G Class (W463A) Produced 2019-Present: G550, G63 AMG

December builds have limited options and MB is changing builds without notification

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-20-2021, 01:26 AM

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts
G63s and a few others
December builds have limited options and MB is changing builds without notification

If you have a December build make sure to check your build order. What I ordered 14 months ago and what I am getting are completely different. I would not have even known I am getting a basic G63 in a color I don’t want if I did not randomly ask my saleswoman to send me a duplicate build sheet. No more mango paints, no more night package, no more carbon fiber, no more diamond stitched leather. Salesperson tried revising the order to my original and the system wouldn’t take it.

Really hoping this is a technical issue.

Mercedes needs to get it together. If they can’t deliver what they sell, why didn’t they notify dealers? Imagine going to take delivery of your $200,000+, vehicle and something different shows up. Shameful.

Last edited by jamesszzz; 10-20-2021 at 01:55 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Nik640 (10-20-2021)
Old 10-20-2021, 04:54 AM

Received 66 Likes on 38 Posts
G63
They did the same thing at end of production my 18

Interesting they are doing it again, but not for a redesign
Old 10-20-2021, 07:55 AM

Received 230 Likes on 162 Posts
G63, G65
Originally Posted by jamesszzz
If you have a December build make sure to check your build order. What I ordered 14 months ago and what I am getting are completely different. I would not have even known I am getting a basic G63 in a color I don’t want if I did not randomly ask my saleswoman to send me a duplicate build sheet. No more mango paints, no more night package, no more carbon fiber, no more diamond stitched leather. Salesperson tried revising the order to my original and the system wouldn’t take it.

Really hoping this is a technical issue.

Mercedes needs to get it together. If they can’t deliver what they sell, why didn’t they notify dealers? Imagine going to take delivery of your $200,000+, vehicle and something different shows up. Shameful.
This is concerning for sure. Did they make these changes after already sending you a build sheet with a PO? The build sheet I got when they confirmed the PO about a month ago has the correct build on it. 1st week of December build date.
Old 10-20-2021, 08:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 992 Likes on 759 Posts
G550
MB knows it can sell whatever it builds, if not to the originating buyer, to someone else further down the dealers' lists, and maybe at a larger ADM. Their objective is maximizing profit and minimizing costs. Customer satisfaction has no German translation.
MB's new slogan . . . "The Best or Nothing or A Box of Chocolates"

Last edited by streborx; 10-20-2021 at 08:38 AM.
Old 10-20-2021, 09:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2021 audi rs6
that sucks, can i have the last 7 digits of the vin. my dealer wants to compare your build to my allocation.
what dealer is it coming from?
it's not enough we have to pay a stiff premium, but get pot luck. No way.

Old 10-20-2021, 11:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 571 Likes on 374 Posts
2023 G63
If they are trying to use up surplus going to be a lot of doo doo brown G63s with black/lime interiors and 20” rims on autotrader in late December.
Old 10-20-2021, 11:37 AM

G63, G65
Originally Posted by Hodog16
If they are trying to use up surplus going to be a lot of doo doo brown G63s with black/lime interiors and 20” rims on autotrader in late December.
You got that right!
Old 10-20-2021, 01:15 PM

G63s and a few others
Originally Posted by nshardware
that sucks, can i have the last 7 digits of the vin. my dealer wants to compare your build to my allocation.
what dealer is it coming from?
it's not enough we have to pay a stiff premium, but get pot luck. No way.
Park Place in Dallas. I don’t have my VIN yet, just the PO.

Last edited by jamesszzz; 10-20-2021 at 01:38 PM.
Old 10-20-2021, 01:31 PM

G63s and a few others
Originally Posted by The Butcher
This is concerning for sure. Did they make these changes after already sending you a build sheet with a PO? The build sheet I got when they confirmed the PO about a month ago has the correct build on it. 1st week of December build date.
Original order page from 14 months ago doesn’t show a PO number. Found out about the changes when I asked for another copy of the build sheet that shows the PO#.
Old 10-20-2021, 04:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,100 Likes on 806 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
Just a Head's Up.... to be helpful..

1. Graz/Magna does NOT change a Production G-Wagen order after it has been locked down and Confirmed-To-The-Dealer (also called "PO Red")

2. Yes - MB Factories on Sedan/SUV's can "rarely/occasionally" change a Confirmed Production Order (after Red)

3. But whatever comes up on G's are the result of Dealer missing something on the Front End process - or Dealer "being to sly" - like changing a Dealer PO you think "you have as a customer" to another customer's Spec because that other Customer will pay more over MSRP.

4. Nov/Dec in New G-Wagen's will be a $$$ Roller Coaster on the Ground at Dealers for Retail Delivery....

5. Graz is Building ending 2021 G's on-schedule - tail end December builds with Original Dec build will be built by mid-Nov - to clean up Graz for the "we-don't-know-anything-yet" 22's".

6. MB-Dealers can "wholesale auction" New 2021 G's to other MB Dealers at Stupid Prices - a New $156K 2021 G550 just today - auctioned MB-Dealer/Auction/MB-Dealer for $239K... Bidding Started at $170K and in $500 bid increments went up to $239K in less than 4 minutes - that's "Whoiesale"
achatgrau (10-21-2021)
Old 10-20-2021, 05:29 PM

G63s and a few others
My G-Wagen is still in the green stage and it won’t allow dealer to add those options to my build. It allowed interior and exterior color changes and change of other options but system will not allow matte paint, night package, diamond leather, and a few others.
Old 10-20-2021, 07:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 462 Likes on 377 Posts
'25 EQG deposit, '21 718 Spyder & '20 HD Fatboy
Originally Posted by fabbrisd1

1. Graz/Magna does NOT change a Production G-Wagen order after it has been locked down and Confirmed-To-The-Dealer (also called "PO Red")

2. Yes - MB Factories on Sedan/SUV's can "rarely/occasionally" change a Confirmed Production Order (after Red)

3. But whatever comes up on G's are the result of Dealer missing something on the Front End process - or Dealer "being to sly" - like changing a Dealer PO you think "you have as a customer" to another customer's Spec because that other Customer will pay more over MSRP.

4. Nov/Dec in New G-Wagen's will be a $$$ Roller Coaster on the Ground at Dealers for Retail Delivery....

5. Graz is Building ending 2021 G's on-schedule - tail end December builds with Original Dec build will be built by mid-Nov - to clean up Graz for the "we-don't-know-anything-yet" 22's".

6. MB-Dealers can "wholesale auction" New 2021 G's to other MB Dealers at Stupid Prices - a New $156K 2021 G550 just today - auctioned MB-Dealer/Auction/MB-Dealer for $239K... Bidding Started at $170K and in $500 bid increments went up to $239K in less than 4 minutes - that's "Whoiesale"
Geez, if #6 is true I think I will stick with the price of my 2020 G550 that I have for sale.
Old 10-20-2021, 08:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

G550
Just a Head's Up.... to be helpful.
And the bid-winning dealer plans to tack on a $50K ADM charge? $289K for a G550???
Welcome to the asylum mates!
Old 10-20-2021, 11:57 PM

Received 292 Likes on 194 Posts
‘13 911-4S, ‘21 CTR, '22 GT4, ‘19 G63
Originally Posted by streborx
And the bid-winning dealer plans to tack on a $50K ADM charge? $289K for a G550???
Welcome to the asylum mates!
that’s for g550?
Old 10-21-2021, 07:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

G550
Originally Posted by Bob Z.
Geez, if #6 is true I think I will stick with the price of my 2020 G550 that I have for sale.
The insanity hasn't yet peaked. Dealers will be auctioning lightly used Gs like yours, if they aren't already doing this. Like it or not, this is the most efficient way to channel Gs into dealerships with the most affluent buyers. It's a win-win for both seller and buyer dealerships.
Old 10-21-2021, 08:52 AM

G63, G65
Originally Posted by jamesszzz
Original order page from 14 months ago doesn’t show a PO number. Found out about the changes when I asked for another copy of the build sheet that shows the PO#.
As others have speculated, something didn't get done correctly by your dealer. Either they didn't input it correctly, or did it late and things were blocked out. I went and checked my build with my dealer yesterday and he confirmed my build is correct, along with the other G63 build that are the last two they are getting. No changes to either of ours.

Good info. I can confirm #5 is correct. We had a 1st week December build, and after looking yesterday it is now Nov. 4 build date. Finally something gets done early instead of delayed!
Old 10-21-2021, 08:55 AM

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
2020 G550
Originally Posted by streborx
The insanity hasn't yet peaked. Dealers will be auctioning lightly used Gs like yours, if they aren't already doing this. Like it or not, this is the most efficient way to channel Gs into dealerships with the most affluent buyers. It's a win-win for both seller and buyer dealerships.
I had talked to these guys prior to finding a local dealer for mine back in the Spring - but they were telling me then that it was just going to move up in pricing...now looking at their site, it seems like they've cornered the market on lightly used G's!!! Can't believe how many they have and wonder how fast they are moving at their market prices!!!!

https://www.mercedeshoffman.com/sear...l=G-Class&pt=1

Old 10-28-2021, 11:25 PM

Received 81 Likes on 65 Posts
Mercedes G63
Originally Posted by The Butcher
As others have speculated, something didn't get done correctly by your dealer. Either they didn't input it correctly, or did it late and things were blocked out. I went and checked my build with my dealer yesterday and he confirmed my build is correct, along with the other G63 build that are the last two they are getting. No changes to either of ours.

Good info. I can confirm #5 is correct. We had a 1st week December build, and after looking yesterday it is now Nov. 4 build date. Finally something gets done early instead of delayed!

Same here. Mine was supposed to be around 1st week of December a while back. Then early this week I was told a Nov 5 build date. Now today they said it was actually in production and it would be before the Nov 5 build date and show up early Dec. I had the salesperson try to go in a few days ago when everything was green to change just the interior trim. It accepted the change, but when the GM arrived the next morning to check, he said it was too late and already in production. So the change was rejected. I am happy and actually glad the original trim order stuck now. Mines a polar white G63 with the trail package and a black interior. I hope they don't run out of white paint lol. I do have a PO number on the sheet with the build I signed off on.
The Butcher (10-29-2021)