GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

GLK Rants

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 08:10 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
GLK Matte Silver|MB Arts strut tower brace|MB Arts rear brace|Shaved door and bumper trim|K&N's|
Originally Posted by ben-c
I'm sure you'll get a little quicker response in the twisties, but I don't think a strut brace will do anything to eliminate or even reduce the common criticism of head toss, particularly at low speeds.
Next on the list is lowering my ride with a nice suspension upgrade which will make a huge difference at all speeds
Old 07-18-2009, 02:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 GLK350 4Matic Sport
Are you serious?!
I'm not into lowered trucks myself, but would love to see a lowered GLK, esp if you got the 20's. Post pics!
BTW do it properly and it should def eliminate your complaint of sway... DO IT!
Old 07-18-2009, 10:44 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
GLK Matte Silver|MB Arts strut tower brace|MB Arts rear brace|Shaved door and bumper trim|K&N's|
Originally Posted by ben-c
Are you serious?!
I'm not into lowered trucks myself, but would love to see a lowered GLK, esp if you got the 20's. Post pics!
BTW do it properly and it should def eliminate your complaint of sway... DO IT!
Yes I am serious. I would lower it roughly 2 inches which would still leave a small gap from tire to fender, nothing to crazy. I have gone over a couple of designs with my fabricator for a custom coilover setup with 12 way adjustable shocks. I do have the factory 20's on my ride. I used to have complaints with the amount of sway, but the strut tower brace has helped tremendously. The suspension upgrade would definently help to get rid of the remaining sway.
Old 07-19-2009, 01:05 AM

2010 GLK350 4Matic Sport
I always worry that lowering an SUV would make it look too much like a stationwagon. But I've seen some pics of lowered GLKs with big wheels and they look pretty sporty.
Old 07-24-2009, 11:01 PM

2010 GLK350 4matic Blk w/Beige Artico/Wlnt. PP,SP,MMI,C-Nav,Xenon,AlumBoards+20's,Tow Hitch,
I love my GLK. I dont care that the black paint shows all the dirt. In fact, it makes me feel better when this car looks grubby. Cos then I know its being used the way it should.

Anyway. I noticed two things when it rains.
1) All that lovable dirt leaves my car. I can live with that.
2) Verticle rain comes inside the car when the windows are open, including the run-off from the roof. And this threatens the electronic buttons on the door panels.

So I now fear opening the windows on a hot muggy wet humid Toronto summers rainy day.

I did not have this problem with my Suzuki Sidekick convertible Gold Rush edition. There was nothing electric in that car so nothing could go wrong, except that 8 years of rain inside did rot my floor panels, but what you dont see cant hurt you.

Anyway. I would like to know if anyone installed the window extension moldings on their GLK, and if so, did it stop or drastically reduce internal rain falls? how much and where from?
Old 07-25-2009, 09:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 114 Likes on 94 Posts
GLK 350 / Porsche 993
LOL
Why not keep windows closed and just air out the car before you get in. You can open windows with remote and use MAX A/C button when you start the car.

Rainguards that you mentioned would def help to keep windows open slightly, but they might create some road noise and most of them are stick ons.