Sponsored By:

Eurocharge Tune

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2021, 01:17 PM

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts
W205, W124, W166
Eurocharge Tune

So I have had 2 piggy back tunes - Dinanrontics and Race GTS Black. I have to say they have been great for me. The Race Chip definitely made my GLE400 a much more pleasurable car to drive. But now I am looking at getting a full custom tune. Does anyone have any experience with the Eurocharge tune for their GLE? I'm in Houston and work right down the street from them so its much more convenient. I'll most likely get the tune with the next couple of weeks and sell my race chip.
Old 06-21-2021, 02:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 374 Likes on 326 Posts
Only MBs - the best or nothing
Originally Posted by phamq1979
So I have had 2 piggy back tunes - Dinanrontics and Race GTS Black. I have to say they have been great for me. The Race Chip definitely made my GLE400 a much more pleasurable car to drive. But now I am looking at getting a full custom tune. Does anyone have any experience with the Eurocharge tune for their GLE? I'm in Houston and work right down the street from them so its much more convenient. I'll most likely get the tune with the next couple of weeks and sell my race chip.
How would you compare Dinan vs. Racechip? (I assume Dinan was not enough, hence Racechip.)

Would you go as far as to say that Racechip gives the same improvement over Dinan as the improvement Dinan was providing over stock?
Old 06-21-2021, 09:06 PM

W205, W124, W166
Originally Posted by threeMBs
How would you compare Dinan vs. Racechip? (I assume Dinan was not enough, hence Racechip.)

Would you go as far as to say that Racechip gives the same improvement over Dinan as the improvement Dinan was providing over stock?

I would definitely say without a doubt that the Race Chip GTS is a major improvement over the Dinan. The GTS is very noticeable. I can slowly pull on my friend's stock GLE43 in race mode on the race chip. The dinan IMO didn't do enough. It's good for the money no doubt but it leaves me wanting for more.
So now I'm loo at a full on tune. I daily drive this so I'm not looking to add anything that would damage the internals.

Last edited by phamq1979; 06-21-2021 at 09:10 PM.
Old 06-22-2021, 08:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thanks. Looks like GLE400 benefits more from Racechip GTS than GLE43 based on GTS' max power gains numbers (it might be the opposite for Dinan). I was considering to improve on Dinan, but my '19 GLE43 (385HP stock) with Dinan (always set to Race) and car set to Sport is satisfying enough and when I want more, I put car in Sport+.

Dinan in Race combined with 43 in Sport+ and SprintBooster (in red) transforms the car into a mini 63. Where 43 falls far short of 63 is in braking (not much can be done about it unless big $$$ spent on Big brakes) and ride/handling(my 43 does not have 63's ActiveCurve).

My point is one can tune engine to the max possible, but then car's shortcomings in handling and especially braking will be even more exacerbated. I had a '16 GLE400 loaner a few years back, its handling and braking was as well short of 43's as 43's was well short of 63's (I also have '15 ML63 PP). IMHO engine tuning of 400 without addressing braking and handling may make the car more imbalanced.
Old 06-22-2021, 05:07 PM

Received 135 Likes on 108 Posts
Aston Martin Vantage, GLE 43 AMG, Volvo XC60, BMW X1 35i, Ram 1500, BMW Z4 35i
Originally Posted by threeMBs
Thanks. Looks like GLE400 benefits more from Racechip GTS than GLE43 based on GTS' max power gains numbers (it might be the opposite for Dinan). I was considering to improve on Dinan, but my '19 GLE43 (385HP stock) with Dinan (always set to Race) and car set to Sport is satisfying enough and when I want more, I put car in Sport+.

Dinan in Race combined with 43 in Sport+ and SprintBooster (in red) transforms the car into a mini 63. Where 43 falls far short of 63 is in braking (not much can be done about it unless big $$$ spent on Big brakes) and ride/handling(my 43 does not have 63's ActiveCurve).

My point is one can tune engine to the max possible, but then car's shortcomings in handling and especially braking will be even more exacerbated. I had a '16 GLE400 loaner a few years back, its handling and braking was as well short of 43's as 43's was well short of 63's (I also have '15 ML63 PP). IMHO engine tuning of 400 without addressing braking and handling may make the car more imbalanced.
I'm generally in the same boat. since this is not my daily driver (wife... and she drives in comfort...)
While I would like the slight increase the RaceChip GTS offers over Dinan, I already have the Dinan.

Sure, brakes are a bit soft, but it's not like I'm going to track this GLE.. spirited jaunts to 125 mph on on ramps and Sunday twisty high speed drives work well enough.

I have active curve and it's real nice on this SUV with a higher CG than my sports car
Old 06-22-2021, 05:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by whitewagon
I have active curve and it's real nice on this SUV with a higher CG than my sports car
Yes I know. You have one of the very few 43 SUVs equipped with AC. I know it makes quit a big difference in cornering/changing direction while at the same time smoothing out on bumps. Amazing system. I have compensated in cornering by widening the track - front by 40mm and rear by 30mm, of course it does absolutely nothing to help on bumpy roadways.

Going back to the topic. I had '14 ML550 prior to '15 63PP. 550 had amazing acceleration until you had to corner at speeds, that's when all the fun was ending. Tuned 400 to above 400HP will "suffer" the same as 550(with 400+HP and 440+TQ) was, hence I would not do it.

Last edited by threeMBs; 06-23-2021 at 12:55 PM.
Old 06-24-2021, 09:36 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W204 C63 AMG
I have had my Eurocharged tune on 43 AMG for about 2 months and I love it! I drive the AMG like it’s meant to be driven and it never skips a beat.
such a great tune with perfect ramp up from comfort to sport to sport+.
epic turbo backfire/crackle on upshift and smooth power delivery.
could not recommend them more.
​​​​​​​the guys were super friendly and helpful!
Old 10-13-2021, 07:47 AM

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts
2022 GLE 450/2020 Gen 2 Raptor/few others
phamq1979,

Did you go to Eurocharge in Houston?
Old 10-13-2021, 09:59 AM

W205, W124, W166
Originally Posted by Zeusmotorworks
phamq1979,

Did you go to Eurocharge in Houston?
I ended up going with an OE Tune. I know Eurocharge is fantastic because a lot of my buddies here in Houston run it in the cars. I decided on OE because they took the opportunity to reach out to me a few months back introducing themselves, who they were, what they did, how their tunes run, etc. By them doing that really showed me their customer service and that was my reason for going with them. Now that I've had their tune for a couple months, all I can say that it is fantastic!!! I also bought the handheld Tuner so it made everything so easy.

I ended up getting burble tune as well. But I need to get some down pipes soon because I cannot hear it with my stock ones. I just found a used GLE 63 AMG muffler for a really good price that I'm about to weld on. So we'll see how that goes. Lol
The following users liked this post:
SALES@OETUNING (10-14-2021)
Old 10-13-2021, 08:18 PM

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts
2022 GLE 450/2020 Gen 2 Raptor/few others
Thanks for the response. Had a GLC AMG 63 on order for the wife, but found a nicely equipped GLE 450 and the dealer the 63 was ordered under had last minute $5k bump in price. So GLE it is. The wife just wishes it had a little more pep. Renntech I'm sure is tried n true but ridiculously expensive. Eurocharge seems to have a great reputation and also puts their money where their mouth is. I may have to stop in on them when I'm in town next. I'm north shore of Lake Travis so it's a haul and not often.