GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

2017 GLC300 - Easy Entry/Exit feature

Old 02-16-2018, 08:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLC300
2017 GLC300 - Easy Entry/Exit feature

Hi everyone, i owned an 2017 GLC300 with keyless entry, and the Easy Entry/Exit feature of the driver-side seat doesn't seem to be working properly. I've ensure the vehicle setting of Easy Entry/Exit has been turned on, but both using the key or by using the button, the seat and other settings (I.e. steering wheel, mirror) does NOT at all when I'm try to exit or enter. Any idea why? Thanks.
Old 02-17-2018, 06:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 301 Likes on 190 Posts
GLC 450
As far as I am aware the only thing that happens with my easy entry/exit is that the steering wheel moves up and down.
Old 02-17-2018, 10:47 AM

Received 86 Likes on 80 Posts
16 GLC 19 Volvo XC40 06Corvette Z06
Originally Posted by Philamg
As far as I am aware the only thing that happens with my easy entry/exit is that the steering wheel moves up and down.
My experience also.

An engineering shortcoming. Seems the seat should move to the full rear position on egress and the driving setting on ingress, as it does on my 12 year old Vette.

On would think that by the fourth model year engineering would recognize this shortcoming and fix it.
Old 02-17-2018, 11:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 301 Likes on 190 Posts
GLC 450
Agree Larry, my discovery sport with memory seats had the facility where the seat moved back and down for exiting before going back to saved position when you started the car - costcutting is my opinion why glc doesn't have this.
Old 02-17-2018, 11:29 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2017 GLC300 Coupe
Originally Posted by ls1101
Hi everyone, i owned an 2017 GLC300 with keyless entry, and the Easy Entry/Exit feature of the driver-side seat doesn't seem to be working properly. I've ensure the vehicle setting of Easy Entry/Exit has been turned on, but both using the key or by using the button, the seat and other settings (I.e. steering wheel, mirror) does NOT at all when I'm try to exit or enter. Any idea why? Thanks.
One thing I noticed is that I believe the steering wheel does not move beyond the natural limits of manual settings. So if you already have the steering wheel set far up, it won't move any further when you enter or exit. Just a thought.
Old 02-17-2018, 11:55 AM

Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts
Mercedes-Ben GLC300 4Matic
Originally Posted by shadownddust
One thing I noticed is that I believe the steering wheel does not move beyond the natural limits of manual settings. So if you already have the steering wheel set far up, it won't move any further when you enter or exit. Just a thought.
yes, and for the record the steering wheel doesn't go that far up. seems like it should go higher. i always have it at max would actually like it a bit higher
Old 02-17-2018, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by Philamg
Agree Larry, my discovery sport with memory seats had the facility where the seat moved back and down for exiting before going back to saved position when you started the car - costcutting is my opinion why glc doesn't have this.
my guess is liability. same reason you have to hold the button to move the seats. i think they don't want the thing moving on its own and smashing someone or something
Old 02-17-2018, 04:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,098 Likes on 805 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
Federal Safety Guidelines recommend that seats should not move automatically - to best prevent unforeseen accidents - so in Mercedes takes those safety recommendations to heart - so that's why seat memory functions with buttoin press/hold - any snafu finger comes up off the button and action stops - on entry/exit - yes - for most current MB models it moves steering wheel up only.
Old 02-17-2018, 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by fabbrisd1
Federal Safety Guidelines recommend that seats should not move automatically - to best prevent unforeseen accidents - so in Mercedes takes those safety recommendations to heart - so that's why seat memory functions with buttoin press/hold - any snafu finger comes up off the button and action stops - on entry/exit - yes - for most current MB models it moves steering wheel up only.
thanks for the info. i believe Volvo takes the same stance as well

i will give up the seat movement for an unlocked GPS that's for sure...