Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2023, 12:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 654 Likes on 407 Posts
2020 GLS450 / 2024 Ford Bronco / (former) W212 4-matic 350 sport package
Originally Posted by KrayzieVetteGLC
says replaced part # 000-900-57-40

this is probably old, but came across this

NHTSA Looks Into Alleged 48V System Defect Affecting the 2023 Mercedes-Benz GLC 300 - autoevolution
it’s across the entire brand with this 48v setup, and has been there for a few years now.
Old 10-15-2023, 11:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLC 300 4MATIC SUV
Originally Posted by chassis
^sorry to learn abou this^. Hopefully you can exit this vehicle and into one that is more reliable. Mercedes is bottom of the barrel quality and reliability, unfortunately for its customers, shareholders and employees.
Thanks, I’m hoping the same. I feel stuck between a rock and a hard place right now. I can sell it/trade it in now and take a loss, or play the waiting game of driving it until the problems inevitably pop up again and I can officially request a buyback.

I’m no mechanic, but I just don’t believe Mercedes knows what the root issue is. It’s been in for service 3 times, and each time they’ve “found” 3 different things that they claim were the problem. Even this last time, my service advisor didn’t sound too confident that it was truly fixed.

It’s funny because about a week before the problems started, I was thinking about trading mine in for a 2024 next year. Definitely won’t be doing so after all this.

Old 10-19-2023, 08:18 AM

Received 200 Likes on 162 Posts
'23 GLS450
Any good news to report from current owners?

Disappointing to see that as a company, folks from other divisions didn't collaborate on a permanent fix given how long the 48V battery has been around in their cars!
Old 10-19-2023, 08:42 AM

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
21 c43
Originally Posted by EWL5
Any good news to report from current owners?

Disappointing to see that as a company, folks from other divisions didn't collaborate on a permanent fix given how long the 48V battery has been around in their cars!
I don’t want to jinx it but my moms has been perfect since we got the PCM update and the dealer did some software updates to the door control modules and parking sensors. I will say that occasionally, the interior occupant notification system will show off when the car is off but as soon as you turn the car on then it’s fine for a while. One time the AC didn’t work (the climate was on but it was blowing hot air) which was tied to the occupant notification system! Turned the setting off and on then we had cold air. MB really dropped the ball on the new GLC. With that being said, curious as to why ours has basically been fine (with the exception of some dare I say normal instances of a brand new model) whereas some owners have CEL’s and an array of other messages, so much so that they’re doing the buyback process. Hope the issues get fixed for owners who plan to keep theirs
The following users liked this post:
EWL5 (10-19-2023)
Old 10-19-2023, 08:47 AM

'23 GLS450
Originally Posted by dcarfora77
I don’t want to jinx it but my moms has been perfect since we got the PCM update and the dealer did some software updates to the door control modules and parking sensors. I will say that occasionally, the interior occupant notification system will show off when the car is off but as soon as you turn the car on then it’s fine for a while. One time the AC didn’t work (the climate was on but it was blowing hot air) which was tied to the occupant notification system! Turned the setting off and on then we had cold air. MB really dropped the ball on the new GLC. With that being said, curious as to why ours has basically been fine (with the exception of some dare I say normal instances of a brand new model) whereas some owners have CEL’s and an array of other messages, so much so that they’re doing the buyback process. Hope the issues get fixed for owners who plan to keep theirs
Appreciate your experience! Too often folks w/no issues don't share, magnifying the negative experiences even more!
Old 10-19-2023, 02:45 PM

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
2023 GLC 300W AMG, Pinnacle, white
Mine has been fine and a pleasure to drive except when it was brand new. But now that we got to know each other, it’s very predictable

I did recently get a critical battery warning when it was only driven 6 miles in three days and I was playing with the settings in the garage. But I ignored it and the next day it was fine.

I think with all the technology and so much going on even when not being driven, that this car must be treated quite a bit differently than an older model when battery health was not an issue.
Old 10-19-2023, 03:03 PM

'23 GLS450
Originally Posted by mhmyers55
I think with all the technology and so much going on even when not being driven, that this car must be treated quite a bit differently than an older model when battery health was not an issue.
The only flaw w/this logic is that the GLC is one of the last Mercedes models to get the 48V battery and not one of the first!
Old 10-19-2023, 03:38 PM

The only flaw w/this logic is that the GLC is one of the last Mercedes models to get the 48V battery and not one of the first!
But I believe this is the first GLC with the new MBUX system.
Old 10-19-2023, 03:42 PM

'23 GLS450
But I believe this is the first GLC with the new MBUX system.
Yes, it has MBUX 2.0 but what does that have to do w/the reliability?
Old 10-19-2023, 03:45 PM

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts
2023 GLC 300
It’s amazing the Kool-Aid Mercedes-Benz drivers drink. $60,000 car that leaves you stranded every few days and people here are talking about how they just need to work out the kinks lol. I have multiple cars and some hybrids and this is the only one that does this. And you get to pay extra for the privilege I just don’t get it.
Old 10-19-2023, 04:14 PM

'23 GLS450
It’s amazing the Kool-Aid Mercedes-Benz drivers drink. $60,000 car that leaves you stranded every few days and people here are talking about how they just need to work out the kinks lol. I have multiple cars and some hybrids and this is the only one that does this. And you get to pay extra for the privilege I just don’t get it.
The Kool Aid is greater in the GLS threads, believe it or not!
Old 10-19-2023, 04:21 PM

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
21 c43
I’m sure some cases are extreme but as far as a mass production error, there were 10,000 cars affected by the PCM, mine included. Software update addressed that, never happened again. However if the car is still experiencing that issue, all you have to do is get out, lock the door, wait 3-5 mins for the computer to shut off, then start it. Not like you’re stranded, just have to restart the car. Or at least that was the case before the update. Believe it happened 2 times before the update but never again after
Old 10-19-2023, 04:28 PM

Yes, it has MBUX 2.0 but what does that have to do w/the reliability?
Everything. The computer is in charge of the battery. Pun intended
The following users liked this post:
EWL5 (10-19-2023)
Old 10-19-2023, 04:31 PM

'23 GLS450
Is the GLC the first Mercedes to get MBUX 2? I know the ‘24 GLS has it now.
Old 10-19-2023, 04:32 PM

'23 GLS450
I’m sure some cases are extreme but as far as a mass production error, there were 10,000 cars affected by the PCM, mine included. Software update addressed that, never happened again. However if the car is still experiencing that issue, all you have to do is get out, lock the door, wait 3-5 mins for the computer to shut off, then start it. Not like you’re stranded, just have to restart the car. Or at least that was the case before the update. Believe it happened 2 times before the update but never again after
Sounds like CTRL+ALT+DEL to me! Lol!
Old 10-19-2023, 04:43 PM

2023 GLC 300
I literally saw 24 2023 GLC is at my local dealer at the same time in for what I’m guessing is the same problem so I’m sure it’s more than you think it’s probably close to all of them before a certain time it was not ready to be released, and they released this car on the public, which is just irresponsible. This car is so bad that when my lawyer saw the paperwork. He said he would be absolutely shocked if I don’t get a settlement. I will keep this thread updated on what happens.
I have a coworker who has the same car has actually had even more problems than I have. It’s left her stranded in the mountains multiple times now. Not to mention that guy who had the same problem got a loaner, then had the same problem again with the loaner and was stranded again. There’s no excuse for this.
this damn car can’t even keep my CarPlay connected for more than 30 minutes at a time

Last edited by KrayzieVetteGLC; 10-19-2023 at 04:50 PM.
Old 10-19-2023, 06:29 PM

Is the GLC the first Mercedes to get MBUX 2? I know the ‘24 GLS has it now.
MBUX 2.0 has a wealth of new features. And it’s software upgradable.
Old 10-19-2023, 07:22 PM

Received 48 Likes on 44 Posts
2023 (X254) GLC300 RWD White
Your “pun” is almost right on. MBWorld has listed me as a senior member. Maybe that’s because I am an old guy. Therefore I can remember when a computer was housed in a A/C room the size of a large college classroom. The thought of having one in a car didn’t occur to anyone. Today the computer is the car, with 4 wheels attached to it. From the cheapest on the road to the $1,000,000 plus sport cars, all have more computing power than my iPhone (or Android).

Knock on wood, so far my 23 GLC which is pretty load with extras has had one minor problem. Fixed by replacing the headlights, plus a software reset. My SA says that software reset is standard. From the various post I really can feel the pain some are feeling. The days of even a simple oil change are gone, never to return I fear.

Old 10-19-2023, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by DESAL
The days of even a simple oil change are gone, never to return I fear.

When I bought my GLC, I looked under the hood and asked, “How do you change the oil?”

The answer was, you don’t. You bring it in once a year.
Old 10-20-2023, 03:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLC x254
Same here, after the early issue and PCM update, everything smooth so far (+10k km).
Parking sensors still set alert when there is nothing, but it's just for few seconds
Old 10-20-2023, 03:37 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3,951 Likes on 3,108 Posts
2017 GLE350 4MATIC
Originally Posted by DESAL
The days of even a simple oil change are gone, never to return I fear.
Not so. What informs the thinking?
Old 10-20-2023, 08:20 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Future GLC 300
However if the car is still experiencing that issue, all you have to do is get out, lock the door, wait 3-5 mins for the computer to shut off, then start it. Not like you’re stranded, just have to restart the car.
Ridiculous. You find this acceptable behavior for a brand new $60,000 vehicle? Laugh all you want, but my Hyundai Tucson Hybrid works all the time without having to twist myself into some pretzel logic defending the absolute carnage that MB has thrust upon unsuspecting owners with the GLC.
I really wanted to like the GLC...great styling, technologically advanced, has all the bells and whistles I am looking for. But I CANNOT look past the horror stories found on this board. Why can't Mercedes produce a car that works just as well as a Hyundai? For the $20K+ premium Mercedes demands, it just isn't worth the hassle to get that coveted Mercedes Benz logo on the hood.
The following 2 users liked this post by Paradocks:
bigbodybenzes (10-20-2023), EWL5 (10-20-2023)
Old 10-20-2023, 09:14 AM

'23 GLS450
Originally Posted by Paradocks
Ridiculous. You find this acceptable behavior for a brand new $60,000 vehicle? Laugh all you want, but my Hyundai Tucson Hybrid works all the time without having to twist myself into some pretzel logic defending the absolute carnage that MB has thrust upon unsuspecting owners with the GLC.
I really wanted to like the GLC...great styling, technologically advanced, has all the bells and whistles I am looking for. But I CANNOT look past the horror stories found on this board. Why can't Mercedes produce a car that works just as well as a Hyundai? For the $20K+ premium Mercedes demands, it just isn't worth the hassle to get that coveted Mercedes Benz logo on the hood.
I'm actually amazed by the "rose colored" glasses that some wear in MBWorld. Their lack of objectivity may be due to:
1) They've been w/Mercedes all their life and will die w/the 3-pointed star on their tombstone.
2) Secretly work for Mercedes and just toeing the company line (damage control). Kinda like that cop from South Park who's constantly saying "There's nothing to see here"!
3) "Status is life" and their IG or X posts would be ruined by something other than Mercedes.

Do owners really enjoy taking it in the rear that often?!!!
I want Mercedes to do better and I know they can do better!
Old 10-20-2023, 09:32 AM

2023 GLC 300
I'm actually amazed by the "rose colored" glasses that some wear in MBWorld. Their lack of objectivity may be due to:
1) They've been w/Mercedes all their life and will die w/the 3-pointed star on their tombstone.
2) Secretly work for Mercedes and just toeing the company line (damage control). Kinda like that cop from South Park who's constantly saying "There's nothing to see here"!
3) "Status is life" and their IG or X posts would be ruined by something other than Mercedes.

Do owners really enjoy taking it in the rear that often?!!!
I want Mercedes to do better and I know they can do better!
yea the kool-aid drinking here is ****ing insane. I have a 23 maverick hybrid—zero problems. A 21 forester i had to keep as a backup to my 23 GLC because the forester actually started whenever I wanted to—zero problems ever. A 23 corvette that I push pretty hard. Zero problems.

GLC couldn’t go 3 days without refusing to start—even after taking it to the dealership, and it cost as much as 2 of the other cars combined. And what “tech” does this car have that is really so cutting edge? My $30k Maverick is a hybrid, as adaptive cruise control and lane keep assistance, heated sears and steering wheel. The GLC has a nicer interior to sit in while you wait for AAA to tow you, I guess.

the MB reddit is the same way. People complaining about all their problems and people basically talk **** to them and tell them to just accept it. So strange.

Last edited by KrayzieVetteGLC; 10-20-2023 at 09:38 AM.
Old 10-20-2023, 09:59 AM

'23 GLS450
yea the kool-aid drinking here is ****ing insane. I have a 23 maverick hybrid—zero problems. A 21 forester i had to keep as a backup to my 23 GLC because the forester actually started whenever I wanted to—zero problems ever. A 23 corvette that I push pretty hard. Zero problems.

GLC couldn’t go 3 days without refusing to start—even after taking it to the dealership, and it cost as much as 2 of the other cars combined. And what “tech” does this car have that is really so cutting edge? My $30k Maverick is a hybrid, as adaptive cruise control and lane keep assistance, heated sears and steering wheel. The GLC has a nicer interior to sit in while you wait for AAA to tow you, I guess.

the MB reddit is the same way. People complaining about all their problems and people basically talk **** to them and tell them to just accept it. So strange.
To be fair to Mercedes (and other luxury brands like BMW), the electronics on these cars are far more sophisticated than in mass market cars. I have Drivers Assistance (DAP) in my GLS and the car has enough sensors, cameras, and an algorithm good enough to have the car change lanes on its own (semi-autonomous driving). Most mass market brands have "technology" but all they're really doing is checking off a box and telling the customer, "look, we're comparable to the luxury brands"! You only need to look at the digital dash of brands like Acura to know that they are a long way off from even a car OS like MBUX.

Which brings me back to my original point: Mercedes has really good tech. Owners shouldn't be beta testers (I'm literally beta testing their ChatGPT "Hey Mercedes" feature right now)!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2023 GLC will not start