GLC Class (X254) Produced 2023+

2023 GLC will not start

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-05-2023, 01:42 AM

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts
2023 GLC 300
So I want to give an update as well. My local dealer is holding my car hostage. I have not received my car or a check, it's pretty nuts. they gave me a loaner car because they assured it was going to be fixed in "a day or two" and instead of a check for the entire car, i was going to receive $10,000 and the car back, fixed. Well, they STILL cannot fix it. It has been in at the dealership for 48 days now (the second time) I think. I have racked up 4000 miles on their brand new GLA loaner. They will not return calls or give me my car back or have a check cut. This whole situation is insane. Only reason I haven't resorted to doing something crazy is I have their stupid car. I don't want a base model GLA though. My attorney is telling me to let them hang themselves, so I am since I have their car for transportation (I also have 2 other cars, but might as well put miles on theirs). Mercedes, and their dealerships are a bunch of lying *** thieves. Class action suit needs to follow.

Last edited by KrayzieVetteGLC; 08-05-2023 at 01:45 AM.
The following users liked this post:
PhotoJeff (08-05-2023)
Old 08-05-2023, 01:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2023 GLC300 4Matic
Originally Posted by KrayzieVetteGLC
So I want to give an update as well. My local dealer is holding my car hostage. I have not received my car or a check, it's pretty nuts. they gave me a loaner car because they assured it was going to be fixed in "a day or two" and instead of a check for the entire car, i was going to receive $10,000 and the car back, fixed. Well, they STILL cannot fix it. It has been in at the dealership for 48 days now (the second time) I think. I have racked up 4000 miles on their brand new GLA loaner. They will not return calls or give me my car back or have a check cut. This whole situation is insane. Only reason I haven't resorted to doing something crazy is I have their stupid car. I don't want a base model GLA though. My attorney is telling me to let them hang themselves, so I am since I have their car for transportation (I also have 2 other cars, but might as well put miles on theirs). Mercedes, and their dealerships are a bunch of lying *** thieves. Class action suit needs to follow.
that is awful !! have you reached out a lawyer ? not sure what state you’re in but in CA i believe if they’ve had the car for 30 days even if not all at one time , it’s a lemon .

sorry to hear that i hope it all works out and you get compensated fairly . insane !!
Old 08-05-2023, 02:19 AM

2023 GLC 300
Originally Posted by swrabel
that is awful !! have you reached out a lawyer ? not sure what state you’re in but in CA i believe if they’ve had the car for 30 days even if not all at one time , it’s a lemon .

sorry to hear that i hope it all works out and you get compensated fairly . insane !!
that's what i'm trying to say. I have a lawyer. Once the 30 days passed, I was golden. We started the buyback process. This got Mercedes involved. I think because they have to refund me all my interest and service plans warranty stuff whatever, they wanted to negotiate. I said $15k plus car, plus a lifetime warranty for the current problems. They came back at $10k keep the car and i just have my extended warranty and a brand new loaner. I said ok. Well, that was a big mistake because they have been literally just ghosting me for well over a MONTH now. I mean like zero contact. I have left probably about 20 voicemails now. I want to go in there and raise hell, but my lawyer wants me to just let them keep playing games because now we aren't accepting the initial offer any longer. Gonna be a full buyback, or my original request. I have a pretty ridiculous commute to work, so I have been just racking up the miles on their brand new car, so it should be free after all this, along with my money back.
Old 08-05-2023, 02:22 AM

2023 GLC300 4Matic
that's what i'm trying to say. I have a lawyer. Once the 30 days passed, I was golden. We started the buyback process. This got Mercedes involved. I think because they have to refund me all my interest and service plans warranty stuff whatever, they wanted to negotiate. I said $15k plus car, plus a lifetime warranty for the current problems. They came back at $10k keep the car and i just have my extended warranty and a brand new loaner. I said ok. Well, that was a big mistake because they have been literally just ghosting me for well over a MONTH now. I mean like zero contact. I have left probably about 20 voicemails now. I want to go in there and raise hell, but my lawyer wants me to just let them keep playing games because now we aren't accepting the initial offer any longer. Gonna be a full buyback, or my original request. I have a pretty ridiculous commute to work, so I have been just racking up the miles on their brand new car, so it should be free after all this, along with my money back.
oof that makes me so mad i’m so sorry!
Old 08-07-2023, 01:47 PM

2023 GLC 300
Unhappy 23 GLC300 4matic issues

I've had my 2023 GLC 300 4matic for less than a month and it's been in the shop more days that I've had it.
Driver Assistance not working says sensors are dirty. stayed in shop for week and half - tech said it was an update, back in the shop today for the same issue with no estimate on fixing. it turns off all driver assistance items including blind spot, cruise control, collision avoidance.
Volume on radio goes up with increasing speed turns off when stopped (very dramatic changes) unable to turn this off in the settings menu that I've been able to find
nail in tire- (not MB fault) month and half to get replacement
keyless go randomly doesn't work - have to use the remote (typically when my hands are full lol)
wireless phone charging thinks im trying to use tap to pay- dealer said "operating as expected"
panel/seal beside the rear window popped loose.

just wanted to share the issues I've had just in the first month.
Old 08-07-2023, 02:18 PM

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
21 c43
Originally Posted by medic8185
I've had my 2023 GLC 300 4matic for less than a month and it's been in the shop more days that I've had it.
Driver Assistance not working says sensors are dirty. stayed in shop for week and half - tech said it was an update, back in the shop today for the same issue with no estimate on fixing. it turns off all driver assistance items including blind spot, cruise control, collision avoidance.
Volume on radio goes up with increasing speed turns off when stopped (very dramatic changes) unable to turn this off in the settings menu that I've been able to find
nail in tire- (not MB fault) month and half to get replacement
keyless go randomly doesn't work - have to use the remote (typically when my hands are full lol)
wireless phone charging thinks im trying to use tap to pay- dealer said "operating as expected"
panel/seal beside the rear window popped loose.

just wanted to share the issues I've had just in the first month.
This sounds like an extreme case. However, some of your concerns are actually normal. Volume going up is in the audio settings, something like speed adjustment volume. Hate it personally. Also not sure why but the MB wireless phone charger does use NFC which is the same technology Apple Pay uses. I think it’s because you can use a Samsung phone as a digital key with the car.

I’ve only seen radar sensors dirty once in 2 years on my 2021 c43 but the car was absolutely covered in slush from snow and salt. Some of my friends with c43’s have said that they get the radar sensors dirty message more often than me but if it’s happening almost every day especially in the summer (assuming the sensors are in fact clean) then it’s definitely an issue. Best way to check is wash the car and see if it does it after. Hope you get those other issues resolved though!
Old 08-07-2023, 02:30 PM

2023 GLC 300
just wanted to share some updates on my experience in case it’s helpful to people looking at getting in a ‘23 GLC .

as of this morning mine is in with service for the fifth time since i got it may18 .

the first time it was for the car not starting and the screens / computers all turning off once while in motion . they performed the recall and the day i picked it up i drove it to work and the sunroof wouldn’t close .

brought it back in the next day and they ran another update to fix that .

i had felt that the AC wasn’t working consistently so brought it in again the following week for that .

that seemed to resolve and i picked it up a few days ago and it was normal and great and beautiful and comfy for almost a week .

this morning i went to park and all cameras went inoperable . an error message came up “ system inoperable “ and front and back cameras and sensors were out .

i brought it straight to service .

i have reached out to an attorney . i personally am done with this . it’s unacceptable to have this many issues especially on a $66k car that’s leasing in the four digits in california .

it is a beautiful and comfortable car and i hope everyone’s cars get fixed and work perfectly , i just wanted to share this as if i’d read something like this prior to leasing the car , i wouldn’t have even looked at it as an option .
except according to people here and on reddit this is all nothing to be concerned with lol. You should be grateful for the opportunity to lease such a “high tech” car. Who cares if it actually, you know, drives.
Old 08-07-2023, 03:56 PM

2023 GLC 300
Originally Posted by dcarfora77
This sounds like an extreme case. However, some of your concerns are actually normal. Volume going up is in the audio settings, something like speed adjustment volume. Hate it personally. Also not sure why but the MB wireless phone charger does use NFC which is the same technology Apple Pay uses. I think it’s because you can use a Samsung phone as a digital key with the car.

I’ve only seen radar sensors dirty once in 2 years on my 2021 c43 but the car was absolutely covered in slush from snow and salt. Some of my friends with c43’s have said that they get the radar sensors dirty message more often than me but if it’s happening almost every day especially in the summer (assuming the sensors are in fact clean) then it’s definitely an issue. Best way to check is wash the car and see if it does it after. Hope you get those other issues resolved though!
I agree. The volume changing is "operating as expected", but not how I want it too. They also removed to option to turn it off which I hate, but it's not malfunctioning. The driver assistance program is a different story. It does it constantly rain or shine, wet or dry (car has never been dirty so I have no idea if that would affect it). Also the screen for the driver system splits the highway and starts flickering which leads me to believe there is some type of software/computer issue. I think it's the culmination of frustrations, having just bought the car, and they said they have no idea how to fix it.

Old 08-07-2023, 09:50 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
2023 GLC
Glad you’re not in that right lane!

Personally, mine could care less if I’m even in a lane, shows green all day long (sometimes it works correctly). I’m in the US and very much well into the oncoming lane:

Old 08-07-2023, 10:00 PM

2023 GLC300 4Matic
i’m like dang one more thing i’ll have to check when it comes back from service for the 5th time 😂😭

Originally Posted by PhotoJeff

Personally, mine could care less if I’m even in a lane, shows green all day long (sometimes it works correctly). I’m in the US and very much well into the oncoming lane:

Old 08-07-2023, 10:54 PM

2023 GLC
i’m like dang one more thing i’ll have to check when it comes back from service for the 5th time 😂😭
The salesman said “It’s designed so you can’t fake it. That’s why it stays green on you.” It didn’t buy it. The service manager tried similar antics, I showed him one of many videos and he claimed he saw “steering input”. I took him out for a test drive and he again said he saw steering input. I took my hands off the wheel and let it drift before it gave me the no hands warning. I asked if he saw steering input that time and he asked if he could video it. He abandoned the thought when a car was coming. If he didn’t trust the system, why are we driving these?
Old 08-08-2023, 08:06 AM

2023 GLC 300
Yes the right lane looks like a bad idea. I just left out that part that mine will completely let me leave my lane of travel without vibration or steering input. Then other times when getting into a turning lane to the right it will jerk so hard I think it’s going to flip over (a bit dramatic but you get the point)

Old 08-08-2023, 09:34 AM

2023 GLC
Yes the right lane looks like a bad idea. I just left out that part that mine will completely let me leave my lane of travel without vibration or steering input. Then other times when getting into a turning lane to the right it will jerk so hard I think it’s going to flip over (a bit dramatic but you get the point)
Long time EMT so sounds like we’re 2 medics with similarly sick GLCs. I suspected mine was not a one-off on this issue. Mine is set for the earliest warning but if it does anything, I have to be on the line before it does anything. The completely leave the lane without any warning of any kind is what I see.

Others that may be curious if your GLC allows you to leave your lane, don’t rely on the system - if you feel like you need to test it, make sure you’re above 37MPH and do not do it near traffic.
Old 08-09-2023, 01:40 PM

GLC x254
Hi all. The same issue happened this morning to my brand new GLC x254 220d with 1500km done so far.
I have a suspect that it is something linked to the 12/48 batteries SoC management. This morning I "played" a bit with the radio and the seat positioning, afterwards I did a short trip, and, at the second key cycle, this is what I found:

I called the ME sos and they sent me a technician from the nearest dealer, who tried different power cycles without succeeding till he unplugged the 12V battery in the trunk. And.. the car started again without errors. They drove the vehicle to the dealer without issue and it's now under service.
I don't think it's anything hardware, it seems like a SW bug in managing the state of charge between the two batteries. Quite disappointing from such a MB car.
I'll keep you posted.
medic8185 (08-09-2023)
Old 08-09-2023, 05:27 PM

2023 GLC 300
Long time EMT so sounds like we’re 2 medics with similarly sick GLCs. I suspected mine was not a one-off on this issue. Mine is set for the earliest warning but if it does anything, I have to be on the line before it does anything. The completely leave the lane without any warning of any kind is what I see.

Others that may be curious if your GLC allows you to leave your lane, don’t rely on the system - if you feel like you need to test it, make sure you’re above 37MPH and do not do it near traffic.
Yes. Medic, flight medic, now NP. Mines very sick. They replace the star with the cameras and said it was fixed. Service tech said we've got a different error now related to another system so we're sending it back to service. There are some serious issues with this car, and I've requested a buyback from MB customer service. I hate that because it's such a beautiful car.
Old 08-11-2023, 05:53 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2023 Mercedes GLC 300 4Matic
New '23 GLC driver/owner here. I'm on my second '23 GLC, traded in first due to the 48V battery error and non starting issue. Service told me software upgrade took care of the problem but only having had the vehicle for 2 months it didn't give me confidence that it wasn't a lemon I had so I traded it in for another. Second one I had only for about two weeks and already in the shop too! This one had a 'cooling system malfunction, reduced driveability' error message plus a very loud fan like noise after shutting the car off that continued for ~10 minutes. I've opened a case w/MB corporate and am requesting a buyback. Don't know if I'll stick w/the MB brand but if I do, it won't be another GLC. These things are not ready to be out on the roads yet. Does anyone here have recent experience or helpful tips w/buyback process or getting some sort of compensation from Mercedes? I've already lost money on the trade in of my first one (dealer didn't do me any favors or give me what I paid for it only 2 months prior so I took a hit there) Now if I trade in this lemon I'll be taking another hit, unless MB corporate can help me which at this point I'm requesting and eagerly awaiting a response to my case. This is totally unacceptable !
Old 08-11-2023, 05:59 PM

2023 GLC 300
Originally Posted by newglcdriver
New '23 GLC driver/owner here. I'm on my second '23 GLC, traded in first due to the 48V battery error and non starting issue. Service told me software upgrade took care of the problem but only having had the vehicle for 2 months it didn't give me confidence that it wasn't a lemon I had so I traded it in for another. Second one I had only for about two weeks and already in the shop too! This one had a 'cooling system malfunction, reduced driveability' error message plus a very loud fan like noise after shutting the car off that continued for ~10 minutes. I've opened a case w/MB corporate and am requesting a buyback. Don't know if I'll stick w/the MB brand but if I do, it won't be another GLC. These things are not ready to be out on the roads yet. Does anyone here have recent experience or helpful tips w/buyback process or getting some sort of compensation from Mercedes? I've already lost money on the trade in of my first one (dealer didn't do me any favors or give me what I paid for it only 2 months prior so I took a hit there) Now if I trade in this lemon I'll be taking another hit, unless MB corporate can help me which at this point I'm requesting and eagerly awaiting a response to my case. This is totally unacceptable !
I heard from the senior account executive today. She is referring my request to the regional director, but she said it hadn’t shown in the shop for 20 days (north Carolina law) so it’s not eligible. That’s not true. It’s been 26 days, but I got it back today. Waiting to see what goes wrong next, but she did say she’ll also be asking about additional compensation if they refuse buyback. Either way, I’m certain it’ll be back in the shop soon. I’ve lost all confidence in the cars reliability. I agree. It’s not road tested. The ideas are great, but they need to workout these issues.

I’ll let you know what my buyback or other offers are. I’m not losing money, or I’ll hire an attorney.
Old 08-11-2023, 06:26 PM

2023 GLC 300
Update:

dealer says problem is not an “active fault” and car is not safe for a return to customer yet, even though it “passes all on demand testing.”

whatever that’s supposed to mean. Been there around 2 months or so now
The following 3 users liked this post by KrayzieVetteGLC:
chassis (08-12-2023), DESAL (08-12-2023), medic8185 (08-11-2023)
Old 08-12-2023, 12:48 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3,919 Likes on 3,085 Posts
2017 GLE350 4MATIC
Update:

dealer says problem is not an “active fault” and car is not safe for a return to customer yet, even though it “passes all on demand testing.”

whatever that’s supposed to mean. Been there around 2 months or so now
Start a lemon documentation process.
Old 08-12-2023, 12:53 PM

2023 GLC 300
Originally Posted by chassis
Start a lemon documentation process.
I'm already pretty much through the lemon process. Just waiting for them to formally finish with this car. They tricked me once already, but I basically have full use of a free car right now (a brand new loaner that I've put almost 5k miles on now), so I'm just waiting on them.
chassis (08-12-2023)
Old 08-12-2023, 03:09 PM

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
GLC
Very frustrating, and angering stories. The '23 GLC was #1 on our list, and we put a lot of time going through west coast inventories, communicating and so on to get the one we wanted. Then started reading all these problems. We still have one more car to buy before year end and still hoping that the GLC problems get resolved. We ended up buying a loaded '23 GV70 which has been problem free, so far. Krayzie Vette...I can't even imagine the anguish you are feeling. With my anxiety issues, I think I would have had a heart attack as I got so pissed off.
Old 08-12-2023, 03:24 PM

2023 GLC 300
Originally Posted by efr1
Very frustrating, and angering stories. The '23 GLC was #1 on our list, and we put a lot of time going through west coast inventories, communicating and so on to get the one we wanted. Then started reading all these problems. We still have one more car to buy before year end and still hoping that the GLC problems get resolved. We ended up buying a loaded '23 GV70 which has been problem free, so far. Krayzie Vette...I can't even imagine the anguish you are feeling. With my anxiety issues, I think I would have had a heart attack as I got so pissed off.
I think I'm just going to get my money back and buy a 2024 CX-5 turbo It's not "luxury," but it checks all the boxes I want for $17k less, and MB is dead to me now, and my friends with newer BMWs all seems to have various problems, so why pay more for additional headaches? Quality Control has really fallen off a cliff with these brands lately, they aren't worth the extra money to me. I have a 2023 Ford and a 2023 Chevy as well both have been problem free. I fail to see the advantage of the "luxury" brands anymore besides having a fancy badge on the front of your car. Even if they do fix my car, my local MB dealership is a trainwreck to deal with to boot, and it's the only one within about 100 miles.
chassis (08-12-2023)
Old 08-12-2023, 03:44 PM

Received 150 Likes on 90 Posts
2021 GLE , 2022 GLC , 2022 GLC
Lemon laws are individual to each state. I am sorry however I must ask, why would you buy a second GLC if the first one was so horrible? Perhaps there is a way you can incorporate the loss you’ve taken on your first one into the litigation you will need to open for the second one. Stay away from your MB dealer when you shop for your new car, hopefully immediately after MB buys back your current vehicle. BTW if you buy a third one, I believe you would be eligible for the Guinness Book of Records. I’ve never heard of anyone ever owning 2 Edsels. I honestly wish you well, I know 2 people who are experiencing issues with their GLC , however, they are hopeful that their issues have been resolved. Time will tell, I too would have no confidence in a new GLC. Again, best of luck newglcdriver
Old 08-12-2023, 04:01 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3,919 Likes on 3,085 Posts
2017 GLE350 4MATIC
Originally Posted by efr1
GLC problems will not be sorted by the end of the year, or ever. MB is garbage: new car delivered quality, medium-term reliability (during warranty period) and customer non-care from clowns (dealers). Read all about it everywhere, including this thread (and many more).

BMW X3 is a great car in this segment, as are the Genesis and Mazda offerings.

Old 08-12-2023, 04:03 PM

2023 GLC 300
Originally Posted by newglcdriver
you should have contacted a lawyer, not traded it in. These are open and shut cases. As soon as I showed my attorney the paperwork, he took the case and it costs you nothing. These cars are so bad that I could have had everything finished in a matter of a week or 2, but I did give MB the benefit of the doubt and tried to still let them fix it, but that was a mistake. Now I'm stuck driving around a base model GLA while making GLC payments until MB finally gives up and takes their loaner back since I don't want the GLC back anymore and will be refusing their settlement offer. Just get your check and move on.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2023 GLC will not start