Notices

2020 V167 GLE

 
Old 02-25-2019, 04:29 PM
  #2476  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 6
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
.
Originally Posted by JoeMa View Post
The salesman just texted me a pic of the sticker. FYI, this GLE 450 was build this month.

Very nice pictures, thanks Joe! That looks identical to the GLE 450 my dealer in Boston is getting soon (info in post 2436 ) so perhaps MB made a few demo units with the same spec.

Some small questions:
I noticed on some other people's build sheets that there is a $0 "436 Comfort Front Headrests" option. I assume this come standard with any of the leather upholsteries? It's not on the DOG and apparently not an option on Netstar from my salesman.

Also, a person in Canada earlier in this thread has a build sheet with "597 Windshield heater". This doesn't seem to be an option in the US?
maalox is offline  
Old 02-25-2019, 04:32 PM
  #2477  
Super Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Boise & St George
Posts: 576
Liked 28 Times in 24 Posts
2018 SQ5 & 2020 GLE450
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon View Post
Except for the Night Package and upholstery color. Looks good! Another with missing Parktronic!
I’m not seeing a package that relates to Parktronic so now I’m really confused on what’s missing. I assumed it was the Camera that scanned for parking spots to go with the Self Park function.
Congrats Greg....100 pages!
Ron.s is online now  
Old 02-25-2019, 04:54 PM
  #2478  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 19
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
ML350
Quote "The salesman just texted me a pic of the sticker. FYI, this GLE 450 was build this month."

Interestingly, my VIN is 5000 numbers higher and last week my NetStar code was B4. I guess I'm getting close.
Hurricane1938 is offline  
Old 02-25-2019, 05:03 PM
  #2479  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lake Oswego, OR
Posts: 3,443
Liked 115 Times in 94 Posts
2020 GLE 450 (on order); 2012 ML350; 2015 M4 Coupe
Originally Posted by Ron.s View Post
I’m not seeing a package that relates to Parktronic so now I’m really confused on what’s missing. I assumed it was the Camera that scanned for parking spots to go with the Self Park function.
Congrats Greg....100 pages!
See my post #2442. The credit is for missing standard items, and Parking Assist works via the ultrasonic sensors - I see they are missing from this car. Maybe an early supply problem.
GregW / Oregon is offline  
Old 02-25-2019, 05:27 PM
  #2480  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Germancar1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Dallas TX
Posts: 4,342
Liked 61 Times in 48 Posts
2013 650i Coupe, 2010 IS250 AWD, 1999 S500
Originally Posted by Ron.s View Post

You hit the “nail on the head” so to speak! I wonder how many have been to training. If you add up the lack of Configurator, lack of product knowledge and DOG rollout you have to wonder if Mercedes is dragging their feet a little because of issues.
Some things may not be their fault, (maybe indirectly) as many parts are outsourced and suppliers ramping up or not getting initial quality could be a contributing factor. Another thing I’ve noticed is the large number of different models and sub models. My SR said that subject has come up in meetings and MB has agreed to cut back but haven’t yet. Audi is almost at the other extreme-fewer models and slow release of sub models but it shows with the high quality rankings. Our SQ5 was new Gen and first week of production. Flawless for 18 months until a Thermostat failure, not exactly a big problem at that.
Wouldn’t the GLE be a very important product (if not the most important)... why screw it up? Are resources spread over too many models? At least they seem to have no problem slowing things down so I’m not overly concerned...yet. This has to be bad for profit. No inventory and the peak buying season only a few weeks away.
They will easily make up the sales over the spring and summer. Spring and end of the year are big buying seasons. Many parts of the country are still having winter now so they have time to get them out. There aren't going to be any profits hurt over a few weeks. In typical Mercedes fashion there will be none and then overnight every dealership will be flooded in product. A lot of you here spend more time worrying about things that no one here has any control over and/or thing that no one here even understands. Every car company has production issues with a brand new product, difference is you don't hear about most of it.

M

Last edited by Germancar1; 02-25-2019 at 05:29 PM.
Germancar1 is offline  
Old 02-25-2019, 05:32 PM
  #2481  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Germancar1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Dallas TX
Posts: 4,342
Liked 61 Times in 48 Posts
2013 650i Coupe, 2010 IS250 AWD, 1999 S500
Originally Posted by JoeMa View Post
My dealer received two 350's so if you get a chance to test drive a 450 please post your impressions.
Will do. It will be after the hype wears off though. Right now people are literally standing around waiting to see and/or drive the new GLE. No thanks lol.

M

Last edited by Germancar1; 02-25-2019 at 05:37 PM.
Germancar1 is offline  
Old 02-25-2019, 06:27 PM
  #2482  
Senior Member
 
Skizz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Dallas
Posts: 373
Liked 36 Times in 32 Posts
like s#!t
Originally Posted by Germancar1 View Post
Will do. It will be after the hype wears off though. Right now people are literally standing around waiting to see and/or drive the new GLE. No thanks lol.

M
I found that to be the case at MB Dallas. Less so at MB Plano. Not really at all at MB McKinney.
Skizz is offline  
Old 02-25-2019, 06:38 PM
  #2483  
Super Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Boise & St George
Posts: 576
Liked 28 Times in 24 Posts
2018 SQ5 & 2020 GLE450
Originally Posted by Germancar1 View Post
They will easily make up the sales over the spring and summer. Spring and end of the year are big buying seasons. Many parts of the country are still having winter now so they have time to get them out. There aren't going to be any profits hurt over a few weeks. In typical Mercedes fashion there will be none and then overnight every dealership will be flooded in product. A lot of you here spend more time worrying about things that no one here has any control over and/or thing that no one here even understands. Every car company has production issues with a brand new product, difference is you don't hear about most of it.
M
Mercedes has already announced that there were unexpected issues at the Alabama Factory that will result in unplanned lower sales the First Quarter of 2019, reducing profitability. This is in addition to the normal loss from the changeover that began in 2018. Dealers have little or no inventory of the non AMG 2018 GLE to sell. When dealers don’t have cars to sell some customers will buy a different brand and you can’t make up for that loss of business. Winter doesn’t seem to have much effect on sales since GLE peak sales occur in December. GLE sales declined significantly, falling 27.4% in Q4 2018, USA. Q1 2019 will most certainly reflect an even larger decline worldwide. Here’s an excerpt from Mercedes a report:
“Mercedes-Benz unit sales by model-In January, the SUVs from Mercedes-Benz were well below the previous year's high level, with sales of more than 60,000 units of the GLA, GLC, GLC Coupé, GLE, GLE Coupé, GLS and G-Class models (-15.9%). Above all, the GLE model change had a dampening effect on unit sales.”
As with any redesign, the 2020 GLE should have strong sales limited initially by the Alabama Factory production, IMO. My guess is that sales will be strong all of 2019 for this fantastic vehicle.

Ron.s is online now  
Old 02-25-2019, 07:15 PM
  #2484  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Central PA
Posts: 1,616
Liked 101 Times in 79 Posts
17 GLS 550
Hopefully MB plans to ships more 450 demo's to dealers because the 450 with an AMG exterior is quite impressive compared to a base 350. Should help bolster sales this summer.

I wanted to emphasize that our 450 test drive today did not uncover a single glitch, not the case with our 2019 X5 test drive last week. And the Augmented Reality navigation is very impressive in person! Can't stop thinking about this SUV.
JoeMa is offline  
Old 02-25-2019, 08:55 PM
  #2485  
DMG
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 46
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
2001 G500
Joe, are those exhaust tips functioning or fake on that 450 w/ amg line exterior?
DMG is offline  
Old 02-25-2019, 09:00 PM
  #2486  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 8
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
E250 Avantgarde


















George Smith is offline  
Old 02-25-2019, 09:00 PM
  #2487  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 8
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
E250 Avantgarde



George Smith is offline  
Old 02-25-2019, 10:17 PM
  #2488  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Central PA
Posts: 1,616
Liked 101 Times in 79 Posts
17 GLS 550
Originally Posted by DMG View Post
Joe, are those exhaust tips functioning or fake on that 450 w/ amg line exterior?
Good question but I forgot to check. I called the salesman but he had already left for the day and will check them tomorrow.
JoeMa is offline  
Old 02-25-2019, 10:27 PM
  #2489  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Central PA
Posts: 1,616
Liked 101 Times in 79 Posts
17 GLS 550
Here is a brief example of the Augmented Reality at work during my test drive:

JoeMa is offline  
Old 02-25-2019, 10:29 PM
  #2490  
DMG
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 46
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
2001 G500
I don't think the upload worked on that video.
DMG is offline  
Old 02-25-2019, 10:30 PM
  #2491  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Central PA
Posts: 1,616
Liked 101 Times in 79 Posts
17 GLS 550
And another:

JoeMa is offline  
Old 02-25-2019, 10:32 PM
  #2492  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Central PA
Posts: 1,616
Liked 101 Times in 79 Posts
17 GLS 550
Originally Posted by DMG View Post
I don't think the upload worked on that video.
I can view it on YouTube from my PC so give it a few more minutes to propagate across the web.
JoeMa is offline  
Old 02-26-2019, 01:15 AM
  #2493  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Germancar1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Dallas TX
Posts: 4,342
Liked 61 Times in 48 Posts
2013 650i Coupe, 2010 IS250 AWD, 1999 S500
Originally Posted by Ron.s View Post

Mercedes has already announced that there were unexpected issues at the Alabama Factory that will result in unplanned lower sales the First Quarter of 2019, reducing profitability. This is in addition to the normal loss from the changeover that began in 2018. Dealers have little or no inventory of the non AMG 2018 GLE to sell. When dealers don’t have cars to sell some customers will buy a different brand and you can’t make up for that loss of business. Winter doesn’t seem to have much effect on sales since GLE peak sales occur in December. GLE sales declined significantly, falling 27.4% in Q4 2018, USA. Q1 2019 will most certainly reflect an even larger decline worldwide. Here’s an excerpt from Mercedes a report:
“Mercedes-Benz unit sales by model-In January, the SUVs from Mercedes-Benz were well below the previous year's high level, with sales of more than 60,000 units of the GLA, GLC, GLC Coupé, GLE, GLE Coupé, GLS and G-Class models (-15.9%). Above all, the GLE model change had a dampening effect on unit sales.”
As with any redesign, the 2020 GLE should have strong sales limited initially by the Alabama Factory production, IMO. My guess is that sales will be strong all of 2019 for this fantastic vehicle.
What announcement? I must have missed that. You mean Mercedes actually issued a press release stating that they had problems at the factory? Yeah I know all the sales stuff from last year. You don't seem to understand that the outgoing GLE production stopped months ago and that of course sales would drop at the end of last year. Last year doesn't count. It's a model end year. The biggest buying seasons for cars in general are spring and year end/winter. All the luxury makes push as much as they can in December, but of course last Dec the GLE was winding down, that won't be the case this year. It's all much ado about nothing. Sales ebb and flow all the time, there is no crisis or profits being lost because of a few months of GLE sales dropping. They will make it up. They have the GLE, GLS and before the end of the year the GLB. All 3 vehicles will be new and add dramatically to their bottom line.

M

Germancar1 is offline  
Old 02-26-2019, 01:18 AM
  #2494  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Germancar1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Dallas TX
Posts: 4,342
Liked 61 Times in 48 Posts
2013 650i Coupe, 2010 IS250 AWD, 1999 S500
Originally Posted by Skizz View Post
I found that to be the case at MB Dallas. Less so at MB Plano. Not really at all at MB McKinney.
That is some dealership, as is the new Audi on 121. They seem kinda close to the Audi and MB stores in Plano, but I guess there are enough money/buyers in all these burbs to sustain them all.

M
Germancar1 is offline  
Old 02-26-2019, 04:56 AM
  #2495  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Dorset, UK
Posts: 576
Liked 49 Times in 46 Posts
GLC 43
Originally Posted by Germancar1 View Post
What announcement? I must have missed that. You mean Mercedes actually issued a press release stating that they had problems at the factory? Yeah I know all the sales stuff from last year. You don't seem to understand that the outgoing GLE production stopped months ago and that of course sales would drop at the end of last year. Last year doesn't count. It's a model end year. The biggest buying seasons for cars in general are spring and year end/winter. All the luxury makes push as much as they can in December, but of course last Dec the GLE was winding down, that won't be the case this year. It's all much ado about nothing. Sales ebb and flow all the time, there is no crisis or profits being lost because of a few months of GLE sales dropping. They will make it up. They have the GLE, GLS and before the end of the year the GLB. All 3 vehicles will be new and add dramatically to their bottom line.

M
And updated GLC, and although not initially planned looks like the MBUX will be fitted to it.
Philamg is online now  
Old 02-26-2019, 11:02 AM
  #2496  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Germancar1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Dallas TX
Posts: 4,342
Liked 61 Times in 48 Posts
2013 650i Coupe, 2010 IS250 AWD, 1999 S500
Originally Posted by Philamg View Post
And updated GLC, and although not initially planned looks like the MBUX will be fitted to it.
Yes it is getting MBUX. It should be revealed later this week or early next week. Interesting considering the GLC and the C_Class are on the same architecture and the facelifted C didn't get MBUX. I wonder if it will get updated with MBUX before it's redesign.

M
Germancar1 is offline  
Old 02-26-2019, 11:10 AM
  #2497  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Central PA
Posts: 1,616
Liked 101 Times in 79 Posts
17 GLS 550
Originally Posted by DMG View Post
Joe, are those exhaust tips functioning or fake on that 450 w/ amg line exterior?
We can put this question to bed for good. If you opt for the AMG Exterior you get functional exhuast tips, just as the DOG says.


JoeMa is offline  
The following 5 users liked this post by JoeMa:
2012MLBlue (02-26-2019), DMG (02-26-2019), Ron.s (02-26-2019), tiri (02-26-2019), turko (02-26-2019)
Old 02-26-2019, 11:35 AM
  #2498  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lake Oswego, OR
Posts: 3,443
Liked 115 Times in 94 Posts
2020 GLE 450 (on order); 2012 ML350; 2015 M4 Coupe
Espresso Brown/Magma Grey

Originally Posted by George Smith View Post


I normally like a brown/gray color combo, but something about Espresso/Magma I don't care for.
GregW / Oregon is offline  
Old 02-26-2019, 12:35 PM
  #2499  
Member
 
tiri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 102
Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts
2016 GLE350d 4Matic; 2001 BMW 740i Sport
Originally Posted by JoeMa View Post
We can put this question to bed for good. If you opt for the AMG Exterior you get functional exhuast tips, just as the DOG says.

I really hope this is the case for the Canadian ones too as there is no mention of functional exhausts in our DOG.
tiri is online now  
The following users liked this post: tiri
GregW / Oregon (02-26-2019)
Old 02-26-2019, 12:41 PM
  #2500  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 66
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
E220d T
Originally Posted by tiri View Post
I really hope this is the case for the Canadian ones too as there is no mention of functional exhausts in our DOG.
Really hope this is the case for EU and specially Sweden!

waiting for confirmation.
Pachole is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Quick Reply: 2020 V167 GLE


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: