GLE Class (W166) Produced 2015-2019

AMG GLE 43 Coupe - Order Status

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-03-2016, 11:37 AM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
2017 AMG GLE 43 Coupe
AMG GLE 43 Coupe - Order Status

Anybody see any movement on the order status. I finally ordered one this week, took an existing allotment of my dealer.
Its been in B3 status since 7/17.

Anybody see their order status change, just curious. Would be nice if we can start documenting the order progression for the 2017 models.

Thanks
Old 08-03-2016, 03:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'14 E350 4Matic, 900WHP IS300
Originally Posted by greygoos2004
Anybody see any movement on the order status. I finally ordered one this week, took an existing allotment of my dealer.
Its been in B3 status since 7/17.

Anybody see their order status change, just curious. Would be nice if we can start documenting the order progression for the 2017 models.

Thanks
Congrats on the order. Post up the specs of the options you ordered

I wish there was an easier way to track Mercedes cars that were special ordered. Theres no way other than through the dealer if Im not mistaken. When the car is built and the VIN assigned, you can track the car via the boat used to ship the car if its been made in germany (not sure where the GLE Coupe is made)

Btw, what made you decide to order vs picking up a '16?
Old 08-03-2016, 05:16 PM

2017 AMG GLE 43 Coupe
Originally Posted by Yogujuhere
Congrats on the order. Post up the specs of the options you ordered
Here you go:
GLE43C4
Obsidian Black Metallic
Black Pearl Nappa Leather w/Red Stitiching
Premium 3 Package
Passenger Seat w/Memory & Lumbar Support
Rear Side Air Bags
Black Roof Liner
22” AMG Twin 5-spoke Wheeels w/Black Accents
Anthracite Poplar Wood
Bang & Olufsen BeoSound System
Soft Close Doors
Parking Assist Package

Btw, what made you decide to order vs picking up a '16?
Both models were the same price (discounted). At the rate these vehicles depreciate, a newer model just made sense. Also, the B & O was a big plus. I know I am sacrificing the spare tire but that's what roadside assistance is for and like someone mentioned in another post, I will be enjoying some good music while waiting and getting yelled at by my wife !
Old 08-05-2016, 02:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,105 Likes on 810 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
GLE "Coupe" is made in Vance - and frankly your dealer will have good info for you on the the order/build/ship/delivery schedule - at the moment the actual factory completion is running on schedule to forecast build window.

1) You should get a copy of the confirmed factory PO to re-check that build order repsents your specs - it's your job to double check that - in case dealer "misses anything" and BEFORE that order/build slot closes for changes.

2) Dealer can give you "build decade" which is factory projected 10 day window

3) about 3-4 weeks from that build date dealer can give you updated "production date" as the factory assigns that

4) Dealer can give you estimate transit time from completion date to delivery to you at the dealership

All straight forward - no mystery
Old 08-05-2016, 04:13 PM

2017 AMG GLE 43 Coupe
Originally Posted by fabbrisd1
GLE "Coupe" is made in Vance - and frankly your dealer will have good info for you on the the order/build/ship/delivery schedule - at the moment the actual factory completion is running on schedule to forecast build window.

1) You should get a copy of the confirmed factory PO to re-check that build order repsents your specs - it's your job to double check that - in case dealer "misses anything" and BEFORE that order/build slot closes for changes.

2) Dealer can give you "build decade" which is factory projected 10 day window

3) about 3-4 weeks from that build date dealer can give you updated "production date" as the factory assigns that

4) Dealer can give you estimate transit time from completion date to delivery to you at the dealership

All straight forward - no mystery
Thanks Fabrisd1.
I checked with my dealer today and he opened netstar and I was able to gather the following info:
Planned Date - 3rd Decade in August
Actual Date - 2nd Decade in August
Production Date - 8/17/2016
Status - B3

Question: The production date, is that when the car is complete or starts ?
Old 08-05-2016, 09:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A gaggle of MB's
Well - did you recheck the factory order to see if the specs/options on that order matched what you wanted ?

A strong suggestion for you - ask your dealer/salesperson - "based on Aug 17 production date when can I reasonably expect delivery?".

Yes - there is a process based on factory "production date" - which gets released to VPC - then VPC inspects and/or adds VPC installed options - then ready date at VPC - then release to carrier at VPC - etc...

Frankly - all that detail/update will just burn-your-brain - build "pre-delivery anxiety" - and I have seen it turn expectant owners into whiny pre-teens.

The only concern - based on "production date" when will the rig be reasonably expected for delivery... bada..bada...boom..
Old 08-05-2016, 10:10 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Ordered AMG GLE 63 S Coupe
I ordered a 2016 GLE63 on 2/23/16. In May the dealership told me that I have to wait for the 2017. After doing research on my own, I discovered that the cut off date for submitting orders for the 2016s was 2/25/16. Apparently, my dealership took their time submitting the order and missed the cut off for the 2016. So now my 2017 is supposed to be built in the first decade of August. I will have to contact my dealership about delivery date. In addition, I was not able to make any small changes like adding Dinamica steering wheel to my 2017 because by the time the MB website posted the 2017 build, mine was already in "Red." Which I guess means that no changes at that point are able to be made. This process has been a pain😬
Old 08-06-2016, 12:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 80 Likes on 54 Posts
CLK320
I feel your pain, I order GLS350 back 2015 December 8th. Two weeks before deliver date April 28th they told me diesel problem with epa it's not possible to deliver me the car. I went in try to change my order to a GLS550 and dealer told me they don't know when it will be build and they need another 8k for deposit. At this point I totally lost it, you want me to pay more and I can't even have a rough idea when I can have the car. And MB are the one who did not Notify me the diesel problem earlier. I later call Mercede Canada and they told me start of March they already knew the diesel problem and later help me change my order to GLE43 which is finally on its way here now. I really don't understand why it's so hard to order a car from Mercedes.
Old 08-06-2016, 02:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A gaggle of MB's
In the 1st case - US GLE63 - frankly it's the dealer who has not been transparent.

At the time of the original order - that situation quite well could have been the dealer at that time did not have a existing order slot for GLE63 (which are limited and "allocated").

At the time he took that order - rather than negotiating with another dealer to assume/take-over the other dealer's slot - they "submitted" the order - in the hope it would be "picked up" by the factory as a extra unit.

Obviously the order wasn't confirmed - and obviously they could not secure another GLE63/slot from another dealer.

They were able to secure a 2017 slot - and got a rig on order with the factory - and they slipped up again - as they should have gone over your build features with you again - if for no other reason than to confirm feature-by-feature - and as you say they slipped up there too.

On the 2nd situation - which is on a GLS - and this is a GLE forum - noone new at the time the 1st GLS350's were ordered - and produced - the big mess caused by VW scamming both the US and Canada - and the backlash in both countries.

The dealer there - just seems to me - gave up, and got sour and glad thru MB you got a new rig on order - and frankly it was a extreme situation on the GLS350 for everybody, and I am grateful thru MB-Can you got everything worked out.

Keep the beat !
Old 08-06-2016, 08:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK320
Thanks for explaining fabbrisd1. It seems like you have knowledge on how MB dealer works. But as a customer shouldn't I be inform about my order if something like this goes wrong ? Don't MB North America has some SOP on sales ? And it's really not until I complaint to MB Canada then the dealer call me back and start telling me they will do something about it.

It's seem reasonable for them to just drop the ball and call it the day and let the customer figure out what to do ? Sorry for so many questions, but I am trying to understand am I asking too much or being unreasonable to my dealer.

Btw any way you able to track where my GLE43 with rail status ? Possible with VIN ? i know my sales can but they are on Vacation.

Last edited by tery; 08-06-2016 at 09:05 AM.
Old 08-06-2016, 06:34 PM

2017 AMG GLE 43 Coupe
Well - did you recheck the factory order to see if the specs/options on that order matched what you wanted ? .
Yup, Did that. Also, this is from their allotment, didn't have much choice in customization.

A strong suggestion for you - ask your dealer/salesperson - "based on Aug 17 production date when can I reasonably expect delivery?".
They are trying to play it safe, they give me a range of 7-10 days. Also, these guys have been good to me. I traded in my 16 E 400 for the 43. They have given me a 16 E 350 as a loaner (from their new inventory), so, I am good. Their goal is to get their loaner back as quickly as possible considering the miles I am tacking on because of my work.

He did make one comment though that sounded odd. He said, you need to realize while the orders are now for the 17 year models, MB has not officially announced the release of the 17 GLE 43 yet. Not sure what it means !
Old 08-12-2016, 08:01 PM

2017 AMG GLE 43 Coupe
Update:
Production complete and VPC received the vehicle today.
Hoping next week is delivery!

Last edited by greygoos2004; 08-12-2016 at 08:02 PM. Reason: Correcting the iPhone auto correct
Old 08-12-2016, 11:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A gaggle of MB's
I hope that your production GLE43 has all the options you ordered - some early production don't - like over 60% of GLE43's to date ran short of Blind-Spot/Lane-Assist - which will show as a credit on the window sticker - dealer WON'T know until they have hands on - since this kind of "feature shortage" will not show on their original dealer invoice from the factory.

I am not saying your rig will have a "shortage" - but I am saying you have to check after it is received in by the dealer.
Old 08-13-2016, 12:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK320
Dose this shortage apply to both SUV and coupe version ?
Old 08-13-2016, 01:41 PM

2017 AMG GLE 43 Coupe
I hope that your production GLE43 has all the options you ordered - some early production don't - like over 60% of GLE43's to date ran short of Blind-Spot/Lane-Assist - which will show as a credit on the window sticker - dealer WON'T know until they have hands on - since this kind of "feature shortage" will not show on their original dealer invoice from the factory.

I am not saying your rig will have a "shortage" - but I am saying you have to check after it is received in by the dealer.
Fabbrisd1,
Thanks for the heads up, where do you get this Intel from, you a dealer or something? But thank you, I will be on the lookout, so, looks like at this point I have to see the actual vehicle to figure out if these options made it or not.
Dealers problem to get me the right vehicle.
Old 08-19-2016, 01:22 PM

2017 AMG GLE 43 Coupe
Vehicle is at the dealership.

Going to pick it up today, if possible.
Old 08-19-2016, 08:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'14 E350 4Matic, 900WHP IS300
Post pics and tell us your impressions buddy!
Old 08-20-2016, 02:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK320
I know this thread is for the coupe, just want to share I picked up GLE43 SUV today.

Last edited by tery; 08-20-2016 at 02:26 AM.
Old 08-22-2016, 10:47 AM

2017 AMG GLE 43 Coupe
Post pics and tell us your impressions buddy!
https://mbworld.org/forums/gle-class...pressions.html