GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

Lane Keep Assist While Changing Lanes (Driving Assist)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-03-2022, 08:26 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3,239 Likes on 2,018 Posts
AMG GTC Roadster, E63s Ed.1, M8 Comp. Coupe
Originally Posted by Frenetic
If that’s what you can take from five pages, so be it, you’re seeing something different than me.

I’ve already taken it to the dealer and they couldn’t fix it. I’ve been to the useless place three times since I’ve purchased this car four months ago. I pin my hopes on this gentleman https://mbworld.org/forums/glc63s-gl...activated.html. However, I don’t have much faith.
This is exactly what I am reading from these posts.
It's a first for me that a dealer couldn't fix something so small and simple. If this MB dealer appears to be so incapable it would be time to take it to another one. Also, what does the dealer state? Did they replace anything? Be interesting to hear what the repair orders list. Our dealers here are more than happy to do service work. Easy money...

Last edited by Wolfman; 12-03-2022 at 08:30 PM.
Old 12-03-2022, 08:29 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3,239 Likes on 2,018 Posts
AMG GTC Roadster, E63s Ed.1, M8 Comp. Coupe
However, this reinforces how poor this car is designed and built.
This seems to be working for others. That by definition would reinforce the opposite...
Old 12-17-2022, 09:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 698 Likes on 438 Posts
2023 S500
A federal investigator contacted me about this and they are actively investigating this dangerous POS.
Old 12-17-2022, 10:29 PM

Received 203 Likes on 163 Posts
2021 GLC 300 4Matic
A federal investigator contacted me about this and they are actively investigating this dangerous POS.
I think we all understand your dissatisfaction and frustration with your GLE. Is it necessary to continue to call it a POS? I'm not a fanboy of Mercedes or have had any major issues but I find it unnecessary to continue to be so vulgar about it
Old 12-18-2022, 08:55 AM

Received 163 Likes on 124 Posts
2020 GLS580, 2020 Corvette Z51
Originally Posted by Wolfman
I didn't get that impression reading through the responses that they were not helpful. If you don't want to receive any help, simply state in your initial post that you are not interested in help and only wanting to vent.

This thread can be broken down into two options. 1. The option isn't working as intended and requires service/repair or 2. Operator error/misunderstanding the functionality of the feature.
The posts appears to clarify which one of the two options maybe the cause apart from some venting.
If option 1 I suggest to get the car repaired under warranty and update the community of the results as it may help others. If option 2, there should be no need to be defensive; I see posters to be genuinely interested in helping or trying to understand the issue better.
You can have this feature reprogrammed so that it does not "Steer" the car but instead only gives a warning "bump" to the steering wheel when it goes out of its lane.
RJ Automotive (a forum member) can do this.On his website it is shown as : 21. Change Active Lane Assist to passive mode/Lane assist memory - 1 Credit
• For vehicles without driver assistance pack, drivers may find the active lane assist to be quite intrusive. Enabling passive mode makes sure that only a warning is displayed and no further action is taken
Old 12-18-2022, 02:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,597 Likes on 1,175 Posts
'21 AMG53 wDPP & ARC, 19 GLC300 - Former- 10&14 ML BlueTecs, 20 GLE450 E-ABC, 15 Cayenne D, 17 Macan
That's Great News!!!
Now you can focus on the Feds and give them all the damning evidence you've collected.

They said it MAY be investigating 'a related issue' but didn't ID any system, law, regulation or manufacturer. Nothing says they are even looking at a GLE. You are just a source of information at this point.

​​​​​They are asking the same questions that Forum members asked earlier. In this case though, they won't be trying to help - they will be looking for concrete evidence.

We'll be interested in the outcome. Let us know if you find out what they're investigating.

Last edited by mikapen; 12-18-2022 at 08:41 PM.