G Class (W463A) Produced 2019-Present: G550, G63 AMG

Matte (Stealth) PPF examples on G Class

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-02-2024, 12:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
G550
Matte (Stealth) PPF examples on G Class

Hi, I've got a regular metallic black G550 that I want to wrap with matte (Xpel Stealth) PPF. Has anyone done a similar conversion before, and can provide some detailed pictures?

Since the G has many exposed hinges (doors and hood), I'm wondering how the matte PPF will turn out, since those parts will likely need to stay unwrapped, and 'gloss black' next to matte panels. I'm wondering if it looks odd...

Thanks in advance!
Old 01-02-2024, 11:37 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
BMW M5C

Havent taken the best pictures but you get the idea - stealth Arabian grey
Old 01-03-2024, 04:48 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Cayenne,E63S
Originally Posted by gleung
Hi, I've got a regular metallic black G550 that I want to wrap with matte (Xpel Stealth) PPF. Has anyone done a similar conversion before, and can provide some detailed pictures?

Since the G has many exposed hinges (doors and hood), I'm wondering how the matte PPF will turn out, since those parts will likely need to stay unwrapped, and 'gloss black' next to matte panels. I'm wondering if it looks odd...

Thanks in advance!
You can't tell from the far away, but if you look closely to the corner it will tell, also any dust in the film will visible
Old 01-03-2024, 11:06 PM

G550
Would love to see a close-up picture of the side profile if someone has it... Thanks!
Old 01-04-2024, 09:49 AM

Tesla

Here is my G63 wrapped in Stealth. It gets the job done, but very close up, you can tell that it's a wrap which I think is acceptable considering the many details. The G63 is one of, if not the hardest vehicles to wrap. If you're going to do wrap it, PLEASE don't use a cheaper installer. In this case, there is a much higher potential for areas to fail and leave you disappointed if they are not a experienced/detail oriented installer. I plan on powder coating my exhaust tips, and maybe my brush guard. I kinda like the gloss contrast at the moment.
Old 01-04-2024, 05:34 PM

G550
Looks great from that distance!

What would you say are the trouble areas when looking up close? Aside from the exposed hinges, any other areas that don’t look great up-close?
Old 01-08-2024, 09:55 AM

Received 136 Likes on 112 Posts
993 TT
Originally Posted by beau315

Here is my G63 wrapped in Stealth. It gets the job done, but very close up, you can tell that it's a wrap which I think is acceptable considering the many details. The G63 is one of, if not the hardest vehicles to wrap. If you're going to do wrap it, PLEASE don't use a cheaper installer. In this case, there is a much higher potential for areas to fail and leave you disappointed if they are not a experienced/detail oriented installer. I plan on powder coating my exhaust tips, and maybe my brush guard. I kinda like the gloss contrast at the moment.

What is the OEM color here? Is this Obsidian with a matte stealth wrap; or is this a matte finish with a clear wrap? Looks good!
Old 01-08-2024, 04:08 PM

Tesla
This is Obsidian with a matte stealth wrap. Thank you!
Old 01-08-2024, 04:09 PM

Tesla
Just about every panel is a challenge on this truck. There are some good YouTube videos of installers walking through some challenge areas.