GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

2020 GLE 450 MBUX head unit keeps rebooting

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-30-2021, 10:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 79 Likes on 53 Posts
CLK320
Replaced my MBUX unit early February, today it’s broken again. Kept rebooting, earliest appointment is May 14. Got the car feb29 2020, since then I been to the dealer total 5 times. From active sway bar issue to window will not go up.....
Old 05-13-2021, 08:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK320
Dealer told me hard drive replacement no ETA on part. Loaner a 2021 GLC with 79km on it.
Old 05-13-2021, 08:14 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2021 Mercedes Benz GLE 450 4MATIC
Originally Posted by tery
Dealer told me hard drive replacement no ETA on part. Loaner a 2021 GLC with 79km on it.
sounds like what they told me, I even had the same type of loaner. I do have my vehicle back.
Old 05-13-2021, 10:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK320
Originally Posted by Timm29745
sounds like what they told me, I even had the same type of loaner. I do have my vehicle back.
how long you waited for the hard drive ?
Old 05-20-2021, 02:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2021 E53 convertible
Car MBUX was fixed and got my vehicle back, working fine for last week. The MBUX module was replaced.
Old 05-20-2021, 11:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK320
How long did you waited for the unit ? I have no ETA so far. The craziest thing is when it’s rebooting sometime it moves the seat to my wife’s setting during driving
Old 05-21-2021, 07:19 AM

2021 E53 convertible
How long did you waited for the unit ? I have no ETA so far. The craziest thing is when it’s rebooting sometime it moves the seat to my wife’s setting during driving
I took the vehicle 03/15 to dealer and got it back 05/13, wishing your dealer fix it soon for you. Drove GLS, E53 and CLS loaners during that time.
Old 05-21-2021, 07:26 AM

Received 402 Likes on 256 Posts
2020 Mercedes GLE350 4Matic; 2023 Tesla Model Y
It is resetting/repositioning your seat while you are driving?!? That is a safety issue, I would not drive it and demand a loaner until Mercedes can fix it. Your dealer should accommodate.
Old 05-23-2021, 12:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK320
Yes it will reposition while driving. Car is in the dealer for two weeks now. Loaner is a brand news GLC300. No ETA for head unit, I am not very confident with this car. This is the 2nd time head unit getting replace. My last head unit is also the newest part number, they are not very sure this will fix the problem or just a bad batch of hard drive.
Old 05-23-2021, 06:24 AM

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit Reserve
Can I ask what exactly is being replaced? Is it the screen module or a 'black box' somewhere else in the vehicle?
Old 05-23-2021, 10:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK320
Not the screen there I was told the control unit and the hard drive inside is bad
Old 06-02-2021, 01:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK320
Car still at the dealer since may 14
Old 06-12-2021, 04:07 AM

Gle 400d
Originally Posted by rockliffe
My 2020 GLE 450 has suddenly developed a weird problem. Upon startup, the "Mercedes Benz" splash screen on the MBUX main screen displays for longer than normal, and then the radio comes on to some station at a medium volume while the splash screen continues to be displayed. Moving the volume rollers does nothing. Twenty seconds later, the screen goes blank and the radio goes silent. Five seconds later the whole process repeats, endlessly. Basically, MBUX seems to be stuck in a reboot sequence. Restarting the car doesn't make it go away. The instrument cluster is showing normally, but the Airmatic controls do nothing and the ride mode is stuck on C.

Has anyone else seen this?
Hi there,

I have a Gle 400d and have encountered exactly the same problem. I live in Europe Hungary. I was in Italy at that time and took it to the Mercedes Service. They tried a software update no succes. They told me a new central command unit was needed and it would take 3 days to get it. Unfortunately i had to go back to Hungary and took the car there to the service. They refused ron consider the diagnostics made in Italy and the started again. The tried a software update, no succes, a file modification according German idea but no succes.. after one week they declared the same as their italian collegues... the unit they need ia nor available in Europe and it has to be ordered in Usa.. it would take untoll July to have it here, but first Mercedez Hungary needs to approve it is a warranty case...4000 km, 4 weeks old... you have no idea how dissappoonted i am..according to inside info, only at this dealer of mercedz they have encountered the last 3 monrhs 6 similar cases. There is furthermore no communication from their part...i have decided to give back the car with full refund demand and damagw claims.. this is unacceprable amd Mercedez should be real ashamed.. the buyi g price of thw vehicle was 110.000 euro.... big big dissapointment. I undwrstand rhat a problem can occur but i disagree with the service level and the absurd burocracy...
Hey Mercedes ?
What can i do for you ?
Buy me a Bmw and then destroy yourself..
Old 02-13-2022, 05:45 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
CLA 35 AMG 4matic 2022
Headunit ntg6 make sure you get EXACT SAME HEADUNIT

Originally Posted by mbvsbmw
I’m experiencing same Prob with my just delivered ‘21 GLS580. After 4 hours connected to service update, no improvement. Dealer had to order a replacement MBUX head unit [from Germany] and will take 5 working days to arrive. Not sure why this “part” not already Avail in Alabama, since the SUVs are built there? Did screen improve on your GLE?
That part is not made in herelike everything but more importantly it's part chip shortage. DON'T GET SCAMMEDs you would think they have them but this is part of chip shortage. Its tthe Main component they have trouble getting if you have better AR mbux or had mbux high ever without AR they still gave give you same one. ALSO WITH SHORTAGE MAKE SURE THEY GIVE YOU HEADUNIT WITH ALL SAME ABILITIES AS STHEY ARE NOT ALL EQUAL. BETTER SOC IETC. RE e reason it's not available is because this is part causing most delays recently as lot people have AUGMENTED REALITY . REMEMBER YOU MIGHT NOT HAVE IT ON YOUR CAR BUT IT MIGHT STILL HAVE BEEN GIVEN CAR WITH THAT PLUG MAKE SURE THEY GIVE YOU SAME HEADUNIT HIGH NOT MID BECAUSE I'M SURE THEY WILL BE TEMPTRD TO DO THIS TO PEOPLE COMPLAINING ITS TAKING TO LONG. IF THEY DO GIVE YOU LESSER HEADUNIT MAKE SURE ITS TEMPORARY UNTIL THE ONE YOU HAD IS AVAILABLE EVEN IF YOU DON'T PLAN GETTING AUGMENTED REALITY . REASON BEING THE SOC IS BETTER IN THE AR MBUX ONES. USES PARKER 128 VS REILLY PX . IF YOUR CONFUSED ASK THEM TO TAKE PHOTO YOUR OLD HEAD UNIT AS THEY TAKE IT OUT AND PICTURES OF NEW HEADUNIT PICTURES MAKE SURE THERE'S THE plug on bottom marked SPV/AR IS THERE . ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​If you happen have high unit then it'll be longer. The one with AR connection . This however makes me realize that their whole speal about we can't retrofit Augmented reality is BS. I'm EXTENSIVELY KNOWLEDGEABLE ON THIS MATTER . I KNOW EACH COMPONENT BOARD INSIDE AND OTHER THINGS. ​​​​​​​The PDF exist in their own System which I have access to the dealer WIS/EPC ASRA AND XENTRY DIAGNOSTIC.​​​​​​​

Last edited by DREKNOWSBENZ; 02-13-2022 at 06:10 PM.
Old 02-13-2022, 06:11 PM

CLA 35 AMG 4matic 2022
Originally Posted by DREKNOWSBENZ
That part is not made in herelike everything but more importantly it's part chip shortage. DON'T GET SCAMMEDs you would think they have them but this is part of chip shortage. Its tthe Main component they have trouble getting if you have better AR mbux or had mbux high ever without AR they still gave give you same one. ALSO WITH SHORTAGE MAKE SURE THEY GIVE YOU HEADUNIT WITH ALL SAME ABILITIES AS STHEY ARE NOT ALL EQUAL. BETTER SOC IETC. RE e reason it's not available is because this is part causing most delays recently as lot people have AUGMENTED REALITY . REMEMBER YOU MIGHT NOT HAVE IT ON YOUR CAR BUT IT MIGHT STILL HAVE BEEN GIVEN CAR WITH THAT PLUG MAKE SURE THEY GIVE YOU SAME HEADUNIT HIGH NOT MID BECAUSE I'M SURE THEY WILL BE TEMPTRD TO DO THIS TO PEOPLE COMPLAINING ITS TAKING TO LONG. IF THEY DO GIVE YOU LESSER HEADUNIT MAKE SURE ITS TEMPORARY UNTIL THE ONE YOU HAD IS AVAILABLE EVEN IF YOU DON'T PLAN GETTING AUGMENTED REALITY . REASON BEING THE SOC IS BETTER IN THE AR MBUX ONES. USES PARKER 128 VS REILLY PX . IF YOUR CONFUSED ASK THEM TO TAKE PHOTO YOUR OLD HEAD UNIT AS THEY TAKE IT OUT AND PICTURES OF NEW HEADUNIT PICTURES MAKE SURE THERE'S THE plug on bottom marked SPV/AR IS THERE . ​​​​​​​​​f you happen have high unit then it'll be longer. The one with AR connection . This however makes me realize that their whole speal about we can't retrofit Augmented reality is BS. I'm EXTENSIVELY KNOWLEDGEABLE ON THIS MATTER . I KNOW EACH COMPONENT BOARD INSIDE AND OTHER THINGS. The PDF exist in their own System which I have access to the dealer WIS/EPC ASRA AND XENTRY DIAGNOSTIC.

different chipset differences sclass and eqs use Xavier-SoC although the EQS has a better of the 2
​​​​​​​

Last edited by DREKNOWSBENZ; 02-13-2022 at 06:16 PM.
Old 02-13-2022, 06:24 PM

CLA 35 AMG 4matic 2022
Demand they give you HEADUNIT High IF you have mid

Replaced my MBUX unit early February, today it’s broken again. Kept rebooting, earliest appointment is May 14. Got the car feb29 2020, since then I been to the dealer total 5 times. From active sway bar issue to window will not go up.....
Demand better SOC headunit below I've given info on differences. I'm an expert on this subject if anyone needs know mbux issues how to wire upgrade or retrofit augmented reality it can all be done. Just DM me if your in Florida and need help. Depending on headunit you have it's possible I think in their rush pump out chips there where bad batches but you should ask for loaner until they give you better SOC at this point if happened 2 time. Fo

That's different between a mid and high ignore tv/ missing that's on most one that'd have satellite radio here's the specs on different SOC

Old 02-13-2022, 06:26 PM

CLA 35 AMG 4matic 2022
It's called headunit I linked pics

Originally Posted by Professor1234
Can I ask what exactly is being replaced? Is it the screen module or a 'black box' somewhere else in the vehicle?
I post pictures of inside if u have detailed questions like wiring how things talk to eachother vulnerabilities etc I am somewhat of an expert on this area at least.

without having each car hoooked up to my XENTRY i couldn't tell you what chip is going bad but i have my suspicions
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Old 03-21-2022, 02:27 PM

CLA 35 AMG 4matic 2022
Cutting corners

Originally Posted by Lucandzita
Hi there,

I have a Gle 400d and have encountered exactly the same problem. I live in Europe Hungary. I was in Italy at that time and took it to the Mercedes Service. They tried a software update no succes. They told me a new central command unit was needed and it would take 3 days to get it. Unfortunately i had to go back to Hungary and took the car there to the service. They refused ron consider the diagnostics made in Italy and the started again. The tried a software update, no succes, a file modification according German idea but no succes.. after one week they declared the same as their italian collegues... the unit they need ia nor available in Europe and it has to be ordered in Usa.. it would take untoll July to have it here, but first Mercedez Hungary needs to approve it is a warranty case...4000 km, 4 weeks old... you have no idea how dissappoonted i am..according to inside info, only at this dealer of mercedz they have encountered the last 3 monrhs 6 similar cases. There is furthermore no communication from their part...i have decided to give back the car with full refund demand and damagw claims.. this is unacceprable amd Mercedez should be real ashamed.. the buyi g price of thw vehicle was 110.000 euro.... big big dissapointment. I undwrstand rhat a problem can occur but i disagree with the service level and the absurd burocracy...
Hey Mercedes ?
What can i do for you ?
Buy me a Bmw and then destroy yourself..
This is what happens i feel when you try cut corners and what's sad if they equipped our cars with SOC IN A S CLASS OR EQS that has Xavier-SoC I bet your issues been much less. I think the role Mercedes-Benz has had in lying to customers and treating us like disposable trash will backfire. We all u understand chip shod despite the fact many other car manufacturers foresaw this and stocked up. Furthermore backup solutions in case of supply issues proposed where ignored. So they carry part blame in that sense. But they carry all blame in how they handled or majorly mishandled their customers. I have over 3 generations with grandpa worked at plant in Germany on busses pre ww2. Now they lose us because of their lack of customer service
Old 03-22-2022, 07:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,606 Likes on 1,182 Posts
'21 AMG53 wDPP & ARC, 19 GLC300 - Former- 10&14 ML BlueTecs, 20 GLE450 E-ABC, 15 Cayenne D, 17 Macan
Originally Posted by DREKNOWSBENZ
***** despite the fact many other car manufacturers foresaw this and stocked up.*******
I can't think of a manufacturer who had that foresight.
Tesla avoided some of it since they started their company more vertically integrated, which was a trend that started a decade or so ago.
Other than Tesla can you tell us the manufacturers that were unaffected? Thanks.