Gl550

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 02:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'06 A6 & '08 GL550
Gl550

I maybe new, but thought it might be nice to have a thread to discuss the new GL550, even though it's discussed in a couple other threads.

Okay... first off, the posters in this forum are incredible. I can't believe how much I have learned by reading for the past week.

So, it looks like a few folks have been able to secure a spot on their dealer's order list for the new GL550. However, has anyone seen a price list, std. equipment or available options list? Also, any firmer details on shipping other than late July - September?

Thanks and I'm looking forward to contributing in the future... that is if you'll let an Audi owner on board.
Old 04-25-2007, 08:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
2011 E350 Cabriolet..White and Almond Mocha
Originally Posted by Stumblefoot
I maybe new, but thought it might be nice to have a thread to discuss the new GL550, even though it's discussed in a couple other threads.

Okay... first off, the posters in this forum are incredible. I can't believe how much I have learned by reading for the past week.

So, it looks like a few folks have been able to secure a spot on their dealer's order list for the new GL550. However, has anyone seen a price list, std. equipment or available options list? Also, any firmer details on shipping other than late July - September?

Thanks and I'm looking forward to contributing in the future... that is if you'll let an Audi owner on board.
Welcome to the forum. Details on the S550 should be emerging by June for sure. Since you are in Colorado you will have one of the best and knowledgeable sales rep available to you. Greg Weiler at Westminster MB (formally Glauser MB) will answer many of your questions and if he doesn't know he will find out.
Old 04-25-2007, 10:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 A6 & '08 GL550
GL550 New Info

Jack,

Thanks for the welcome and reco on Westminster MB.

You're not going to believe this, but went there after work today and struck a deal with Trent Olinger, who is the General Sales Mgr., as well as John Wahl, who is one of their sales consultants. Seems like a great dealership and they were really great to work with. So, we agreed to a discounted percentage and I put down $1K to hold my spot for their first 550. They have been allocated 4 units at this point.

Not much information from MB yet, but here is what I know right now...
  1. Their 550's are scheduled for production during the first 1/3rd of the month of August.
  2. Expect delivery in September.
  3. Although a few optional items showed up on NetStar, there were no packages, or standard equipment lists shown.
  4. Colors were showing the same as the 450.
  5. No pricing information listed yet.

So, that is it at this point. They hope to have further information in the next few weeks in order to customize my order.

I'll keep the board abreast how things progress.
Old 04-26-2007, 12:28 AM
Almost a Member!

'07 GL450
Jack,

Thanks for the welcome and reco on Westminster MB.

You're not going to believe this, but went there after work today and struck a deal with Trent Olinger, who is the General Sales Mgr., as well as John Wahl, who is one of their sales consultants. Seems like a great dealership and they were really great to work with. So, we agreed to a discounted percentage and I put down $1K to hold my spot for their first 550. They have been allocated 4 units at this point.

Not much information from MB yet, but here is what I know right now...
  1. Their 550's are scheduled for production during the first 1/3rd of the month of August.
  2. Expect delivery in September.
  3. Although a few optional items showed up on NetStar, there were no packages, or standard equipment lists shown.
  4. Colors were showing the same as the 450.
  5. No pricing information listed yet.

So, that is it at this point. They hope to have further information in the next few weeks in order to customize my order.

I'll keep the board abreast how things progress.
Congrats on your order. Keep us posted.
Old 04-26-2007, 08:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sounds great...will be looking forward to posts on the progress of your order and specs.
Old 04-26-2007, 10:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'07 GL 450, '02 S 80 T6
Stumblefoot - if you don't mind sharing, what discount percentage you got? I am thinking about a 550 too. Thx.
Old 04-26-2007, 10:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by oknish
Stumblefoot - if you don't mind sharing, what discount percentage you got? I am thinking about a 550 too. Thx.
Oknish...call Greg Weiler at Westminster MB and he will give you whatever he can as far as info. He is open and friendly...well worth the call. 866-711-0429
Old 04-26-2007, 10:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'07 GL 450, '02 S 80 T6
Originally Posted by Nevada Jack
Oknish...call Greg Weiler at Westminster MB and he will give you whatever he can as far as info. He is open and friendly...well worth the call. 866-711-0429

That's what I was planning on doing, NJ. Just wanted to get a feel first for what is being offered. This dealership has to be on the ball since they have already confirmed allocations and are talking deals. 20+ friggin' MB dealers in Los Angeles and not 1, not a single 1 will talk 550.
Old 04-26-2007, 11:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

That's what I was planning on doing, NJ. Just wanted to get a feel first for what is being offered. This dealership has to be on the ball since they have already confirmed allocations and are talking deals. 20+ friggin' MB dealers in Los Angeles and not 1, not a single 1 will talk 550.
That is the nice thing about Westminster...they are there to sell cars and make the buyers happy. No smoke and mirrors and snob effect...in my 50+ years of buying cars I have not seen a dealership as buyer friendly as this one.
Old 04-26-2007, 12:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 A6 & '08 GL550
Oknish, I don't mind sharing the percentage, but I think you should know my style and that I don't dick around shopping deals from dealer-to-dealer. When I'm ready to buy, I lay my cards on the table and I expect the same thing from the seller. If they don't, my business walks. I just don't have the time (or energy, or patience quite frankly) to nickel and dime.

Does a car dealer make more money on me than other consumers? You bet! Do I get a better deal than other consumers? Quite possibly. End the end it doesn't matter. If I feel good about the deal, then that's all that matters. I always find it hilarious when people post there price conquests. More power to them... it just doesn't matter to me.

With all that said, I don't think most dealerships are going to be willing to negotiate a lower price on their initial 550 allocations. This will be a vehicle from my perspective that initially will sell for list (or slightly above). But, as demand catches up to supply in the late fall, that's when deals will get much, much better than mine, i.e. thousands of dollars.

I had a unique situation with this dealership in that they were not forthcoming (in fact, actually withheld information from me) in answering questions that I had for them. When I had the opportunity to address this with the General Sales Mgr., he was the consumate professional and rectified the situation.

The bottom line is he knows that he can sell his 4 allocated units at full MSRP (or above) and he could have told me to go pound sand. But, the integrity of his dealership was important to him. Therefore, I asked for and received 1% off MSRP, regardless of how I tricked out the vehicle.

Am I happy with the deal? Yes. Is it the best possible deal out there? Unequivocally no! Is he happy about losing $750 - $900 on the deal? I doubt it.

I think Nevada Jack said it best about Westminster MB; "they are there to sell cars and make the buyers happy." I am very pleased with the fact that they took responsibility for their actions and consequently, sought to satisfy my needs. Also, I think you should know that I never wanted to own a MB. I find the brand ostentatious and it has just never resonated with me, like Audi has. In fact, as much as I like the GL450 and how it meets my family's needs, I'm not impressed by the big honkin' logo MB is going to put on the front of the 550. It's what I hate about the brand. But, I am now in the MB family, and my expectation is that my relationship with Westminster MB will only grow further over time.

Good luck to you as you consider switching up to the 550. I know Nevada Jack gave you his contact at Westminster MB and no doubt that reference is golden. For your information, my Sales Consultant was John Wahl, 303-410-7849 (direct line).

Best Wishes,

Stumblefoot
Old 05-02-2007, 07:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 290 Likes on 203 Posts
2013 650i Coupe, 2010 IS250 AWD, 1999 S500
Anyone hear anything yet on price for the GL550?

M
Old 05-02-2007, 10:00 PM

I'm not impressed by the big honkin' logo MB is going to put on the front of the 550.
+1, but removing it is not an option.
Old 05-03-2007, 01:51 AM
Almost a Member!

'07 GL450
Originally Posted by boxboss
+1, but removing it is not an option.
I'm pretty sure its not bigger, the one we've seen in the pics is a GL with distronic so the mercedes sign is different than the regular one without...its more glossy which is the distronic radar/sensor
Old 05-03-2007, 07:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 A6 & '08 GL550
Originally Posted by Germancar1
Anyone hear anything yet on price for the GL550?

M
Nothing as of yet.
Old 05-03-2007, 09:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'07 GL 450, '02 S 80 T6
Originally Posted by x-ALI-x
I'm pretty sure its not bigger, the one we've seen in the pics is a GL with distronic so the mercedes sign is different than the regular one without...its more glossy which is the distronic radar/sensor
The front logo on 550 is bigger than 450's. Check out the C & D review where it states " that 550 wears a "bigger three-pointed star".
Old 05-11-2007, 10:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 A6 & '08 GL550
550's Ready to Order???

My rep called today and left a voicemail that they were ready for me to come in and place my order. I called him back this afternoon to see what had been released for ordering information, because nothing is available on the web-site, but he hasn't returned my call. I'll let the board know if they are really ready to accept custom orders on the 550, because I have a feeling this is a mistake. We'll see.
Old 05-11-2007, 10:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

My rep called today and left a voicemail that they were ready for me to come in and place my order. I called him back this afternoon to see what had been released for ordering information, because nothing is available on the web-site, but he hasn't returned my call. I'll let the board know if they are really ready to accept custom orders on the 550, because I have a feeling this is a mistake. We'll see.
Based on an allocation in August I would think they must be ready to allow orders...cut offs of changes in Vance is about 6+ weeks in advance. They may not have all the pricing info but probably have the base specs and options list.
Old 05-14-2007, 04:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 A6 & '08 GL550
As suspected, rep jumped the gun. They do not have any information yet on base specs or options. Hope to have something shortly after Memorial Day.

If anyone hears differently from their dealerships, let us know!
Old 05-14-2007, 05:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'07 GL 450, '02 S 80 T6
Sorry to hear that, Stumblefoot. Do keep us posted your voyage.
Old 05-16-2007, 01:51 PM

GL 450
I talked to my rep about the GL550 and pricing. He named all the features that it comes with (most features available except a few) but he did not know where the talked about figures of 65K came from. He expects it to be closer to 90K!! I will update more when I find out more.
Old 05-16-2007, 01:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by sgnelmd
I talked to my rep about the GL550 and pricing. He named all the features that it comes with (most features available except a few) but he did not know where the talked about figures of 65K came from. He expects it to be closer to 90K!! I will update more when I find out more.
I think between $80-90K will be right on the button.
Old 05-16-2007, 03:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'07 GL 450, '02 S 80 T6
I too think 65 is a bit low. That might be the MSRP for the bare bones like 450's MSRP is around 55K.
Old 05-16-2007, 08:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 A6 & '08 GL550
If you get a spec and option list, please post. Would love to hear the plan since my dealer doesn't have any info yet. Thx!
Old 05-17-2007, 12:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 290 Likes on 203 Posts
2013 650i Coupe, 2010 IS250 AWD, 1999 S500
It will be more than 65K, but I doubt 80K. That would be like 25K more than the GL450 and for such a steep premium it better have everything standard. Then again MB wants some of the high-end Range Rover market so 75K is very possible with the few options taking it up to 85K.

M
Old 05-17-2007, 09:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GL450 (Alabaster White/Black Interior)
There is a post over on BenzWorld from a guy who has a deposit on a GL550. Based on what he is saying there are not a whole lot of options and the 550 is pretty much coming with everything. If that is the case, the base car is definitely going to be in the $80,000+ range. To me this would kind of make sense if they want to keep the 450 line going. Just my thoughts......

Here's the link:

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/gl-c...876-gl550.html

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Gl550