Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

What's your best speeding ticket story?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-07-2005, 05:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 C230 SS
Originally Posted by alboogiee
well come to find out in north dakota 12 over the speed limit is only a $32 ticket, i hand the cop a $50 and he makes me change, never showed up on my record or insurance!!

i wish tickets in FL were like that... god damn... 15+ = 185.50
Old 12-07-2005, 06:28 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SLK55, Ford F350 Diesel, WV Jetta TDI
My only memorable ticket

In WV, it used to be (i.e. 1972-73) that a person between 16-18 received a JUNIOR Operator's Permit. This allowed them full driving privileges but two moving violations or one 'major' violation and your license was suspended until you were 18 years of age. However, if you took Driver's Ed in school you could get a FULL Operator's License.

I had Driver's Ed in school.

My first car was a 1962 Ford Galaxie 500 with a 390 cid 4bbl engine. It would flat out MOVE. Around 10pm one evening, I was heading home and come up on two slow moving vehicles (they were 'only' doing 55 in a 55 zone) so I decided at the next passing zone, they'd be history. Hit the passing zone, floored it, and I was around them in no time. About the time that I got back in my lane, the first car turned on his blue lights :-(

The County Sheriff was P*SSED. He could tell that I was young (17 yrs old) and wanted my license RIGHT NOW. He only got more upset when he saw that I was under 18 and had a FULL license. He was totally incensed and wanted to know how that could be. Telling him that I passed Driver's Ed did not impress him - he wanted my license (i.e. to take it away from me) but there was nothing that he could do. He wrote me up (don't remember the speed) and followed me all the way home.
Old 12-07-2005, 07:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

parents just brought me home my new car. 99 C5, im 16 yrs old in 1998. they hand me the keys right after my mom said, "this car is fast." i asked how fast she went from the dealership to home. she told me she looked down and was going 120! i thought, hell ya. me and one of my buddies hopped in, turned on the new kid rock cd and pulled off. we are on top of the world; running up and down every street. got that car up over 140 in the first 100 miles of its life. headed back home, im playing with the HUD and wanted to see 100 even. we are in a 55, going 100 with a cop in tow. we pull over, i tell him that my dad is going to kill me for getting a ticket in his new car on the first day. they felt sorry for me because they understood and let me go.

just playing with a girl, chasing and messing around. we went through an intersection, she was in front, me following she was clocked at 108 and I at 103 in a 55. cops were pissed, we had been doing that for the last 15 or so miles, went through a 4-way at 120 a few miles back. needless to say, there was a road block and we were busted. not much happened besides some rude-*** cops making smart-*** comments. for me $500 cash to the judge; for her, lots of legal work!

cruising down the highway. clocked at 103 in a 65, cop came: "DO YOU KNOW HOW FAST YOU WERE GOING!!!???" me: yes sir, my girlfriend is having her period right now and I need to go... he says that he will hurry and write up my ticket...

working at a honda dealership, i ask the GM to talk the S2000 for a drive. he was my next door neighbor, the GM. he said ok, ill let you after everyone leaves. he kept his word. me and the receptionist jump in the car. we are giving this thing hell. we hit 147 and all of a sudden we go over a hill and there is a cop. we were going soo fast that i hit the next exit, turn off the lights, take the back roads to the dealership and pull the car back in the showroom, turn off all lights in the building and head home.

all three stories happened when i was 16-17 yrs old, the S2000 when i was 18. ive had several. its always good when your dad knows lots of people in high places within the legal system! too bad things change! oh well, its for the best and i am glad to still be alive. btw, i drive a big truck now and dont speed, its not worth it on an every day basis.
Old 12-07-2005, 10:14 PM

06 SLK55
I have many but these are the best(and worst charge i have heard yet):

1) 17 yo. Driving home from a buddys house after a few beers . On the highway 1 land is pyloned off but no wokr trucks or anything. Some a$$ is in the front of the now 1 lane doing 30...i jump across the pylons and hit it up to 80 in a 55...as soon as the pylons end(and i am way past this) i see a car jump out and the light! Oh *****. Cop pulls me over and the typical what is going on...i say i was at t new girls house and i'm not familiar with the area blah blah blah...he says "So that smell must be the night air mixing with you cologne, huh?!". I say yes sir! He says be carful mergin back into traffic and go straight home...

2) 17yo again heading home from dinner out. Hit 80 in a 55, I see a cop in the sunken median, by the time he pulls out I am at my turnoff onto a baren backroad to my house...i figure hey i'm 18!!! and downshift get up to 120, make a few turns, lose him...then i'm <1m from home doing the speed limit and a cop is cruiseing the other direction...he flips a u turn and i know they have me and pull over..within 2 minutes there are 10 cop cars there. They give me "You can run from us but not the radios"...spend the night in jail, get charged with reckless, fleeing, etc etc. If convicted i'm looking at some major jail time...My lawyer simply postpones until he gets the judge he wants...brings me in and says jsut answere his questions and then plead guilty to what the judge says...Judge: do you please guilty to speeding 15mph over and i will stay the fleeing and reckless charge...turns out the judge was my lawyers godfather....

3) 2 year ago...105 on mulholland in a 45 passing in a no passing...out of state license, no front license plate...cop write me my ticket and says "i'm giginv you a break so you can do traffice school and only writing you up for 15 over...next time you want to open her up please jsut take it out to the desert...btw how fast have you had her...i say well 164 but htat was on a closed course race oval. He says, of course!!!
Old 12-07-2005, 10:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

95 Audi urS6 Quattro
Originally Posted by Falco
I have many but these are the best(and worst charge i have heard yet):

1) 17 yo. Driving home from a buddys house after a few beers . On the highway 1 land is pyloned off but no wokr trucks or anything. Some a$$ is in the front of the now 1 lane doing 30...i jump across the pylons and hit it up to 80 in a 55...as soon as the pylons end(and i am way past this) i see a car jump out and the light! Oh *****. Cop pulls me over and the typical what is going on...i say i was at t new girls house and i'm not familiar with the area blah blah blah...he says "So that smell must be the night air mixing with you cologne, huh?!". I say yes sir! He says be carful mergin back into traffic and go straight home...

2) 17yo again heading home from dinner out. Hit 80 in a 55, I see a cop in the sunken median, by the time he pulls out I am at my turnoff onto a baren backroad to my house...i figure hey i'm 18!!! and downshift get up to 120, make a few turns, lose him...then i'm <1m from home doing the speed limit and a cop is cruiseing the other direction...he flips a u turn and i know they have me and pull over..within 2 minutes there are 10 cop cars there. They give me "You can run from us but not the radios"...spend the night in jail, get charged with reckless, fleeing, etc etc. If convicted i'm looking at some major jail time...My lawyer simply postpones until he gets the judge he wants...brings me in and says jsut answere his questions and then plead guilty to what the judge says...Judge: do you please guilty to speeding 15mph over and i will stay the fleeing and reckless charge...turns out the judge was my lawyers godfather....

3) 2 year ago...105 on mulholland in a 45 passing in a no passing...out of state license, no front license plate...cop write me my ticket and says "i'm giginv you a break so you can do traffice school and only writing you up for 15 over...next time you want to open her up please jsut take it out to the desert...btw how fast have you had her...i say well 164 but htat was on a closed course race oval. He says, of course!!!

Wow. LUCKY. Good ones.
Old 12-07-2005, 11:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Whatever there's gas in...
We should all say the cars we were in when they occured
Old 12-08-2005, 01:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1951 Caterpiller D6
My top two...

1. 17 years old on a friday the 13th of November. Cruising El Camino Real in my newly acquired 1966 327/350HP Corvette looking for a friend with her dad's 1966 427/425HP Corvette. I spot her in the left turn lane getting ready to make U. I step on it to make the light behind her and stand on the gas as soon as I'm pointed the other direction. Speed limit was 40 and I might have been doing 45 when she spots me and pull over. Cop nails both of us for racing (misdemeanor)! Silver bracelets, sobriety checks and afree rides to the lockup. Got out of it becasue cop admitted that he never saw us. He only heard us. Judge said it was not enough evidence.

2. 27 years old driving in my slightly modified Acura Legend S (lowered, tires/wheels, N2O, intake, exhaust) on some back roads North of Napa with my father-in-law. 140mph (max on speedo) at times with CHP chasing behind (unbeknownst to me) for 15 miles. Slowed down when we got to the highway. Another silver bracelet trip to the lockup. All the name dropping and 11-99 membership got me was a ride in the front seat with loose cuffs and a cite and release O.R. $400 and 100 hours community service.
Old 12-08-2005, 12:43 PM

'06 E55
My worst has been 132/70 at about 2 am on my way to Austin. Texas DPS dont have much of a sense of humor needelss to say. I'll have my license back in a couple of months.
Old 12-08-2005, 01:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
209/W210 Estate /W211 modded by MBENZNL
165 in a 55 ....Paced by Aircraft .... (didnt see it)
was met with a roadblock...felony stop style
12 points
Speeding
Reckless
Evasion
Speed contest
Failure to yield
went to jail...lost license..lost the car....Spent $$$$$.$$ with lawyer/court
five years probation on ANY Speeding ticket over 70
Old 12-08-2005, 01:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by MARK CUMMINS
12 points
Speeding
Reckless
Evasion
Speed contest
Failure to yield
holy ****aki mushrooms!!

what highway were you on and what were you driving?!
Old 12-08-2005, 02:51 PM
Nij

2005 Black/Black E55
Originally Posted by MARK CUMMINS
12 points
Speeding
Reckless
Evasion
Speed contest
Failure to yield

that's one crazy story
Old 12-08-2005, 09:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
Talking

17yo.
driving my uncles nissan maxima b/c my cousin was drunk.

heading south on coldwater cyn. at 2:30 am at about 65-70. in the beverly hills area (relatively straight)
i c a cop on a bike sitting on 1 of the side street w/ a radar gun pointing at me. (what the **** was he doing at 2 in the mornin i dunno)
as i pass i see the lights turn on.
i knew i couldnt get another ticket and i knew the area well so i booked it. :p
got up to 85-90 cant even c him anymore.... i c the light for beverly (the 1 by the fire station, not beverly that runs N-S) and its green, as i pull up to the light (still going 85 or so) i c 2 cars stoped at the light, in my way. i guess the light just turned green and they didnt have time to move
i plow straight into the back of the red mustang and he in turn hits the ml thats in front of him (i slammed on the brakes but the abs didnt work so i couldnt even turn... just locked up and slid straight.). the cop pulls up about 2 minutes later .
starts yelling at me and telling me that his family drives on this road, i look at him and say at 2:30 in the morning?
at least 4 bhpd cars came, bhpd always makes a big deal out of nothing. in the end i got a ticket for going 65.
i still have it..... it says:" i activate lights and subject speeds up"

there was another 1 where i tried to get away and did, untill i ran into a dead end street... i wasnt familiar w/ the area.
handcuffed, put in the back seat, yelled at (cops must have felt stupid cause i got away)
got off w/ a ticket for "breaking grip while turning and 45 in a 30 while trying to get away. it was more like 95, suckers :p
bmw 528 i sport 2000

i guess i never learn :p
Old 12-09-2005, 12:23 AM
Super Moderator

Received 58 Likes on 16 Posts
2019 GT3 RS, 2017 M3 30 Jahre
This was when I was 17, my first speeding ticket ever. I was driving my C280 Sport on PCH. I pull up to the light alongside an old lady in a 740il and two punk *** ricers in a riced out old Civic. The ricers were revving trying to get the old lady in the 740 to race them. I decide to start revving. I completely smoked them with my windows down sunroof open music blaring.

All of a sudden, a bike cop comes out of the bushes. Pulls me over and I'm totally scared ****less and am like "uh, I'm soooo sorry officer. here's my license and insurance card." He's like you're registration and I say "oh ****, I totally forgot and I rummage through my glovebox to find it." I give it to him. He's like "I pulled you over for speeding," I reply, "I am soooo sorry officer, I don't know what was happening..." And he's like, "it's ok, we all get caught up once in a while..." I then ask him how fast I was going, he's like "do you really want to know? 97" And, I'm thinking ****! This is a 30mph zone. I ask him, "are you going to write me up for that?" and his reply, "no, you're nice." He wrote me up for 43.

Nothing like the others stories, but well it's a story.

Mark, that is CRAZY! Were you on a bike?
Old 12-09-2005, 12:38 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
My first ticket ever was on the drive to Dallas for a wedding with the entire family in the car.
It was in a Lexus LS430 with the active cruise control set up at around 87mph (max speed it can be set to). Speed limit was 60mph if I remember so I got 17mph over. I took a class and I got it taken off. It sucked because just a minute ago, we stopped and that's when I started to drive. Brand new car, brand new driver and my dad was in the passenger seat. My aunt was following in a LX470 right behind me, and she stopped as well, she also got a ticket.

My second ticket was failure to turn left. Don't ask, it's a b.s. ticket and I have differed disposition on that. I have until January 11th, then it becomes clear as long as I don't get another ticket.

I've had about thirty or so warnings and small pull over incidents just for random things. I guess it's being brown, driving a bimmer, and what not. Who cares, they are just doing their job.. sometimes
Old 12-09-2005, 02:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300SEL
how bout almost T-bone'ing a police cruiser (that was making an illegal Y-turn) coming around a blind corner doing 60 in a 35. that was some funny stuff. the s-class (w126) was listing pretty good at that point, took so heroics not to hit the stupid cop.
Old 12-09-2005, 10:31 AM

Metro Card : (
Originally Posted by nlpamg
This was when I was 17, my first speeding ticket ever. I was driving my C280 Sport on PCH. I pull up to the light alongside an old lady in a 740il and two punk *** ricers in a riced out old Civic. The ricers were revving trying to get the old lady in the 740 to race them. I decide to start revving. I completely smoked them with my windows down sunroof open music blaring.

All of a sudden, a bike cop comes out of the bushes. Pulls me over and I'm totally scared ****less and am like "uh, I'm soooo sorry officer. here's my license and insurance card." He's like you're registration and I say "oh ****, I totally forgot and I rummage through my glovebox to find it." I give it to him. He's like "I pulled you over for speeding," I reply, "I am soooo sorry officer, I don't know what was happening..." And he's like, "it's ok, we all get caught up once in a while..." I then ask him how fast I was going, he's like "do you really want to know? 97" And, I'm thinking ****! This is a 30mph zone. I ask him, "are you going to write me up for that?" and his reply, "no, you're nice." He wrote me up for 43.

Nothing like the others stories, but well it's a story.

Mark, that is CRAZY! Were you on a bike?
Wait, an officer on a bicycle pulled you over while you were doing 97mph?

I am sure you mean bike as in Chips style motorcycle.
Old 12-09-2005, 04:24 PM
Super Moderator

Received 58 Likes on 16 Posts
2019 GT3 RS, 2017 M3 30 Jahre
Originally Posted by jsloan01
Wait, an officer on a bicycle pulled you over while you were doing 97mph?

I am sure you mean bike as in Chips style motorcycle.
yep, I mean bike as in motorcycle...

damn chippies!
Old 12-10-2005, 12:29 PM

2006 C230 SS
Originally Posted by ricky.agrawal
My first ticket ever was on the drive to Dallas for a wedding with the entire family in the car.
It was in a Lexus LS430 with the active cruise control set up at around 87mph (max speed it can be set to). Speed limit was 60mph if I remember so I got 17mph over. I took a class and I got it taken off. It sucked because just a minute ago, we stopped and that's when I started to drive. Brand new car, brand new driver and my dad was in the passenger seat. My aunt was following in a LX470 right behind me, and she stopped as well, she also got a ticket.

My second ticket was failure to turn left. Don't ask, it's a b.s. ticket and I have differed disposition on that. I have until January 11th, then it becomes clear as long as I don't get another ticket.

I've had about thirty or so warnings and small pull over incidents just for random things. I guess it's being brown, driving a bimmer, and what not. Who cares, they are just doing their job.. sometimes

i got some gay tickets too... look at my post... i love being brown
Old 12-10-2005, 12:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1951 Caterpiller D6
Originally Posted by rrpnow
i got some gay tickets too... look at my post... i love being brown
Minority benefits and affirmative action quotas must be nice!
Old 12-10-2005, 03:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1999 C280
Originally Posted by C43AMG
and yes, I have the speed bug.

I can vouch for the fact that he has the speed bug. Sat morning of october 8th, a couple w202 guys and one w210 guy were driving up from a restop in edison at 830 am in the pouring rain. Its a good thing we had ezpass cause i know for a fact that we hit spurts of 75-80 mph in the pouring rain on the parkway..... its that goddamn c43 he has. if he was driving my car im sure he wouldnt be inclined to drive that fast :p :p :p
Old 12-10-2005, 05:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
98 Black C43 , 08' ML320 CDI ,11 E63
It was in a Lexus LS430 with the active cruise control set up at around 87mph (max speed it can be set to). Speed limit was 60mph if I remember so I got 17mph over.
Ricky , 87-60 = 27 mph. What have you been doing , cutting math class ? :p
Old 12-10-2005, 05:16 PM
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by C43AMG
Ricky , 87-60 = 27 mph. What have you been doing , cutting math class ? :p
Er, maybe the speed limit was 70?
Hell I don't know, and it's not on the record (as far as I know) so I'm out of that
Old 12-10-2005, 05:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
98 Black C43 , 08' ML320 CDI ,11 E63
Er, maybe the speed limit was 70?
Hell I don't know, and it's not on the record (as far as I know) so I'm out of that
I notice you didn't deny cutting class though. :p
Old 12-10-2005, 05:20 PM
Out Of Control!!

Sssh, it was winter break.. or something like that.
Old 12-11-2005, 01:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

95 Audi urS6 Quattro
I get very lucky quite often, cops take pity on me ( I guess ). It was around 12 midnight, I am out coming back from my friends house in the ML, and I decide to take riverside drive (twisty road on the west side of manhattan ) instead of the henry hudson parkway. When you reach 134th street, you enter a span that goes over harlem, it is the smoothest, straighest road you'll find in the city, its about a 1/4 of a mile long. And I love hitting it in that area. As I come out onto the straight, from a light, I punch it, promptly I hit 50, then I see a cop parked, lights off, radar gun pointed at me, and Im thinking oh ****.. I hammer the brakes, slow to 30, the cops looks at me, takes his index finger and motions "thats a no no" he doesnt pull out, and I keep going. ( 30mph speed limit )

Another time I was heading up to bear mountain ( about 2 weeks ago ) I was in the rover, I was stuck behind a slow car doing maybe 65, and once I get enough space, ( rover needs like 11 car lengths to pass, very slow. ) I pass him on the right, at around 85 mph. Now this is on a downhill, and at the bottom of the hill there are two state troopers with radar guns. When I see them, I just finish passing the guy doing 85mph in a 50. I quickly slow down to traffic speed, both the cops look at me and shake their heads. Luck again. I need a radar detector.. and I need to stop speeding haha.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What's your best speeding ticket story?