GL Class (X166) 2013-2015 after facelift became GLS (X166)

GL450 2015 - Turn by turn list on navigation screen

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-20-2015, 09:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gl 450 2015
GL450 2015 - Turn by turn list on navigation screen

Hello all,

I got my gl450 2015 a few months ago. Great car! Had a question in navigation. My screen shows upcoming exists on the highway I am driving even when I program and destination in, it still shows upcoming exits in the road I am on rather than turn by turn directions list to the destination. pretty standard feature I would say on even old navigation systems.

Does someone know If this is a setting or it is what it is? I know there's a route browser that you get to after few clicks but even that is not turn lists more of a map view of turns which you have to click thru. Very annoying.

Please advise. Appreciate help in advance.
Old 02-20-2015, 11:40 AM
Super Moderator

Received 715 Likes on 696 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
moved to X166 forum...
Old 02-20-2015, 08:03 PM

'01 S500 AMG Sport, ABC,Distronic,Rear Side Shades // '10 E350 P2, Pano, BLK/ALM,4MATIC Sport
Originally Posted by Pakiskm
Hello all, I got my gl450 2015 a few months ago. Great car! Had a question in navigation. My screen shows upcoming exists on the highway I am driving even when I program and destination in, it still shows upcoming exits in the road I am on rather than turn by turn directions list to the destination. pretty standard feature I would say on even old navigation systems. Does someone know If this is a setting or it is what it is? I know there's a route browser that you get to after few clicks but even that is not turn lists more of a map view of turns which you have to click thru. Very annoying. Please advise. Appreciate help in advance.
Turn off H'way info when you go to the Map options...
Old 02-23-2015, 05:24 PM

Gl 450 2015
Thx but that's half the solution...

While that hides highway info when I have a destination programmed I still don't see turn by turn list. Until I am close to immediate next turn I don't know what's next turn or turn after that.

Is there another setting for that or route browser only possible way?
Old 02-25-2015, 02:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 Mercedes GL550
While that hides highway info when I have a destination programmed I still don't see turn by turn list. Until I am close to immediate next turn I don't know what's next turn or turn after that.

Is there another setting for that or route browser only possible way?
I know if you switch to navigation in the menu under your gauges it will tell you the total remaining miles on the top and the amount of miles until your next turn on the right. When you approach that turn a meter shows up counting down the feet until the next turn. I do wish it would show this information on the navigation screen because I like to have my digital speed mph indicator on
Old 03-02-2015, 09:25 PM

Gl 450 2015
Yea but...

The odometer gauge still doesn't tel me next turn. Isn't it a basic flaw in the entire navigation system in a 2015 model that I til I am really close to the turn I don't have a way to know what the turn is????

Only way is the clunky route browser which is a map view rather than list view and u have to click through it and even then not much information on next turn.

Hoping its a software thing they can solve wih an update? Any navigation updates folks are aware of?
Old 03-03-2015, 09:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2015 Ram 2500, former 2013 GL350, 2007 GL450
The odometer gauge still doesn't tel me next turn. Isn't it a basic flaw in the entire navigation system in a 2015 model that I til I am really close to the turn I don't have a way to know what the turn is????

Only way is the clunky route browser which is a map view rather than list view and u have to click through it and even then not much information on next turn.

Hoping its a software thing they can solve wih an update? Any navigation updates folks are aware of?
The lady audibly warns you of the turn well before the turn right? Something like "prepare to turn right"? The center console I thought also shows distance to next turn. I can't remember if it tells you what road you are one, or the name of the road you will turn onto. I would like to have a little indicator on the main screen with a turn signal and mileage to turn as well, but I've never been in a situation where I didn't get ample warning for the turn - first audible and then visual.
Old 03-05-2015, 08:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2013 GL450 (traded for 2015 Escalade), 2012 Corvette, 2014 Ford Fusion, Previous: 2007 GL450, 2011
Originally Posted by JimBarnhart
The lady audibly warns you of the turn well before the turn right? Something like "prepare to turn right"? The center console I thought also shows distance to next turn. I can't remember if it tells you what road you are one, or the name of the road you will turn onto. I would like to have a little indicator on the main screen with a turn signal and mileage to turn as well, but I've never been in a situation where I didn't get ample warning for the turn - first audible and then visual.

Agree.....of course I'm no longer here! Just thought I'd check in!
Old 03-05-2015, 10:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2015 Ram 2500, former 2013 GL350, 2007 GL450
Hey, we don't let Caddy owners in here.