GLC63s, GLC63, GLC43 AMG SUV and Coupe (X253, C253) 2015 - Present

Favorite tow hook license plate mount?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-26-2022, 09:53 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
AMG GLC 43 Coupe
Question Favorite tow hook license plate mount?

I live in Texas which unfortunately still requires a front plate. I'm not planning on running one 99% of the time, but I take frequent trips between Dallas and Houston and want to have an option for when I do that. I was already stopped once on that trip for it. I searched the forums and there seemed to be lots of suggestions, but many were from people offering them as an idea, and not an anecdotal experience.

Does anyone have one they've used that they like? Seems there are about a million online. Is it as foolproof as just picking one of those?

This is for an AMG GLC 43 Coupe, if it matters. Thanks.
Old 09-27-2022, 11:12 AM

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
C63
I used this one on my 22 GLC43
https://eosplates.com/?gclid=EAIaIQo...SAAEgJCUPD_BwE

One issue is the front parking sensors will set off because of it. No big whoop as I turn them off as I am driving off. To get the front sensors to not be triggered, I had to mount the plate way to high up by the light and I didn't like the way it looked so I just turn off the parking sensors, you still have your camera's so no big whoop-

Old 09-27-2022, 11:17 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
AMG GLC 43 Coupe
Originally Posted by I_love_ICE
I used this one on my 22 GLC43
https://eosplates.com/?gclid=EAIaIQo...SAAEgJCUPD_BwE

One issue is the front parking sensors will set off because of it. No big whoop as I turn them off as I am driving off. To get the front sensors to not be triggered, I had to mount the plate way to high up by the light and I didn't like the way it looked so I just turn off the parking sensors, you still have your camera's so no big whoop-
Awesome, thanks for the reply. Does it still set off the sensors if you mount the bracket in the corner like they show in this photo? The company claims it shouldn't affect parking sensors. Thanks again for the rec! I will probably end up with this one. I was looking at it before.
Old 09-28-2022, 09:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2021 GLC 43 AMG
I use the following license plate mount which is Version 1 of the ESO mount you are looking at. I don't have any issues with it blocking the parking sensors & I has been installed since October 9, 2021. Sorry the picture is a little Dark and is huge . When I get home later i will upload a daytime photo and make the image smaller.
Amazon.com: Replacement for 2018-Present Mercedes Benz GLC63 AMG | EOS Plate Version 1 Front Bumper Tow Hook License Relocator Mount Bracket Tow-482 (Mid Size) : Automotive Amazon.com: Replacement for 2018-Present Mercedes Benz GLC63 AMG | EOS Plate Version 1 Front Bumper Tow Hook License Relocator Mount Bracket Tow-482 (Mid Size) : Automotive

Old 09-28-2022, 10:59 AM

C63
Yeah I am sure if I play with the mounting more I can get it to not interfere with the sensors. I just set it up originally to be where it "looked" the best to my eye and of course it would be where it interferes!
Old 10-25-2022, 12:21 AM

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
GLC43 SUV
I am personally not a fan of that solution. I think they can cause more damage than putting the two ugly holes in the bumper. That said, there is a sto and go option that is removable and some other one that mounts under the and pops up. I like the sto and go one best because I only need it when parking in our village. The last time I was hunting the sto and go or wasn’t made for the GLC however. So, I just pay the stupid tickets when I get them a couple times a year. On the upside, I don’t holes in the front of my car and believe that we’ll have the sticker plate option available soon.
Old 10-25-2022, 01:15 AM

Received 66 Likes on 55 Posts
2020 AMG GLC 43
I got mine from Cravenspeed.com, and it's been great.
https://www.cravenspeed.com/2020-166/
Old 10-25-2022, 02:23 AM

Received 69 Likes on 59 Posts
Mercedes Benz AMG GLC 63s
Yeah on an Alfa the offset plate looks great, on any other car it just looks awkward,..just an opinion not a judgement.
Old 10-25-2022, 08:45 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
GLC 63 AMG
I was annoyed there wasn't a better solution offered by the dealer as well. I used the factory provided front plate holder and drill two holes on the bottom left and bottom right of the plastic. From there I used two probably 2.5 inch black screws and drilled at a pretty aggressive angle into the unpainted plastic which isn't visible. See picture and hope this helps.

Old 10-25-2022, 03:46 PM

C63
you can take the stock plastic mount, shave the bolt holes to fit flush and use Zip ties to mount and not need to drill or screw in anything except the plate to the mount bracket. My buddy used some thin rubber on the bumper so the plastic mount wouldn't rub into the paint and when zipped down, it is solid and the zips are hidden.