GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

I’ve seen this somewhere before

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-30-2023 | 10:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

19 E63s(wifeys) & a 21 GLE580
I’ve seen this somewhere before

I haven’t been on here in awhile because, well that’s not important. But I came back to post this picture. Over the last year or two the car has started shaking at times and the CEL has come on (only blinking) but it usually went back off within a few seconds or after I turned the car off. Well this morning it didn’t go off and the car vibrated wildly.
I made it to the dealership and was told that it is probably the ignition coils (I think that’s right) and they are on back order.
Has anyone read or seen this before? I bet it’s just me this one time.
Ignore all the other warning lights, I don’t know why they also came on after about 10 minutes of the CEL.

Old 11-30-2023 | 10:40 AM
Out Of Control!!
MBWorld Ambassador

2017 GLE350 4MATIC
Originally Posted by BACnMercedes
I haven’t been on here in awhile because, well that’s not important. But I came back to post this picture. Over the last year or two the car has started shaking at times and the CEL has come on (only blinking) but it usually went back off within a few seconds or after I turned the car off. Well this morning it didn’t go off and the car vibrated wildly.
I made it to the dealership and was told that it is probably the ignition coils (I think that’s right) and they are on back order.
Has anyone read or seen this before? I bet it’s just me this one time.
Ignore all the other warning lights, I don’t know why they also came on after about 10 minutes of the CEL.

https://mbworld.org/forums/gle-class...e-shaking.html
https://mbworld.org/forums/gle-class...g-startup.html
Old 11-30-2023 | 11:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thanks! This is the best comment of that whole thread though from @FreneticYes, I’m going to take it in but I don’t have much faith and I damn tired of constantly going back there.”
The following users liked this post:
chassis (11-30-2023)
Old 11-30-2023 | 01:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'21 AMG53 wDPP & ARC, 19 GLC300 - Former- 10&14 ML BlueTecs, 20 GLE450 E-ABC, 15 Cayenne D, 17 Macan
I'd say your radar sensors are dirty!
No need to take it to the dealer for that.🙂

Frenetic only went to the dealer once. He sure did complain about the multiple trips he didn't make though.😅
The following 3 users liked this post by mikapen:
BACnMercedes (11-30-2023), Lucky 777 (11-30-2023), TonyF61 (12-01-2023)
Old 11-30-2023 | 01:30 PM

S63, GLE580, Monster 1100S
When it comes to electronics and all the modules in this thing, one electronic error can and usually will lead to a bunch of other faults. I (thankfully) havent had this issue on the 580 but it has popped up on the S once or twice, gone with a solid restart of the car and most of the time it was weather (heavy rain/snow/dirt/debris) related.

On my 580, s63 and other makes/models i've had some hiccups with coil packs here and there resulting in rough idle, misfires, and a CEL. 99% of the time, it was as simple as restarting giving it a rev and no issues from there. I've since gone ahead and had remember start/stop mode coded to eliminate that possible fault from arising (plus the jolt from the S was annoying, 580 isnt bad). Not sure if its actually doing anything but I throw in a bottle of liquimoly fuel system cleaner every 6 months or so.
Old 11-30-2023 | 02:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The car is out of warranty in less than 700 miles. I wanted it checked before then and maybe a solution. Again, every time I restart the car it always clears and usually clears itself. I have also had very rough idles at stops when it seems to try and turn off from the auto start/stop. I can usually kick mine into sport mode and that’s helps as well. I have also found that turning off the auto start/stop seems to help as well. If I keep this much longer, I might start looking into code that part of the system to permanently off, and changing the grill. Definitely the grill.

On another note. The dealer told me to leave this morning, long story, and they would just OTA check the car for problems and codes. They called back and said I didn’t have that on my car and now I needed to bring it back in. Was that something within the subscription stuff I didn’t renew and therefore they cannot see the problems?
Old 11-30-2023 | 06:26 PM

S63, GLE580, Monster 1100S
If you do decide to code it out, I can recommend Peter/BenzNinja. This could be helpful to have on hand before you walk in to the dealer for your pre-warranty end service. He will give you a comprehensive diagnostic breakdown which could help narrow down the core problem you are facing. Any sensors/modules faulty will be identified and a pdf breakdown is provided, and while you are in there get ILS+ and whatever other options you like done also.

Coil packs are finicky so don't lose all faith, hopefully thats the issue and replacement is a quick fix.
Old 11-30-2023 | 08:36 PM
Out Of Control!!
MBWorld Ambassador

2017 GLE350 4MATIC
Originally Posted by BACnMercedes
Thanks! This is the best comment of that whole thread though from @FreneticYes, I’m going to take it in but I don’t have much faith and I damn tired of constantly going back there.”
Yep, @Frenetic has had some great posts. @shotgun_banjo left 167 to return to 166.