Notices

2020 V167 GLE

 
Old 02-14-2019, 04:33 PM
  #2226  
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 152
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2018 GLS 450, 2018 GLE 4matic
I am ordering the Airmatic only, have it on my 2018 and its fine. Found out today my car will probably not be here till June.
beth22 is offline  
Old 02-14-2019, 04:49 PM
  #2227  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lake Oswego, OR
Posts: 3,651
Received 183 Likes on 138 Posts
2020 GLE 450; 2015 BMW M4 Coupe
Aitmatic

Originally Posted by venkyszone View Post
Anybody planning on buying without E-ABC but just the Airmatic suspension...??
I would have if it could be had with Active Curve like on the W166. That active anti-roll bar system gives more wheel movement normally then tightens up in the curves for better roll control. The added complexity of the E-ABC system does concern me.




Last edited by GregW / Oregon; 02-14-2019 at 05:17 PM.
GregW / Oregon is offline  
Old 02-14-2019, 05:21 PM
  #2228  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Central PA
Posts: 1,635
Received 108 Likes on 86 Posts
19 BMW X7 xDrive 50i
Originally Posted by Ron.s View Post
Joe,
As I remember a Mercedes Factory guy posted about the only way to make a change after an order locked was to find and identical one to what you want now. A very low probability. The result of your getting E-ABC might be that what you have now is as close as they could get to your original order. If they had just changed yours the production date shouldn't have changed.
You could be right about that Ron. Of course, my dealer has no idea why the options were added to my build but said he'll take care of me when the time comes to finalize a deal. They've always treated me fairly.
JoeMa is offline  
Old 02-14-2019, 09:45 PM
  #2229  
Super Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Boise & St George
Posts: 684
Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
2018 SQ5 & 2020 GLE450
Originally Posted by JoeMa View Post
You could be right about that Ron. Of course, my dealer has no idea why the options were added to my build but said he'll take care of me when the time comes to finalize a deal. They've always treated me fairly.
Joe, The Wheel locking bolts and the Spoiler are dealer installed options so they can leave them off when your car arrives. At least thatís what my dealer said they would with my load sill protector.
Ron.s is offline  
Old 02-14-2019, 10:22 PM
  #2230  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 4,789
Likes: 0
Received 522 Likes on 414 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
I'm not so sure on Roof Spoiler as avail for dealer install.. your dealer should check with Parts since V167 Part# and Accessories are loaded now in Part's System "Otis"
fabbrisd1 is offline  
Old 02-14-2019, 10:26 PM
  #2231  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 4,789
Likes: 0
Received 522 Likes on 414 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
SHIPPING UPDATE THURS NIGHT FEB 14

Happy V-Day...


While I was with MB Tues/Weds - and everbody was saying "we really don't know when" - someone instructed Vance to begin start printing Window Stickers and Vance began releasing 1st units to Shipper's Weds night .... both GLE350's and GLE450's - "Dealer Demo Units".

That said - some tDealer Demo Units printed/release-to-carrier last night have already been "Canceled".... so we will see what we will see over the next few days.

If these Dealer Demo Units are in fact released this week - "unknown" if they will be "Strict-Demo-Only-Not-Sell-Now" - like the A-Class sedans at dealers now...

That's "the story" as of tonight.
fabbrisd1 is offline  
The following users liked this post:
Ron.s (02-15-2019)
Old 02-14-2019, 10:34 PM
  #2232  
Super Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Boise & St George
Posts: 684
Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
2018 SQ5 & 2020 GLE450
Originally Posted by fabbrisd1 View Post
I'm not so sure on Roof Spoiler as avail for dealer install.. your dealer should check with Parts since V167 Part# and Accessories are loaded now in Part's System "Otis"
Im probably wrong. The latest DOG shows these items as VPC installed options. I think the prior one showed as Dealer installed.
Ron.s is offline  
Old 02-15-2019, 07:03 AM
  #2233  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Central PA
Posts: 1,635
Received 108 Likes on 86 Posts
19 BMW X7 xDrive 50i
Originally Posted by Ron.s View Post
Im probably wrong. The latest DOG shows these items as VPC installed options. I think the prior one showed as Dealer installed.
Correct, the Roof Spoiler and Silver Wheel Locking Bolts will be installed at the Vehicle Preparation Center (VPC) at the Port of Baltimore. The Trailer Hitch is installed at the factory. Again, not a big deal as my dealer will help with the final costs.
JoeMa is offline  
Old 02-15-2019, 09:35 AM
  #2234  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lake Oswego, OR
Posts: 3,651
Received 183 Likes on 138 Posts
2020 GLE 450; 2015 BMW M4 Coupe
VPC

Originally Posted by JoeMa View Post
Correct, the Roof Spoiler and Silver Wheel Locking Bolts will be installed at the Vehicle Preparation Center (VPC) at the Port of Baltimore. The Trailer Hitch is installed at the factory. Again, not a big deal as my dealer will help with the final costs.
My dealer says VPC for US-manufactured vehicles is at the Vance plant. The import VPCs are Baltimore and Long Beach; it doesn't make sense that a vehicle destined for say, Miami, would detour through Baltimore. Maybe fabbrisd1 could chime in.
GregW / Oregon is offline  
Old 02-15-2019, 10:21 AM
  #2235  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 44
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Audi Q5
venkyszone is online now  
The following users liked this post:
rm50 (02-15-2019)
Old 02-15-2019, 11:31 AM
  #2236  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Central PA
Posts: 1,635
Received 108 Likes on 86 Posts
19 BMW X7 xDrive 50i
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon View Post
My dealer says VPC for US-manufactured vehicles is at the Vance plant. The import VPCs are Baltimore and Long Beach; it doesn't make sense that a vehicle destined for say, Miami, would detour through Baltimore. Maybe fabbrisd1 could chime in.
My dealer says his vehicle orders coming from Vance get VPC options installed in Baltimore, then delivered to the dealership. Can't speak for cars headed to Miami.
JoeMa is offline  
Old 02-15-2019, 04:03 PM
  #2237  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lake Oswego, OR
Posts: 3,651
Received 183 Likes on 138 Posts
2020 GLE 450; 2015 BMW M4 Coupe
VPC location

Originally Posted by JoeMa View Post
My dealer says his vehicle orders coming from Vance get VPC options installed in Baltimore, then delivered to the dealership. Can't speak for cars headed to Miami.
This is from fabbrisd1 who seems to know what he's talking about. Explanation makes sense.

"Vance is 'VPC' for all vehicles made in Vance - that said on West Coast and East Coast each there is a 'RPC' which is a holding yard at end of rail transit are offloaded held until transferred to truck carrier."
GregW / Oregon is offline  
Old 02-15-2019, 04:22 PM
  #2238  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Central PA
Posts: 1,635
Received 108 Likes on 86 Posts
19 BMW X7 xDrive 50i
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon View Post
This is from fabbrisd1 who seems to know what he's talking about. Explanation makes sense.

"Vance is 'VPC' for all vehicles made in Vance - that said on West Coast and East Coast each there is a 'RPC' which is a holding yard at end of rail transit are offloaded held until transferred to truck carrier."
I posted what my dealer told me and just emailed him again to make sure I heard him correctly. He never mentioned RPC, whatever that is.
JoeMa is offline  
Old 02-15-2019, 04:31 PM
  #2239  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 29
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
acura rdx
Hi, I am new to this forum but very much appreciate all the nice information I have received about the V167 here. Can anybody tell me if getting the 3rd-row option would reduce the maximum available 2nd-row leg-room?
kukipie is offline  
Old 02-15-2019, 04:43 PM
  #2240  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Central PA
Posts: 1,635
Received 108 Likes on 86 Posts
19 BMW X7 xDrive 50i
Originally Posted by kukipie View Post
Hi, I am new to this forum but very much appreciate all the nice information I have received about the V167 here. Can anybody tell me if getting the 3rd-row option would reduce the maximum available 2nd-row leg-room?
I don't think so, from the videos I've watched the 2nd row can be moved all the back or moved forward if the 3rd row occupants need more leg room.
JoeMa is offline  
Old 02-15-2019, 04:48 PM
  #2241  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Central PA
Posts: 1,635
Received 108 Likes on 86 Posts
19 BMW X7 xDrive 50i
The Germany configurator has been updated with new backgrounds, much nicer looking images IMO:




JoeMa is offline  
Old 02-15-2019, 04:59 PM
  #2242  
DMG
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 51
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2001 G500
Originally Posted by fabbrisd1 View Post
A little catch up on misc subjects here...

1. Rear Cargo Space 7-seater - in 3rd row version rear cargo is drastically reduced - down right small as a result of the 3rd row seat. Under floor storage behind 3rd row will fit the cargo shade or a AR15 if you are so inclined.

2. Rear Cargo 5-seater - with 2nd row folded down rear cargo space will probably measure out a "bit" more than W166 - with 2nd row seat upright my eyeball says "less" than W166. Under floor storage will also have accommodation to sotre your cargo shade (or AR15).

3. 2nd Row Seats - 7-Seater - 2nd row legroom is great - 2nd row seat "sits" a bit lower than W166 - power backrest adjustment for 2nd row is cool - the front/back switch for 2nd row is "mock" - didn't have opportunity to test if headrest switch was real or mock (I "think" mock maybe). 3rd zone climate control totally cool. Standard with 2/USB-C and 110V outlet is on the back of the center console under the USB-C's.
Questions about the above:
1. Does this imply the cargo room is smaller in vehicles with the 3rd row when the third row is DOWN? Because I've seen many reviews in cars with the 3rd row where it does not look like less space, and I believe I've seen specs that indicate cargo space with 3rd row folded that is larger than the 2 row version because the second row moves forward. I could be wrong but I don't think so.
2. Interesting about the cargo shade storage! But again, about the space, everything I've seen and read seems to indicate V167 cargo space is larger than W166 even with the 2nd row seats up.
3. Front/back switch for 2nd row is "mock"? The second row needs to move forward in order for the 3rd row to fold down. It seems odd the seats would move and yet the switch wouldn't control the seat. Is it possible the rear seat was up and in place when you were in it and it wouldn't move for that reason? And 3rd zone climate control?? Holy cow. I've seen nothing indicating this exists anywhere. Even in the DOG it talks about usb-c ports for the third row but nothing about 3rd zone climate control.

Can you elaborate, and do you have any pics of any of the aforementioned? I'm very intrigued and may cancel my 3rd row if it indeed means less cargo space.

Last edited by DMG; 02-15-2019 at 06:34 PM.
DMG is offline  
Old 02-15-2019, 06:35 PM
  #2243  
Senior Member
 
Skizz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Dallas
Posts: 386
Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
like s#!t
Burmester 3D/No AMG exterior

Spoke to my dealer yesterday while he was in "training" on the new GLE450 and had the ear of corporate guys. I have wanted the Burmester upgraded 3D system and found that this system could not be ordered with the AMG Exterior line-DG1 (I listen loud and my current $850 Burmester system in my 2017 GLC doesn't cut it for me). I had griped about that earlier in this thread and didn't understand why, on a redesign that an interior audio component excluded ordering an exterior trim package. I emailed MB corporate and they confirmed the exclusion but could not, or would not, say why. My salesman told me he asked this of the trainers and was told that the AMG exterior package has exhaust enhancement over the audio system, whereas the non-DG1 does not. I assume it is due to not being able to program/tune the exhaust track for the upgraded system properly for the extra speaker placements and algorithm tuning of the 3D system. I dunno, but I wasn't expecting that as a reason, and it seems rather lazy for a vehicle like the GLE.

Last edited by Skizz; 02-15-2019 at 07:05 PM.
Skizz is offline  
Old 02-15-2019, 06:39 PM
  #2244  
DMG
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 51
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2001 G500
That's another bummer. Piped in fake exhaust sounds. Can you ask your dealer if the exhaust tips are at least real on the AMG exterior line?
DMG is offline  
Old 02-15-2019, 06:41 PM
  #2245  
Senior Member
 
Skizz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Dallas
Posts: 386
Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
like s#!t
Originally Posted by DMG View Post
That's another bummer. Piped in fake exhaust sounds. Can you ask your dealer if the exhaust tips are at least real on the AMG exterior line?
I don't think they are, as it was discussed a little earlier in this thread. My sales guy said that of the vehicles they were training on, non had the AMG exterior package.
Skizz is offline  
Old 02-15-2019, 06:54 PM
  #2246  
DMG
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 51
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2001 G500
Originally Posted by Skizz View Post
I don't think they are, as it was discussed a little earlier in this thread. My sales guy said that of the vehicles they were training on, non had the AMG exterior package.
I know but DOG says "functioning sport exhaust" as a feature of the AMG ext line, and the hope is that the US version w/ AMG exterior has functioning tips (vs. the pre-production models which seem to have European option combos not available in the US).
DMG is offline  
Old 02-15-2019, 07:03 PM
  #2247  
Senior Member
 
Skizz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Dallas
Posts: 386
Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
like s#!t
Originally Posted by DMG View Post
I know but DOG says "functioning sport exhaust" as a feature of the AMG ext line, and the hope is that the US version w/ AMG exterior has functioning tips (vs. the pre-production models which seem to have European option combos not available in the US).
You may be interpreting it correctly then. I do know that I have a GLC43 (AMG-lite) and it does not have functioning tips. Maybe for the higher end GLE, they would add functioning tips for an exterior appearance package.
Skizz is offline  
Old 02-15-2019, 07:35 PM
  #2248  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lake Oswego, OR
Posts: 3,651
Received 183 Likes on 138 Posts
2020 GLE 450; 2015 BMW M4 Coupe
Exhaust

Originally Posted by DMG View Post
I know but DOG says "functioning sport exhaust" as a feature of the AMG ext line, and the hope is that the US version w/ AMG exterior has functioning tips (vs. the pre-production models which seem to have European option combos not available in the US).
I don't know what else that would mean, and we have seen photos of at least one with working exhaust outlets in the rear valance.
GregW / Oregon is offline  
Old 02-15-2019, 10:36 PM
  #2249  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lake Oswego, OR
Posts: 3,651
Received 183 Likes on 138 Posts
2020 GLE 450; 2015 BMW M4 Coupe
2nd row legroom with 3rd row option

Originally Posted by JoeMa View Post
I don't think so, from the videos I've watched the 2nd row can be moved all the back or moved forward if the 3rd row occupants need more leg room.
I believe that is correct. The diagram does not indicate anything different with 3rd row.




GregW / Oregon is offline  
Old 02-16-2019, 03:30 AM
  #2250  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 73
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
E220d T
Originally Posted by Skizz View Post
Spoke to my dealer yesterday while he was in "training" on the new GLE450 and had the ear of corporate guys. I have wanted the Burmester upgraded 3D system and found that this system could not be ordered with the AMG Exterior line-DG1 (I listen loud and my current $850 Burmester system in my 2017 GLC doesn't cut it for me). I had griped about that earlier in this thread and didn't understand why, on a redesign that an interior audio component excluded ordering an exterior trim package. I emailed MB corporate and they confirmed the exclusion but could not, or would not, say why. My salesman told me he asked this of the trainers and was told that the AMG exterior package has exhaust enhancement over the audio system, whereas the non-DG1 does not. I assume it is due to not being able to program/tune the exhaust track for the upgraded system properly for the extra speaker placements and algorithm tuning of the 3D system. I dunno, but I wasn't expecting that as a reason, and it seems rather lazy for a vehicle like the GLE.
Thatís seems odd, I have built a GLE450 with AMG-exterior and Burmester 3D.

But I canít choose the enhanced motor sound, donít want to either. But in EU we have a choice.

So itís a decision made by MBUSA.
Pachole is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 2020 V167 GLE


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: