GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

Question on Advanced Lighting Package

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-27-2018, 10:09 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
2021 GLB 250
Question on Advanced Lighting Package

I ordered a 2018 GLC 300 with the stand-alone "LED headlamps and taillamps" ($850) and the "Advanced Parking Assist" package ($1,290).

I just noticed that the Advanced Parking package also includes Active LED Headlamps and Adaptive Highbeam Assist.

Does this mean that I essentially have everything in the "Advanced Lighting Package" except for the Multicolor LED ambient lighting and the illuminated door sills? Or does the Advanced Lighting Package offer anything else different? Otherwise, it seems like there would be a lot of unnecessary and expensive overlap in Advanced Lighting and Advanced Parking packages...

Thanks!
Old 05-27-2018, 10:23 PM

Received 57 Likes on 54 Posts
Mercedes-Ben GLC300 4Matic
Originally Posted by DDGator
I ordered a 2018 GLC 300 with the stand-alone "LED headlamps and taillamps" ($850) and the "Advanced Parking Assist" package ($1,290).

I just noticed that the Advanced Parking package also includes Active LED Headlamps and Adaptive Highbeam Assist.

Does this mean that I essentially have everything in the "Advanced Lighting Package" except for the Multicolor LED ambient lighting and the illuminated door sills? Or does the Advanced Lighting Package offer anything else different? Otherwise, it seems like there would be a lot of unnecessary and expensive overlap in Advanced Lighting and Advanced Parking packages...

Thanks!
looks like you are right
so ithe 360 camera package seems a good deal sicne for $1300 you get the 360 camera and active headlamps.
very odd looks like that is a change from what was available prior

but in the 360 no mention of LED tail lamps - so if you get the 360 and nothing else do you get LED headlamps and then the other tail lamps? that would be odd
Old 05-27-2018, 10:34 PM

2021 GLB 250
Well, the standalone LED package for $850 says headlamps and taillamps.

I agree that I think this is a change from when I placed the order. However, my car is being built next week so I hope I get this...
Old 05-27-2018, 11:26 PM

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
GLC
Static LED headlights does not swivel nor auto adjustnhigh beam (anti dazzle). It uses two larger LED projectors as low light and two reflectors as high beam. Works very well. I have this setup and I think this is the sweet spot.

Advanced LED headlights swivels and auto adjusts high.beams. note that US regulation restricts the full functionality of anti dazzle. It uses four smaller LED projectors for low and high beams. One thing to keep in mind, if it breaks outside warranty it will cost your left kidney. This package also gets you the tricolored mood lighting inside.

Both have the signature gullwing DRL. If you don't park inside garage the housing will eventually crack from the inside and replacement will be costly.
Old 05-27-2018, 11:41 PM

2021 GLB 250
Originally Posted by openwheelracing
Static LED headlights does not swivel nor auto adjustnhigh beam (anti dazzle). It uses two larger LED projectors as low light and two reflectors as high beam. Works very well. I have this setup and I think this is the sweet spot.

Advanced LED headlights swivels and auto adjusts high.beams. note that US regulation restricts the full functionality of anti dazzle. It uses four smaller LED projectors for low and high beams. One thing to keep in mind, if it breaks outside warranty it will cost your left kidney. This package also gets you the tricolored mood lighting inside.
Yes, but I have the static LEDs with the Advanced Parking Package...that includes Active LED Headlamps and Adaptive Highbeam Assist. So is that everything except the interior lighting stuff? If so, why do you get double-charged if you get both "advanced" packages?
Old 05-28-2018, 05:21 AM

GLC
Did you pay for both static LED headlight $850 and active park assist? That seems to be double charge imo.
Old 05-28-2018, 08:17 AM

2021 GLB 250
Did you pay for both static LED headlight $850 and active park assist? That seems to be double charge imo.
I did pay for both. But I think I am getting a deal if all that shown in the on-line configurator is true. The ones getting double charged are the ones that buy both Advanced Lighting and Advanced Parking... They are paying an extra $1,050 for interior LED lighting only.
Old 05-28-2018, 09:14 AM

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts
2018 GLC300 4matic SUV
Yes the static LEDs are the sweet spot for most drivers. The advanced lighting is nice if you don’t mind the extra cash. It includes the steering sensitivity and auto-dimming as described above, plus illuminated door sills and ambient interior lighting.
Old 05-28-2018, 09:31 AM

2021 GLB 250
Originally Posted by mtberman
Yes the static LEDs are the sweet spot for most drivers. The advanced lighting is nice if you don’t mind the extra cash. It includes the steering sensitivity and auto-dimming as described above, plus illuminated door sills and ambient interior lighting.
Sure, but if you get the advanced parking package, you get most of that included. So I think the sweet spot is the static LEDs with the advanced parking package.
Old 05-28-2018, 09:43 AM

2018 GLC300 4matic SUV
Maybe so. Like many drivers, I don’t lease, have experience in urban environments and know how to parallel park, and therefore don’t want or need the advanced parking package. The full LEDs are a great deal at $850 for people like me.

Last edited by mtberman; 05-28-2018 at 09:46 AM.
Old 05-28-2018, 11:20 AM

2021 GLB 250
Originally Posted by mtberman
Maybe so. Like many drivers, I don’t lease, have experience in urban environments and know how to parallel park, and therefore don’t want or need the advanced parking package. The full LEDs are a great deal at $850 for people like me.
I see what you are saying and agree that $850 isn't bad for the stand alone option. However, that wasn't really my point.

By the way -- the reason I want the Advanced Parking Package is not because I can't parallel park. That is for me the least important by far of the parking package options. I park in a lot of tight spaces, including parking garages. I like the parktronic sensors (which probably should be standard) and the 3-D surround view cameras (great for avoiding curbs while getting as close as possible) and the hands-free hatch opening. These are all things that I got used to in my BMW and didn't want to give up.
Old 05-28-2018, 07:56 PM

GLC
Why pay additional $850 if you already get the swiveling headlight in another package? Obviously the $850 gets you nothing here.......
Old 05-28-2018, 07:59 PM

2021 GLB 250
Why pay additional $850 if you already get the swiveling headlight in another package? Obviously the $850 gets you nothing here.......
Well, I'm confused about that... I don't know. It's quite confusing. I can't believe that you get active LED headlights and all the parking stuff for $1,290... Makes no sense.

Last edited by DDGator; 05-28-2018 at 08:33 PM.
Old 05-28-2018, 08:41 PM

Received 57 Likes on 54 Posts
Mercedes-Ben GLC300 4Matic
Well, I'm confused about that... I don't know. It's quite confusing. I can't believe that you get active LED headlights and all the parking stuff for $1,290... Makes no sense.
good point. originally i think the active LED was $1800 or so and advanced parking was around $1200 so basically you are getting active lights for free.
unless the advanced parking assist requires LED lights for $850 which means you are really paying only $850 for the active lights if you get the parking package - still a bargain compared to prior
Old 05-28-2018, 09:06 PM

GLC
I would wage that it is a simple mistake by MBUSA to include advanced lighting in parking pilot option.

If this is the case, at least you are covered by the $850 static LED.
Old 05-28-2018, 09:10 PM

2021 GLB 250
Originally Posted by ajmtbm
good point. originally i think the active LED was $1800 or so and advanced parking was around $1200 so basically you are getting active lights for free.
unless the advanced parking assist requires LED lights for $850 which means you are really paying only $850 for the active lights if you get the parking package - still a bargain compared to prior

The on-line configurator makes no sense. When I placed the order, the Advanced Parking did not include active LEDs or high beam assist. So I bought the $850 stand alone non-active LEDs. Now is makes it seem like the active LEDs are included and the $850 was unnecessary.

However, my gut tells me that can't be true. Who would ever order the Advanced Lighting Package for $1,900 instead of just ordering the parking package (if you really wanted it or not) and getting them included. The only think you get for an additional $1,900 is interior LED lighting and illuminated door sills.

I'm also wonder how this affects my car, which was ordered under the old scheme, but will be built this week.
Old 05-28-2018, 09:14 PM

2021 GLB 250
I would wage that it is a simple mistake by MBUSA to include advanced lighting in parking pilot option.

If this is the case, at least you are covered by the $850 static LED.
That is definitely possible, and probably the most likely explanation. I've emailed my dealer to see what they say.
Old 05-28-2018, 09:57 PM

GLC
I am rooting for you to get lucky. I would picture the online configurator right now for future argument. If they made a mistake to include it in the configurator they should own up to it or at the very least give you a keychain for all the mental stress from the nonesense that Mercedes Benz even has three different types of headlights for GLC.

Why? Mercedes? Why?
Old 05-28-2018, 10:32 PM

2021 GLB 250
I am rooting for you to get lucky. ?
Thanks! Me too. Photos taken. I'll update when I hear from the dealer tomorrow.
Old 05-29-2018, 08:34 PM

2021 GLB 250
My dealer acknowledged what I am seeing and says she needed to call the factory. The MBUSA website is different than their order guide now. We will see.
Old 05-31-2018, 03:25 PM

2021 GLB 250
So the dealer contacted the factory and confirmed that there are no headlight upgrades included as part of the Advanced Parking package... They say that is a mistake on the MBUSA.com website.

Wow, yeah -- a pretty big one. Apparently I am the first person in the U.S.A. to notice this?

On the other hand, I now know that my car is built. I have a VIN number. Supposed to be on a ship tomorrow.
Old 05-31-2018, 05:05 PM

Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts
GLC43
I noticed it when I was going through the configurator a couple of weeks ago, but assumed it was a mistake as it wasn't in the order book. I'm glad you confirmed my suspicions as I was about to contact my dealer regarding this before my order gets locked.
Old 06-01-2018, 09:06 AM

2021 GLB 250
Originally Posted by ckay
I noticed it when I was going through the configurator a couple of weeks ago, but assumed it was a mistake as it wasn't in the order book. I'm glad you confirmed my suspicions as I was about to contact my dealer regarding this before my order gets locked.
That seemed like the most likely answer, and it was... They say they are going to fix it. I wonder how a mistake like that can stay up for so long.
Old 06-03-2018, 11:54 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
GLC 300
So the dealer contacted the factory and confirmed that there are no headlight upgrades included as part of the Advanced Parking package... They say that is a mistake on the MBUSA.com website.

Wow, yeah -- a pretty big one. Apparently I am the first person in the U.S.A. to notice this?
I found other small inconsistencies w/ the website that I found when ordering.

I don't think people gave much thought because the website is just advertising. The website builder is just a way to get you to contact a dealership.

For my actual order, I used the DOG provided by the dealer and also worked with sales in person as he created my order in their system.
Old 06-03-2018, 12:37 PM

2018 GLC300 4matic SUV
Ditto, I reviewed the DOG and then emailed my preferred configuration to my dealer. They promptly let me know of a couple of items that weren't compatible with my preferences. I've run into the same thing when ordering cars from other makers.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Question on Advanced Lighting Package