GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

GLE 450E trunk cargo matt

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-20-2024, 01:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2024 GLE 450e
GLE 450E trunk cargo matt

Can someone recommend cargo matt for GLE 450E? I wanted to get OEM mat but it looks like they only have one for GLE 450. not 450e. Im not sure if I can use the same one (due to size, battery temperature, etc).

Please share your thoughts.
Old 02-21-2024, 08:18 AM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
2024 GLE450e
Originally Posted by gle450e_ca
Can someone recommend cargo matt for GLE 450E? I wanted to get OEM mat but it looks like they only have one for GLE 450. not 450e. Im not sure if I can use the same one (due to size, battery temperature, etc).

Please share your thoughts.
I have used Weathertech gear in many cars. Good quality. I will want to get one as well. The list the GLE450, but don't get specific about the E. My understanding that the cargo area is identical, except the non-hybrids have a latch where you can access more storage under the panel, and in the hybrid, you cannot.

https://www.weathertech.com/mercedes...g/5-passenger/
Old 02-21-2024, 08:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 719 Likes on 533 Posts
GLE 580
Originally Posted by Joe1005
I have used Weathertech gear in many cars. Good quality. I will want to get one as well. The list the GLE450, but don't get specific about the E. My understanding that the cargo area is identical, except the non-hybrids have a latch where you can access more storage under the panel, and in the hybrid, you cannot.

https://www.weathertech.com/mercedes...g/5-passenger/
I have the weathertech tray, I think the quality has gone downhill, feels cheaper and more flimsy than my last tray from 2008 which was amazing. Unless you're hauling crazy stuff daily, it'll still last but personally I'd go for OEM tray if I could do it again. Things still slide around more than I would like with weathertech and the OEM grid cleat pattern would probably reduce that.

Last edited by wildta; 02-21-2024 at 09:01 AM.
The following users liked this post:
mikapen (02-21-2024)
Old 02-21-2024, 09:09 AM

Received 343 Likes on 183 Posts
2023 GLE 450 4matic
Check out Lloyds mats i have the Northridge and its holding up very well.
Old 02-26-2024, 08:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2024 GLE450e
I bought this one on Amazon and it fit perfect and seems substantial. It came folded up, but a little time in the sun and it has smoothed out nicely:
Mixsuper Custom Fit Cargo Liner for Mercedes-Benz GLE Class 2024 2023 2022 2021 2020, All Weather Cargo Mat for Mercedes Benz GLE Class 5 Passenger, Trunk Mat Anti-Slip Rear Trunk Liner Black Mixsuper Custom Fit Cargo Liner for Mercedes-Benz GLE Class 2024 2023 2022 2021 2020, All Weather Cargo Mat for Mercedes Benz GLE Class 5 Passenger, Trunk Mat Anti-Slip Rear Trunk Liner Black
. And it was only $70 delivered.
Old 02-26-2024, 09:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 GL450
Try Tuxmat. Bought a set for my wife’s GLE450e. Great fit and finish, I have Weathertech for my 535 but really like the look of the Tuxmat.
Old 02-26-2024, 09:16 AM

Received 210 Likes on 137 Posts
2021 GLE450
I've been a WeatherTech guy for as long as I can remember, but I negotiated a free OE cargo tray into my GLE purchase. The OE tray is grippy, durable, and the 360-degree lip would contain spills better than any mat. I became frustrated with the MB after a few months because the square cleats that hold items so well wouldn't allow me to slide items. Putting a golf bag in the trunk, for example, was more difficult than it should have been because I couldn't put the base in then slide it the rest of the way in. I basically had to keep the bag fully suspended until it was in position then lower it straight down -- very awkward and inconvenient.

I replaced the OE tray with a TuxMat, and aesthetically it was a huge improvement. The TuxMat looks great, provides full coverage, and after two years shows no wear whatsoever. Unfortunately, it's not grippy enough. Even when using the WeatherTech cargo management blocks stuff shifts around, and it DRIVES ME CRAZY!!! Just last week I finally put the MB tray back in, which I'll probably regret in short order. If I knew for sure I'd be keeping the car long-term I'd go back to WeatherTech. Nothing else I've found allows things to slip when you want them to, but tightly grips cargo blocks to hold items in place when needed.
Old 02-26-2024, 09:20 AM

2013 GL450
Originally Posted by HotRodW
I've been a WeatherTech guy for as long as I can remember, but I negotiated a free OE cargo tray into my GLE purchase. The OE tray is grippy, durable, and the 360-degree lip would contain spills better than any mat. I became frustrated with the MB after a few months because the square cleats that hold items so well wouldn't allow me to slide items. Putting a golf bag in the trunk, for example, was more difficult than it should have been because I couldn't put the base in then slide it the rest of the way in. I basically had to keep the bag fully suspended until it was in position then lower it straight down -- very awkward and inconvenient.

I replaced the OE tray with a TuxMat, and aesthetically it was a huge improvement. The TuxMat looks great, provides full coverage, and after two years shows no wear whatsoever. Unfortunately, it's not grippy enough. Even when using the WeatherTech cargo management blocks stuff shifts around, and it DRIVES ME CRAZY!!! Just last week I finally put the MB tray back in, which I'll probably regret in short order. If I knew for sure I'd be keeping the car long-term I'd go back to WeatherTech. Nothing else I've found allows things to slip when you want them to, but tightly grips cargo blocks to hold items in place when needed.
Yes ! That is a negative on the Tuxmat. Stuff will slide around, drives me nuts too!!
HotRodW (02-26-2024)
Old 02-26-2024, 01:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 719 Likes on 533 Posts
GLE 580
Originally Posted by HotRodW

Too bad we don't live near one another so we could trade mats.
HotRodW (02-28-2024)
Old 02-28-2024, 03:23 PM

GLE 450e
I bought mine from Amazon and could not be happier.

Amazon Amazon