Any aftermarket mudflaps out there? Mercedes says no OEM for this vehicle!? - MBWorld.org Forums

Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz SUVs, Trucks, Vans, Diesels, Other > GLC Class (X253 )
Any aftermarket mudflaps out there?  Mercedes says no OEM for this vehicle!? >

Any aftermarket mudflaps out there? Mercedes says no OEM for this vehicle!?

Notices
GLC Class (X253 )
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Old 01-22-2019, 06:51 PM

2018 GLC300 4Matic

[COLOR=left=#333333]Hello Everyone,[/COLOR]

[COLOR=left=#333333]I just purchased a new 2018 GLC300 4Matic with the AMG line options (20" wheels, upgraded interior, etc.). This is not the actual GLC AMG. I am having the hardest time finding splash guards (mud flaps) for this vehicle. I live in Pennsylvania so the rock salt with eat away at the sides of this SUV. Can someone please guide me to the correct website or aftermarket dealer? Mercedes Benz Dealer already told me there are no OEM guards for this vehicle. I know someone out there has to make it.[/COLOR][COLOR=left=#333333] Your assistance is greatly appreciated. [/COLOR]

Last edited by ppicciurro; 01-22-2019 at 07:12 PM. Reason: Icon was arranging post
Old 01-22-2019, 08:49 PM

2018 GLC 43
I went with these from Ebay. I haven't had a chance to put them on my 43 yet because it's been cold as **** here in Pa, but just mocking them up, and lining up the OE holes, they appear to fit like a glove and are very durable. The back ones also say "GLC" on them, and they came with all fasteners. I'll update once I put them on, which I'm hoping is tomorrow or this week sometime. Where in Pa are you?
Old 01-22-2019, 09:30 PM

2018 GLC300 4Matic
Originally Posted by 4npower View Post
I went with these from Ebay. I haven't had a chance to put them on my 43 yet because it's been cold as **** here in Pa, but just mocking them up, and lining up the OE holes, they appear to fit like a glove and are very durable. The back ones also say "GLC" on them, and they came with all fasteners. I'll update once I put them on, which I'm hoping is tomorrow or this week sometime. Where in Pa are you?
So you think both sport body mount holes are the same? Iím from State College and yes itís been cold as ***** out! Can you send me the link for your eBay item?
Old 01-22-2019, 10:38 PM

2019 C43 Sedan
Check Weathertech.com
https://www.weathertech.com/mudflap-no-drill-digitalfit/
Old 01-22-2019, 10:51 PM

2018 GLC300 4Matic
Originally Posted by Tirgoman View Post
Check Weathertech.com
https://www.weathertech.com/mudflap-no-drill-digitalfit/

Just checked their website. They do not make them for the GLC class. Go figure! Lol
Old 01-23-2019, 08:46 AM

2018 GLC 43
Old 01-23-2019, 12:26 PM

2018 GLC300 4Matic

Thanks!
Old 01-23-2019, 05:55 PM

2009 ML350 and 2018 GLC
I have dealer installed mud flaps on my 2018 GLC. However, I have the 18 inch 5 spoke wheels. I don’t know if that makes a difference. By the way I live in Allentown, PA.
Old 01-23-2019, 06:39 PM

2018 GLC 43
Got the flaps on this afternoon. Very happy with the fitment and the installation was a breeze and only took maybe 30 minutes total. All factory holes were used, except the very top hole where it goes up the wheel well. The top hole needs drilled and the hardware clip needs put on then tighten it down. I took pictures so I'll see if I can upload them.

Old 01-23-2019, 07:27 PM

2018 GLC300 4Matic
Got the flaps on this afternoon. Very happy with the fitment and the installation was a breeze and only took maybe 30 minutes total. All factory holes were used, except the very top hole where it goes up the wheel well. The top hole needs drilled and the hardware clip needs put on then tighten it down. I took pictures so I'll see if I can upload them.

Thanks for the information.

I donít know why they say my GLC doesnít have OEM mud flaps that fit because your trim and wheel-well look identical to mine.

Im going to see if I can find someone who will let me return them if they do not fit.

I was was just in Allentown last Wednesday! Nice city
Old 01-23-2019, 07:53 PM

2018 GLC 43
Originally Posted by ppicciurro View Post

Thanks for the information.

I donít know why they say my GLC doesnít have OEM mud flaps that fit because your trim and wheel-well look identical to mine.

Im going to see if I can find someone who will let me return them if they do not fit.

I was was just in Allentown last Wednesday! Nice city

Keep in mind that these ARE NOT OEM mud flaps. Manager guy at Sun in Mechanicsburg said they do not make them for the SUV yet. I think he just didn't want to throw them in, so I cannot verify if MB makes them or not. I wasn't going to pay dealership prices anyways, so I didn't inquire.
To my knowledge, the only difference between models is whether you have running boards or not, so they should be the same.

Not sure about Allentown. I do a show up there once every 6 weeks or so, and on my last trip, I came out of my hotel at 5am Sunday morning, and some girl in her 20's apparently OD'ed while sitting against my car. Really freaked me out, so I'm in no hurry to go back. Sad!
Old 01-23-2019, 08:07 PM

2018 GLC300 4Matic
Keep in mind that these ARE NOT OEM mud flaps. Manager guy at Sun in Mechanicsburg said they do not make them for the SUV yet. I think he just didn't want to throw them in, so I cannot verify if MB makes them or not. I wasn't going to pay dealership prices anyways, so I didn't inquire.
To my knowledge, the only difference between models is whether you have running boards or not, so they should be the same.

Not sure about Allentown. I do a show up there once every 6 weeks or so, and on my last trip, I came out of my hotel at 5am Sunday morning, and some girl in her 20's apparently OD'ed while sitting against my car. Really freaked me out, so I'm in no hurry to go back. Sad!

Nice!!! Gotta love that!

I use to live 2 minutes from Sun Motors. Know exactly where thatís at on the Carlisle Pike.

Well, Iím just going to order the ones on eBay you sent me. Give it a shot because Iím tried or shopping around. lol. Itís getting to be too much.
Old 01-24-2019, 12:32 PM

2009 ML350 and 2018 GLC
These are the dealer installed OEM mudflats

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rmlasalle For This Useful Post:
ajmtbm (01-25-2019), maxoujm (01-26-2019)