GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

Glc43 grille

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-11-2016, 10:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
M4
Glc43 grille

Ive ordered a glc amg line in the uk and wondered if anyone has put the glc43 grille on it and how easy it is to change?
Old 09-12-2016, 07:15 AM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
'16 GLC300
Yes it will fit. It is easily changed.

Many have done it before.
Old 09-12-2016, 10:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
M4
Thanks for that. I want to replace that and the g43 rear plastic arches that are slightly larger.
im assuming there just a few screws aswell.
Old 09-12-2016, 09:06 PM

'16 GLC300
I haven't seen that done yet but I would assume so.

If it's not too pricey, I think it's something I'd add to mine too.
Old 09-14-2016, 01:56 PM

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Mercedes GLC 250d
Originally Posted by Antonyx
Ive ordered a glc amg line in the uk and wondered if anyone has put the glc43 grille on it and how easy it is to change?
Ooo - I'd like to see the pics. Is the glc43 grill the 'starry' one? If so, will it fit with the radar badge in the middle?
Old 09-14-2016, 08:50 PM

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
W203 C350; Lexus GS450h; GLC250 AMG Line
Is the Grille size and shape exactly the same for the various exterior trim line eg. Offroad, Exclusive, AMG

And is the GLC 43AMG front bumper the same bumper as the AMG Line bumper?

If so then I assume the grille will be interchangeable.

I am looking forward to changing to the 43AMG grille too if it is a direct replacement.
Old 09-16-2016, 03:21 AM

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
no more
And the grill on the real thing...

Max
The following 3 users liked this post by MaxFactor:
dejongj (09-16-2016), speedeye (09-17-2016), vratenza (09-16-2016)
Old 09-16-2016, 09:15 AM

Received 90 Likes on 74 Posts
right to be forgotten
Originally Posted by MaxFactor
And the grill on the real thing...

Max
Nice my real GLC43 AMG is due in just over a month! Personally I wouldn't expend the funds to make it look like something it isn't. A waste of money and impacts the residuals. Just be happy with the nice other models in the line.
Old 09-17-2016, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by dejongj
Nice my real GLC43 AMG is due in just over a month! Personally I wouldn't expend the funds to make it look like something it isn't. A waste of money and impacts the residuals. Just be happy with the nice other models in the line.
Well, I would love a real GLC43 or the even "realer" GLC63 AMG for that matter....if only my GLC250 (on order) don't already cost me USD170,000 on the road where I live.

Old 09-18-2016, 02:35 AM

right to be forgotten
Originally Posted by vratenza
Well, I would love a real GLC43 or the even "realer" GLC63 AMG for that matter....if only my GLC250 (on order) don't already cost me USD170,000 on the road where I live.

Exactly my point Be happy with what you got, don't live life in a pretend scenario What is next fake Rolex watch, fake Michael Korrs hand bag, etc. Why stop at the grille, may as well do the rear end as well, the seats/interior etc.

I looked into in the UK, the sensible side in me wanted the GLC250d but coming out of the GL I found it underpowered, and when you then spec it up with some of the essentials that I was used to in AMG Line it is only about £2K less than the GLC43 version. It was a no brainer I thought considering what extra you get for it. Now if they did a GLC350d that decision would have been a lot harder, but I would have been quite happy with the AMG Line spec and visual appearance. It is a stunning car, don't spoil it.
Old 09-18-2016, 11:57 AM

Exactly my point Be happy with what you got, don't live life in a pretend scenario What is next fake Rolex watch, fake Michael Korrs hand bag, etc. Why stop at the grille, may as well do the rear end as well, the seats/interior etc.

I looked into in the UK, the sensible side in me wanted the GLC250d but coming out of the GL I found it underpowered, and when you then spec it up with some of the essentials that I was used to in AMG Line it is only about £2K less than the GLC43 version. It was a no brainer I thought considering what extra you get for it. Now if they did a GLC350d that decision would have been a lot harder, but I would have been quite happy with the AMG Line spec and visual appearance. It is a stunning car, don't spoil it.
Frankly, going for the GLC 43 grille will not be to pretend what it is not. Mainly it is about the aesthetic and personal preference of the owner. Some may like the look of front grille of the GLC 43 AMG, but hate the running board that comes with it. Some may prefer the outdoor adventure exterior line look to pair it with the GLC 43 AMG engine and suspension.
So long as you do not change your GLC 250/300 badge to GLC 43, I find it perfectly acceptable.

To be honest, i prefer the GLC 63 front grille instead of the starry 43.
Old 09-18-2016, 12:52 PM

right to be forgotten
To be honest, i prefer the GLC 63 front grille instead of the starry 43.
You should get that one then Oh wait, it doesn't exist
Old 09-18-2016, 06:57 PM

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts
E300, C63
You should get that one then Oh wait, it doesn't exist
.... it's a few months away from existing. Stop acting like you're all high and mighty because you were suckered into buying an overpriced GLC because it has AMG badges but isn't a real AMG. The GLC43 is a joke. all of the AMG sport models are for that matter. They sound like complete garbage and have no power, the exact opposite of what an AMG is supposed to be.

you do realize your special little grille is the same grille style that comes standard on a cla250, right?

Some people just like the style, so they want it on their GLC300's. I hope everybody on here gets one just to **** people like you off
The following 2 users liked this post by ec_nova:
HotRodW (09-18-2016), vratenza (09-18-2016)
Old 09-18-2016, 09:23 PM

http://mercedesblog.com/wp-content/u...s-glc-amg1.jpg

Rumoured GLC 63 artiste impression. I like the single louvre + black mesh look without the stars better. Cleaner look IMHO.

Last edited by vratenza; 09-18-2016 at 09:29 PM.
The following users liked this post:
dejongj (09-19-2016)
Old 09-19-2016, 02:58 AM

right to be forgotten
Originally Posted by ec_nova
.... it's a few months away from existing. Stop acting like you're all high and mighty because you were suckered into buying an overpriced GLC because it has AMG badges but isn't a real AMG. The GLC43 is a joke. all of the AMG sport models are for that matter. They sound like complete garbage and have no power, the exact opposite of what an AMG is supposed to be.

you do realize your special little grille is the same grille style that comes standard on a cla250, right?

Some people just like the style, so they want it on their GLC300's. I hope everybody on here gets one just to **** people like you off
Oh dear why so angry and bring all sorts into it. First I'm not acting, secondly there is no high and mighty about it. I think you may have some comprehension issues if that is what you read into it and totally missed the point I'm making.

A grille is just a design element, each model in the range gets those. Well paid and trained designers spend a lot of time and money on making a package that becomes a whole, where all elements compliment each other. Changing one element out will break all that work that they've done. Ultimately it is your and everyone else's choice. Hey you buy the car, you do to it what you want. I'm just voicing my opinion that I think it is a waste of time, money and looks, to make it look like a something it isn't.

The styling of the grille is use on other models by Mercedes indeed, and here in Great Brittain not just on the CLA. That is not the point though, it isn't used on other models of GLC. Unless I'm mistaken I don't think they do the GLC43 model in the USA at all, just the GLC300. As such besides the points that I made regarding authenticity, I'd also be careful that it fits and works with US bumper specifications which I understand are a little different than in other regions.

Your comments regarding the GLC43 not being an AMG I don't understand. Again it has nothing to do with the thread, but actually it is also contrary to what Mercedes-AMG states versus Mercedes-Benz. This whole one-size-one-man motto was great when it lasted, but just look at how many different engines there are already. Even the 63 is nowadays actually a 4.0TT. Interestingly with exactly the same displacement and technology at the 3.0TT just two more cylinders.

Personally I couldn't care less, I didn't set out to get this version. We wanted to downsize our GL 350d AMG Sport (line) and in the UK you can only get the GLC in a 220d or a 250d, or the 43 AMG. If they did a 350d like in the GL I likely would have gone for that in the AMG Line body kit. I tried to follow my head and test drove the GLC 250d AMG Line and whilst pleasant to be in it I did find myself performing a Fred Flintstone impression when overtaking on our roads. It just wasn't an option. And then when you load up the 250d AMG Line versus the GLC43 AMG the difference was only about £2,000. As I would say, a no brainer.

http://mercedesblog.com/wp-content/u...s-glc-amg1.jpg

Rumoured GLC 63 artiste impression. I like the single louvre + black mesh look without the stars better. Cleaner look IMHO.
If that would become reality, the actual test cars have been camouflaged, then I agree. I think that looks better as well.

Personally I wouldn't change out the grille of my car (when it arrives) as I was happy with the look when I bought it. But hey if you do, then fill your boots I'm not loosing any sleep over it, merely voicing my opinion. This is a discussion board after all
Old 09-19-2016, 06:09 AM

'16 GLC300
There is a lot of people here in China that already have the GLC43 style body kit and also the GLC63 body kit. Been out for awhile now and readily available in the market.
Old 09-19-2016, 06:17 AM

'16 GLC300
http://club2.autoimg.cn/album/g12/M1...e0UKlks075.jpg

http://club2.autoimg.cn/album/g11/M0...N5e2ZZg872.jpg
Old 09-19-2016, 07:09 AM

right to be forgotten
Originally Posted by B2FiNiTY
There is a lot of people here in China that already have the GLC43 style body kit and also the GLC63 body kit. Been out for awhile now and readily available in the market.
ROFLMAO Mercedes-AMG hasn't even made it themselves yet and aftermarket body kits are already available from China? WOW You learn something everyday

I've just taken a look on Alibaba and there are indeed plenty that offer that. Only about $1,500 plus shipping/taxes. Quite a bargain if you are in a market where it is not available. In the UK the price difference from Mercedes isn't such that I would have thought it is economically viable once you've added shipping, installation, paint etc to it. I would then just get an AMG line model if one wants that look.

Personally I really don't get why anyone wants to put that on their new car. The depreciation must be enormous when come selling time for such a modified vehicle.

Last edited by dejongj; 09-19-2016 at 07:16 AM.
Old 09-19-2016, 07:15 AM

E300, C63
Oh dear why so angry and bring all sorts into it. First I'm not acting, secondly there is no high and mighty about it. I think you may have some comprehension issues if that is what you read into it and totally missed the point I'm making.

A grille is just a design element, each model in the range gets those. Well paid and trained designers spend a lot of time and money on making a package that becomes a whole, where all elements compliment each other. Changing one element out will break all that work that they've done. Ultimately it is your and everyone else's choice. Hey you buy the car, you do to it what you want. I'm just voicing my opinion that I think it is a waste of time, money and looks, to make it look like a something it isn't.

The styling of the grille is use on other models by Mercedes indeed, and here in Great Brittain not just on the CLA. That is not the point though, it isn't used on other models of GLC. Unless I'm mistaken I don't think they do the GLC43 model in the USA at all, just the GLC300. As such besides the points that I made regarding authenticity, I'd also be careful that it fits and works with US bumper specifications which I understand are a little different than in other regions.

Your comments regarding the GLC43 not being an AMG I don't understand. Again it has nothing to do with the thread, but actually it is also contrary to what Mercedes-AMG states versus Mercedes-Benz. This whole one-size-one-man motto was great when it lasted, but just look at how many different engines there are already. Even the 63 is nowadays actually a 4.0TT. Interestingly with exactly the same displacement and technology at the 3.0TT just two more cylinders.

Personally I couldn't care less, I didn't set out to get this version. We wanted to downsize our GL 350d AMG Sport (line) and in the UK you can only get the GLC in a 220d or a 250d, or the 43 AMG. If they did a 350d like in the GL I likely would have gone for that in the AMG Line body kit. I tried to follow my head and test drove the GLC 250d AMG Line and whilst pleasant to be in it I did find myself performing a Fred Flintstone impression when overtaking on our roads. It just wasn't an option. And then when you load up the 250d AMG Line versus the GLC43 AMG the difference was only about £2,000. As I would say, a no brainer.

If that would become reality, the actual test cars have been camouflaged, then I agree. I think that looks better as well.

Personally I wouldn't change out the grille of my car (when it arrives) as I was happy with the look when I bought it. But hey if you do, then fill your boots I'm not loosing any sleep over it, merely voicing my opinion. This is a discussion board after all
the 3.0TT engine and 4.0TT are not the same AT ALL. The M176/M177/M178(4.0TT) are a hot-v design, whereas the M276 is the same exact M276 they have been using for years, with the addition of turbos. They are a smaller version of the M278, which is more akin to the M157 AKA the 5.5TT AMG motor. I don't know who told you that 3.0 and 4.0 are the same, but I would suggest you stop believing them when they speak as they clearly have no idea what they're talking about.

and you are definitely mistaken about the GLC43 in the US. They are most certainly here, as I've already driven/worked on quite a few.
The following users liked this post:
dejongj (09-19-2016)
Old 09-19-2016, 07:35 AM

right to be forgotten
Originally Posted by ec_nova
the 3.0TT engine and 4.0TT are not the same AT ALL. The M176/M177/M178(4.0TT) are a hot-v design, whereas the M276 is the same exact M276 they have been using for years, with the addition of turbos. They are a smaller version of the M278, which is more akin to the M157 AKA the 5.5TT AMG motor. I don't know who told you that 3.0 and 4.0 are the same, but I would suggest you stop believing them when they speak as they clearly have no idea what they're talking about.

and you are definitely mistaken about the GLC43 in the US. They are most certainly here, as I've already driven/worked on quite a few.
Sure fair enough, it is not a hot-v design. Tbf I was talking about displacement. I understand the head is a different design from the 350 as well in addition to the turbo's and some other stuff.

Oddly I couldn't find the model on the USA MB website, not the USA AMG website. Hence I got the impression it isn't out there yet.
Old 09-19-2016, 07:49 AM

E300, C63
They haven't officially launched but there are numerous demo models and training models over here