GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

2012 GLK 4Matic - Accessory Styling Package

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 12:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLK350 4Matic
2012 GLK 4Matic - Accessory Styling Package

Does anyone have pics of the the GLK's 2011 or 2012 with the accessory Styling package? My dealer was trying to sell me on this and no one can find pictures, it sounds cool, I just don't know what one looks like.

Thanks
Old 07-28-2011, 04:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 206 Likes on 143 Posts
'13 GLK350 4matic,'09 C300 4matic,'15 GLA250,'07 Honda Odyssey, '18 GLE 43
better just get the amg appearance package and you will get more out of it.
Old 07-28-2011, 10:07 PM

GLK350 4Matic
I decided to go with Accessory Styling package and the appearance package, got the 20's. I am not a huge fan of the AMG Package, the rims just don't do it for me. I appreciate your input, but I am hoping to pickup the SUV on friday, we will see how fast the dealer can get the pre-delivery inspection complete.

Thanks
Old 08-24-2011, 04:25 PM

GLK 350 (soon I hope!)
GLK Pics With Accessory Styling Package?

Hi, Brian.

Did you pick up your new GLK yet? I am about to purchase one, and I, too, was wondering what the accessory styling package looked like. Are you happy with it? I'd love it if you could share some pics. I am thinking about getting a White Arctic, P1, media, appearance package 350....

Thanks.
Old 08-24-2011, 04:36 PM

GLK350 4Matic
Originally Posted by GLKChick
Hi, Brian.

Did you pick up your new GLK yet? I am about to purchase one, and I, too, was wondering what the accessory styling package looked like. Are you happy with it? I'd love it if you could share some pics. I am thinking about getting a White Arctic, P1, media, appearance package 350....

Thanks.
I would be willing to send you some pics, however I have already sold the 2012 GLK350 4Matic. The Paint had a ton or orange peal and to be honest for the money I would buy the new jeep grand cherokee. Which is exactly what I did. if you want to private message me with your email I will send you pics of the new jeep and I can tell that the Jeep has more features, better resale and will kick the GLK's butt in the snow, not to mention the lower insurance and the fact that the jeep is less money to start with.

I could never get comfortable in the GLK and the jeep has wonderful seats with great leather and trust me the New Jeep with the Air Suspension is a much better ride as well.

I have lost some money on this purchase, but I can also help you get into a jeep at 1% below real invoice, I found how to do this on a jeep forum and it will take 46K jeep to 41,500 ish.

The GLK looks nice but I don't know that you would be happy with it, if you are going to buy one then I would buy a pre own and steal it.

Brian
Old 08-24-2011, 04:45 PM

GLK 350 (soon I hope!)
Aw, well, that's not what I wanted to hear.... I am sorry that you were not happy with the GLK. I just PM'd you, but I just realized that you were going to send me pics of the Jeep. That's okay. My heart is set on the GLK for now.

I went the dealership over the weekend and test drove it and fell in love with it.... My husband would like the idea of me purchasing a preowned one, but I have my heart set on new.

I will have to look up what "orange peal" means.

Thank you for your quick response. I am glad you found a new vehicle that you like better.
Old 08-24-2011, 06:20 PM

GLK350 4Matic
Originally Posted by GLKChick
Aw, well, that's not what I wanted to hear.... I am sorry that you were not happy with the GLK. I just PM'd you, but I just realized that you were going to send me pics of the Jeep. That's okay. My heart is set on the GLK for now.

I went the dealership over the weekend and test drove it and fell in love with it.... My husband would like the idea of me purchasing a preowned one, but I have my heart set on new.

I will have to look up what "orange peal" means.

Thank you for your quick response. I am glad you found a new vehicle that you like better.
Orange peel is in the paint, while most new cars do have some of it, Mercedes seams to have it on almost all of there lines. Much more then BMW or something like that. Yes, each manufacture has there own horror story, but It took a professional to clean the Black GLk that I had up and make it look perfect.
Old 08-26-2011, 05:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2013 Infiniti G37 Coupe; 2011 GLK 350 w/ Premium 1, Multimedia & Sport Appearance; I LOVE IT!
That's too bad about the paint.

The body finish on my 2011 is exceptional; guess I just got lucky.
Old 08-26-2011, 05:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2013 Infiniti G37 Coupe; 2011 GLK 350 w/ Premium 1, Multimedia & Sport Appearance; I LOVE IT!
Originally Posted by brianglk350
I would be willing to send you some pics, however I have already sold the 2012 GLK350 4Matic. The Paint had a ton or orange peal and to be honest for the money I would buy the new jeep grand cherokee. Which is exactly what I did. if you want to private message me with your email I will send you pics of the new jeep and I can tell that the Jeep has more features, better resale and will kick the GLK's butt in the snow, not to mention the lower insurance and the fact that the jeep is less money to start with.

I could never get comfortable in the GLK and the jeep has wonderful seats with great leather and trust me the New Jeep with the Air Suspension is a much better ride as well.

I have lost some money on this purchase, but I can also help you get into a jeep at 1% below real invoice, I found how to do this on a jeep forum and it will take 46K jeep to 41,500 ish.

The GLK looks nice but I don't know that you would be happy with it, if you are going to buy one then I would buy a pre own and steal it.

Brian

Isn't the Grand Cherokee a good bit larger than the GLK?

One of the things I like most about the MB is the size; I just don't need a big SUV.
Old 08-26-2011, 06:23 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2010 GLK Black, Premium 1, Lighting, Multimedia, Appearance and Media Pkg, 2012 Corvette Grand Sport
He sold a GLK brand new mind you for a Cherokee because of orange peel in the paint. The dealer had nothing to say about that. The factory had nothing to say. Sounds more like a commercial for Chrysler. If he didn't like the paint job then who did. Can't believe that the car left the factory with that issue. Just sayin.
Old 08-27-2011, 02:24 PM

GLK350 4Matic
Originally Posted by rmfnla
Isn't the Grand Cherokee a good bit larger than the GLK?

One of the things I like most about the MB is the size; I just don't need a big SUV.
It's not that much bigger and when you get to the feature list and many of cool features that will never come to the GLK350 or for that matter the ML350 (similar size) My jeep has so many cool features and options for money, that I don't see why anyone would buy a mercedes especially for the overpricing of these units.
Old 08-27-2011, 02:28 PM

GLK350 4Matic
Originally Posted by MKenM
He sold a GLK brand new mind you for a Cherokee because of orange peel in the paint. The dealer had nothing to say about that. The factory had nothing to say. Sounds more like a commercial for Chrysler. If he didn't like the paint job then who did. Can't believe that the car left the factory with that issue. Just sayin.

Feel free to come here and take a look for yourself, mercedes is not and has not been the same car company for many years. Not to mention that the cars are overpriced and will tank in price so bad it's not even funny.

The dealer said that they are not able to do anything for me, and that it is "normal" for orange peel on new cars. I was not going to pay that much for something that looks liked a kia paint job. BMW has much better paint, even toyota has better paint on there cars.

Have fun making payments on your mercedes! I have tons more feature and value for the money, and my SUV does not scream "Look at me, I paid too much for my car"
Old 08-27-2011, 05:01 PM

2010 GLK Black, Premium 1, Lighting, Multimedia, Appearance and Media Pkg, 2012 Corvette Grand Sport
Feel free to come here and take a look for yourself, mercedes is not and has not been the same car company for many years. Not to mention that the cars are overpriced and will tank in price so bad it's not even funny.

The dealer said that they are not able to do anything for me, and that it is "normal" for orange peel on new cars. I was not going to pay that much for something that looks liked a kia paint job. BMW has much better paint, even toyota has better paint on there cars.

Have fun making payments on your mercedes! I have tons more feature and value for the money, and my SUV does not scream "Look at me, I paid too much for my car"
No payments here, nobody is screaming I paid to much. If you didn't have the supposed bad paint job your attitude would be different and I guess everyone would be screaming at you. Who are you kidding?

I took a 2 year old GLK and compared it with a 2 year old Grand Cherokee. Both CPO's both with the same mileage and basic package.

The GLK $35,000
The Jeep $28,000

So much for depreciation, I paid more but it's worth more.

Now I would say that if you paid $7K less for your Jeep with all the extras then I guess dollar for dollar you might have a deal. But, you lost $ on your supposed GLK. Who does that? Must have $$$ to burn. MB would never let a bad paint job out of the factory no less not make good on it.

The bottom line you're driving a Jeep and I'm driving a Mercedes Benz.

Have fun with your Jeep, join a Jeep forum and leave us with our over rated Mercedes Benz.
Old 08-27-2011, 05:12 PM

GLK350 4Matic
No payments here, nobody is screaming I paid to much. If you didn't have the supposed bad paint job your attitude would be different and I guess everyone would be screaming at you. Who are you kidding?

I took a 2 year old GLK and compared it with a 2 year old Grand Cherokee. Both CPO's both with the same mileage and basic package.

The GLK $35,000
The Jeep $28,000

So much for depreciation, I paid more but it's worth more.

Now I would say that if you paid $7K less for your Jeep with all the extras then I guess dollar for dollar you might have a deal. But, you lost $ on your supposed GLK. Who does that? Must have $$$ to burn. MB would never let a bad paint job out of the factory no less not make good on it.

The bottom line you're driving a Jeep and I'm driving a Mercedes Benz.

Have fun with your Jeep, join a Jeep forum and leave us with our over rated Mercedes Benz.

Your numbers are not quite right, but maybe for your market they are. I can tell that you I am looking at your same example and that it is more like 2-3 thousand different. And you paid like 5-7k more in the beginning.

Bottom line, mercedes quality is falling fast and you know it and just don't want to admit it. It was my first and last mercedes.

Not to even mention that my SUV was MADE IN AMERICA, if you like german cars so much, maybe you should leave the country and move to germany!

I am done with this conversation, I am 100% right and you are just simply wrong!

Good luck with your poser wannabe 4 Wheel Drive SUV and thats assuming that you even got the 4Matic package.

I will be leaving this forum, especially with people like you around, that can't get outside your box and try something american made! American Cars are coming back and going to come back strong, just wait, give them even more time and you will see!
Old 08-27-2011, 06:29 PM

I see that you are on line waiting for my reply. You sound a little upset. Maybe you are to young or maybe its to old to remember but Chrysler was owned at one point by Daimler AG the same people who own MB. Chrysler who years ago was broke had Lee Iacocca around to convince the government to bail them out. Then a private investment group comes along to save them again. And the government bails them out again. And now who do you think owns them you guessed it. Not an American company but an Italian company. Fiat owns 52% of Chrysler. So why do you think Chrysler has not been doing so well. Could it be because of bad management? Maybe but not likely. Do you think its because they don't design appealing cars another possibility. The underlying cause.

THEY DON'T SELL CARS.

As of May this year Chrysler is number 6. Who is 1 and 2 sadly not American car companies. Toyota and Honda. Yes they are Japanese companies but where do you think many of their cars are built. Right here in the good old USA.

I own a Toyota and I just ordered a new Corvette. So don't tell me about buy American. I do more than my share. Stop bashing MB and just remember you bought a MB. Maybe it was just after you moved here from Germany. I like German cars the same way I like American cars. I base and it on style and value. Please don't reply because I'll just keep coming back at you. Remember this is a MB site we talk about the good and bad of MB not to tout other car manufacturers. So leave in peace my friend.
Old 08-27-2011, 09:08 PM

GLK350 4Matic
I see that you are on line waiting for my reply. You sound a little upset. Maybe you are to young or maybe its to old to remember but Chrysler was owned at one point by Daimler AG the same people who own MB. Chrysler who years ago was broke had Lee Iacocca around to convince the government to bail them out. Then a private investment group comes along to save them again. And the government bails them out again. And now who do you think owns them you guessed it. Not an American company but an Italian company. Fiat owns 52% of Chrysler. So why do you think Chrysler has not been doing so well. Could it be because of bad management? Maybe but not likely. Do you think its because they don't design appealing cars another possibility. The underlying cause.

THEY DON'T SELL CARS.

As of May this year Chrysler is number 6. Who is 1 and 2 sadly not American car companies. Toyota and Honda. Yes they are Japanese companies but where do you think many of their cars are built. Right here in the good old USA.

I own a Toyota and I just ordered a new Corvette. So don't tell me about buy American. I do more than my share. Stop bashing MB and just remember you bought a MB. Maybe it was just after you moved here from Germany. I like German cars the same way I like American cars. I base and it on style and value. Please don't reply because I'll just keep coming back at you. Remember this is a MB site we talk about the good and bad of MB not to tout other car manufacturers. So leave in peace my friend.
Your response don't even deserve my time, Your right, you win! Have a great evening!
Old 08-28-2011, 01:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Nissan GT-R BE / '12 Ducati-1199 Panigale S / '12 C300-4M Loaded/GLK350-4M Loaded
Your response don't even deserve my time, Your right, you win! Have a great evening!
You're right about Mercedes... they have had a real hard time adjusting to *Green* paint work techniques. The Orange Peel (OP) is actually their new nano-clear coat... it's very durable yes, but it doesn't dry evenly, so the OP.

Soon their paint will be water based just like everyone else's. Get ready to see some real OP when that comes online!