G Class (W463A) Produced 2019-Present: G550, G63 AMG

Where to get a full body wrap on a G in central FL?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-25-2021, 11:21 PM

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts
G550
Where to get a full body wrap on a G in central FL?

Have a new G550 on order and finally got an allocation. Now I need to figure out where I can get a full body xpel (or equivalent) wrap done somewhere in the Orlando metro area so it can be done as soon as the truck arrives.
I assume they have to take the brush bar off and maybe some of the trim, so ideally someone with experience doing this?
I guess I could call the dealer tomorrow and see if they recommend anyone, but if someone here has a personal experience I would appreciate it.

Thanks
Old 05-25-2021, 11:38 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
X5,M4
Mr. Sparkle in Ormond Beach. Meticulous and reasonably priced.
Old 05-26-2021, 08:00 AM

Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts
2020 G550
#201WRAP in Jacksonville does great work. I’ve used them several times.
Not familiar with any shops in Orlando.
Old 05-26-2021, 07:46 PM

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts
AMG G63
Ultimate Auto. no one better.
Old 05-26-2021, 10:16 PM

G550
Originally Posted by Bulldogmike
Ultimate Auto. no one better.
Ill take a look.

Any experience or knowledge of Ultrashield Orlando? Apparently they come out to the dealerships and do it on site in the dealer's garage.

Old 05-26-2021, 10:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 462 Likes on 377 Posts
'25 EQG deposit, '21 718 Spyder & '20 HD Fatboy
Originally Posted by Deezwho
Have a new G550 on order and finally got an allocation. Now I need to figure out where I can get a full body xpel (or equivalent) wrap done somewhere in the Orlando metro area so it can be done as soon as the truck arrives.
I assume they have to take the brush bar off and maybe some of the trim, so ideally someone with experience doing this?
I guess I could call the dealer tomorrow and see if they recommend anyone, but if someone here has a personal experience I would appreciate it.

Thanks
Bryan Burgess, aka Mr Sparkle (mrsparkledetailing@gmail.com). He did my G550 and several other Porsches for me, and he will be doing my incoming 718 SPyder as well. Tell him "Bob Z." referred you and he will give you a referral price...I will mention it to him. He does a lot of high end vehicles and he is very **** and treats them as his own, which is hard to find these days.
Old 05-26-2021, 10:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,489 Likes on 986 Posts
This place is a joke.
Why would you want to cover up a brand new vehicle's paint? Same for those clear bras, which look terrible by the way. Leave them on too long (years) and they yellow, and will eventually ruin the paint underneath, I've seen it myself. Is it to ensure the paint is perfect for the next owner? This is like leaving your toys in the box when you were a kid. This is a 4x4 truck with legendary offroad capabilities, why would you wrap it in a baby blanket? Cars are a depreciating asset. Use it. Enjoy it. Relax.
Old 05-26-2021, 10:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 462 Likes on 377 Posts
'25 EQG deposit, '21 718 Spyder & '20 HD Fatboy
Clear bras as you call them (PPF to everyone else) cannot be noticed when properly applied and they prevent rock chips from impacting the paint, and with a ceramic coating over the top it makes keeping it clean so much easier. I take mine on the beach occasionally but most of do not and we treat them like the expensive vehicle they are - there is nothing wrong with that!
Old 05-27-2021, 01:33 AM

G550
Originally Posted by E55Greasemonkey
Why would you want to cover up a brand new vehicle's paint? Same for those clear bras, which look terrible by the way. Leave them on too long (years) and they yellow, and will eventually ruin the paint underneath, I've seen it myself. Is it to ensure the paint is perfect for the next owner? This is like leaving your toys in the box when you were a kid. This is a 4x4 truck with legendary offroad capabilities, why would you wrap it in a baby blanket? Cars are a depreciating asset. Use it. Enjoy it. Relax.
I meant the PPF wrap specifically..
Multiple reasons: Florida sun is brutal on car paint, d-bags in parking lots ding the doors, road rash from gravel trails, hail damage, hard to remove dead bugs/tar, etc.
I put my iphone in a case and have a screen protector on it ... that's also a depreciating asset, but everyone does it. Why not protect an even more valuable asset?

Old 05-27-2021, 07:26 AM

AMG G63
Originally Posted by Deezwho
Ill take a look.

Any experience or knowledge of Ultrashield Orlando? Apparently they come out to the dealerships and do it on site in the dealer's garage.
Yes they are experienced with all types of film. frankly when you ask about PPF companies everyone will have an opinion. we are blessed to have a number of fantastic companies and individuals here in central florida. From Dave Duncan in winter park (invisible clear bras) , to Steve Karim Frtiz (specialty detailers) , to Tahir Bakish (guardian), to Pete muller (Tint world). and ultimately (no pun)..... ultimate Auto. it take ONE 1 minute walk through ultimate to realize why they are the upper echelon of workmanship. In fact they have ben approached multiple times to do a reality show (ala in the style of west coast customs) and their MASSIVE facility is a showcase to high end vehicle upgrades Their PPF person is without question regarded as one of the best in the business (the entire business) . I take my cars there: My 2022 G63 AMG. Porsche GT2RS , Lambo STO, Mclaren 600LT . and so does my partner. check them out.. speak to Ihmran the General Manager. mention my name (Mike Collins) ... and just do yourself a favor... go there ... and be prepared to walk through Aladdin's cave of the exotic cars all being worked on there. .... and realize ... these owners choose this place for a reason.
Old 05-27-2021, 01:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 571 Likes on 374 Posts
2023 G63
I've been tempted to forgo PPF as I do think it's making the paint look good for the next owner, but you really can't tell it's there in the right hands. I don't bother with my wife's Odyssey and it has rock chips all over the hood.
Old 05-27-2021, 01:58 PM

AMG G63
Originally Posted by Hodog16
I've been tempted to forgo PPF as I do think it's making the paint look good for the next owner, but you really can't tell it's there in the right hands. I don't bother with my wife's Odyssey and it has rock chips all over the hood.
i wouldnt dream of one of my cars not having some form of PPF. whether is full front on entire. the ONLY thing im always careful on are the headlights. both my porsches AND bentley have had lenses ruined by film. so i never have it on there.