Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

You need to complaint to MBUSA? I have president/CEOs email

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 02:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
750Li
You need to complaint to MBUSA? I have president/CEOs email

Hi

I recently ran into some issues with my car and I took it up all the way to the top. Which didnt help me much. I wrote a letter to the President of MB of USA - Ernst Lieb. He got the email and I got the phone call back but the response was shocking.

I learned that MBUSA does not care about repeat clientele of Mercedes Benz Brand. They cant even control their own dealers and keep them in check.

Long story short - its a worthless try to complaint to MBUSA but if you would like to do that I will provide you with an email address to the top exec. I dont want to post that here but feel free to PM me and I will be happy to give you that contact email. Trust me you will not find it on the web.
Old 02-22-2011, 03:28 PM

08 335xi, 11 C63 P31
Originally Posted by doktorek
Hi

I recently ran into some issues with my car and I took it up all the way to the top. Which didnt help me much. I wrote a letter to the President of MB of USA - Ernst Lieb. He got the email and I got the phone call back but the response was shocking.

I learned that MBUSA does not care about repeat clientele of Mercedes Benz Brand. They cant even control their own dealers and keep them in check.

Long story short - its a worthless try to complaint to MBUSA but if you would like to do that I will provide you with an email address to the top exec. I dont want to post that here but feel free to PM me and I will be happy to give you that contact email. Trust me you will not find it on the web.
So one of the spin doctors (executives) at MB USA told you by phone that his company's view towards repeat customers is that of indifference. Therefore, telling you that their growth model consists of attracting an infinite supply of new customers. Now you'll divulge his personal email to us, so that members on this forum can express disgust over this phone conversation?

Put on your flame suit.
Old 02-22-2011, 04:19 PM

750Li
Originally Posted by chris2k
So one of the spin doctors (executives) at MB USA told you by phone that his company's view towards repeat customers is that of indifference. Therefore, telling you that their growth model consists of attracting an infinite supply of new customers. Now you'll divulge his personal email to us, so that members on this forum can express disgust over this phone conversation?

Put on your flame suit.
Its not about my phone conversation.

Im disgusted with the way the this case is handled. No one was able to help me get to the top, nobody was able to give me that type of info because nobody had it. Well, I have the info and Im willing to share with people in need.
Im in the transportation business and I buy cars from Rolls, Bentley, Range Rover, BMW, etc. and I use them to make a living. I never got treated this way from any brand yet.

Im hoping this helps other people get things done. Whether that helps someone or not - its good info to have for those that get screwed by dealerships or people working for the brand.
I know for a fact that there is lots of Mercedes Techs and Reps that work at the dealerships that use this forum - they may not like that.

As I said before, its a waste of time complaining to corporate headquarters but if you want to do it - go ahead. I did it and it was useless. I only found out more disturbing news.

Im officially done buying cars from Mercedes Brand. Im switching sedan fleet to AUDI just like a lot of people in Europe have done.

Last edited by doktorek; 02-22-2011 at 04:25 PM.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:37 PM

Received 77 Likes on 59 Posts
'06 E55
Bought 3 lexus over the past few years and loved each one of them along with their top of the line customer service. However, two years ago bought a certified '06 E55 from Mercedes of Vin Devers of OH with 18,000 miles and to tell you the truth,the experience was a friggin night mare.

Three months ago,we went shopping for wife's car and guess what did we buy,a certified BMW. Wife wanted a C350 but i had had enough of mercedes bull ****,so went with a bimmer.

Mercedes customer service is horrible,infact it sucks big time.

No more Merc for me from now on
The following users liked this post:
Jacqbal (04-08-2021)
Old 02-23-2011, 11:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 143 Likes on 102 Posts
2010 E350 Luxury Sedan, Engine 272 (V6)
Others are much better

I have owned several different makes of cars over the years and had a few where I had to deal with the manufacturer. When first got present E350 had some issues and contacted MBUSA. Rudest person I have ever dealt with initially, but finally got to someone higher and at least had a decent conversation. But also told it is up to dealers and no possibility of me seeing a regional representative at all. Dealer makes all decisions.
Had much superior service from Nissan, Mazda, Saab and Hyundai-both at dealer and corporate levels. Hyundai even replaced my shocks twice because I did not like the ride in my Azera. They overnighted a $2500 computer for my car when original died while technician resetting a program-no questions asked.
After getting my Benz, wrote a letter to Hyundai USA CEO re: problems with my Azera and why I did not buy a Genesis. He CALLED me! Had an excellent conversation and this has moved Genesis and Equus onto my list of possible cars.
The following 2 users liked this post by El Cid:
BusyBee280 (06-13-2018), Splaktar (01-26-2024)
Old 02-27-2011, 10:46 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
'20 Targa 4 DD, ' 18 Volvo S60 T6
No surprise - even in Germany where they own their dealers MB is rated near the bottom of 20 or so makes with regards to service / support.

Does not stop people in Germany from buying MB though - the brand is that powerful!
Old 02-27-2011, 11:12 AM

750Li
In germany I would say the TOP brand these days is AUDI which is slowly trying to make a name for itself in US.

Benz commercial used to say "Car of the world leaders" - LOL. Yeah - maybe used to be.

I have been following a trend of what head of coutries buy for their fleet. And I see that AUDI is kicking up a notch.

We are starting to change our fleet to AUDI now slowly. Did you guys see the new A8?. They have their commercials on TV these days more and more often. Its wild.
Old 02-27-2011, 11:43 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
'20 Targa 4 DD, ' 18 Volvo S60 T6
In germany I would say the TOP brand these days is AUDI which is slowly trying to make a name for itself in US.

Benz commercial used to say "Car of the world leaders" - LOL. Yeah - maybe used to be.

I have been following a trend of what head of coutries buy for their fleet. And I see that AUDI is kicking up a notch.

We are starting to change our fleet to AUDI now slowly. Did you guys see the new A8?. They have their commercials on TV these days more and more often. Its wild.
Yeah.... Audi is very popular...though fleet buys is not much prestige, and knowing that all Audi are VW underneath except A8 will never pay the premium price they want - even more than MB for similar spec in NA
Old 06-09-2011, 04:09 PM

mb
hey can you shoot me the ceo email...I want to give that person piece of crap that I went through their dealer and I would never buy another MB again

Thx.
Old 06-13-2011, 06:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe

Yeah, well you might say that Audi is the top seller in Germany but you're wrong.

According to Kraftfahrt-Bundesamt (the Federal Motor Transport Authority of Germany) which is the source the Euro media goes to for accurate info, here are the top sellers in Germany for 2010.

And btw, the CLS is the top seller in Germany for May 2011 in the luxury segment.

Germany:
VW
Mercedes
BMW
Opel
Audi
Ford
Renault
Skoda
Toyota
Peugeot
Fiat
Citroen
Mazda
Hyundai
Seat
Nissan
Honda
Suzuki
Kia
Smart
Old 06-13-2011, 08:39 PM
Administrator

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
^

WHAT? No Lexus! Quick, someone spam the Lexus forum with that info.

Old 08-08-2011, 05:00 PM

SL 500
I would like the email address please
Old 02-17-2012, 02:46 AM

e350
Can I also have the email address?
Thanks.
Old 02-26-2012, 12:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2014 E350, 2006 C350 Sport(made it to 280k, loved it!), 1990 300E
I want the CEO email address as well. Thanks in advance.
Old 03-02-2012, 09:09 PM

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
'03 A4 2.0 Stroker, '14 E63 S AMG, '10 E550, '10 S550, '03 C240

Don't kid yourself, I have owned an Audi for YEARS!!!

Audi cares EVEN LESS about their customers. Their dealerships are full of the worst excuses for techs and service advisors I have ever had the displeasure of meeting. I have been to SEVERAL dealerships and they all suck. I love my Audi to death and know SO MANY Audi owners and ex-Audi employees. They are full of complaints. Heck, the Head of Audi Design in SoCal told his students that Audi really doesn't give a damn about its employees either. Don't even get me started on the dealership sales staff.

Honestly, the top brands provide the worst customer service. Mercedes has gotten much better in the last few years.

Lexus is MUCH better in this category, but the cars just aren't for me.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:34 PM

W203-4M W163
Its not about my phone conversation.

As I said before, its a waste of time complaining to corporate headquarters but if you want to do it - go ahead. I did it and it was useless. I only found out more disturbing news.
https://mbworld.org/forums/5006584-post69.html

Exact opposite experience from MBUSA. I was treated like a valued repeat customer, totally professional and, frankly, unexpected--I was out of warranty with a huge surprise repair and they took care of me.

Perhaps you could tell us what the problem was, to provide some context for your complaint.
Old 06-07-2012, 03:56 PM

E350 wagon
Can you send me the ceo email please.
Old 06-25-2012, 03:59 PM

1907 Sprinter
I had a problem with the Diesel Particle Filter on a 2007 Sprinter. The service adviser Bill took care of it with no questions asked. Part is on order and will call when it arrives.

Arend36
Chandler AZ
Old 07-06-2012, 11:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
07 S600 Designo, 03 SL500, 03 ML500, 2016 E400
Hi

Ernst got fired... that should make you happy
http://blogs.wsj.com/drivers-seat/20...over-expenses/

Last edited by smo0othride; 07-06-2012 at 12:13 PM.
Old 11-29-2012, 04:21 PM

2012 ML 2350
can you send me ceo number ?

Can u send me the email at tawdev@Xavier.edu
Old 12-20-2012, 12:30 PM

'05 E55 AMG, '96 Chev Sil Z71
MB - Tacoma (Larson) "The Best" and MB - Santa Barbara

I have owned a '96 C280, '99 C43 (both gone due to accidents) and now a 2005 E55 AMG. MB Tacoma has always provided excellent sales and customer service to me. Chris Lee sold me the E55 - he is always attentive to my needs and stays in contact with me via text / email keeping me informed on new products and making sure my vehicle is running well. Stori (service advisor) always takes care of my vehicle needs and makes sure that when I bring it in that it is serviced propery and runs better then when I brought it in. During my C43 days, I was on a trip to S. Calif. from Seattle, WA. - during the climb in Grants Pass, OR. the car started sputtering only upon acceleration. Since our final destination was visiting family in Santa Barbara, CA. and we would be there the next morning we scheduled an appointment with MB Santa Barbara. I brought my car in at 7:30 am the next morning. Friendly and knowledgeable service advisor. My car was done just 2 hours later, a smiling, friendly MB Tech actually explained that one of the spark plug 'seals' was not working properly, they repaired it and for under $200 I was out the door. Both dealerships are very customer service oriented and attentive to 'preventative maintenance'.

Last edited by benzer55; 12-20-2012 at 12:32 PM.
Old 12-20-2012, 12:35 PM

'05 E55 AMG, '96 Chev Sil Z71
Correction of Mistype

My C43 repais at MB - Santa Barbara was completed within 2 hours........... not 2 hrs late
Old 12-29-2012, 10:11 AM

08 CL 63, 15 S63 Edition 1
I brought my 2008 CL 63 in for an electrical repair (Central gateway went bad). The dealer charged $900 and told me this unit is not covered by Extended Warranty. I called MBUSA continuously for 2 days to get this straight, I did talk to the Case Supervisor name Ted and he could not help me either. This is not that I expected from MB. If you know the name and email of the MB upper management, please let me know so I can express my disappoinment with their customer service.
Thanks in advance.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C300
Bought our first Mercedes 6 weeks ago (2009 C300 4matic) and have the last service within the warranty period with a few fixes to be made under warranty in 3 weeks time so looking to see how the dealer performs.

The story of bad dealers and the u.s. head office is something we experienced with kia. Brand new optima and within the first week we discovered they have issues with mold spores going into the cabin, went all the way upto kia u.s. and the best they could do is say we can't smell it..it's air con related and they sent a tech to test it in the middle of november, 6 months after buying it and countless dealer failures at fixing it

Our experience has been dealers and the u.s head office even more so, couldn't care less and less about their customers. There are good ones out there but they are becoming fewer and fewer and more harder to find
Old 01-02-2013, 11:23 PM

750Li
No matter if you have a C class or S class - headquarters dont CARE!!! You may get lucky first time, 2nd time 3rd time and 4th time you will learn how Mercedes DOESNT CARE. I guess there is plenty of dumb people out there to keep buying into the joke. We moved on to a similar competitor brand and so far we are very happy. Never going back to benz again in my life!

ps. Even if new president stepped in, Mercedes policy is still the same: "We dont care about repeat clientele as long as we have all new people coming and buying our cars and we meet the sales quotas" There is a reason why BENZ is not a #1 brand.

Last edited by doktorek; 01-02-2013 at 11:32 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: You need to complaint to MBUSA? I have president/CEOs email