Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

help choosing car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-12-2004, 06:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mercedes
help choosing car

hello all, i'm not new but i don't post that often,
i am currently number 2 on the waiting list for an slk 55, i am just wondering your opinions

of either the slk 55 or a 1998 S Class with AMG rims, wood steering wheel and S600 grill.

i need help, i don't know which, i fell in love with the S class 140 chasis i love it, i haven't driven either one, i'd love the convertible but i'm not sure, i love that SClass feeling, whenever i see one on the road i'm like "wow" there's a car with *****,

please advise.
Old 05-19-2004, 05:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55
Re: help choosing car

Originally posted by ctrider

whenever i see one on the road i'm like "wow" there's a car with *****
hanging in the cold when he sees you driving a 2005 convertible in the cold with your airscarf on

SLK 55 baby, all the way.
Old 05-19-2004, 05:56 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
K Car
Re: help choosing car

hello all, i'm not new but i don't post that often,
i am currently number 2 on the waiting list for an slk 55, i am just wondering your opinions

of either the slk 55 or a 1998 S Class with AMG rims, wood steering wheel and S600 grill.

i need help, i don't know which, i fell in love with the S class 140 chasis i love it, i haven't driven either one, i'd love the convertible but i'm not sure, i love that SClass feeling, whenever i see one on the road i'm like "wow" there's a car with *****,

please advise.
Man, talk about opposite ends of the spectrum! A two seater, AMG sport car (feminine looking IMO) vs. a large luxury sedan. To me, this is like a GM customer trying to decide between a corvette and a Caddy.

I think only you know enough about yourself to make this decision. Which would you rather have, a sports car, or a lux sedan?
Old 06-07-2004, 02:45 PM
Almost a Member!

I cant even believe you have doubts about the SLK55 AMG. That is the car to have. Unfortunately i have never driven or been in one but im sure that the exhilaration and feel of that car will be similar to that of a porsche or ferrari. The S class is a great car but you cannot compare the two cars. I can understand if you are thinking between a new SLK-AMG or a slightly used S55 AMG, but still, the SLK is the car to have.
Old 06-07-2004, 05:22 PM
Out Of Control!!

K Car
Originally posted by B. Datwani PMA
I cant even believe you have doubts about the SLK55 AMG. That is the car to have. Unfortunately i have never driven or been in one but im sure that the exhilaration and feel of that car will be similar to that of a porsche or ferrari. The S class is a great car but you cannot compare the two cars. I can understand if you are thinking between a new SLK-AMG or a slightly used S55 AMG, but still, the SLK is the car to have.
It's not always about performance. You couldn't twist my arm hard enough to make me buy an SLK. No matter how nice the engine is, it's still an SLK. The S class would be more to my liking, but I don't think I would consider a 1998.

Two different cars, two different customers.
Old 06-07-2004, 05:26 PM

mercedes
well it looks like i may not be getting neither

a 2004 sl fell in at the right price so i may go with that, it's a big debate now
Old 06-07-2004, 05:35 PM
Out Of Control!!

K Car
well it looks like i may not be getting neither

a 2004 sl fell in at the right price so i may go with that, it's a big debate now
Now your talking!

Huge difference in price though (from what you quoted).

Not sure what your commute will be in Boston, but you might want to think about getting a "winter driver".
Old 06-07-2004, 05:42 PM

mercedes
probably still keep my 1993 190e 2.6 it still gets me around in style heh
Old 06-07-2004, 06:26 PM
Almost a Member!

It's not always about performance. You couldn't twist my arm hard enough to make me buy an SLK. No matter how nice the engine is, it's still an SLK. The S class would be more to my liking, but I don't think I would consider a 1998.

I Know that a SLK is not the greatest car in the world. But the amount of performance, looks, quality and new car, the SLK55 is a pretty good value for the price range. If you can afford a new model SL or new model S55 AMG then go for it. But SLK55 is one of the best overall (value, quality, looks and performance) for within its category.
Old 06-28-2004, 04:36 AM

Mercedes W126 500SEL 1986
Cool

As much as I love the S Class it would have to be the SLK but only as long as I had use of another car.
Cos the SLK is'nt very big inside though I suppose it would depend on ya lifestyle!?,

what the hell get the SLK and enjoy!!.
Old 06-28-2004, 09:06 AM

Turbo Diesel
bump