Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz SUVs, Trucks, Vans, Diesels, Other > GLK-Class (X204)
2013 GLK 250 4matic front driveshaft replacement >

2013 GLK 250 4matic front driveshaft replacement

Notices
GLK-Class (X204) Discuss the upcoming GLK-Class. Models include GLK 350.

Old 05-03-2019, 05:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 GLK

Hi Everyone!

My first Mercedes and not a great experience ... I just purchased a 2013 GLK 250 with 100k miles. Against my better judgement i didn't purchase warranty and after 1 week of driving my front driveshaft broke ... Dealer wanted to charge me $3k just to change the front driveshaft. No way does it cost 3k to change a driveshaft i thought and went to eBay to purchase a driveshaft to install on my own. I'm stuck and need help! I can't get enough clearance to squeeze the driveshaft over the differential to slide in to the front then pull it back so splines of the shaft is connected. The huge cat takes up a lot of space and i can't seem to maneuver around it. I removed the transmission crossmember to drop the transmission as low as i could without removing it so i can try and slide in the driveshaft but no luck. This shouldn't be that hard to replace what am i doing wrong? Any help welcome! Thanks!
Old 05-04-2019, 01:07 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2003 C320
Unfortunately I can't give you advice but sometimes the simplest job on a Mercedes can be a intricate process. Perhaps you could search for a workshop manual or possibly a YouTube video. Best of luck to you.