GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

Universal Media Interface UMI price in Canada and USA

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 04:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLK 2010
Universal Media Interface UMI price in Canada and USA

I went to the local dealer today and I asked them about upgrading the stranded audio system 20 to the accessory Media interface to have the GPS enabled into my GLK

at the beginning the dealer have no idea about what I was talking about, they even told me it is not possible even though its in the catalog they have

Any way after 30 min searching on their computer they give me a quote for the accessory which they weren't sure about for $2010 + taxes and 4 hr labor

The price is so expensive, I wonder anyone in Canada had the accessory installed on their GLK or possible for any other MB model

and if someone knows what is the price in their local dealer whether in Canada or even in the US

any comment is appreciated

Cheers !
Old 02-06-2013, 09:59 AM

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
350 GLK, C280
The option for the nav is $2790 when installed by the factory. This includes the rear view camera but that only adds a $200 camera (probably less than $100 to MB). Why would you think the dealer would charge less? Actually $2010 plus 4hrs at $100 / hr is cheaper than ordering it in the initial build.
Best bet is to find a wrecked GLK and pull it from there.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:01 AM

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
Very very slow
Originally Posted by Sharaf
I went to the local dealer today and I asked them about upgrading the stranded audio system 20 to the accessory Media interface to have the GPS enabled into my GLK

at the beginning the dealer have no idea about what I was talking about, they even told me it is not possible even though its in the catalog they have

Any way after 30 min searching on their computer they give me a quote for the accessory which they weren't sure about for $2010 + taxes and 4 hr labor

The price is so expensive, I wonder anyone in Canada had the accessory installed on their GLK or possible for any other MB model

and if someone knows what is the price in their local dealer whether in Canada or even in the US

any comment is appreciated

Cheers !

That's a little expensive to me.
Buy a stand alone GPS unit, which works better IMHO, for much much cheaper price.
If you insist to go with OEM look then you can try this route:
https://mbworld.org/forums/glk-class...se-camera.html
Old 02-06-2013, 12:07 PM

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
2015 ML350 Bluetec
I think you are asking about MB's Nav+4 UMI system..... it's an add-on to the existing Audio20 system. Even has free Traffic! Used to be $2k+... and then installation. The cheapest out there at the moment is $840. from a MB dealer in Florida.... not sure whether they will ship to Canada, but there are ways around that. LOL! Unfortunately, it will still utilize the 5" screen, my reason for not purchasing one. I've considered lots of alternatives, but always fall back to my trusty, and better, Garmin. I've found a great little vent mounting device that holds the 5" Garmin in relative view, attaching to the air vent, and can be angled in mutiple directions...
Old 02-06-2013, 05:50 PM

GLK 2010
Originally Posted by bop11
The option for the nav is $2790 when installed by the factory. This includes the rear view camera but that only adds a $200 camera (probably less than $100 to MB). Why would you think the dealer would charge less? Actually $2010 plus 4hrs at $100 / hr is cheaper than ordering it in the initial build.
Best bet is to find a wrecked GLK and pull it from there.
I wasn't looking for the whole command system I thought a small piece of hardware would make my stranded screen has GPS, therefore never thought would be that much !
Old 02-06-2013, 05:53 PM

GLK 2010
Originally Posted by ble2716
That's a little expensive to me.
Buy a stand alone GPS unit, which works better IMHO, for much much cheaper price.
If you insist to go with OEM look then you can try this route:
https://mbworld.org/forums/glk-class...se-camera.html
LOL thanks, for the advice, I always wanted to have a fancy screen with GPS on it, but I think I am out of that luck

I check the link and the guy did a pretty good job in converting the entertainment center, and I am actually consider his step as an option but if something coming from MB, its gonna be more professional than DIY
Old 02-06-2013, 05:56 PM

GLK 2010
Originally Posted by Koenig1
I think you are asking about MB's Nav+4 UMI system..... it's an add-on to the existing Audio20 system. Even has free Traffic! Used to be $2k+... and then installation. The cheapest out there at the moment is $840. from a MB dealer in Florida.... not sure whether they will ship to Canada, but there are ways around that. LOL! Unfortunately, it will still utilize the 5" screen, my reason for not purchasing one. I've considered lots of alternatives, but always fall back to my trusty, and better, Garmin. I've found a great little vent mounting device that holds the 5" Garmin in relative view, attaching to the air vent, and can be angled in mutiple directions...
If I had known, I would'v bought it last month when I was down there , is it $840 for the hardware or for everything with installation ? I have friends who lives in FL I might be able to do something about that
Old 02-06-2013, 07:10 PM

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
2015 ML350 Bluetec
Dam... sorry. Forgot to post the link!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mercedes-Ben...8a0394&vxp=mtr
It's an Ebay item that MB Melbourne has been selling... Most of the other Fleabay items for Nav+4 are about $1250. Install is on you own. Or, I've heard that the instructions are on the USA MB mechanics site(can't remember the name offhand) but you could download the install from there. Not that hard if you're capable of removing the head unit and adapting some cables... they only fit one way... and no interacting with MB Germany to recode, etc.
Just plug in GLK Nav+4 on Fleabay...