Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 02:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Real Cars
New member to GL family...

Hello all,

Just picked up our '08 GL320 CDI from Loeber Motors in Lincolnwood, IL. Very happy with the transaction. The woman traded in her 2006 Audi S4 for it, and we are very happy so far. The S4 was a great car but not the right fit in our current lineup, so we decided to make the change. Never owned a diesel before but have driven many, many diesels in the time I spent in Europe. I will be doing a Kleemann ECU and am considering summer wheel options, although it's a bit late in the season now to do a wheel swap, so that may wait until next summer.

I am very active in the AMG SL/E-class forums, so hopefully I can contribute a little here and there to this one as well.

Regards,

Marcus
Old 07-30-2008, 03:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 A6 & '08 GL550
Glad to have you aboard the GL forum Marcus. You've got a great last name, especially in light of your current residential address.

I grew up in Illinois and lived in Bartlett for 7 years back in the 90's. By the looks of that cool picture in your signature, it appears you were cruising on the Tri-State Tollway when it was taken. I've got to tell you, I miss Chicago, but I don't miss those traffic nightmares.

I look forward to your contributions to the GL forum. I think you'll find a great group of folks here that are knowledgeable and keep things light-hearted. You'll also be glad to know that there is a Canadian contingent here that we have recently learned are much like us Americans...
Originally Posted by Kaumajet
only smarter, more polite, and better looking...

Oh, and colder.
Old 07-30-2008, 03:23 PM

2014 GL 450
Hi & welcome to the forum!
Old 07-30-2008, 04:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4 wheels
Originally Posted by Marcus Frost
Hello all,

Just picked up our '08 GL320 CDI from Loeber Motors in Lincolnwood, IL. Very happy with the transaction. The woman traded in her 2006 Audi S4 for it, and we are very happy so far. The S4 was a great car but not the right fit in our current lineup, so we decided to make the change. Never owned a diesel before but have driven many, many diesels in the time I spent in Europe. I will be doing a Kleemann ECU and am considering summer wheel options, although it's a bit late in the season now to do a wheel swap, so that may wait until next summer.

I am very active in the AMG SL/E-class forums, so hopefully I can contribute a little here and there to this one as well.

Regards,

Marcus
Marcus great to have you here on the GL section. For those of you who don't know Marcus, he is a speed freak and modaholic and all around great guy with lots of information.

Anyhow cheers.
Old 07-30-2008, 06:35 PM

'08 GL 320CDI
Originally Posted by Stumblefoot
Glad to have you aboard the GL forum Marcus. You've got a great last name, especially in light of your current residential address.

I grew up in Illinois and lived in Bartlett for 7 years back in the 90's. By the looks of that cool picture in your signature, it appears you were cruising on the Tri-State Tollway when it was taken. I've got to tell you, I miss Chicago, but I don't miss those traffic nightmares.

I look forward to your contributions to the GL forum. I think you'll find a great group of folks here that are knowledgeable and keep things light-hearted. You'll also be glad to know that there is a Canadian contingent here that we have recently learned are much like us Americans...
Could be the Tri-State or it might be the Edens Expressway. I don't miss that traffic or the weather in the winter, either. I too spent many years in Chicagoland, including time in Lincolnwood. Later on, I used to visit my folks in Lincolnwood who lived in a great house at Pratt and Cicero. They had a dog house on the side of their yard that seemed big enough for my GL to park in. It was actually for their St. Bernard dog and was even air-conditioned. Welcome, Marcus....looking forward to your contributions to the forum.
Old 07-30-2008, 06:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Real Cars
Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

The SL picture is northbound on the Tristate aka 294. Chicago has changed tremendously over the past 10 years - as corrupt as the Daley administration may be, the city has blossomed and is without question one of the most beautiful in the world. Chicago recently passed London and Paris to become the city with the 4th highest GDP in the world, behind Tokyo, LA, and NYC.

There's a great video about it at http://www.chicagospire.com

Back to the topic at hand - GL is just a champ. Someone from Europe recently posted that there's an A/V connector underneath the spare tire - gonna try finding it tonight to see if I can hook up a spare car DVD player I have sitting around.

-m
Old 07-30-2008, 06:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 A6 & '08 GL550
Originally Posted by JDT1
They had a dog house on the side of their yard that seemed big enough for my GL to park in. It was actually for their St. Bernard dog and was even air-conditioned.
Now that is one heck of a dog house. My Bernese Mountain Dog would be jealous!
Old 07-30-2008, 07:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'07 GL 450, '02 S 80 T6
Welcome aboard, Marcus.......and congrats on the new ride. Enjoy in good health as our Patron Saint says.
Old 07-30-2008, 09:54 PM

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts
GL 320cdi, Chevrolet Avalanchero, GLE 350 (on order)
Welcome, dude! Enjoy your new ride.