GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

Digital version of Comand and or Multimedia manual?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-22-2017, 04:33 PM

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
'17 BMW X3, '18 GLC300 4Matic
Digital version of Comand and or Multimedia manual?

Can anyone provide a link to a digital version of the Comand manual? I wanted something I can read on my iPad. I know there's a digital version of the Owners Manual in the car. Does that include the Comand manual as well?

Also, the back of the print version of the Owners Manual makes reference to the Multimedia system supplement that you can get from your dealer. Is that the same as the Comand manual?

Thanks!
Old 07-22-2017, 04:50 PM

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
BMW X3, Mercedes GLC300 (EDP)
If you have a mercedes-me account the manuals are available there. If not, go to mbusa.com, click the Owners option in the browser window's upper right corner. Register for a mercedes-me account. Once you log into the account you will have access to How To Videos and the online manuals (you may need to define your model first).
Old 07-22-2017, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by ted_jane
If you have a mercedes-me account the manuals are available there. If not, go to mbusa.com, click the Owners option in the browser window's upper right corner. Register for a mercedes-me account. Once you log into the account you will have access to How To Videos and the online manuals (you may need to define your model first).
Thanks! I did sign up for the mercedes me account the other night so I'd have access to remote start, etc. I didn't think to look for manuals there.

I had asked my SA yesterday for a link and another SA sent me links to to the Comand manual and the Owners Manual AFTER I called back today! Is there a separate Multimedia manual or is that just the Comand system?
Old 07-22-2017, 07:02 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
GLC43
There is not a separate multimedia manual. It's just the Command system. Also I read if you have an Amazon Echo and Mercedes me account you can start your Mercedes from your home by giving Alexa a voice command. Not sure how beneficial that is but I can't wait to try that!
Old 07-22-2017, 09:13 PM

Received 57 Likes on 54 Posts
Mercedes-Ben GLC300 4Matic
Originally Posted by SawyerB
There is not a separate multimedia manual. It's just the Command system. Also I read if you have an Amazon Echo and Mercedes me account you can start your Mercedes from your home by giving Alexa a voice command. Not sure how beneficial that is but I can't wait to try that!
thats sounds really cool... off topic perhaps but based on what people have seen so far of mercedes me would anyone pay for it right now if they had to - all i have really used is the remote start - which i really like - but seems like $199 per year (which is what i think the price would be now) seems a bit steep. kind of annoyed we have to pay eventually for remote start. i have used the other features just because they are there- they don't seem that useful.
Old 07-22-2017, 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by SawyerB
That makes sense about the manual.

And I thought starting your car from your smartphone was cool!
Old 07-22-2017, 11:10 PM

Remote start question

Originally Posted by ajmtbm
thats sounds really cool... off topic perhaps but based on what people have seen so far of mercedes me would anyone pay for it right now if they had to - all i have really used is the remote start - which i really like - but seems like $199 per year (which is what i think the price would be now) seems a bit steep. kind of annoyed we have to pay eventually for remote start. i have used the other features just because they are there- they don't seem that useful.
Good point about mercedes me functionality. I read a few comments where members were underwhelmed.

But since you mentioned it, I just set up mercedes me the other night and tried the remote start. This happened:

First time, remote start failed, doors were not locked.

Locked doors and remote start worked. Cool!

Unlocked doors with remote, it shut off!

Started it again (with doors locked) and touched the door handle to get in.
It shut off again as doors unlocked.

Whats going on here? I saw that once you get in you touch the Start button as usual just to change it from remote start to a regular start.

But I can't get in!

Agree, I'd hate to pay $199 for Remote Start, but after using it for 5 years I'll probably be hooked!
Old 07-23-2017, 07:51 AM

Received 57 Likes on 54 Posts
Mercedes-Ben GLC300 4Matic
Originally Posted by Vaboy
Good point about mercedes me functionality. I read a few comments where members were underwhelmed.

But since you mentioned it, I just set up mercedes me the other night and tried the remote start. This happened:

First time, remote start failed, doors were not locked.

Locked doors and remote start worked. Cool!

Unlocked doors with remote, it shut off!

Started it again (with doors locked) and touched the door handle to get in.
It shut off again as doors unlocked.

Whats going on here? I saw that once you get in you touch the Start button as usual just to change it from remote start to a regular start.

But I can't get in!

Agree, I'd hate to pay $199 for Remote Start, but after using it for 5 years I'll probably be hooked!
The first week or 2 was spotty for me in terms of the app working. After that it pretty much works Everytime

If starts remotely the vehicle will run for max 10 minutes and shut off. This can be forward 3 times

If during the 10 minutes you go to the car and unlock the doors it will shut off. Then you can restart as normal with the button. I believe this is a safety feature - basically if you start remotely you need to physically be there with the key to get moving. Not ideal I guess but at the end of the day I do see the value in that you can remote start from anywhere knowing no movement will occur until you get to the car

I was thinking the same for the 5 years. After that long you have become so used to it that it would be difficult to go without. Wise move on their part.
Old 07-23-2017, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by ajmtbm
The first week or 2 was spotty for me in terms of the app working. After that it pretty much works Everytime

If starts remotely the vehicle will run for max 10 minutes and shut off. This can be forward 3 times

If during the 10 minutes you go to the car and unlock the doors it will shut off. Then you can restart as normal with the button. I believe this is a safety feature - basically if you start remotely you need to physically be there with the key to get moving. Not ideal I guess but at the end of the day I do see the value in that you can remote start from anywhere knowing no movement will occur until you get to the car

I was thinking the same for the 5 years. After that long you have become so used to it that it would be difficult to go without. Wise move on their part.
Thanks! I'm OK with it shutting off, like you said, for security reasons. But it does get confusing when you see conflicting info, maybe because that info is outdated. Speaking of that, I need to see if you can start it 2 or 3 times before you HAVE to use a key. I had read after 2 times you had to use your key. Shouldn't matter, but if you started it and something interrupted you, you may have to cancel and restart. In any case, still glad to have it.