GLC Class (X254) Produced 2023+

2023 GLC will not start

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-15-2023, 02:24 PM

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts
2023 GLC 300
Originally Posted by medic8185
Well mine is back in the shop again for the 4th time with issues related to the automatic driver assistance system. Doesn't notice cars next to me, lanes, markings, etc. No errors this time except for the check engine light keeps coming on every 2-3 days. I contacted an attorney today who took the case, and they will send a demand letter in the next 7-10 days to Mercedes. Anyone been through this process and know what to expect now that I have an attorney involved? When I tried to handle myself, MBUSA refused buyback request and said they have no reason to provide any compensation as I was provided a loaner

Any insight appreciated.

Josh

attorney

That's your ONLY option to not get screwed over. Trust me that’s it.

been dealing with this bull**** since April my car has been in the shop over 90 days straight and Mercedes still doesn’t think that’s wrong
Old 09-15-2023, 02:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2023 GLC 300
Has your attorney been able to make any progress with them? I've read that they can be very difficult sometimes leading up to going to court where they lose most of the cases, but they do it to delay... seems more costly IMO
Old 09-15-2023, 02:27 PM

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
21 c43
Originally Posted by mhmyers55
I understand that one must lock the car even if it is in your garage as locking it shuts down the computer system. Otherwise you will have a battery drain.
I would think locking would drain more since the tow away protection and interior motion sensor are both on. I’m sure they changed the canbus behavior for the new model but my 2021 c43 stays fine unlocked in the garage, haven’t had a single issue with the car 2 years later
The following users liked this post:
Gitzer (09-16-2023)
Old 09-15-2023, 03:07 PM

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
2023 GLC 300W AMG, Pinnacle, white
Originally Posted by dcarfora77
I would think locking would drain more since the tow away protection and interior motion sensor are both on…
I had mine locked for 2 days parked on a steep incline driveway. It drained the battery, I believe because it fooled the tow-away alarm. After parking level for 2 weeks, no issues. I returned to the steep driveway and it again showed battery critical.
Old 09-15-2023, 06:15 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,398 Likes on 2,045 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823
If you store your vehicle in your garage overnight, turn on standby mode (unless that is no longer a thing?) as it also disables anti-theft so don't turn it on if the vehicle isn't in a secured space.
Gitzer (09-16-2023)
Old 09-16-2023, 09:34 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
2023 GLC 300, 2021 VW ID4
Picked up my ordered 2023 GLC about six weeks ago. Put 3000 miles on it with no problems whatsoever. Then it sat in my garage for about three weeks (I was out of town). A few days ago I received an automatically generated email from Mercedes Me Connect telling me my battery charge status was “critical” and to drive the car for 30 to 60 minutes or connect a battery charger. So I drove it. Everything OK. Looking into this I discovered that the car is using its 12 V battery just by sitting, whether on the dealer’s lot or in your garage. Maybe it is connected to online services, alarm system, 360 degree feature or whatever. A low battery can cause all kinds of problems. If you know the car is going to sit for ”extended periods of non-operation” (Mercedes manual) you should turn on the “standby mode” found in the multimedia system under settings>vehicle>open/close. This is reviewed on page 190 in the 2023 GLC manual. Also, it will tell you how many weeks it is good for when you turn this on. Best to do this when you have a full/normal charge level to start with. Hope this helps.

Last edited by Gitzer; 09-16-2023 at 09:38 AM.
AgilityControl (09-16-2023)
Old 09-16-2023, 11:43 AM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
2023 GLC
Well mine is back in the shop again for the 4th time with issues related to the automatic driver assistance system. Doesn't notice cars next to me, lanes, markings, etc.
Josh - somewhat similar situation here. Tried the dealer (several times), NHTSA, customer care. I just got back from the post office where I sent sent a certified lemon law letter. It’s a waste of my time and their time to take it to the shop. They hook it up, say nothing found, and send me on my way. Luckily, I have many videos of the behavior.

Best of luck & please keep us posted.
The following 2 users liked this post by PhotoJeff:
chassis (09-16-2023), medic8185 (09-17-2023)
Old 09-16-2023, 01:37 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3,919 Likes on 3,085 Posts
2017 GLE350 4MATIC
Well mine is back in the shop again for the 4th time with issues related to the automatic driver assistance system. Doesn't notice cars next to me, lanes, markings, etc. No errors this time except for the check engine light keeps coming on every 2-3 days. I contacted an attorney today who took the case, and they will send a demand letter in the next 7-10 days to Mercedes. Anyone been through this process and know what to expect now that I have an attorney involved? When I tried to handle myself, MBUSA refused buyback request and said they have no reason to provide any compensation as I was provided a loaner

Any insight appreciated.

Josh
Sorry you are having to experience this. MB 4-bangers and more generally MB vehicles are rubbish across the product line. Nice to look at, and nice concepts in terms of features.

But MBs are failed heaps of rubbish in the practical execution. MB's circus of clowns (dealers) add no value to the equation and are rather instead parasitic to both the parent MB AG and consumers.
medic8185 (09-17-2023)
Old 09-17-2023, 10:03 AM

Received 150 Likes on 90 Posts
2021 GLE , 2022 GLC , 2022 GLC
I can certainly understand the immense frustration that some owners of the 2023 GLC are feeling, I was happy to cancel my order and opt for the old, tired looking, however, tried and true 2022 GLC. We have had 7 MBs over the years and 2 BMWs . German cars seem more complicated and the German manufacturers will introduce more advanced technology before their Japanese counterparts do. Simply stated the buyers of the first MY of a totally redesigned car become the lab rats. I luckily have had no major issues with any of my current 3 MBs or any of my previous ones. Saying that they are all a piece of crap is not really accurate. Some of them certainly are a piece of garbage, however, some are worthy of the MB reputation of a luxury brand building beautiful and safe vehicles. Statistics can be interpreted any way that suits the person quoting them. The Japanese vehicle, Lexus for example, is a more reliable vehicle, the fit and finish is better than the MB, the resale value is higher, and importantly, Lexus is far ahead in how they treat their customers. This is not only at the dealership level, it is at the corporate level as well.
That being said, we still buy the Mercedes. We may showroom shop for a Lexus, test drive it, even get some preliminary pricing, however, there is something lacking, perhaps the WOW factor. Maybe we are foolishly brainwashed by the Mercedes name and can’t make a logical decision, maybe we don’t really like the look of the Lexus, especially the front grill, maybe it’s just boring, who knows. In any case I do feel very badly for the owner’s of the new GLC, who missed out on the fun and excitement of getting a new car. As recommended, the only way you’ll be heard by MB is to get a lawyer. MB strategy is to ignore and perhaps you will give up. GOOD LUCK.
AgilityControl (09-17-2023)
Old 09-17-2023, 11:28 AM

2013 C-Class 350 Sedan
Originally Posted by Bryce1023
I can certainly understand the immense frustration that some owners of the 2023 GLC are feeling, I was happy to cancel my order and opt for the old, tired looking, however, tried and true 2022 GLC. We have had 7 MBs over the years and 2 BMWs . German cars seem more complicated and the German manufacturers will introduce more advanced technology before their Japanese counterparts do. Simply stated the buyers of the first MY of a totally redesigned car become the lab rats. I luckily have had no major issues with any of my current 3 MBs or any of my previous ones. Saying that they are all a piece of crap is not really accurate. Some of them certainly are a piece of garbage, however, some are worthy of the MB reputation of a luxury brand building beautiful and safe vehicles. Statistics can be interpreted any way that suits the person quoting them. The Japanese vehicle, Lexus for example, is a more reliable vehicle, the fit and finish is better than the MB, the resale value is higher, and importantly, Lexus is far ahead in how they treat their customers. This is not only at the dealership level, it is at the corporate level as well.
That being said, we still buy the Mercedes. We may showroom shop for a Lexus, test drive it, even get some preliminary pricing, however, there is something lacking, perhaps the WOW factor. Maybe we are foolishly brainwashed by the Mercedes name and can’t make a logical decision, maybe we don’t really like the look of the Lexus, especially the front grill, maybe it’s just boring, who knows. In any case I do feel very badly for the owners of the new GLC, who missed out on the fun and excitement of getting a new car. As recommended, the only way you’ll be heard by MB is to get a lawyer. MB strategy is to ignore and perhaps you will give up. GOOD LUCK.
The bugs will get worked out; I'm hoping for the 2024 model when the gremlins disappear. I've heard the ride is amazing and quiet and those are my two first desires, and the on-center feel of a German car is my 3rd like. It's hard to change brands. I'm not trading my C350, I'll keep it, love it, special ordered the Advanced Handling Package, the 5 months wait almost made me crazy.
medic8185 (09-17-2023)
Old 09-17-2023, 02:07 PM

2023 GLC 300
Originally Posted by PhotoJeff
Josh - somewhat similar situation here. Tried the dealer (several times), NHTSA, customer care. I just got back from the post office where I sent sent a certified lemon law letter. It’s a waste of my time and their time to take it to the shop. They hook it up, say nothing found, and send me on my way. Luckily, I have many videos of the behavior.

Best of luck & please keep us posted.

I did the same thing. Started taking photos of the lights and videos of the driver system not recognizing cars that were next to me with zero blind spot detection or car displayed on the driver assist display. Lawyer said 7-10 days to send demand letter. I’ll keep you updated on how it goes.
Old 09-17-2023, 03:48 PM

Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
2023 (X254) GLC300 RWD White
Originally Posted by Bryce1023
That being said, we still buy the Mercedes. We may showroom shop for a Lexus, test drive it, even get some preliminary pricing, however, there is something lacking, perhaps the WOW factor. Maybe we are foolishly brainwashed by the Mercedes name and can’t make a logical decision, maybe we don’t really like the look of the Lexus, especially the front grill, maybe it’s just boring, who knows. In any case I do feel very badly for the owner’s of the new GLC, who missed out on the fun and excitement of getting a new car. As recommended, the only way you’ll be heard by MB is to get a lawyer. MB strategy is to ignore and perhaps you will give up. GOOD LUCK.
Originally Posted by AgilityControl
The bugs will get worked out; I'm hoping for the 2024 model when the gremlins disappear. I've heard the ride is amazing and quiet and those are my two first desires, and the on-center feel of a German car is my 3rd like. It's hard to change brands. I'm not trading my C350, I'll keep it, love it, special ordered the Advanced Handling Package, the 5 months wait almost made me crazy.
As you can see I’ve had a number of MB’s (trouble free) over the years. Reading various posts there a number of complaints which is not unheard of for new models. It can be very frustrating especially when the dealership takes days instead of hours to address the issue. This 2023 300 has been trouble free right out the door for me. Hopefully I’m in the majority. You tend to hear more about problems.

Had one digital light error message. The lights were operational all the time. The only thing needed was a minor software update so the software could communicate with dynamic lights. While at the dealership for the update I got a Mercedes Me message for the 12volt battery. Took it home (dealer 10 minutes away)and 12v message reappeared the next morning. Drove the car for an hour or so doing some errands and message has not returned. Guess I’m one of the “happy” owner/leasee.
AgilityControl (09-17-2023)
Old 10-10-2023, 12:33 PM

2023 GLC 300
so my car is STILL in the shop. Been there 5 months total now. Purchased in April. Drove it maybe 4 weeks total. they STILL cannot fix it and I just laid into the guy today because I'm sick of waiting and he showed me his shop they have TWENTY ****ING FOUR 2023 GLC300s in there right now--ALL busted. My city only has a total population of less than 300k, so pretty much every 2023 GLC300 is probably in there right now. This car has a serious design flaw. This is crazy. I have put almost 10,000 miles on their brand new loaner. How does any of this make any sense financially for any party? Me, MB or the dealer to just have my car sit there for 5 months and have me totally devalue their brand new loaner? Screw Mercedes, never buying their crap again.

Last edited by KrayzieVetteGLC; 10-10-2023 at 12:39 PM.
Old 10-10-2023, 09:07 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,398 Likes on 2,045 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823
Originally Posted by KrayzieVetteGLC
so my car is STILL in the shop. Been there 5 months total now. Purchased in April. Drove it maybe 4 weeks total. they STILL cannot fix it and I just laid into the guy today because I'm sick of waiting and he showed me his shop they have TWENTY ****ING FOUR 2023 GLC300s in there right now--ALL busted. My city only has a total population of less than 300k, so pretty much every 2023 GLC300 is probably in there right now. This car has a serious design flaw. This is crazy. I have put almost 10,000 miles on their brand new loaner. How does any of this make any sense financially for any party? Me, MB or the dealer to just have my car sit there for 5 months and have me totally devalue their brand new loaner? Screw Mercedes, never buying their crap again.
Wait, I thought you ended up getting a different car, like an X3? I might had mixed it up and that was another forum member.
Old 10-11-2023, 10:28 AM

2023 GLC 300
Originally Posted by W205C43PFL
Wait, I thought you ended up getting a different car, like an X3? I might had mixed it up and that was another forum member.
thats not me. Im the one who got the lawyer and then fell for MB sweet-talking and hollow promises—and got screwed.
Old 10-11-2023, 10:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2023 GLC 300
My new (2023) GLC 300 just got out of the repair shop at my MBZ dealer. Had to replace the PowerTrain Control Module. It apparently is a major problem with this new model. Gil
Old 10-11-2023, 10:35 PM

2023 GLC 300
Originally Posted by GIL K
My new (2023) GLC 300 just got out of the repair shop at my MBZ dealer. Had to replace the PowerTrain Control Module. It apparently is a major problem with this new model. Gil
they told me the same thing today and they’re replacing it Friday so maybe these cars actually will get fixed finally but I really have zero faith in this company at this point
Old 10-12-2023, 03:47 AM

GLC x254
Originally Posted by GIL K
​​​​​
Are they replacing the whole PTCM? Did they tell you why?
I'm wondering why they didn't try first with the SW update
Old 10-13-2023, 09:28 PM

GLC 300 4MATIC SUV
Hello all,

I’m having the same problems as many of you, except I have a 2022 GLC 300 X253. I’ve browsed that forum as well. I found this thread first when I was googling the error messages I was getting.

My car has been at the service center 3 times within 5 weeks, for the same issues: brake spot assist inoperative, active brake assist functions limited, ESP inoperative. The check engine light and “ESP off” light also appear, then the car goes into limp mode. I’ve been stranded 3 times now.

The last time it stranded me, I was chatting with the tow truck driver and he said he had picked up about 6 or 7 other 300s for the same issues throughout the week.

So far my service center has given the following solutions:

1st repair attempt: software update and fixed pins in steering wheel
2nd repair attempt: replaced throttle valve
3rd repair attempt: replaced control unit

Each time they claimed it was “fixed”. It has spent a total of 22 days at the service center. At this point (in my state), I am one repair attempt away and/or 8 more days in service away from being a certified lemon.

It’s unfortunate, because I do love my car but I have lost all faith in its reliability. It’s become a real headache.

chassis (10-14-2023)
Old 10-14-2023, 08:21 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3,919 Likes on 3,085 Posts
2017 GLE350 4MATIC
^sorry to learn abou this^. Hopefully you can exit this vehicle and into one that is more reliable. Mercedes is bottom of the barrel quality and reliability, unfortunately for its customers, shareholders and employees.
Old 10-14-2023, 09:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 647 Likes on 402 Posts
2014 E350 4-matic Sport & 2020 GLS450
I have a 2020 GLS450 in the shop for defective MbTex issues. 2023 GLC as the loaner. 1,200 miles, and it crapped out this morning when I came out of Dunkin Donuts and tried to start it. Countless errors from turn signal to transmission popping up.

First time in my life (50) that I have been stranded.

I can’t think of a manufacturer these days that is as bad as MB has become now. I’ve had the GLS since new and has been decent, and have owned my 2014 E350 since 2017 as a CPO and has been marginal (but suspect hard first owner).

after this glc experience this morning, I will not consider another MB vehicle ever again. Just glad it wasn’t actually mine.
Old 10-14-2023, 11:05 AM

2023 GLC 300
After close to 5 months in the shop, finally got my car back this morning.

was told they are “confident” it was fixed.

we’ll see…
Old 10-14-2023, 11:07 AM

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
2023 GLC 300W AMG, Pinnacle, white
Originally Posted by KrayzieVetteGLC
After close to 5 months in the shop, finally got my car back this morning.

was told they are “confident” it was fixed.

we’ll see…
What did they do to fix it?
Old 10-14-2023, 11:11 AM

2023 GLC 300
Originally Posted by mhmyers55
What did they do to fix it?
says replaced part # 000-900-57-40

this is probably old, but came across this

NHTSA Looks Into Alleged 48V System Defect Affecting the 2023 Mercedes-Benz GLC 300 - autoevolution

Last edited by KrayzieVetteGLC; 10-14-2023 at 11:19 AM.
Old 10-14-2023, 11:53 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2023 GLC 300
Class Action

There appears to be numerous issues involving the 2023 GLC 300. I will it be surprised if a class action lawsuit is pending.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2023 GLC will not start