GLC Class (X254) Produced 2023+

2023 GLC will not start

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-30-2023, 09:54 AM

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
2023 (X254) GLC300 RWD White
Originally Posted by Swalroth
So packing for the outer banks to leave today. Last night I get the following message:
“The starter battery charge status of the vehicle W1NKM4HB6PU019190 is critical. To ensure that the vehicle is able to start, please drive the vehicle for 30 to 60 minutes or connect a battery charger. When using the battery charger, please observe the notes in Owner's Manual in your vehicle.“
We just had the recall done last week, so it looks as if it didn’t solve the problem. Something is draining the battery while it’s sitting, anyone else experience this after the recall? What’s the fix?
I had the same problem with my 2020. I would drive the 12v would charge to full then a few days later or even the next day I got the critical issue. Solution - had the dealer replace the battery. Never had a problem after that unless I had the accessories on for a period of time without the engine running. Matter of fact it just happened with the 2023. I got a warning email because I had the lights and radio on without the car running.

Last edited by DESAL; 06-30-2023 at 10:08 AM.
Old 06-30-2023, 11:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
glc
Was hoping I dodged a bullet on this, but happened to me today. I did get it to start eventually, and made it to work, but now the check engine light is on and won’t turn off. Guess I have to take it to the dealer next week.

not good. Car is only a few weeks old
Old 06-30-2023, 12:35 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Glc 300
I had engine light last week, turned out it was due a fine leak in purge system of fuel tank. They had to replace the part to fix it. You might wanna het it checked.

Originally Posted by MB125643
Was hoping I dodged a bullet on this, but happened to me today. I did get it to start eventually, and made it to work, but now the check engine light is on and won’t turn off. Guess I have to take it to the dealer next week.

Old 06-30-2023, 12:42 PM

glc
Originally Posted by Sachinkv13
I had engine light last week, turned out it was due a fine leak in purge system of fuel tank. They had to replace the part to fix it. You might wanna het it checked.
mine says “ECM/Processor fault”
Old 06-30-2023, 02:45 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,440 Likes on 2,079 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
mine says “ECM/Processor fault”
So essentially the ECU? assuming ECM stands for engine control module?
Old 06-30-2023, 02:46 PM
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by Sachinkv13
no way : ( a leak in the fuel tank already? hopefully it isn't widespread, as it can be dangerous, that said glad it is solved for you.
Old 06-30-2023, 02:47 PM
Out Of Control!!

Sorry to hear about this. Also recommend reporting to the NHTSA.
Old 06-30-2023, 02:48 PM
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by DESAL
I had the same problem with my 2020. I would drive the 12v would charge to full then a few days later or even the next day I got the critical issue. Solution - had the dealer replace the battery. Never had a problem after that unless I had the accessories on for a period of time without the engine running. Matter of fact it just happened with the 2023. I got a warning email because I had the lights and radio on without the car running.
That is a little different since the 2020 didn't have the 48V mild hybrid system and without the 48V battery. That said, defective 12V batteries are not rare. Glad it solved for you but sorry to hear about the 2023 new GLC facing battery issues again.
Old 06-30-2023, 02:53 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3,925 Likes on 3,091 Posts
2017 GLE350 4MATIC
This thread is the latest log on the pyre that is MB junk quality and reliability. Pure garbage produced by MB. The list of MB product failures in the past few years is long.

Best wishes for all owners harmed by this manufacturer of rubbish, that satisfactory remedies are received.
Old 06-30-2023, 09:38 PM
Out Of Control!!

I guess you all are aware of the fuel pump recall issued right? Assuming that fixes the starting issue some of you folks has been getting at some occasions? https://www.autoevolution.com/news/m...d-217340.html#
Old 06-30-2023, 09:40 PM
Out Of Control!!

Found the NHTSA document: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/202...3V445-9258.PDF
Old 06-30-2023, 09:59 PM
Out Of Control!!

Anyways the original post the link was from: https://mbworld.org/forums/w213-amg/...ml#post8807119
Old 07-05-2023, 09:26 PM

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
21 c43
Hello all,

Updating with my experience. My car went in for the update about 2 weeks ago now and has been fine ever since. Went on a road trip this past weekend and it was fine. Hoping this software update works for all affected cars!
The following 4 users liked this post by dcarfora77:
charice1 (07-06-2023), efr1 (07-05-2023), kaehlin (07-06-2023), swrabel (07-07-2023)
Old 07-07-2023, 02:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2023 GLC300 4Matic
same experience

i traded in an m340 for the glc300 in mid may and had this issue as i went to leave the dealership ! i was freaked out but my sales rep told me it may have gone into “ anti theft “ mode . he called someone from service over and by the time he got to the car the whole thing had turned off so it started up without a problem .

it’s not happened 5-6 times and it’s so frustrating .

i’ve also noticed the a/c is very sporadic and will blow hot air every now and then . i’ve reached out to my sales rep and he offered to set it up with service . taking it in tomorrow and i’m hoping the los angeles dealerships are aware of the issue and the fix . and hoping the fix sticks !

i started to get scared as i have a dog that’s had medical emergencies where there are not 10 minutes to spare . thankfully the car hasn’t stranded me anywhere for more than 10-15 minutes .

as i said , taking it in tomorrow with these issues - oh and today the entire mbux system shut down for about 5 seconds as i was driving ?! and hoping it can be resolved .

if not i plan on reaching out to a lemon lawyer like the one person i saw in here that did that . i say good on you ! wise choice to ditch it .

all in all it just sucks !! it * is * a beautiful car but beauty means nothing if the thing won’t start !
Old 07-07-2023, 10:48 AM

GLC
Thanks. Beautiful car yes...I love it inside and out. We really wanted to like the RX but didn't. Been enough postings on the '23 GLC that I wasn't crazy about and we went with a GV70 a few weeks ago. Zero issues so far, but it's only been weeks. Great to drive...like all new cars, the tech can be overwhelming sometimes, but I thin that is true of all new cars. With one more car to replace by year end, I am hoping that MB has a ready-product by the time the '24's are out. We gave some thought to EV, but that is out at least for a few more years. My target right now is either a C Class or GLC.
Old 07-07-2023, 11:19 AM
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by dcarfora77
Hello all,

Updating with my experience. My car went in for the update about 2 weeks ago now and has been fine ever since. Went on a road trip this past weekend and it was fine. Hoping this software update works for all affected cars!
Thanks for sharing the positive experience, good to hear!
The following users liked this post:
swrabel (07-07-2023)
Old 07-26-2023, 10:16 PM

GLC300 4Matic
Same issue

Originally Posted by Nevab
I purchased a 2023 GLC two weeks ago and twice it has not started. When I open the door, it starts beeping and flashing a screen saying the parking brake is not on. When I push the start button, the engine makes a noise like it is trying to turn over and the car scrolls through a series of messages regarding all the functions that are not working, says the 12v system has failed, the vehicle is inoperative and do not change the transmission. The car keeps beeping and flashing messages for several minutes and then shuts down. After a few minutes, it will start normally. Anyone else having this experience? Ideas?
I bought my glc300 yesterday and had the same exact problem. Car is already in service after less than 24 hours.
Old 07-26-2023, 10:43 PM

21 c43
I am disappointed to have to reply. Car was fine for almost a month, but the other day it started beeping when off again. Occupant sensor warning and some warning in red (maybe transmission or mild hybrid). Car turned on but after turning off warning would not stop beeping. Also had no AC. Left it for a while, same thing. Then turned occupant sensor off in the settings and back on, car was fine. No issue since. I don’t think this car is a “lemon” per se, rather just all the issues you get with a first year car. Like I’ve said here before, my 2021 c43 sedan has had 0 issues since it was the last year of production. They had all the kinks worked out.

To all the people experiencing the same problem as me that have gotten the software update, I am confident that either another recall or software update will come out to address this issue. It will get to a point where everything works, just understand it’s MB’s first time with this level of tech in a production car.
Old 07-27-2023, 06:26 AM

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
2023 (X254) GLC300 RWD White
Originally Posted by dcarfora77
I am disappointed to have to reply. Car was fine for almost a month, but the other day it started beeping when off again. Occupant sensor warning and some warning in red (maybe transmission or mild hybrid). Car turned on but after turning off warning would not stop beeping. Also had no AC. Left it for a while, same thing. Then turned occupant sensor off in the settings and back on, car was fine. No issue since. I don’t think this car is a “lemon” per se, rather just all the issues you get with a first year car. Like I’ve said here before, my 2021 c43 sedan has had 0 issues since it was the last year of production. They had all the kinks worked out.

To all the people experiencing the same problem as me that have gotten the software update, I am confident that either another recall or software update will come out to address this issue. It will get to a point where everything works, just understand it’s MB’s first time with this level of tech in a production car.
Agree it will all work out. The software in MB 2023 whichever model you drive is really a work of software engineering. It runs all sorts of vehicle operations, like blind spot, it knows if I forgot to take my cell when I leave the car, etc, etc. or the MBUX that is now testing beta AI. The frustration with any software issues can drive you to drink. The software that runs a MB is far more sophisticated I believe than your cell phone or PC.

I’ve had my 300 RWD Pinnacle since March. I got one minor OTA update a few days after I got the car, nothing since. A self imposed 12v battery warning which came thru MB Me. Fixed by running the car with 2 remote starts (total 20 mins.). Hasn’t returned and it’s been 3 weeks. Got a light malfunction warning (see photo). My SA and the Assistant SA said they hadn’t come across that one yet. When she looked up my account there was a powertrain software update which is done in the shop. I was reminded by the SA that updates are VIN# specific. An exception would be MAPS that are done once a year. She suggested it’s a good idea to periodically check with the SA especially with new models because not all updates get universally announced. OTA will just get sent whenever your VIN pops up. I’m in Spain till September so had to made an appointment for when I return.

Old 07-28-2023, 08:00 AM

Received 150 Likes on 90 Posts
2021 GLE , 2022 GLC , 2022 GLC
Question Ambient lighting

Originally Posted by PhotoJeff
I will look, that could have been the scenario. Hopefully it can be turned off, that would be great. Thank you so much!
A good friend of mine picked up her GLC a week ago. She noticed that only some of the ambient lighting is working. I’m not sure how familiar she is with all the features packed into this vehicle. I am thinking that if the ambient lighting is not properly working, there may be other issues that she is yet to realize, or is it likely that it’s just the lighting?
Old 07-28-2023, 09:35 AM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
2023 GLC
Originally Posted by Bryce1023
A good friend of mine picked up her GLC a week ago. She noticed that only some of the ambient lighting is working. I’m not sure how familiar she is with all the features packed into this vehicle. I am thinking that if the ambient lighting is not properly working, there may be other issues that she is yet to realize, or is it likely that it’s just the lighting?
If she looks at the window sticker, she will probably see a credit for the enhanced ambient lighting. My factory order came that way as well and I am not happy. General inventory got it before factory orders.
She will likely encounter other issues. I suggest she not rely on the lane assist as a backup mechanism. I suppose it could just be mine but I doubt it. My GLC has been in twice for it now. It’s at MB now, been there since Sunday evening.
Old 07-28-2023, 11:54 AM

GLC2023
Just received This service campaign notice last week. Have an appt. next week to get the update.
https://www.startekinfo.com/service/...utside/227923/
Never had any issues after ~2 months ~2K miles. Hoping it stays that way!

Old 08-04-2023, 09:10 PM

2023 GLC300 4Matic
update on my experience

just wanted to share some updates on my experience in case it’s helpful to people looking at getting in a ‘23 GLC .

as of this morning mine is in with service for the fifth time since i got it may18 .

the first time it was for the car not starting and the screens / computers all turning off once while in motion . they performed the recall and the day i picked it up i drove it to work and the sunroof wouldn’t close .

brought it back in the next day and they ran another update to fix that .

i had felt that the AC wasn’t working consistently so brought it in again the following week for that .

that seemed to resolve and i picked it up a few days ago and it was normal and great and beautiful and comfy for almost a week .

this morning i went to park and all cameras went inoperable . an error message came up “ system inoperable “ and front and back cameras and sensors were out .

i brought it straight to service .

i have reached out to an attorney . i personally am done with this . it’s unacceptable to have this many issues especially on a $66k car that’s leasing in the four digits in california .

it is a beautiful and comfortable car and i hope everyone’s cars get fixed and work perfectly , i just wanted to share this as if i’d read something like this prior to leasing the car , i wouldn’t have even looked at it as an option .

The following users liked this post:
PhotoJeff (08-04-2023)
Old 08-04-2023, 10:01 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
2023 GLC
I’m so sorry to hear that. You’re not alone. Mine has been in about 7 days so far. Every drive is a new adventure. I get inconsistent behavior every time, there’s never a dull moment. I’ve had to disable several of the features. The digital light drives me nuts, it toggles back and forth from low to high at the sight of anything in its path.

Waiting to hear back from MB Germany on faulty lane assist. Maybe it’s just my car, I haven’t seen any others mention it on here.

I will say I like the looks, fuel economy, and how well the mirrors dim at night. It might stop there.
Old 08-04-2023, 10:04 PM

2023 GLC300 4Matic
Originally Posted by PhotoJeff
I’m so sorry to hear that. You’re not alone. Mine has been in about 7 days so far. Every drive is a new adventure. I get inconsistent behavior every time, there’s never a dull moment. I’ve had to disable several of the features. The digital light drives me nuts, it toggles back and forth from low to high at the sight of anything in its path.

Waiting to hear back from MB Germany on faulty lane assist. Maybe it’s just my car, I haven’t seen any others mention it on here.

I will say I like the looks, fuel economy, and how well the mirrors dim at night. It might stop there.

dang i’m sorry to hear that too ! i haven’t noticed anything with lane assist but i did notice that the car was gonna let me back into another car without emergency braking the day i got it aha . it wouldn’t been my own fault but i’m 98% sure emergency braking is meant to kick in… and as bratty as this may sound the automated parking is always awful - seems like the sensors don’t know where things are .

it is a shame cos it really is a gorgeous car ! if only it would work !

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2023 GLC will not start