GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

About to purchase 2010 GLK

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 10:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLK350
Question About to purchase 2010 GLK

Hello gang about to get a 2010 CPO with 13.2K miles for about $35K.
Fully loaded navi, pano roof, 20" wheels, 4 motion, Upgraded audio with subs, premium and sport pkg. This toy will be for my wife as a Daily Driver.
Commutes to/from work total of about 15 miles each day.

She likes the look, likes the luxury feel of MB and especially loves the electronic gadgets galore inside it. For road trips we take other cars.

Sounds like good deal considering options on it and intended use?

Thanks in Advance...
Old 02-14-2011, 10:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 114 Likes on 94 Posts
GLK 350 / Porsche 993
welcome

sounds like great deal

it's 4matic, not 4 motion, guessing you have or have been looking at VWs

I think GLK makes great road trip car and so so commuter car due to crappy mpg. Watch out with those 20 inch rims, they love curbs.
Old 02-14-2011, 11:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Nissan GT-R BE / '12 Ducati-1199 Panigale S / '12 C300-4M Loaded/GLK350-4M Loaded
Perfect daily driver for those that can afford the soon to be $5.00/gal gas prices! The poor mileage isn't for the meek.
Old 02-14-2011, 12:42 PM

GLK350
Wife coming off of Jetta TDi. We saw this at dealer and looks great with lots of options. The techy stuff is what we like about it. $5 gallon gas is sure to happen sooner or later again so guess it will look pretty gathering dust in the garage!
We like to drive around on the weekend and usually took the TDi for that. Also have an E90 BMW with mpg in 30s. Guess worst case scenario G sits and we enjoy the Bimmer.
Any other concerns about the G?

Thx guys!
Old 02-14-2011, 01:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 114 Likes on 94 Posts
GLK 350 / Porsche 993
what techy stuff? I think chevy or Ford has more techy stuff standard.

When I was posting about crappy MPG I also had small gas tank in mind. If i average 17mpg, which is really good for winter, range is less than 300 miles. I think those TDI jettas go for over 600 miles on one tank. Not a deal breaker but be preapared to go to gas station more often.

The best things about GLK IMO are
1) Boxy look - subjective, but I like G-wagen, new 4runner, and range rovers
2) AWD - no problem getting through snow even on stock 20's, although at higher speeds snow tires are needed.
3) high ground clearance - so I don't rip my bumper off pulling into gas station.
4) torquey engine with good tranny
Old 02-14-2011, 02:19 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
none
yup good car. Of course as others have mentioned it's nice inside. Not really that techy. It's probably a generation or two behind offerings from the really tech leaders. And of course the low mileage is the only real negative I have so far. Make sure you don't have any issues with people getting in/out of the back since the door openings are on the small/awkward shaped side back there.

I'm only getting about 16mpg or so in winter here. As NYC mentioned combined with the smallish tank it makes it seems like you're always at the gas station. But this is great in the snow even with the standard wheels.
Old 02-15-2011, 08:52 AM

2010 GLK 350, 09 ZX6r race bike, 06 YZ250f
Nice find. I am in the process of looking and that's exactly what I'm looking for. I have found a few that are pretty similar to yours in spec and price but haven't found the color combo I want just yet.
Old 02-15-2011, 09:10 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2010 GLK Black, Premium 1, Lighting, Multimedia, Appearance and Media Pkg, 2012 Corvette Grand Sport
Originally Posted by Spooner
Nice find. I am in the process of looking and that's exactly what I'm looking for. I have found a few that are pretty similar to yours in spec and price but haven't found the color combo I want just yet.
Sorry to here that you are still looking.

The electronics are a nice to have but its about the style and the ride. Like iew said it's probably a couple of generations back especially if the vehicle has COMAND. The Nav is not that great. But other than those things I think its a B+ A- vehicle.
Old 02-27-2011, 12:25 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 GLK350
Going from a TDI to a GLK is liable to be a wake-up call on fuel costs. If you're not tight on $$ no biggie. Frankly I could care less, the quiet ride and handling more than makes up for it. It feels solid, is very quiet, and a joy to drive. Wife and I like the size, easy to park and drive, visibility is good, very comfy. We're biased here, but think it's the best looking sport-ute out there. The roof is really nice, lights up the cabin for a spacious feel.

I didn't want all the 'techy' options, nor to pay for them, so got a roof and aluminum trim, that's it - $35K cap on a lease, $440/mo. 2500 miles now, average mpg is 18.5. Computer will show 24 average on the freeway if you stay at legal speeds.

I'm filling up twice a month for about $50. If gas goes to $5 it will cost $70. No biggie, eh?? Zero issues, fit and finish is tops.

With all your options it probably stickered about $44-45K, so $35K is just ok. New ones are discounted about 7% so you may just want to price a new one that suits your needs, even if it's just for comparison.