GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

New (2020) GLE owner. Mercedes Me help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old Today, 08:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 C450, 2017 GLC300
New (2020) GLE owner. Mercedes Me help

Located in Canada and just traded in the wifes GLC for a GLE. Dealer got us setup on Mercedes Me. App is setup as well as 1 yr sub and paired with the car. However, something seems to be wrong.
1. We are not getting any map updates, it says last update 2022 on the app
2. We are not getting live traffic
3. The Mercedes Me logo on MBUX screen is greyed out, should it be bright like the phone reception etc?
4. Tune in is not working
5. I am unable to login on the Mercedes Me Portal website, it goes blank when we try to login. So not sure if something is supposed to be done here. Is the page down?

Remote start works. Are we supposed to setup profiles first before the mentioned issues work? Hoping to get these going as she prefers to use these features. She does not like the mini carplay screen.

Last edited by Kevink15; Today at 08:02 AM.
Old Today, 08:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 C450, 2017 GLC300
Quick update. Able to login to MME portal via the US webpage. It says everything is setup, and I guess maps have to be downloaded? Thought it was OTA? Am I missing a step in connecting the car online to get everything working properly?
Old Today, 09:04 AM

Received 341 Likes on 181 Posts
2023 GLE 450 4matic
Your home region map will update OTA. The rest have to be done with a USB.
Old Today, 09:50 AM

Received 192 Likes on 129 Posts
2020 Mercedes GLE 450
On your Mercedes Me web portal, go to Manage Digital Extras, and Online Map Update, over there, you can select your home region for automatic OTA update (although I am not sure if that part is free or also need the subscription).
For the full map update, you can use the same website and trigger a download. It will download a Mercedes-Benz Download Manager, and will use that to download the full map onto a USB drive (easiest if you have a usb-c drive), and connect to your car once finished to update the map.

Live traffic is part of the Mercedes-Benz Connect subscription. You can check the subscription status on Mercedes store page (on the Mercedes Me portal, go to Manage Digital Extras page, at the bottom, you should see Subscribed Digital Extras, click on "Inform & manage" to go to the store. You will most likely need to login again once you reach there (direct link https://shop.mbusa.com/en-us/connect/ )
On my side, once I click on the subscription, I can see all the features I get, and the expiration date of each. The reason for different expiration date (at least for my side) is that it used to be you have to purchase most things separately (and not all in one subscription), and there are also a few features that were activated late (so the 3 year trial started late) (and I believe only 2020 model year got 3 year trial, newer one only get 1 year)
The following 2 users liked this post by zengshengliu:
mikapen (Today), vincheung (Today)
Old Today, 10:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,606 Likes on 1,182 Posts
'21 AMG53 wDPP & ARC, 19 GLC300 - Former- 10&14 ML BlueTecs, 20 GLE450 E-ABC, 15 Cayenne D, 17 Macan
@zengshengliu that was a lot of work to compile. Great explanation and thanks!

My '21 also has three years free, like your '20.
Old Today, 11:46 AM

2020 Mercedes GLE 450
Originally Posted by mikapen
@zengshengliu that was a lot of work to compile. Great explanation and thanks!
Mercedes website is not the easiest to navigate. They also made a few changes (and break a few things)
For example, mercedes.me use to redirect you to the Mercedes Me Connect portal, but now that page returns 404 (not found). The change the name "services" to "digital extras" (but some place still refer to services), remove some of the eco display information from the web. And the store page, when you try to login, after putting in your username, the password screen will change to a different language (German I assume).
I myself is a software developer so a lot of times I was able to navigate through and find the correct location, but I can imagine others having difficulty navigating though the website.

Originally Posted by mikapen
My '21 also has three years free, like your '20.
They changed it from 3 to 1 year, but I just don't remember which year they made the switch.
Old Today, 01:40 PM

Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts
2024 GLE 350 4MATIC
Originally Posted by zengshengliu
I myself is a software developer so a lot of times I was able to navigate through and find the correct location, but I can imagine others having difficulty navigating though the website.

They changed it from 3 to 1 year, but I just don't remember which year they made the switch
What kind of software development do you do? I was a software developer for many years. Now I teach graduate level Web Programming I and II for the past 6 years.

My 2024 came with only 1 year of Mercedes me.
Old Today, 01:45 PM

2020 Mercedes GLE 450
Originally Posted by graffixnyc
What kind of software development do you do? I was a software developer for many years. Now I teach graduate level Web Programming I and II for the past 6 years.
I am mostly a backend developer, so Java and Python mostly, with a bit of C#. Also play around with some frontend (HTML, Javascript, Typescript) but definitely not good at it.
Originally Posted by graffixnyc
My 2024 came with only 1 year of Mercedes me.
Yep, Mercedes changed it from 3 years to 1 year sometimes ago.
Old Today, 02:41 PM

Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts
2024 GLE 350 4MATIC
Originally Posted by zengshengliu
I am mostly a backend developer, so Java and Python mostly, with a bit of C#. Also play around with some frontend (HTML, Javascript, Typescript) but definitely not good at it.

Nice! Python is one language I have yet to teach myself. I prefer backend as well (I hate CSS as many true programmers do haha). In my web 1 course it focuses more on backend with NodeJS and then Web 2 focuses more on front-end with frameworks like React and NextJS. So I teach all JavaScript. I used to do full stack development usually with SQL server as the DB and various languages for front end (VB.net, C#, ASP.net etc.)