Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

Dubai races-SLR vs C6 Z06

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 02:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by Thericker
Bro are you kidding? there are countless mags that have the C6 Z06 way lower than those ****y times on dragtimes.BS also how bout Rangers Bone Sock C6 Z06 running 10.85 @ 130 something? didn't want to beat that dead horse again but if your going to throw up thosse Cherry picked SLR times? Touche'

And lets just forget that made up fake video above as well

Nobody running the 2007 Z06?

As far as rangers time, LOL it is also not completely accurate. I just ran his posted slip. He correctly lists his DA but unfortunately he was a BIT OFF. Here is his actual time which is FASTER THAN ANY SLR time. While we have a million Z06 runs we have only 2 SLR runs, why no 2007 Vette times? Rangers corrected time is INCREDIBLE assuming he is actually stock. Also please remember the SLR is likely not running drag radials the difference in 60 ft times is HUGELY in favor of the Z06. So the SLR begins to reel a vette in likely by 1/8th mile. It is obvious from 60 ft times that Ranger is a MUCH MUCH MUCH better drag racer than the dealership driver of the SLR. The video is pretty shoddy IMO. I am quite certain our video production will be far superior. Props to Ranger, guy is a great driver and the Z06 when allowed traction is a MONSTER! Do you really honestly think the Z06 to the average driver is faster than the SLR?

The closest weather results for 11/04/2006 at 12:14 pm

Time recorded 11:52 AM
Temperature °F 44.1
Dew Point °F 19.9
Altimeter Setting 30.56 in Mercury
Density Altitude: -1573.9 feet Track Elelvation: 80 feet

UnCorrected ET:
10.856 (sec) @ 129.5 (MPH)

Corrected ET to Sea Level:
11.035 (sec) @ 127.309 (MPH)

Here is the corrected SLR time

The closest weather results for 03/16/2007 at 02:33 pm

Time recorded 2:53 PM
Temperature °F 84.9
Dew Point °F 64.9
Altimeter Setting 29.82 in Mercury
Density Altitude: 2070.8 feet
Track Elelvation: 23 feet

UnCorrected ET:
11.42 (sec) @ 126.52 (MPH)

11.147 (sec) @ 129.694 (MPH)
Old 05-23-2007, 02:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by juicee63
Nobody running the 2007 Z06?

As far as rangers time, LOL it is also not completely accurate. I just ran his posted slip. He correctly lists his DA but unfortunately he was a BIT OFF. Here is his actual time which is FASTER THAN ANY SLR time. While we have a million Z06 runs we have only 2 SLR runs, why no 2007 Vette times? Rangers corrected time is INCREDIBLE assuming he is actually stock. Also please remember the SLR is likely not running drag radials the difference in 60 ft times is HUGELY in favor of the Z06. So the SLR begins to reel a vette in likely by 1/8th mile. It is obvious from 60 ft times that Ranger is a MUCH MUCH MUCH better drag racer than the dealership driver of the SLR. The video is pretty shoddy IMO. I am quite certain our video production will be far superior. Props to Ranger, guy is a great driver and the Z06 when allowed traction is a MONSTER! Do you really honestly think the Z06 to the average driver is faster than the SLR?

The closest weather results for 11/04/2006 at 12:14 pm

Time recorded 11:52 AM
Temperature °F 44.1
Dew Point °F 19.9
Altimeter Setting 30.56 in Mercury
Density Altitude: -1573.9 feet Track Elelvation: 80 feet

UnCorrected ET:
10.856 (sec) @ 129.5 (MPH)

11.035 (sec) @ 127.309 (MPH)

Here is the corrected SLR time

The closest weather results for 03/16/2007 at 02:33 pm

Time recorded 2:53 PM
Temperature °F 84.9
Dew Point °F 64.9
Altimeter Setting 29.82 in Mercury
Density Altitude: 2070.8 feet
Track Elelvation: 23 feet

UnCorrected ET:
11.42 (sec) @ 126.52 (MPH)

11.147 (sec) @ 129.694 (MPH)
Put it this way man, a very SMALL precentage of any of these supercars, is in capable hands, yes I'd easily say on average the SLR would. should beat C6 Z06, it's a fukin Automatic, Ranger also ran many other street races, I followed his posts, he ran SL65's etc beating them as well but noting more times than the nod would go to the 5 speed Auto benz, just to damn consistant, to top w/manual

Which would I rather have if both were similar in price? The SLR in a heartbeat! the C6 and Z06 are nearly 95 % the same car minus the extra power and the top benzos get my nod anyday, there equally beautiful in my eyes but creature comforts, interior, HUGE torque, no question MERCEDES

Enough w/the corrected slips already??? I say whatever the slip says is final In the entire last 3-4 years or so that I've been here I've never seen anyone cling to this crap so tightly

Last edited by Thericker; 05-23-2007 at 02:58 AM.
Old 05-23-2007, 03:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mymbonline
there are much more variables w/ a z06, thats why the times vary widely. an slr is simple to lauch, brake torque a tiny bit and your off, no wheelspin, nothing, then just keep it floored

that ****in SUV is nuts
Old 05-23-2007, 04:02 AM

1999 CLK430 (sold) 03 CL55
benz are nothing special in launching you know, their just ****...nothing good to look at...they just have alot of torque thats all, there just too damn much damn easy to drive nowadays, just mash n go, thats all....nothing special...

I mean, just better off with a Honda Civic SI, 6-spd manual...you probably can dump a couple of mods in there and hit 13 secs.

oooo oooo! 2007 Honda Civic SI vs Mercedes-Benz Mclaren SLR, but the Civic has to be modded ofcourse who else it wont be a fair match, right?
Old 05-23-2007, 04:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
Originally Posted by John 99CLK430
benz are nothing special in launching you know, their just ****...nothing good to look at...they just have alot of torque thats all, there just too damn much damn easy to drive nowadays, just mash n go, thats all....nothing special...

I mean, just better off with a Honda Civic SI, 6-spd manual...you probably can dump a couple of mods in there and hit 13 secs.

oooo oooo! 2007 Honda Civic SI vs Mercedes-Benz Mclaren SLR, but the Civic has to be modded ofcourse who else it wont be a fair match, right?
have you tried launching an e55? didnt think so

sounds like an angry 10 year old wrote your post
Old 05-23-2007, 04:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
Put it this way man, a very SMALL precentage of any of these supercars, is in capable hands, yes I'd easily say on average the SLR would. should beat C6 Z06, it's a fukin Automatic, Ranger also ran many other street races, I followed his posts, he ran SL65's etc beating them as well but noting more times than the nod would go to the 5 speed Auto benz, just to damn consistant, to top w/manual

Which would I rather have if both were similar in price? The SLR in a heartbeat! the C6 and Z06 are nearly 95 % the same car minus the extra power and the top benzos get my nod anyday, there equally beautiful in my eyes but creature comforts, interior, HUGE torque, no question MERCEDES

Enough w/the corrected slips already??? I say whatever the slip says is final In the entire last 3-4 years or so that I've been here I've never seen anyone cling to this crap so tightly
Dude I take the time to do it because it is the only way to TRULY compare two cars. RANGER put his DA on his slip because it was important to note!!!! He was off by a bit but to his credit he knew he was at negative DA. It really helps and you should stop trivializing it. Ranger is a legend he posts his DA, as we all should, if we want to be recognized in other parts of the USA and around the world. Ranger obviously knows the importance of correcting times to improve on his own runs He likely runs the car at more than just MIR! The SLR guys are not drag racers, the E55 guys are way less affected by DA(they should still post it). The N/A corvette motors are 100% affected by DA. You need to embrace the truth and stop being a sheep and following the bad habits of the others. It is IMPERATIVE, CRITICAL to all MB drag racers not only to SCAN SLIPS but to also note any other relavant factors affecting time down the track. The guys like to see slips because it allows for some detailed analysis of the run. You posting 0-60 times is a step in the wrong direction. If you want the data to be disseminated give us more info. Where were the tests done, what rag did you pull the times from? What was the temp during the test? I am not the one posting incomplete data sets and drawing baseless conclusions. From the corrected times I admit on the drag strip a Z06 driven by Ranger is faster than any stock SLR down a 1/4 mile track. I also believe without hesitation the SLR would reel the Z06 in. At what speed were the cars in the video traveling? How long was the race? The video is useless , its completely assinine to suggest from that ****ttte eee vid the Z06 is a faster car than the SLR. From the drag data the Z06 is faster in the 1/4 mile. Of course hard to duplicate Rangers sub eleven pass. I think an SLR with drag radials driven by E55JAY would come close if not beat Ranger. You can keep festering in the ignorant past of providing no data or you can embrace science and gain some insight into how weather and altitude affect your Corvette and other N/A motors. Would you rather race an E55 at sea level or at the top of Mount Wilson? Do you Know?
Old 05-23-2007, 04:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
the SLR will most definitely pull on a z06 at higher speeds, there was a test not long ago in a european mag and ****if i remember correctly**** the z06 dropped back like 3 places from 150-186, again, if i remember correctly it was ahead of the ford gt and 997tt and both of them passed it somewhere between 150-186, dont recall the other car. the gearing kills that car
Old 05-23-2007, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by AMG_55
have you tried launching an e55? didnt think so

sounds like an angry 10 year old wrote your post
Oh right on bro, looks like you didn't get the joke, it's okay everybody misses the boat sometimes.

and it's funny your trying to tell me about how a E55 launches...I know a person who can launch one really well wanna meet him? But apparently gumball driver over here likes to drive w/ ESP off.

If you hate Benz so much, go buy a Honda Civic so it doesn't "break" down on you so much.
Old 05-23-2007, 11:36 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W211 E55
Enough w/the corrected slips already??? I say whatever the slip says is final

Cool. What do your slips say?
Old 05-23-2007, 12:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
Oh right on bro, looks like you didn't get the joke, it's okay everybody misses the boat sometimes.

and it's funny your trying to tell me about how a E55 launches...I know a person who can launch one really well wanna meet him? But apparently gumball driver over here likes to drive w/ ESP off.

If you hate Benz so much, go buy a Honda Civic so it doesn't "break" down on you so much.

anyone can launch "well" with the esp on, no ****
never been to gumball, think its stupid, dunno where that came from

i did get the sarcasm, it just made no sense whatsoever

and i have a porsche that hasnt broken down yet, why would i need a civic?

who said i hate benz?

how many benzes have you owned/extensively driven?
i speak from experience, i dont just blab random **** like an angry little kid
Old 05-23-2007, 01:48 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
Rb26dett Ftmfw!~!
Old 05-23-2007, 02:09 PM

anyone can launch "well" with the esp on, no ****
never been to gumball, think its stupid, dunno where that came from

i did get the sarcasm, it just made no sense whatsoever

and i have a porsche that hasnt broken down yet, why would i need a civic?

who said i hate benz?

how many benzes have you owned/extensively driven?
i speak from experience, i dont just blab random **** like an angry little kid

anyone can launch well with it off I guess huh...no ****..
Never been to Gumball either but obviously you prolly don't have a clue what it's about do you? Cars like SLRs, Lambos, Ferraris race in those type of events, cars you dream of owning.

If you got the sarcasm then you wouldn't of came off like a d*ck about it, right "kid?"

Because Civic saves you gas and the less strains on maintaining a car that requires high maintence such as the car you mentioned, you know you want a Civic...

Apparently you dislike Benz or you just aren't that fond of them when you tried to throw me that bull**** bulletin that you got your *** told when you were talking about how Benz broke down blah blah, I got a Benz and I already told you the major thing I got repaired on the car was just getting Oil changes.

I have owned 1 Benz, and proud of it and nothing has gone wrong, but that don't mean I haven't driven other cars either kid, now if you wanna keep calling me that go ahead, cause it seems like your the little angry kid here that keeps on talking ish.

Don't be mad.
Old 05-23-2007, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by BenzoBoi
Rb26dett Ftmfw!~!
Enough said,
Old 05-23-2007, 05:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
anyone can launch well with it off I guess huh...no ****..
Never been to Gumball either but obviously you prolly don't have a clue what it's about do you? Cars like SLRs, Lambos, Ferraris race in those type of events, cars you dream of owning.

If you got the sarcasm then you wouldn't of came off like a d*ck about it, right "kid?"

Because Civic saves you gas and the less strains on maintaining a car that requires high maintence such as the car you mentioned, you know you want a Civic...

Apparently you dislike Benz or you just aren't that fond of them when you tried to throw me that bull**** bulletin that you got your *** told when you were talking about how Benz broke down blah blah, I got a Benz and I already told you the major thing I got repaired on the car was just getting Oil changes.

I have owned 1 Benz, and proud of it and nothing has gone wrong, but that don't mean I haven't driven other cars either kid, now if you wanna keep calling me that go ahead, cause it seems like your the little angry kid here that keeps on talking ish.

Don't be mad.

thanks, that was very entertaining

FYI, id take a z06 over an slr any day, if i couldnt re-sell it

i dream of owning a Zonda F and gullwing, that it, no exceptions, i have high "standards", what can i say
Old 05-23-2007, 05:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by ChicagoX
Cool. What do your slips say?
Come on bro, you know the answer to that, I haven't taken her due mainly to the 7+hr total drive to closest track LACR, admittedly by everyone that's been to it the worst prepped, maintained, etc.. track in the countrry.
Old 05-23-2007, 05:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by juicee63
Dude I take the time to do it because it is the only way to TRULY compare two cars. RANGER put his DA on his slip because it was important to note!!!! He was off by a bit but to his credit he knew he was at negative DA. It really helps and you should stop trivializing it. Ranger is a legend he posts his DA, as we all should, if we want to be recognized in other parts of the USA and around the world. Ranger obviously knows the importance of correcting times to improve on his own runs He likely runs the car at more than just MIR! The SLR guys are not drag racers, the E55 guys are way less affected by DA(they should still post it). The N/A corvette motors are 100% affected by DA. You need to embrace the truth and stop being a sheep and following the bad habits of the others. It is IMPERATIVE, CRITICAL to all MB drag racers not only to SCAN SLIPS but to also note any other relavant factors affecting time down the track. The guys like to see slips because it allows for some detailed analysis of the run. You posting 0-60 times is a step in the wrong direction. If you want the data to be disseminated give us more info. Where were the tests done, what rag did you pull the times from? What was the temp during the test? I am not the one posting incomplete data sets and drawing baseless conclusions. From the corrected times I admit on the drag strip a Z06 driven by Ranger is faster than any stock SLR down a 1/4 mile track. I also believe without hesitation the SLR would reel the Z06 in. At what speed were the cars in the video traveling? How long was the race? The video is useless , its completely assinine to suggest from that ****ttte eee vid the Z06 is a faster car than the SLR. From the drag data the Z06 is faster in the 1/4 mile. Of course hard to duplicate Rangers sub eleven pass. I think an SLR with drag radials driven by E55JAY would come close if not beat Ranger. You can keep festering in the ignorant past of providing no data or you can embrace science and gain some insight into how weather and altitude affect your Corvette and other N/A motors. Would you rather race an E55 at sea level or at the top of Mount Wilson? Do you Know?
I didn't list any of the other data because "It wasn't given" 0-60 along w/1/4 miles were from Car&Driver, Motortrend, etc...

I see and appreciate your enthusiasm but feel listing a HYPOTHETICAL ETA is pointless! to many variables, not all about DA, humidity, weather, you know a skilled or seasoned 1/4 miler will kill you in your own car at the same track, same time etc..

You can't claim ETA's you never ran, sure the calculations are kool for personal comparison, future mods, but you list it as if it's a GIVEN? Sorry doesn't work that way.... In Calif at LACR your times are what they are.
Old 05-23-2007, 07:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
Thumbs up

I didn't list any of the other data because "It wasn't given" 0-60 along w/1/4 miles were from Car&Driver, Motortrend, etc...

I see and appreciate your enthusiasm but feel listing a HYPOTHETICAL ETA is pointless! to many variables, not all about DA, humidity, weather, you know a skilled or seasoned 1/4 miler will kill you in your own car at the same track, same time etc..

You can't claim ETA's you never ran, sure the calculations are kool for personal comparison, future mods, but you list it as if it's a GIVEN? Sorry doesn't work that way.... In Calif at LACR your times are what they are.

Its listed very clearly as a "CORRECTED TIME" and it is a given, its as much a given as the gravity that keeps you planted firmly on the Earths surface. Can you see it? Is it there? You did not answer the only improtant question in my post. You only are losing your races with 55's because you are not thinking! It takes alot more to race than simply mashing the pedal. Ranger does the correction so does every experienced drag racer. You keep believing what you want. You will not change the laws of physics simply because you fail to understand them. Nature is going to be there whether you have 500hp or 1000hp. Good luck man. You need to walk towards the light, when you do you will beat the 55 and many other cars. If you do not you will fall victim to many.
Old 05-23-2007, 08:08 PM

thanks, that was very entertaining

FYI, id take a z06 over an slr any day, if i couldnt re-sell it

i dream of owning a Zonda F and gullwing, that it, no exceptions, i have high "standards", what can i say
NP Bro, as long as we understand each other that's all that matters.

I love Corvettes, always have always will problem in comparing SLR to Corvette, SLR costs way too much and I'm not gonna disagree with you either, it's re-sale value is ****. But if we really are comparing, then you'd have to agree with me the SLR is built much more elegant and precision.

As crazy as this will sound, I dream of owning a Geo Metro converting it to RWD-Rear Engine and stuffing a 572 TT setup in the back.
Old 05-23-2007, 08:43 PM

2001 CLK55 AMG
Come on bro, you know the answer to that, I haven't taken her due mainly to the 7+hr total drive to closest track LACR, admittedly by everyone that's been to it the worst prepped, maintained, etc.. track in the countrry.
A touch off topic, but...7+ hours and you live in SoCal? I live in NorCal & I can get to LACR in under 7 hours....?
Old 05-23-2007, 11:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by Diogenes00
A touch off topic, but...7+ hours and you live in SoCal? I live in NorCal & I can get to LACR in under 7 hours....?
Round trip = 7+ hrs IE...one (1) way is 3 1/2 hrs no way is that a short EZ trip I live in Santa Barbara, The above is considering smooth traffic common 101-405 traffic jams can turn this into double the time, I commute to LA a lot, traffic on any wk day is horrendous

Last edited by Thericker; 05-23-2007 at 11:22 PM.
Old 05-24-2007, 03:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
Round trip = 7+ hrs IE...one (1) way is 3 1/2 hrs no way is that a short EZ trip I live in Santa Barbara, The above is considering smooth traffic common 101-405 traffic jams can turn this into double the time, I commute to LA a lot, traffic on any wk day is horrendous
LA traffic is really unbe****inglivable

couple of times it took me 2 hours to get to northridge from bh (20 mi or so) on the 405fwy, by the time i got there class was over
Old 05-24-2007, 03:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
NP Bro, as long as we understand each other that's all that matters.

I love Corvettes, always have always will problem in comparing SLR to Corvette, SLR costs way too much and I'm not gonna disagree with you either, it's re-sale value is ****. But if we really are comparing, then you'd have to agree with me the SLR is built much more elegant and precision.

As crazy as this will sound, I dream of owning a Geo Metro converting it to RWD-Rear Engine and stuffing a 572 TT setup in the back.

slr is definitely better built, but not $400,000 more better built

i personally think its pointless
Old 05-24-2007, 03:51 AM

996 C4, previously owned 996 c2, c32 amg, 350z, R33 GTR, R34 GTR

Those that can afford one dont seem to think so
Old 05-24-2007, 04:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo

I love the lines, look, etc..But deff over priced, totally agree, and the market also follows suit, w/heavy depreciation on all the top benzos. C6 Z06 is a stunna' looks wise, perf wise, but deff needs an interior to match it would then be
Old 05-24-2007, 04:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
LA traffic is really unbe****inglivable

couple of times it took me 2 hours to get to northridge from bh (20 mi or so) on the 405fwy, by the time i got there class was over
Every now & again I'll hit the 405 and actually be going 70mph but that is so, so, rare! I hate the damned traffic even coming home on the 101 N bound thru Oxnard-Ventura took me 2hrs just from the Onard to get back to SB, 4hrs total from LA I hate it more than anything!

Some times it's so bad, I'll just go hit a bar in LA & watch a game & have a beer while the traffic dies down.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.