GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

2014 GLK Info on MBUSA!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-19-2013, 06:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 SL400
2014 GLK Info on MBUSA!

If, like me, you have ordered, or are thinking of ordering a 2014 GLK, MBUSA has the new info up today! There are specs, prices, and a brochure (finally). The intro web page looks better, and hopefully will be more intuitive. I haven't looked fully yet since I just spotted it and hope you are as excited as I am at finally getting some company info.

My dealer says my 2014 GLK350 is due at the VPC 7/25; it was ordered 5/19, but I don't know the actual build date yet. This will give you a rough idea of what kind of lead time you're looking at.

The car is Pebble Grey with Mocha Leather, plus the usual indulgent options. Just hope the dealer doesn't rip me off too much on my trade, since I'm in an excited, vulnerable state now..
Old 07-19-2013, 07:03 PM

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts
2014 GLK250BT, Polar White; 2016 GLE 300d, Polar White
Originally Posted by sdni
If, like me, you have ordered, or are thinking of ordering a 2014 GLK, MBUSA has the new info up today! There are specs, prices, and a brochure (finally). The intro web page looks better, and hopefully will be more intuitive. I haven't looked fully yet since I just spotted it and hope you are as excited as I am at finally getting some company info.

My dealer says my 2014 GLK350 is due at the VPC 7/25; it was ordered 5/19, but I don't know the actual build date yet. This will give you a rough idea of what kind of lead time you're looking at.

The car is Pebble Grey with Mocha Leather, plus the usual indulgent options. Just hope the dealer doesn't rip me off too much on my trade, since I'm in an excited, vulnerable state now..
Yes, they updated 2014 GLK350, but not 2014 GLK250BT yet.
Old 08-15-2013, 09:02 AM

2014 GLK250BT

Originally Posted by Alex Bel
Yes, they updated 2014 GLK350, but not 2014 GLK250BT yet.
The update for 2014 GLK250BT is out on http://www.mbusa.com
Old 08-15-2013, 10:18 AM

GLK 250 Bluetec 4Matic
Thanks Alex! Mine is being built right now and dealer hasn't offered much info. At least with mobile site this shows a sunroof (not panorama) as standard feature. Can anyone confirm that this is true for 2014?
Old 08-15-2013, 11:35 AM

2014 GLK250 BlueTEC, 2012 BMW 335is Conv.
Originally Posted by Alex Bel
The update for 2014 GLK250BT is out on http://www.mbusa.com
Thank you. I looked on mbusa.com literally just last night and it hadn't been updated yet. They must have done it this morning.
Old 08-28-2013, 02:12 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
GLK 250
First impressions: 2014 GLK 250

Took delivery of my Red diesel yesterday, a couple weeks earlier than
expected. I passed on most of the expensive options choosing only the
Bi-zenon lights, Becker nav and a tow hitch. I believe the perforated
vinyl will be more durable than the leather, if past experiences hold true.
Would have liked the rear camera to be a stand alone option. (oh well)
Wish the electric steering had better road feel but it's not bad. Easy to
point & go. Still have a C5 vette if I need to feel the difference between
a nickel and a dime when I drive over one. Handling is excellent for an
SUV. Ride is far better than the Subaru Legacy GT wagon I traded in.
A pleasant surprise as the MB has the run-flat type tires. Comfortable
seats with plenty of room for my 6'3' 250 lb butt.
Standard audio system is just so-so. The HD radio is nice as I don't get
the fade out & noise when tuned to local AM news & traffic radio. I'm
still getting the hang of the controller and all the functions tied to it.
Gone are the days when you could just turn a knob on the dash to say...
change the nighttime gauge illumination. Speaking of gauges, while the
"Patek Phillipe" look is certainly classy I noticed that when I drove from
sunlight into heavy shade the damn speedometer became impossible to
read! Saved by the digital readout. (what were they thinking).
Love the headlights. Don't leave the dealer without them.
This diesel is by far the best 4 banger I've ever driven. Quiet, smooth
and quite powerful for only 131 cubic inches. While I've only done about
a hundred miles of near suburban driving so far, the readout shows 27 mpg.
I'm expecting mid thirties on a road trip. Gotta love it.
Old 08-28-2013, 07:18 PM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
'85 190D , '12 E350 BlueTec, '13 GLK 250 BlueTec
Congratulations! You seem to like yours as much as I like mine!
Old 08-30-2013, 01:24 PM

GLK 250
? Upgrade basic audio ?

As I mentioned in my post the basic audio system leaves a lot to be
desired in sound quality. I have the Treble at max and the Bass a
couple notches below the middle to get something tolerable to my ear.
I seriously doubt the electronics are at fault. Any recommendations or
experience with speaker upgrades?
Oh yeah, how does one go about adding a pic and adding to their
"garage"?
Old 08-30-2013, 01:35 PM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
'85 190D , '12 E350 BlueTec, '13 GLK 250 BlueTec
Originally Posted by rmeier1
Oh yeah, how does one go about adding a pic and adding to their
"garage"?
Go to 'User CP'. You're able to do most of what you want in that user control panel.

As for adding pictures, presume you mean in your posts. You'll have to upload the picture to an accommodating website from where you will obtain an URL on your photo to insert as you post.
Old 08-30-2013, 02:44 PM

GLK 250
Thanks

Thanks Bob. I just had to reduce the size of the pic until it took.
My original problem was the black lettering on the dk blue
background was so hard to see. (attn. webmaster)
Old 01-12-2015, 04:00 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GLK250
Question?
Currently I own 2014 MB GLK250BT,Mileage 6,000.
Oil is black & I thinking of bringing the vehicle in for Oil Change Service at 7500 miles.
The vehicle has been flawless thus far...
Once within the Dealer's Hands ,I wish to find out a ballpark idea of cost of oil change.
I have followed various forums that once in the hands of the dealer it could cost as much as $900.Reviewing all the tests & time, the dealer probably will charge $10 per quart of Mobile 1
with labor charge ,computer check of vehicle top to bottom.Trouble code removals...
I generally do not use a dealer but my concern is the changing Oil Filter with expertise considering all the o rings in the kit ,exacting the precise Mobil 1 for my geographic area.& programing the vehicle computer auto reminders setting.
My dealer promises a breakfast voucher, & a car wash but unsure the Dealer is worth it
Old 01-13-2015, 09:21 AM

Received 60 Likes on 52 Posts
2015 GLK350
Originally Posted by HONDO250
Question?
Currently I own 2014 MB GLK250BT,Mileage 6,000.
Oil is black & I thinking of bringing the vehicle in for Oil Change Service at 7500 miles.
The vehicle has been flawless thus far...
Once within the Dealer's Hands ,I wish to find out a ballpark idea of cost of oil change.
I have followed various forums that once in the hands of the dealer it could cost as much as $900.Reviewing all the tests & time, the dealer probably will charge $10 per quart of Mobile 1
with labor charge ,computer check of vehicle top to bottom.Trouble code removals...
I generally do not use a dealer but my concern is the changing Oil Filter with expertise considering all the o rings in the kit ,exacting the precise Mobil 1 for my geographic area.& programing the vehicle computer auto reminders setting.
My dealer promises a breakfast voucher, & a car wash but unsure the Dealer is worth it
The oil in diesels turns black after 50-100 miles - don't worry about the color.

There is a youtube video of a guy changing the oil on a 2014 glk250 if you need reassurement. The process is no more difficult than for other cars. The hardest part was pulling the old filter off the tube. I suggest using a genuine MB oil filter as the MANN filter is different and does not look like it will seal properly.

Oil, filter, and crush washer will run about $80-90. You need 7+ quarts for a complete fill. Double check that the oil is rated for the MB diesel - (229.51?)

Last edited by formerjeepguy; 01-13-2015 at 09:22 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-13-2015, 09:49 AM

GLK 250
I mostly use the dealer for service in the warranty period so there's no questions if
something big goes wrong. The dealer may allow you to supply the oil. Make sure
it's MB spec. My experience with high compression, (turbo & diesel), engines is that
the oil quickly turns black, especially before the piston rings have properly seated.
One easy job you can do is to fill the DEF tank yourself. At $15 for 2.5 gal. jug at an
auto store it's going to save you $100 every 6-7 thousand miles. It's a 10 minute job.
Old 01-13-2015, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by formerjeepguy
The oil in diesels turns black after 50-100 miles - don't worry about the color.

There is a youtube video of a guy changing the oil on a 2014 glk250 if you need reassurement. The process is no more difficult than for other cars. The hardest part was pulling the old filter off the tube. I suggest using a genuine MB oil filter as the MANN filter is different and does not look like it will seal properly.

Oil, filter, and crush washer will run about $80-90. You need 7+ quarts for a complete fill. Double check that the oil is rated for the MB diesel - (229.51?)
Confirm all above. The oil became black very soon.
The oil filter I was using is below:
http://www.idparts.com/catalog/produ...oducts_id=3912
The oil Mobil 1 ESP X1 0w30 (229.51) is available on Amazon.
The 14 flute 74mm oil socket is available on Amazon or ebay.
Old 01-13-2015, 06:51 PM

GLK250
GLK 250 BT oil change

I reviewed the recommended video on the oil change for the MB GLK250BT.
Viewed the recommendation on the Filter change....cautions on proper O ring install,correct filter.
Today ,the Wrench Service reminder appeared stating the need for the oil change.
I have opted to take the vehicle to the MB Dealer for service...first time.
They can remove all the applicable warnings.Service the Vehicle.
It is less than 1 year since purchase & I will have the vehicle serviced for the first time.
One main factor is that it is 25 degrees outside,no heated garage & I cannot do the oil change in the frigid conditions.
I am aware of the cost of the oil,filter,oil Mobil One & Maintenance A .Any warranty issues ... I will take the free coffee,lunch voucher & free car wash ,meet & greet.
Investigate at a later time ,alternative Servicing options.
I will bite the bullet & pay, more certain that the proper filter,installation will be completed. I believe one year without a visit is the start of a positive direction.
Tires are in good shape with tread ....more variety of run-flats are available to choose from...
Old 01-14-2015, 10:22 PM

GLK250
Visited my MB DEALER for the scheduled (A )service...total cost $370 oil change & all the scheduled A maintenance services.
Took 3 Bottles of DEF at $17 per bottle and usual cost of Oil /Filter.
Mobil 1 oil cost seemed within fair range of price.
As predicted labor was high$$,seemed assured that the work was correct.
with Mercedes Benz parts
Vehicle was washed & waxed,receive $8 dollar voucher for lunch.Meet & greet routine of Greeter/Service Representative.
In the future ,I will do some of repairs myself...particularly DEF replacement.
Had an opportunity to read list of vendors of Mercedes parts & get many ideas on future costs...

Next major cost will be 4 MOE run flat tires.
Old 01-15-2015, 09:50 AM

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
350 GLK, C280
Here is an option (not) that you did not even know you got
http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/685fe610-9...#axzz3OtkvVzq6
Big Brother is watching!
Old 01-15-2015, 10:04 AM

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
350 GLK, C280
Sorry about the last post. The Financial Times sort of blocked the article but here it is as a PDF
Attached Files
Old 01-15-2015, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by HONDO250
Visited my MB DEALER for the scheduled (A )service...total cost $370 oil change & all the scheduled A maintenance services.
What is done is done. Here in MI dealers asked ~$190 for Service A.
I did mine on dealership without DEF and oil change for ~$60, including tires rotation and I know for sure that I have proper oil with diesel specs.
Old 01-15-2015, 06:01 PM

GLK250
Cost for Service for MB GLK250BT

In reply to cost thread, the writer is absolutely correct.
As stated, I do not plan to use the MB Dealership unless a warranty issue occurs.
As expected,I knew that I was going to pay the price.
It is too cold to change the oil, service my vehicle.
The DEF ,I can replenish myself ,monitor .
In a heated garage & time ,an oil change ,filter change can be done.
This dealer only handles Mercedes Benz Vehicle,their waiting room is like
a luxury hotel...all the furniture are antiques with carpeting.
It must be the coffee and the attention given,service.
There is nothing upscale about the cashier area, pay your bill... then you get your keys...
Old 02-06-2015, 10:18 AM

MBGLK250
Had the complete "A" service completed at about 5200 miles. I only wanted the oil changed and an idea of the ad blue use but when they said the complete service was only 250 ish, I pulled the lever. BTW, Mobil 1 was charged at 8.51 per qt which is as cheap as I have seen in WM. The ad blue use was minimal (a little more than a gallon used). I am puzzled by the 7 qts of oil on the bill and the manual says 5.7 qts including filter. Anyway, changing oil every 5000 miles has allowed my VW tdi to go 216000 and counting with absolutely no engine issues and samples are excellent. Might be an extra expense over time, but I plan on driving the wheels off this thing.
Old 02-06-2015, 06:44 PM

GLK250
Input from other MB Owners is helpful

Originally Posted by Ottomaddick
Had the complete "A" service completed at about 5200 miles. I only wanted the oil changed and an idea of the ad blue use but when they said the complete service was only 250 ish, I pulled the lever. BTW, Mobil 1 was charged at 8.51 per qt which is as cheap as I have seen in WM. The ad blue use was minimal (a little more than a gallon used). I am puzzled by the 7 qts of oil on the bill and the manual says 5.7 qts including filter. Anyway, changing oil every 5000 miles has allowed my VW tdi to go 216000 and counting with absolutely no engine issues and samples are excellent. Might be an extra expense over time, but I plan on driving the wheels off this thing.
As a new owner of my First MB vehicle, I was learning about all the in & outs of the MB Dealership.If & when, I return to this particular MB Dealership, I am aware of how they operate.
As a new owner,I have been reading the many books that have been included in the MB GLK250BT, the publications include data on the Canadian purchased vehicle about the small 17 inch spare & all the other equipment.
The Storage Space is for a USA MB GLK 250BT

Since the Vehicle was purchased by USA owner.
My vehicle was made up in Germany to my specifications. ( I did not buy my vehicle off the lot and during the purchase process ,it was easy).I waited a month...
The Service End of the Dealership ,I will be better prepared ...though MB are perceived as a rich person's car, I am neither rich ,nor have big wallet .
My experience with any dealer ,Ford, Toyota is pretty typical ...many unknowns & statements that( DO or DIE)
I am still getting recall checks from Toyota for my 1999 Tacoma, & 2004 Highlander...& Toyota still wants to buy them back...
Glad that my Mercedes Benz is not involved in the AIR Bag Recall...
When I was getting prices ,replacing my Toyota Highlander with the same options , the Toyota came up $5,000 more...
I see many more Mercedes vehicles on the road , Mercedes Benz has a variety of Models available with various option packages....
Though their are millions of F150 pick-ups on the Road, most are 4x4 ,those equipped ** Price wise ..pretty high for luxury drives...