Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

My C36 just lost to an SRT-4!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-29-2006, 11:30 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 Dodge SRT-4
Talking My C36 just lost to an SRT-4!!!

So I was just driving home from Fazoli's in my 2003 SRT-4 and I saw a C36 AMG leaving the parking lot the same direction as me. Hoping to bait him in behind me I took off kinda hard and he floored it and got next to me at the next red light. I could tell he wanted to race and I was curious what this thing was capable of. I've never raced one before and I didn't know how fast they were supposed to be. So after a minute or so the light turns green and we were off. Not only did I have him off the line but I continued to pull away up to 80 mph when I let off. I gradually slowed back down to the speed limit hoping to get a chance to talk to him. Of course feeling embarrased he would not roll his window down when he passed me and he randomly floored it after he got in front of me. He made a right turn and I decided to follow him hoping to get a roll on with him. But every time I tried to get next to him he would floor it randomly. I couldn't even get within 3 car lengths of him without him running away like a ***** . So I decided to try to catch him by flooring it. I was already about to pass him at 100 when I slowed down do to traffic and curves in the road. He continued to run away and turn into a residential area which was most likely his house. This is the kind of driving that you come to expect from ricer Mcfruitcake but you think you would avoid this from someone driving an overpriced German sedan. I guess when someone has paid so much for a performance car and they lose to a Dodge there's nothing to do but try to deny it . This all went down in Chino Hills, CA. So if the person who is responsible for this would like a rematch or just wants to talk cars let me know.
Old 01-29-2006, 11:37 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Wait, so what car were you in? The SRT-4?

The thread title totally threw me off.
Old 01-29-2006, 11:41 PM
Almost a Member!

2003 Dodge SRT-4
SRT-4 Vs. C36 AMG incredible!!!

So I was just driving home from Fazoli's in my 2003 SRT-4 and I saw a C36 AMG leaving the parking lot the same direction as me. Hoping to bait him in behind me I took off kinda hard and he floored it and got next to me at the next red light. I could tell he wanted to race and I was curious what this thing was capable of. I've never raced one before and I didn't know how fast they were supposed to be. So after a minute or so the light turns green and we were off. Not only did I have him off the line but I continued to pull away up to 80 mph when I let off. I gradually slowed back down to the speed limit hoping to get a chance to talk to him. Of course feeling embarrased he would not roll his window down when he passed me and he randomly floored it after he got in front of me. He made a right turn and I decided to follow him hoping to get a roll on with him. But every time I tried to get next to him he would floor it randomly. I couldn't even get within 3 car lengths of him without him running away like a ricer. So I decided to try to catch him by flooring it. I was already about to pass him at 100 when I slowed down do to traffic and curves in the road. He continued to run away and turn into a residential area which was most likely his house. This is the kind of driving that you come to expect from ricer Mcfruitcake but you think you would avoid this from someone driving an overpriced German sedan. I guess when someone has paid so much for a performance car and they lose to a Dodge there's nothing to do but try to deny it. This all went down in Chino Hills, CA. So if the person who is responsible for this would like a rematch or just wants to talk cars let me know.
Old 01-29-2006, 11:44 PM

08' BMW E92 Coupe
if your looking for the guy, your in the wrong forum bro. mercedes stopped production on the C36 nearly 10 years ago. try the C36/C43 forum, maybe he's on there.
Old 01-29-2006, 11:49 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
a quarter mile at a time
hhhhmmmm. First post, contradicting title and content.

1 - C36's are W202's not W203's.
2 - This should be in the Kill Stories forum at least, maybe in the W202 forum
3 - Stock SRT-4's do the 1/4 mi in about 14.1, a stock C36 should run close to a 15s 1/4 mile, so especially from a rolling start, you SHOULD have won.
Old 01-29-2006, 11:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 221 Likes on 172 Posts
R230 SL63 | W220 S55
I wouldn't call an AMG driver a "ricer." It's just...well, too damn degrading. Any mods on that SRT-4? One came up on me on the expressway. Blowoff valve and exhaust, not too sure what else. He thought he could take me...he was wrong...very wrong.

Another time, was in my friend's Testarossa and a different SRT-4 came up and wanted to fool around. I think one can assume the outcome.

Man you SRT-4 guys like to play aroun on the highway.

Just gotta be careful, read about a 500 hp Mopar Stage 6 mod (I belive it was stage 6...read it a while ago, recollection slightly vague).

Peace
Old 01-29-2006, 11:55 PM

2005 C230K
Get ready to be flamed also.....considering you can get a c36 for about 10 grand...it only has 276 hp.....and it is safer than an srt4 will ever be. The srt4 is just the lightest car dodge could make without killing the drivers in a collision and then put a small fi'd motor in it. I admit the srt-4 is a quick car.....but I would never want to go fast in one.....you could drive it through a metal detector and it wouldnt go off.
Old 01-29-2006, 11:56 PM

2005 C230
I made an SRT-4 hit the wall beacause he ws riding my *** so i break checked him and pulled rite and hit the wall and tried to keep driivng but ended up scratching the right side of his car.....Fuc**n loser...i hate MOST SRT-4 drivers....*****s
Old 01-30-2006, 12:00 AM
Out Of Control!!

a quarter mile at a time
See my reply in the W203 forum.

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=135228
Old 01-30-2006, 12:02 AM
Almost a Member!

2003 Dodge SRT-4
Excuses excuses thats all I hear. I realize I should have posted in the W202 section afterwards thanks, and by the way I am not most SRT-4 drivers. I know other people with SRT-4s and I understand how annoyingly stupid they are.
Old 01-30-2006, 12:08 AM
Out Of Control!!

Moving to Kill Stories. I'll merge the other threads.
Old 01-30-2006, 12:09 AM
Almost a Member!

2003 Dodge SRT-4
C-class

Originally Posted by Humbucker87
Get ready to be flamed also.....considering you can get a c36 for about 10 grand...it only has 276 hp.....and it is safer than an srt4 will ever be. The srt4 is just the lightest car dodge could make without killing the drivers in a collision and then put a small fi'd motor in it. I admit the srt-4 is a quick car.....but I would never want to go fast in one.....you could drive it through a metal detector and it wouldnt go off.
-------------------------
Only 276 horsepower, well the srt-4 only has 230. And when the C36 came out it was around a rediculos 50k. SRT-4 20k. And if you want to talk about metal anything plastic on my car is also plastic on a C-class. Besides the main shell/frame of the car being of steel, all other major components are also steel: hood, trunk, doors and so on. You can't deny the fact that the lousy C-class is an embarrassment to Mercedes. A Honda Accord offers better quality value safety and reliability so enough excuses.
Old 01-30-2006, 12:12 AM

2005 C230K
Hope you enjoy my paint skills. LOL

Old 01-30-2006, 12:13 AM

2005 C230
Originally Posted by Moparsrule
Only 276 horsepower, well the srt-4 only has 230. And when the C36 came out it was around a rediculos 50k. SRT-4 20k. And if you want to talk about metal anything plastic on my car is also plastic on a C-class. Besides the main shell/frame of the car being of steel, all other major components are also steel: hood, trunk, doors and so on. You can't deny the fact that the lousy C-class is an embarrassment to Mercedes. A Honda Accord offers better quality value safety and reliability so enough excuses.

At least our backseats have power windows...scrub
Old 01-30-2006, 12:13 AM
Out Of Control!!

Hey come on guys, keep it clean.
Old 01-30-2006, 12:16 AM

2005 C230
Originally Posted by ricky.agrawal
Hey come on guys, keep it clean.

lol common....he comes in here and flames.....its not my fault he drives a neon....gosh
Almost a Member!

2003 Dodge SRT-4
Originally Posted by Untouchable08
At least our backseats have power windows...scrub

Hold on is that another excuse I'm hearing??
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 C230 Coupe(M111)
SRt4 is a fast little car...really. But the poster is a real dip****.

And BTW, aside from that gem of an engine, the rest of the Neon is a piece of ****.
Old 01-30-2006, 12:17 AM

C280
Wow, that's an interesting story. Sorry man, it wasn't me you were racing though, I live way the hell out here in Cincinnati! First off, let me say that the SRT4 is no joke. As a performance crazy geek, I dig anything that goes fast, especially low displacement, high reving four cylinders. Not to mention ones that feed off gobs of compressed air. I never liked the Neon, ever. I always thought it was nothing but a turd. Then came the SRT4. My opinion completely changed. How can you beat a low 14 second (that sounds right doesn't it?) sport compact that comes with a warranty? You can't. So I respect your car, no doubt. I have one question though. Why do you think you are such hot ***** just because you beat a C36? Don't deny it either. You came to a mercedes forum with an oversized head bragging about how you destroyed it. I'm not calling you a liar either. I can bet, as much as I hate to admit it, that an SRT4 is probably a little bit quicker than a c36. I do however think you are exagerating just a bit. Just my opinion. Unless you had someone in the car with you to watch the race. Unless you were that stupid to be racing while watching the other car. But opinions are like A$$holes right? Again, I don't deny that it was a bull***** race though. I'm sorry, but I just have no respect for the guys that drive Cavaliers, Cobalts, Focuses, and Neons, that feel like they have to prove something to rest of the automotive community. I'm not trying to say that I make more money or I'm better than you because I drive a Mercedes. Chances are I don't. I'm poor as hell. But if it isn't expensive heavy german sedans you're after, it's Hondas. If its not popular japanese imports, its v8 muscle your trying to prove something to. Seriously, I know guys that build Civics that could run circles around most cars from AMG. Face it 500bhp in a small light weight car will win everytime. But I don't go to the AMG forums and brag about it. I'm sure that even I could build a riding lawnmower that would crush an SRT4 in the quarter mile. Again to recap. I love your car. I like SRT4's and to be honest, if I had the money, I would buy one. Well, I guess what I could have just said, to keep it all short would be: "So what. What's your damn point?"
Old 01-30-2006, 12:20 AM
Almost a Member!

2003 Dodge SRT-4
Originally Posted by Humbucker87
Hope you enjoy my paint skills. LOL

Once again EXCUSES. I do not drive recklessly thank you. In fact I almost got hit by someone in a C230 a while ago because he was so angry that he was in the wrong lane to get on the freeway. So angry that after he cut someone else off to get on the freeway he threatened to throw a glass bottle out the window at me on the freeway. The only thing that stopped him was me on my cell phone about to call the cops.
Old 01-30-2006, 12:22 AM
Out Of Control!!

a quarter mile at a time
Stock SRT-4's are known to be unerrated by a gross margin. Sport Compact Car dyno'd a stock SRT-4 and got 223 hp and 250 lb-ft of torque to its front wheels. This roughly translates into (considering 15% drivetrain loss) to 265hp at the crank. This in a car that weighs 2,870lbs.

A Stock C36 AMG weighs considerably more, approximately 3,550lbs and only comes in a 5 speed automatic. I may have been off with my 1/4 mile times for the C36 (not sure) but in any case, stock for stock, the SRT-4 should beat a C36.

A Honda Accord offers better quality, value, safetly and reliability than any Dodge product.
Old 01-30-2006, 12:26 AM

2005 C230
Once again EXCUSES. I do not drive recklessly thank you. In fact I almost got hit by someone in a C230 a while ago because he was so angry that he was in the wrong lane to get on the freeway. So angry that after he cut someone else off to get on the freeway he threatened to throw a glass bottle out the window at me on the freeway. The only thing that stopped him was me on my cell phone about to call the cops.

Are you really that ugly that someone had to get in the wrong lane?

Don't come in here talking **** about our car...noone said **** about ur car till you had to be a lil ****y ******* like most of your drivers......
Old 01-30-2006, 12:27 AM

2005 C230K
I am not making excuses i am just further proving that dodge reduced the weight in that car so much that they risk safety to claim "the only 5 second car for under 20,000 or whatever it is"
Old 01-30-2006, 12:30 AM
Almost a Member!

2003 Dodge SRT-4
040Mercedes best response

Wow that was the best response yet. Finally someone who has the ability to process thoughts and opinions in an organized manner. I'ts not that I think I'm hot **** cause I won a race, I win on a daily basis . But the fact that when you beat someone they continue to drive recklessly and run away from the truth. I do not drive recklessly, that is why I slowed down when I was about to pass this guy, if I would have continued we both would have crashed but he refuses to admit that he lost. My point is to try to find this person and to let people know how not to act when stoplight racing anyone. I like all kinds of cars especially V8 musclecars, but the Srt-4 is fun too cause it catches people by surprise and even if you lose theres no shame cause you know what you paid and its really an enjoyable car to drive and own.
Old 01-30-2006, 12:30 AM

C280
Originally Posted by e1000
Stock SRT-4's are known to be unerrated by a gross margin. Sport Compact Car dyno'd a stock SRT-4 and got 223 hp and 250 lb-ft of torque to its front wheels. This roughly translates into (considering 15% drivetrain loss) to 265hp at the crank. This in a car that weighs 2,870lbs.

A Stock C36 AMG weighs considerably more, approximately 3,550lbs and only comes in a 5 speed automatic. I may have been off with my 1/4 mile times for the C36 (not sure) but in any case, stock for stock, the SRT-4 should beat a C36.

A Honda Accord offers better quality, value, safetly and reliability than any Dodge product.

The last sentence is the punchline, which made me laugh my a$$ off. Face it, Mopar boy, you lost.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My C36 just lost to an SRT-4!!!