Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Free AMG Academy

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-27-2019, 09:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 442 Likes on 306 Posts
19 E63s(wifeys) & a 21 GLE580
Free AMG Academy

Question. Years ago I was invited to a free one day AMG driving event. The event had a bunch of others from the private lounge forum. We had a few quick Q&A sessions, small history class, lunch, and then an afternoon with a couple of hot laps. I was able to bring my wife and up to 2 friends (which at the time I did not know about). So my question is this. How did I get the invite? Was it because I registered a new AMG (used to me) on the private lounge forum? Was it because I was new to the private lounge forum? Since then I have never heard of any events like this nor have I been invited to anything. With a new E63 (brand new this time) coming soon I was just curious if I get the invite again.
Thanks!
Old 03-30-2019, 08:17 PM

Received 74 Likes on 54 Posts
2000 Acura NSX, 2012 C63 P31 (gone and not forgotten), 2015 C63 507
good question. I'm interested too
Old 03-30-2019, 08:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 MB SL55AMG
agreed, i too was invited about 5 years ago to a day long road course set up at that time in miami at the horse racing parking lot. all the new model year cars were there for me and a guest to drive and the mercedes team drivers rode along giving pointers, etc. i have another amg, an sl55, and would love to have another event such as this but cannot find any information anywhere. sure would like to hear from AMG about these events. btw im in daytona now and the nearby raceway would be a great place.
Old 07-30-2019, 05:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 162 Posts
Trek Bike
AMG Private Lounge

Originally Posted by marcoamg
agreed, i too was invited about 5 years ago to a day long road course set up at that time in miami at the horse racing parking lot. all the new model year cars were there for me and a guest to drive and the mercedes team drivers rode along giving pointers, etc. i have another amg, an sl55, and would love to have another event such as this but cannot find any information anywhere. sure would like to hear from AMG about these events. btw im in daytona now and the nearby raceway would be a great place.
AMG car owners are entitled to free membership in the AMG Private Lounge. All relevant info about Driving Academy and much, much more can be found there.
Owners can register at https://www.mercedes-amg.com/en/expe...te-lounge.html
And, when in Germany, can take a tour of AMG factory in Affalterbach.... https://www.mercedes-amg.com/en/expe...ctorytour.html

Hope this helps.....
Old 07-30-2020, 08:22 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,353 Likes on 2,807 Posts
2012 CLS63
I had a plane ticket.......a reserved spot.......and missed my chance due to a health issue. When you buy an AMG you get a free day on an AMG road course......well, that's what they used to do when you bought one, not sure what the story is today during the shat demic.
Old 07-30-2020, 12:20 PM

Received 74 Likes on 54 Posts
2000 Acura NSX, 2012 C63 P31 (gone and not forgotten), 2015 C63 507
Does anyone know if this counts if your buy an AMG used or does it have to be a dealer/new?
Old 07-30-2020, 12:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,674 Likes on 2,454 Posts
2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by 95gsrturbo
Does anyone know if this counts if your buy an AMG used or does it have to be a dealer/new?

2. Eligibility:

All legal US residents (21) years of age or older with a valid US driver’s license who purchase and/or lease a new Mercedes-AMG model in the last (12) months are eligible to claim the above-mentioned AMG Purchase Reward offers. Only (1) AMG Purchase Reward may be claimed per course.

Only new. It's included in the purchase price essentially. You get a purchase certificate from AMG that can be redeemed towards the AMG Driving Academy PERFORMANCE program. It's an all day event at four different race tracks in the USA. When you register you enter the VIN of the car, and then it takes AMG a couple of days to confirm that you did indeed purchase that particular car. 63 models and above get the full day complementary, but 35 and 43 owners only get about $800 towards the price.

https://www.amgacademy.com/register/...urchase-reward

https://www.amgacademy.com/schedule

All the events for this year have been cancelled, though, due to COVID. The only events left are for December and November at COTA and Laguna Seca, but they may get cancelled, too. I was registered for DRIFT and DRIFT+ at Laguna Seca, but DRIFT which was scheduled for June got cancelled and they refunded me for both, because you can't attend DRIFT+ w/o taking DRIFT first.

Last edited by superswiss; 07-30-2020 at 12:43 PM.
Old 07-30-2020, 02:57 PM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
Originally Posted by superswiss

Only new. It's included in the purchase price essentially. You get a purchase certificate from AMG that can be redeemed towards the AMG Driving Academy PERFORMANCE program. It's an all day event at four different race tracks in the USA. When you register you enter the VIN of the car, and then it takes AMG a couple of days to confirm that you did indeed purchase that particular car. 63 models and above get the full day complementary, but 35 and 43 owners only get about $800 towards the price.

https://www.amgacademy.com/register/...urchase-reward

https://www.amgacademy.com/schedule

All the events for this year have been cancelled, though, due to COVID. The only events left are for December and November at COTA and Laguna Seca, but they may get cancelled, too. I was registered for DRIFT and DRIFT+ at Laguna Seca, but DRIFT which was scheduled for June got cancelled and they refunded me for both, because you can't attend DRIFT+ w/o taking DRIFT first.
It's amusing that the 43 and 53 purchases only get a partial credit Personally, I'd rather have that cost deducted from the mew car price lol. They can keep the free day.
With that being said, I've missed out on two days
Old 07-30-2020, 03:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

No. The event I’m talking about was not part of the free certificate when you purchase new. We purchased a used AMG and it had something to do with signing up on the AMG private lounge that triggered a free day. We have since purchased a new AMG and the certificate most are talking about is totally different.
The day I’m talking about seems to e a little different. We showed up, had a little while with others from the PVT lounge, went to a session where AMG people talked about car productions and new models, saw a few new AMGs that were about to be released, had lunch, more talk about AMG stuff in a classroom and then we got released to go do a few hot laps.
Old 07-30-2020, 03:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I might have worded the original thread wrong. Sorry.
I don’t think it was the actually AMG academy now that I have learned more. I just don’t know why we actually got invited.
Old 07-30-2020, 04:14 PM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
Originally Posted by BACnMercedes
No. The event I’m talking about was not part of the free certificate when you purchase new. We purchased a used AMG and it had something to do with signing up on the AMG private lounge that triggered a free day. We have since purchased a new AMG and the certificate most are talking about is totally different.
The day I’m talking about seems to e a little different. We showed up, had a little while with others from the PVT lounge, went to a session where AMG people talked about car productions and new models, saw a few new AMGs that were about to be released, had lunch, more talk about AMG stuff in a classroom and then we got released to go do a few hot laps.
Sounds good except for the classroom part haha. Any pics?
Old 07-30-2020, 05:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,674 Likes on 2,454 Posts
2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by BACnMercedes
Probably was a one-off event. The PL and AMG do different events throughout the year. Changes every year. I believe there's an events calendar somewhere. Maybe you got selected randomly or something.