Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

C55 vs. Evo VIII

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-18-2005, 01:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML350 '06
C55 vs. Evo VIII

I was coming home tonight when an Evo turned onto the street I was on while I was stopped at the light. Light turned green so I caught up to him and he turned into my lane ahead of me. So I moved over into the next lane and the light coming up turns red...YES!

So as we're both slowing down for the red light, it turns green. I was maybe 1 car length ahead of him at this point and we were both going about the same speed but then I hear him gun it. So I did too, the pedal all the way to the floor (I had already turned my ESP off when I first started to approach him back at the light). He catches up to me (remember, he was 1 car length back) and I was very surprised at this point. I could hear his exhaust note (which sounded pretty impressive). We are both DEAD EVEN but wait...

Good ole C55 comes through! Yeah...hear comes my baby through 3rd gear and I slowly start to pull ahead, and this was damn funny to see b/c he had a passenger in his car and they both were looking over at me as I'm walking away but slowly waking away. I continue to take him and I'm now 3 car lengths ahead and STILL pulling like a son of biitch!!! I could tell he let off after this point so I slowed down too. As we catch up to traffic (good thing we had OPEN roads ahead of us b/c we were flying for awhile) he pulls up next to me and both guys in the car give me a thumbs up and I did too.

Then he follows me into the gas station and we get out of our cars and talk. I asked him if his car is modified (especially the way he caught up to me when we first started). I can HONESTLY say that I thought he had me - he was quick). He tells me he just had his car modded from a shop in the Bay Area (forgot the name) and he had it chipped and the exhaust was done. He then told me that he thought he had me but then once he hit 3rd gear he saw me just walk away from him (his own words, not mine). Then he said his friend (sitting in the passenger seat) told him, "that's a C55 man, those things beat M3's." -yeah, the word is out about our C55’s! Utter respect, I love it! I told him I haven't raced a newer M3 (E46) yet but I have respect for those cars but I'm still curious to see what happens.

It was a great run and the guys were very cool to talk to! I came home and told my girlfriend and she wasn't amused at all So I figured I'd share this rather long story with YOU! Who will appreciate it hopefully!

This was definitely the fastest car I've ran with so far and it was definitely the closest race. I had run an Evo VIII before but this wasn’t the same guy. Fun stuff!!!

Nick
Old 10-18-2005, 11:56 AM

02 C32R
great run, great kill & great story..... have you modded your car at all?
Old 10-18-2005, 12:36 PM

hey congrats! Thats a respectable win. Those evos are no joke. pretty damn fast cars. Maybe i should consider c55 for my next car...
Old 10-18-2005, 03:21 PM

996 C4, previously owned 996 c2, c32 amg, 350z, R33 GTR, R34 GTR
Its really good when you meet other enthusiasts, no shame in losing to faster car either.
Old 10-18-2005, 03:42 PM

clk55, 06 Cayman S, Vishnu EVO 8 stage 1 +, and X5
Here's my experienced between my EVO and my 02 CLK 55
http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=145436

Well, one measurement is what we did the other night. I was driving the CLK 55 and my friend was driving my Vishnu stage 1+ EVO (It has 275 AWHP on DD, around 325 WHP on Dynojet). It was around 1:00 AM and a weekday. Starting from 80 MPH, the EVO pulled around 2 car lenghts on my 55 (we were around 110+ mph). My 55 was at 4th gear. Around 120 or so my 55 shifted to 5th, was passing the EVO, and I'm pretty sure my EVO was already at 5th at that time. The 55 pulled away from the EVO by 3 or 4 car lengths which at that time my 55 was pegged at 155 but my digital speedo was registring 160 mph (something to do with my larger diameter tires).
My friend told me that my EVO was pulling very hard up to 125 but somehow it was not the same pull after 125. 120 to 150 was not as fast how he saw my 55 passes the EVO. He stop at around 150 mph because he saw the 55 was way ahead.
We wanted to repeat it by exchanging cars but we decided not to because we figured we got lucky we didn't get radared at those speeds.
Old 10-18-2005, 04:31 PM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Nickerz
Then he said his friend (sitting in the passenger seat) told him, "that's a C55 man, those things beat M3's." -yeah, the word is out about our C55’s! Utter respect, I love it!
Good run bro!
Old 10-20-2005, 10:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
i raced an evo on mullholland...drag racing is for pussies..eventhough i do it all the time 2 :p

i can honestly say that after 6 years of ripping mulholland apart, i have never driven that fast on that part of the road (from coldwater eastward)...except maybe in my 99 m3 (h&R race springs and yoko a032r)
we hit like 95 -100
the guy started in front of me (2 way, 2 lane road) there was no way to pass..not that i couldve
this dude was drifting his evo through s turns, i could see how hard the car was working, the suspension squirming and everything..beautiful stuff and i was still glued to his rear bumper (in a 37** lb car and tires worn past their wear markers)
he couldnt shake me..not an inch
we came up on some traffic and he pulled over, i pulled along side of him
he looked disapointed and very surprised/confused he said "nice driving" i said the same thing to him and turned around to go back to coldwater

as i pulled up to the light i heard some1 rev their engine behind me... a 6.0 gto drove by and into the right turning lane... i followed
we got to mullholand west (past coldwater the other way) and he gunned it on the long straight.. i stayed with him the whole time until the turns came.. i was all over him
after a couple of corners i could tell that he's not on the same level as i'm and i started playing w/ him
i let him pull and then catch him again, over and over

by the way my esp was off the whole time.. i only turn it on in the rain only on the freeway
Old 10-22-2005, 04:03 AM

ALPINA B12 5,7 Coupe #22/57
Originally Posted by AMG_55
ii can honestly say that after 6 years of ripping mulholland apart, i have never driven that fast on that part of the road (from coldwater eastward)...except maybe in my 99 m3 (h&R race springs and yoko a032r)
we hit like 95 -100
the guy started in front of me (2 way, 2 lane road) there was no way to pass..not that i couldve
this dude was drifting his evo through s turns, i could see how hard the car was working, the suspension squirming and everything..beautiful stuff and i was still glued to his rear bumper (in a 37** lb car and tires worn past their wear markers)
he couldnt shake me..not an inch
we came up on some traffic and he pulled over, i pulled along side of him
he looked disapointed and very surprised/confused he said "nice driving" i said the same thing to him and turned around to go back to coldwater

as i pulled up to the light i heard some1 rev their engine behind me... a 6.0 gto drove by and into the right turning lane... i followed
we got to mullholand west (past coldwater the other way) and he gunned it on the long straight.. i stayed with him the whole time until the turns came.. i was all over him
after a couple of corners i could tell that he's not on the same level as i'm and i started playing w/ him
i let him pull and then catch him again, over and over

by the way my esp was off the whole time.. i only turn it on in the rain only on the freeway

At this point I feel like a compliment to you driving skill is in order. . (Shame on you to drive like this on a public road, but lets forgett that for a moment. )

To keep up with a Evo VIII (I) running at full potential is no walk in the park for just about anything on 4 wheels on a twisty part of roads.
So for you to manage tp push an EVO VIII in a C55 ( stock suspension I assume) is impressive . For the other guy to controll the Evo in a sideway slide also take some skill, allthough the Evo is supprisingly easy to controll for a 4WD car.

BTW: What kind of car is a 6.0 GT? Not the Lambo Diablo 6.0

Anyway sounds like you had a fun day
Old 10-22-2005, 08:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
Originally Posted by Erik
At this point I feel like a compliment to you driving skill is in order. . (Shame on you to drive like this on a public road, but lets forgett that for a moment. )

To keep up with a Evo VIII (I) running at full potential is no walk in the park for just about anything on 4 wheels on a twisty part of roads.
So for you to manage tp push an EVO VIII in a C55 ( stock suspension I assume) is impressive . For the other guy to controll the Evo in a sideway slide also take some skill, allthough the Evo is supprisingly easy to controll for a 4WD car.

BTW: What kind of car is a 6.0 GT? Not the Lambo Diablo 6.0

Anyway sounds like you had a fun day
i drive a clk 55
only performance mods are exhausr, k&n filters w/ modified airbox
stock suspension
235/35/19 275/30/19 michelin ps2

pontiac gto6.0
aka monaro in different parts of the world i think
i agree the evo isnt that hard to slide

thanks for ur compliment
Old 11-02-2005, 09:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C43/55,2k11 Volvo S60 T6AWD,2k Audi B5 S4,95 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD 500+awhp
This was definitely the fastest car I've ran with so far and it was definitely the closest race. I had run an Evo VIII before but this wasn’t the same guy. Fun stuff!!!

Nick
Good run! And I'm a big Mitsu guy as well.The EVO will need more mods to contend upstairs with a C55.
Old 11-02-2005, 11:25 PM

nice kill man . to be honest with you, in the races i used to have, if a guy pulls over with me, i think i'll be ready with a club or something haha always good to stop and talk after.
btw, don't worry about the g/f, that's what we're here for she's there for other reasons :v
Old 11-03-2005, 02:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AC Schnitzer E46
It was a great run and the guys were very cool to talk to! I came home and told my girlfriend and she wasn't amused at all So I figured I'd share this rather long story with YOU! Who will appreciate it hopefully!

Nick
LMAO! This is so TRUE! My girlfriend is exactly the same way! I even showed her the post and said 'Look! You are not the only one who doesn't care!'

hahah what an awesome kill, BTW -- Those C55s are BAD ***!

Next step.... KLEEMANN S/C! :v
Old 11-03-2005, 08:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'05 C230SS 6MT, 1966 Triumph TR4a IRS, Shelby Cobra 427 Supercharged
Originally Posted by coolcarlskiC43
Good run! And I'm a big Mitsu guy as well.The EVO will need more mods to contend upstairs with a C55.
Yeah, like leather, BIX, and DVD nav!!!
Old 11-03-2005, 01:59 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
good kill...