GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

Release date for 2019 GLC 43 AMG in Canada

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-17-2018, 02:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLA 45 AMG
Release date for 2019 GLC 43 AMG in Canada

Hi I purchased a 2019 GLC 43 AMG , mid September ( 2018) I’ve been waiting for my car since . According to the dealership and MB Canada the 2019 GLC have not been certified by the Government, hence no car. Does anyone have an Idea of when the government may certify it , I’ve seen lots of 2019 BMW , Alfa Romeos, Jaguars, Range Rovers on the street , How come MB is but more efficient In dealing with this kind of situations.
Old 11-17-2018, 02:33 PM

2019 GLC43 amg
That makes 2 of us !!!

I am exactly in the same situation ...
Check here : https://mbworld.org/forums/glc-class...very-hold.html
Old 11-17-2018, 02:39 PM

GLA 45 AMG
Sorry to hear that . What have you heard if you don’t mind me asking
Old 11-17-2018, 03:59 PM

2019 GLC43 amg
Nada

NADA !

My dealer does not have a clue. MB Canada just replied to them: no ETA for delivery - No explication, nothing ...
The car has been sitting in some lot for close to 2 months already.
I sent an email to MB Canada: NO reply - Well done ! That's what I call good customer service.
I tried to contact Transport Canada : No reply !
It is my 3rd custom made car from MB: None went smooth ... always delays.

Over the years I ordered 7 BMW and 1 Mini w/o any delivery problems.
Guess I should reverse to old habits...

Old 11-17-2018, 05:00 PM

GLA 45 AMG
HI this is the reply I got aprox 2 weeks ago from the general manager of MB Mississauga

Thank you for your message, I will do my best to answer your questions. Regarding certification; with the introduction of each new model year, each vehicle must pass Federal government-mandated emission certification to be deemed legal to sell in Canada. This holds true whether it is a new model, or a simple model-year carry over. Emission certification is required for each new model year designation. Vehicles cannot legally be released from the custody of Mercedes-Benz Canada to the dealer until this certification is complete. As the dealer we have no control over this process and receive only rough estimates as to when a model line might be released to us. Mercedes-Benz Canada holds vehicles at numerous locations while awaiting certification often close to the dealership that ordered the vehicle hence your vehicle is in Concord as we wait. As the dealer we would like to deliver the vehicle as soon as possible in the interest of our clients as well as ourselves, unfortunately we have absolutely no control until the vehicle is released for sale.

Hopefully the above explains the process. I have no news at the moment that I can share on certification of the GLC43, it is currently not certified. I have escalated your request within Mercedes-Benz and will send you any update that I receive.

I cannot make excuses for our lack of communication with you as to the status of your new GLC43. We should have done a better job of explaining the certification situation and the fact that we have nothing but vague estimates as to when we will receive the vehicle at the store. I apologize for my team dropping the ball on this and will use your message as a training tool for all members of the sales department.

All the best.

Peter Fuller
General Manager
Mercedes-Benz Mississauga

Tel: 905.593.2225
peter.fuller@mercedes-benz.ca
6120 Mavis Road Mississauga, ON L5V 2X4
mississauga.mercedes-benz.ca
Old 11-17-2018, 05:55 PM

2019 GLC43 amg
Thank you for this "update" ...
Another example of canadian gov effectiveness, if it is indeed the case.
Nonetheless, a deficient process for all parties invoved.

Nothing more can be expected from Transport Canada,
but very poor communication from both MB Canada and their dealers.

Dunno if it is the same effectiveness elsewhere? USA, UK, AUS, NZ, etc ...
Would be interesting to hear from those folks.

P.S. When the car is bought, I guess all parties involved couldn't care less :
MB will get its money as the dealers and the gov will get its taxes, and the customer could wait I suppose!
Old 11-22-2018, 01:30 PM

2019 GLC43 amg
MB Canada confirm this to me over the phone today - 11-22-18:

The delivery delays to dealers/consumers regarding my'19 GLC 43 AMG ( and other models in the MB line up ) are in fact due to Transport Canada certification process.
As of today, affected cars will begin to be released at a very slow pace.
No precise ETA can be obtained.

So we wait ...
Old 11-22-2018, 02:07 PM

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
2019 GLC 300 - Coupe
You should try calling MB Canada rather than just an email.

My 2019 300 Coupe had the same issue. Was built and landed in Halifax early August but was on hold. MB Mississauga had no information to pass on and Trans Canada wouldnt say anything except 'they shouldnt have sent the car if it wasnt approved'... Kindve a BS answer.

When I got a hold of MB Canada - the woman physically spoke to their Head of the Regulations Division while i was on the phone and she told me that the GLC 300 Hatch/Coupe and C-class would be released by early September.

Sure enough - it was released at that time and the car got moving shortly after and delivered 2 weeks later.

Heres the thread on my saga with the hold.

https://mbworld.org/forums/glc-class...glc-coupe.html
Old 11-24-2018, 04:36 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
MB GLC250
Originally Posted by billjet
…..Nothing more can be expected from Transport Canada,
but very poor communication from both MB Canada and their dealers.

Dunno if it is the same effectiveness elsewhere? USA, UK, AUS, NZ, etc ...
Would be interesting to hear from those folks.
Some folk experiencing the same issue here in Australia.
If I understand the problem correctly …...The new vehicles are turning up with documentation supporting the new emissions standards and not the old standards. As per normal Government, slow pace of progress, they are not yet set up to handle the new paperwork. Hence these vehicles need to be 're-certified' to the old standards. As the Gov department has limited resources to do this, there is now a backlog. The hold is with the Govt Department, not MB or the local importer ….though you could argue that they could have anticipated this and addressed it before it occurred.

Custom orders, normally have a delay ...for MB and other brands, this could be months.
Here in Australia, I think it works like this.....each dealer has an allocated number of production slots for each vehicle. So a big city dealer might have 4 or 5 a month...while a regional dealer might only have 2 a month. (Australia is a small sales volume compared to the rest of the world) ..If they sell out this months allocation, then the next sale will be from next months and so on.
When I bought my GLC, the dealer had already forward sold his allocation for 5 months. Delivery to this side of the planet took another 2 months. ..so I waited 7 months.
So you either buy what's 'in stock' on the lot or place an order …..and ...wait …..and ….wait…..and ….wait!
Old 01-03-2019, 02:39 PM

GLC43 AMG Coupe
I collected my 2019 GLC43 AMG on the 21st December in Vancouver
Old 01-03-2019, 04:12 PM

2019 GLC43 amg
Got my GLC 43amg on dec 19, 2018 after sitting exactly 3 months in a yard somewhere here in ****sville aka Kanadakistan.