GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

2017 glc300 passenger head rest

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-08-2019, 06:19 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
06 e350 17 glc300
2017 glc300 passenger head rest

since i rarely use this car and my wife is usually the driver, after a year and a half we finally notice that the passenger head rest button on the door panel does not seem to work. she brings it to mercedes service and she was told something i find hard to believe.
someone told her that the trim package that was part of her car was not high enough for the the door panel button to work. they told her it was manually operated with some button somewhere near the head rest. the car is still at mercedes for a navigation maps upgrade, so i have not had a chance to see if this is true. we had many mercedes in the family from my dads slc and sl and 300 sd to our E, c, and now glc. i have never heard that your required a specific trim package for the passenger head rest button to work. sounds like either my wife misunderstood or this is BS from the SA. every other button on the passenger door for the passenger seats works fine. youre telling me the one...head rest button requires a higher trim package to operate?

anyone heard of this before?

Last edited by yikes; 02-08-2019 at 06:22 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 02-08-2019, 06:44 PM

Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts
Mercedes-Ben GLC300 4Matic
Originally Posted by yikes
since i rarely use this car and my wife is usually the driver, after a year and a half we finally notice that the passenger head rest button on the door panel does not seem to work. she brings it to mercedes service and she was told something i find hard to believe.
someone told her that the trim package that was part of her car was not high enough for the the door panel button to work. they told her it was manually operated with some button somewhere near the head rest. the car is still at mercedes for a navigation maps upgrade, so i have not had a chance to see if this is true. we had many mercedes in the family from my dads slc and sl and 300 sd to our E, c, and now glc. i have never heard that your required a specific trim package for the passenger head rest button to work. sounds like either my wife misunderstood or this is BS from the SA. every other button on the passenger door for the passenger seats works fine. youre telling me the one...head rest button requires a higher trim package to operate?

anyone heard of this before?
i believe the headrest works only in leather-trimmed models. my passenger headrest is manual - the button is on the door so it matches the driver side button, but only driver side is power.(the leather package description from mbusa shows 14 way passenger seat, including memory, is part of the leather package)
The following users liked this post:
yikes (02-08-2019)
Old 02-08-2019, 07:15 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
06 e350 17 glc300
Originally Posted by ajmtbm
i believe the headrest works only in leather-trimmed models. my passenger headrest is manual - the button is on the door so it matches the driver side button, but only driver side is power.(the leather package description from mbusa shows 14 way passenger seat, including memory, is part of the leather package)
wow, thanks for the reply.

i have never heard of any car maker doing such nonsense before
you would think for 50+k you would have that functional
Old 02-10-2019, 12:38 AM

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts
GLC
They probably wanted to incorporate what power functions the seat does have into the door buttons and made them a match (visually) to the driver's side door. What I have learned with Mercedes is you have to be very careful with the specifications. Assume nothing,.
Old 02-10-2019, 08:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 151 Likes on 125 Posts
2016 GLC 250d AMG pack, 2017 GLC Coupe 250d AMG pack , 2002 BMW 330Ci convertible, 2021 BMX X1 sD20i
From memory, no pun intended !
the controller on the door raises and lowers the headrest.
The button on the side of the head rest alters the rake or slope according to your head or other preferences- it moves in a swing in / out fashion, not up or down.
Old 02-10-2019, 10:14 AM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
GLC 300
I have a 2018 GLC 300 in the USA with leather and almost every option. My passenger headrest is manual. There is a button on the passenger door but it is not functional. Just there to match the other side I guess.
Old 02-10-2019, 10:57 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
2017 GLC300, 13 PorscheC4S, 12 Porsche Cayman S
Originally Posted by Takehold
I have a 2018 GLC 300 in the USA with leather and almost every option. My passenger headrest is manual. There is a button on the passenger door but it is not functional. Just there to match the other side I guess.
Interesting...My 2017 with leather has functional passenger power headrest position.
Old 02-10-2019, 12:48 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2017 GLC300, 2007 C280
Originally Posted by Teckno
From memory, no pun intended !
the controller on the door raises and lowers the headrest.
The button on the side of the head rest alters the rake or slope according to your head or other preferences- it moves in a swing in / out fashion, not up or down.
Exactly! Mine is a Canadian 2017 GLC and that is the way it works. I think it is code 242 (12-way adjustable passenger seat) and is probably part of Premium Plus.