for Dealer Ordering Problem?

Does anyone know how to contact MB USA in regards to a problem with a dealer placing an order? I know, the dealer should know and if not maybe I should go elsewhere; however, they have an allocation for me and I bought a car from them back in 2006 so I would like to buy another. It is a long story but I need to get help if I want my build to be as I want it to be! They have been trying for a couple weeks (so they say) but there must be a department or person that works for MB USA that handles these types of things!
Old 01-21-2020, 08:25 PM

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2020 G63
I suspect that MBUSA are just going to refer you back to your dealer - however, there are friendly dealers and other knowledgeable folk on here that can help you cut through the "dealer BS" if you can share more detail?
Old 01-21-2020, 08:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Basically, I want the Zen Wood Steering Wheel on my G550 but I am getting the AMG Line Package. MB USA agreed with me in that it can be ordered (they said they contacted the G Program Manager) but the dealer cannot figure it out and does not know who to contact. And you are correct, they told me to contact my dealer. Below is what I showed MB USA and the dealer to prove that I should be able to order what I want. Thanks in advance...Bob Ziolkowski

AMG Line w/Night Package
$5,370
  • AMG exterior styling More Info
  • 20-inch AMG multispoke wheels w/black accents More Info
  • Obsidian Black exterior accents More Info
  • Black brush guard More Info
  • Brake calipers with Mercedes-Benz lettering More Info
  • Sport Exhaust System More Info
  • Sport steering wheel More Info
  • AMG floor mats More Info
  • Red seat belts More Info
  • Red seat stitching More Info

Sport steering wheelPerforated side grips with raised thumbrests, aluminum-clad spokes, and a flat-bottom design highlight the sport steering wheel. Nappa leather is hand-sewn to its rim, while its Touch Control Buttons and dual shift paddles make it as rewarding to use as it is simply to hold.

View Disclaimer
Excluded from package if ordered in combination with heated or wood/leather steering wheel.

Old 01-21-2020, 08:38 PM

Received 312 Likes on 234 Posts
E450 wagon, C43 AMG Cpe, C43 AMG Cab
I don't think you will get any satisfaction bringing your issue to MBUSA. They will always refer you back to the dealer. I suggest you shop for another dealer who has a more sensitive concern for customer service. When it comes to the new generation G the worst of dealer behavior has, unfortunately, come to the forefront. On the plus side, the supply for the G is beginning to catch up to demand. This trend is aided by recent base price increases in both models that will also negatively impact demand. The good news is that the previous generation prices are being increased and remain consistently strong. Good luck with your search.
Old 01-21-2020, 08:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 998 Likes on 584 Posts
N/A
The dealer order software is probably rejecting the combination. There is probably a technical glitch that needs to fixed. Your dealer should be able to contact "distribution" to sort it out, though.
Old 01-21-2020, 08:44 PM

Received 312 Likes on 234 Posts
E450 wagon, C43 AMG Cpe, C43 AMG Cab
I don't believe you will get any satisfaction from MBUSA. They will refer you back to the dealer. I would find another dealer who is more customer service oriented. Unfortunately the demand for the new generation G has brought out the worst in many dealerships. It will be interesting to see what happens when demand and supply become better aligned. Best of luck with your search.
Old 01-25-2020, 10:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I heard from a rep at MB who contacted the G Program Office and they are working on updating the system to allow for the "new" options in the 2020 Order Guide so all should be well, eventually.
Old 01-26-2020, 01:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,100 Likes on 806 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
Well, frankly you have shared a bit - but need a bit of clarification..

Please understand the Netstar config tool in front of the dealer "trump's" the Dealer Order Guide - and "trump's" the MBUSA build-your-own tool.

1. the Dealer enters your order specs into the system - which in essence is the pre-stage for acceptance by the factory confirmed by PO

2. I "think" you are saying your dealer has entered your specs - but they don't have a factory PO - right ? If this is the case - Netstar can only accept a request it is equipped to accept - that spec will go forward as is - MBUSA can't "correct" it at this stage.

3. Once that request becomes a confirmed factory PO - you, and the Dealer, will have about 3-4 weeks that PO will remain changeable. I have not seen any Netstar configuration "glitch" on my G orders - if there is one like you suspect on your "Zen" - then the Dealer can request Distro to make the "PO correction" - Distro will MB-Mail Germany - Germany will email Graf - Graf/Germany will email back to Distro PO correction is made, or that the PO correction cannot be made.
However - if the information you think you have is NOT correct - and there is no "glitch" - and/or this does not fall into the "Manufaktur" program as a allowable manual exception - and Distroi/Germany/Graf can't make the manual exception on the PO - then you do need to be prepared to decide on a backup plan - and at that point you will be on the clock to "go with x" or no go...
Old 01-26-2020, 09:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thank you for the information. Long story short another local dealer offered me the order they already have in the system and they will match the other deal (MSRP minus $800). I will get the PO# tomorrow and then the person I spoke with at MB will contact the G Project Office again and when the system has been updated to accept the change (Zen wood wheel instead of the AMG wheel) the build will be updated. Again, what I am being told is that since it is a new option this year dealers cannot yet order the option.
Old 01-27-2020, 01:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A gaggle of MB's
Have the Dealer process the PO change request thru Mercedes Distribution - and they can confirm back in 24hrs to the dealer.
Old 01-27-2020, 08:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by fabbrisd1
Have the Dealer process the PO change request thru Mercedes Distribution - and they can confirm back in 24hrs to the dealer.
Thanks, I will see what they say but to be specific I do not think the system has been updated to accept the change I want, which again is new for 2020 and not yet implemented:

Zen Wood Steering Wheel (option VK7) instead of the AMG Steering Wheel (option L5B) that comes in the AMG Line Package (DG1) on the 2020 G550; I also selected Zen Wood trim (VA4), which is a requirement for getting the Zen steering wheel.
Old 01-28-2020, 02:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A gaggle of MB's
Whatever dude... on a existing PO - open to changes - if Dealer-to-Distribution-Germany and back can't confirm what you want .. then yes, you will need a backup plan and open mind to your 2nd choice.. that can all be done and settled by Friday morning.
Old 01-28-2020, 08:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thanks again, I think. Isn't this forum for the kinds of things that I am bringing up? At least that is how the Porsche & Harley Forums work. Sorry to waste your time here, dude.
Old 01-28-2020, 11:53 AM

Received 52 Likes on 31 Posts
mercedes g63
Originally Posted by Bob Z.
Thanks again, I think. Isn't this forum for the kinds of things that I am bringing up? At least that is how the Porsche & Harley Forums work. Sorry to waste your time here, dude.
it is usually a good forum...most people help one another ---some are just not in that place in life and need to cast shadows on others---Good Luck on your build and please share pictures when you receive ---I like the Zen Wood- Cheers
Old 01-28-2020, 08:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by CDHG63
it is usually a good forum...most people help one another ---some are just not in that place in life and need to cast shadows on others---Good Luck on your build and please share pictures when you receive ---I like the Zen Wood- Cheers
It's all good. I remember the days of being on the Internet before browsers so my skin has thicken over time! Thanks though and I actually heard back from my contact at MB this morning. She said that the Project Manager told her that my dealer can now add the Zen steering wheel to my order so I notified the dealer and am waiting to see the updated build to be sure. I have been offered an existing build that can be changed, which has a June delivery, so I may get that vice waiting - better sooner than later!
Old 01-29-2020, 12:46 AM

Received 57 Likes on 30 Posts
G350d, Rover Mini , Abarth 500, G230, RS4
It's all good. I remember the days of being on the Internet before browsers so my skin has thicken over time! Thanks though and I actually heard back from my contact at MB this morning. She said that the Project Manager told her that my dealer can now add the Zen steering wheel to my order so I notified the dealer and am waiting to see the updated build to be sure. I have been offered an existing build that can be changed, which has a June delivery, so I may get that vice waiting - better sooner than later!
Great, that sounds very promising indeed! I’m not sure what zen is but I’m certainly looking forward to seeing some pictures!

ive enjoyed reading this thread and I certainly believe that these forums are created to share knowledge, guidance etc.

I’m currently waiting for a build date on a UK order and it’s been great reading about all the build possibilities worldwide. Unfortunately in the UK it’s pretty damn limited in my opinion; mostly packages. I just want red seatbelts LMAO- computer says NO! :-(

Good Luck!
Old 01-29-2020, 08:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Very true. This forum has helped, and is still helping me with my order and about things I am interested in doing. Here is what my interior will look like based on the German configurator (the US one is still not up):

The following users liked this post:
pateljb (01-29-2020)
Old 01-29-2020, 09:40 AM

Very true. This forum has helped, and is still helping me with my order and about things I am interested in doing. Here is what my interior will look like based on the German configurator (the US one is still not up):

That looks spot on Bob.I know that here in the Uk you can order that particular colour wood but definitely not the steering wheel. Very classy!
Old 01-30-2020, 03:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I just received notification that the wood steering wheel was just added by MB and they sent the updated build sheet for my PO# to verify it so I now I just have to wait for the G to arrive (April build).
Bexlee (01-30-2020)
Old 01-30-2020, 04:22 PM

I just received notification that the wood steering wheel was just added by MB and they sent the updated build sheet for my PO# to verify it so I now I just have to wait for the G to arrive (April build).
that’s great news Bob, congratulations!!!!! - you can now relax and have endless dreams of G’s!!! I can hardly sleep at night waiting for my April/May G!!

Woohoo!!
Old 01-30-2020, 04:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Bexlee
that’s great news Bob, congratulations!!!!! - you can now relax and have endless dreams of G’s!!! I can hardly sleep at night waiting for my April/May G!!

Woohoo!!
Yeah, unless my wife changes her mind about the colors! I do not know how long I have to make changes but the sooner it locks the better!
Bexlee (01-30-2020)
Old 01-30-2020, 04:39 PM

Yeah, unless my wife changes her mind about the colors! I do not know how long I have to make changes but the sooner it locks the better!
hahaha brilliant lol - I say brilliant as it’s the same for me !!!! :-). We’ve ordered (boring black lol) but we saw a brilliant blue one and are considering a change now, also the hyacinth red (unsure if that’s in your market?)..... what colour have you gone for and what are your other (debatable colours)?
Old 01-30-2020, 05:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Selenite Gray with Black wheels, etc. My wife liked Mojave Silver at first until one showed up in our condo's parking garage. My Porsche is Miami Blue so we'll keep the G mellow!

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Build.pdf (119.6 KB, 72 views)
Old 01-31-2020, 12:45 AM

Selenite Gray with Black wheels, etc. My wife liked Mojave Silver at first until one showed up in our condo's parking garage. My Porsche is Miami Blue so we'll keep the G mellow!
thats a nice looking build sheet. I like the idea of the Selenite grey with the two tone blue interior, and zen. - it will look great.

The mellow G and the Jazzy Porsche - perfect.

when I have a similar document I will show you the specs that I have coming.

Old 01-31-2020, 03:49 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2020 g 550
Great spec, I think you should get everything you want in options these Gwagons are to expensive to not get what you want. I think it's great that your going to get your steering wheel just the way you want it.