GLE43 Coupe (C292) 2016 - Present (Includes GLE450 Coupe)
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Gle 43 vs gle 63s handling

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-07-2017, 10:01 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Gle 43 vs gle 63s handling and q on few options

hello folks !
i tried the gle 63s as it had the multicontour seats option and std active curve assist

OMG, the car just does not lean in corners and is a nice sounding rocket , the multi contours were nice too as you can adjust the seat to your liking
i wanna get the gle 43 amg with multi contour seats and curve assist ,

how is the gle 43 handling with curve assist option compared to gle 63s?

Thx

Last edited by smjc_99; 11-08-2017 at 06:49 AM.
Old 11-07-2017, 11:32 PM

Received 131 Likes on 114 Posts
AMG GLE43 Coupe
Active Curve System

I have the Active Curve System on my GLE43 Coupe. While I've never test driven the 63, theoretically, the feature should work the same. Maybe even better in the 43, due to it being a few hundred pounds lighter. Also, the effects of the system vary based on the selected Drive Mode. E.g. Sport Mode reduces lean more than Comfort. Sport + does the same to an even greater degree. It works great in my car! Personally, I never even considered NOT adding this option. It's one of those features that's seamlessly implemented. For such a large, heavy vehicle, the ACS makes it feel downright nimble. Check out the video below.

Old 11-08-2017, 07:00 AM

Thanks gle43-sube
i was really Impressed with the active curve and normally I dislike the head to head side movement in a SUV but here there was none and cornering was fun and sitting high and enjoying curves is awesome

few q's while I am building my gle 43 coupe as I am not sure about acoustic glass, 3 zone climate and magic vision vipers . I am getting soft close for the coolness of it and getting brown leather as it lets me have multi contour seats
1) in individual mode where I can tailor to my needs ,
and if I set engine to comfort, do you set suspension to sport to get a more aggressive setting of active curve ?
2) acoustic front glass ? If This option reduces heat and especially sound , will it also not reduce the sound from exhaust blips etc in sport/sport plus?
3) three zone climate option : have folks found this option effective and useful ?
4) magic vision wipers , effective?
5) I liked multi contour in my short test drive of gle 63s , in gle 43 coupe, do the multi contour seats adjust shoulder width and bottom seat length in addition to side bolsters ?

thx again
Old 11-08-2017, 09:14 AM

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
2017 mercedes GLE 43 coupe
The acoustic glass helps give me a quiet ride,which is why I got it.
I never leave the Comfort-mode setting,& really don't want to hear the exhaust.

...and yes,I'm an old fart.
Old 11-08-2017, 09:36 AM

AMG GLE43 Coupe

Originally Posted by smjc_99
Thanks gle43-sube
i was really Impressed with the active curve and normally I dislike the head to head side movement in a SUV but here there was none and cornering was fun and sitting high and enjoying curves is awesome
My build is attached.
few q's while I am building my gle 43 coupe as I am not sure about acoustic glass, 3 zone climate and magic vision vipers . I am getting soft close for the coolness of it and getting brown leather as it lets me have multi contour seats
1) in individual mode where I can tailor to my needs ,
and if I set engine to comfort, do you set suspension to sport to get a more aggressive setting of active curve ?
That's a very good question, and the first time I've heard anyone ask. Yes, that's exactly how it works. As I'm sure you've already seen in the video, the ACS also works to "smooth" out the ride while in Comfort mode. During the break-in period, they recommend staying in "Comfort". I used "Individual", thereby allowing me to have "Comfort" engine, "Sport" steering and "Sport" suspension.
2) acoustic front glass ? If This option reduces heat and especially sound , will it also not reduce the sound from exhaust blips etc in sport/sport plus? I can see you've done your homework. I've never made an A/B comparison. I don't recall whether or not the vehicle I test drove prior to ordering had that feature. But I can say this. I have it, and I have no problem hearing those glorious exhaust blips.
3) three zone climate option : have folks found this option effective and useful ? Yes. If you care anything about your rear-seat passengers, this is a must. Not only do they get to control their own zone temperature, but you must get this feature to get "B" pillar air vents.
4) magic vision wipers , effective? Absolutely! Watch the video. They work exactly as depicted. You have to pay close attention to even notice the washer fluid. Amazing!
5) I liked multi contour in my short test drive of gle 63s , in gle 43 coupe, do the multi contour seats adjust shoulder width and bottom seat length in addition to side bolsters ? I don't have these. I have the Nappa Leather Sport Seats. I'm not sure about shoulder "width", but I know none of the seats extend the seat bottom length (like BMW). Be advised, the seats you sat on in the 63 are the "Exclusive" Nappa Leather. These are completely different than the 43's seats. Below is from the MY2018 Ordering Guide. It goes like this:

MB-Tex -- Multi-Contour Seats w/Massage AVAILABLE, Heated and Ventilated seats NOT Available
Leather -- Multi-Contour Seats w/Massage AVAILABLE, Heated and Ventilated seats AVAILABLE

Nappa Leather -- Multi-Contour Seats w/Massage NOT available, * Heated and Ventilated seats NOT available.
Designo Nappa Leather -- Multi-Contour Seats w/Massage AVAILABLE, Heated and Ventilated seats AVAILABLE

* Not sure if this is accurate, as I have heated Nappa Leather seats in the front and rear. The Ventilated seats were NOT available with this seat configuration.

thx again
MY2018 Ordering Guide: https://mbworld.org/forums/gle43-cou...questions.html

Magic Vision:

Last edited by GLE43_Sube; 11-08-2017 at 09:42 AM.
Old 11-08-2017, 10:11 AM

Thanks for the detailed response GLE43_SUBE,

1) Seats: I know the seats in GLE 63 are nicer but I am fine with the Multi contour as it gives more adjustments, wish they gave a napa option for multi contour and i saw the white designo and imo was not that great ( I like the designo white in S class etc but did not look that great in GLE 43 amg)
I just wanna confirm if there is shoulder adjustment as it did not have it on the GLE 63s coupe Multi contour seats
2) I might as well add acoustic glass and 3 zone temp control( thx for pointing out the addtl vents)
3) Air ionization is like a air cleaner ?
4) Illuminating running boards may look nice too
Old 11-08-2017, 10:30 AM

AMG GLE43 Coupe
Thanks for the detailed response GLE43_SUBE,

1) Seats: I know the seats in GLE 63 are nicer but I am fine with the Multi contour as it gives more adjustments, wish they gave a napa option for multi contour and i saw the white designo and imo was not that great ( I like the designo white in S class etc but did not look that great in GLE 43 amg)
I just wanna confirm if there is shoulder adjustment as it did not have it on the GLE 63s coupe Multi contour seats. Hopefully, someone on this forum who has them can comment.
2) I might as well add acoustic glass and 3 zone temp control( thx for pointing out the addtl vents) Why not? It's a pittance in the overall vehicle cost.
3) Air ionization is like a air cleaner ? Think of it like a cabin air filter on steroids. From the website:

Dual activated charcoal filters team with an ionizer that uses an electrical charge to create the same fresh-air sensation you experience after a summer storm. Airborne impurities and odors are virtually eliminated from the cabin to provide air quality that's more enjoyable and healthier, especially for those with asthma or allergies.

4) Illuminating running boards may look nice too. Another must have. Personally, I don't really need them for getting in and out. All of my kids are grown and out of the nest. But they just look sooooo cool!!! One word of caution though. They are aluminum, which we all know is a very soft metal, and therefore prone to scratching. One day I just happened to park next to an older MB that had them. It looked like the driver and passengers had been getting in and out of the car with sandpaper attached to the soles of their shoes. They looked horrible. It was mainly the edges that were scratched. Maybe this wouldn't happen with sneakers or other soft sole shoes. I don't know. However, since I saw that, I actually step "over" them. I know, I know....it sounds crazy. But like I said, I got them purely for looks.
I'm excited for you!
Old 11-11-2017, 09:30 AM

AMG GLE43 Coupe

smjc_99,

Here are some accessories you might be interested in.

If you're a non-smoker and would like to replace the ashtray with this rubber storage tray, I got the part no. (1666830394) from my Service Dept. They refer to it as simply "Insert". You can order it here:

https://mercedespartscenter.com/part...&siteid=215720

I replaced the cigarette lighter with one of these:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00E1UWA4O/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_28?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00E1UWA4O/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_28?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

MB doesn't make mud flaps for GLE43 Coupe, only the wagon. I found these in China. They're NOT generic. They're made specifically for the GLE43 Coupe and fit perfectly.

https://mbworld.org/forums/gle43-cou...mud-flaps.html

Don't buy wheel locks from the dealer. They'll charge you $150. I bought these online for $75. They are genuine OEM MB wheel locks. They come with the case too, although not pictured in this ad. As I took delivery of my new car, I handed them to my salesman and said, "Oh, can the service dept install these while we finish the paperwork?" What is he going to say after just closing the deal, "No"? Of course not. I ended up getting them for half price with free installation.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-GENUINE-MERCEDES-BENZ-WHEEL-LOCK-SET-BLACK-OR-SILVER-GLK-CLASS-X204-/271942069360?var=&hash=item3f5102ac70:m:mDLYvSW99W lxhgXykxDOXyg&vxp=mtr

Last edited by GLE43_Sube; 11-11-2017 at 09:41 AM.
Old 11-11-2017, 03:30 PM

Getting saddle brown interior :is there any std stitching ? and what do you get with dashboard stitching option ?

Exterior color is tbd between white and brilliant blue , any one has this blue?
Are there any other options not on configuration that needs to be considered before finalizing order?
Old 11-11-2017, 04:58 PM

AMG GLE43 Coupe
Stitching

Getting saddle brown interior :is there any std stitching ? and what do you get with dashboard stitching option ?

Exterior color is tbd between white and brilliant blue , any one has this blue?
Are there any other options not on configuration that needs to be considered before finalizing order?
Regarding stitching, please see pics. "Standard" stitching is depicted by the "white" arrows. The "red" arrows show the "Topstitched Dash" option, which is black. The name is little deceiving, since all models have stitching on top of the dash as standard. You didn't mention which interior trim you're getting. I included some pics of your selected interior, Saddle Brown, which comes with contrasting white stitching. This is from a build created on the Canadian website.

You may want to consider the Lockable Rear Compartment. It's a convenient, often overlooked feature. Make sure you specify which headliner you want....black, gray or porcelain.

Last edited by GLE43_Sube; 11-11-2017 at 05:21 PM.
Old 11-11-2017, 05:18 PM

AMG GLE43 Coupe
Brilliant Blue & Polar White

Some sample pics of your build.
Old 11-11-2017, 05:42 PM

Thx gle43_sube, I am happy with the way saddle and white stitching looks , so not gettingdashboard stitching . Thx for the heads up on the headliner as it was not mentioned anywhere will specify black and I am getting the additional locking Area . My trim is anthracite

I saw a brilliant blue c63 coupe in the sun and it looked real nice , bright but not too hash

I might stick with BB instead of white but not sure yet , lol