Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

Lame kill but DAMNED FUN! 05' SL600 vs Caddy CTS-V

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-15-2008, 04:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Lame kill but DAMNED FUN! 05' SL600 vs Caddy CTS-V

Coming home from LA tonight, on my way thru Oxnard/Ventura on 101 N. I see a newer Caddy dart in & out of lanes in my rearview trying to catch me (I'm just cruising along at 75-80) he gets along side I'm not certain if he wants to race? or just gawkin' ? he does a mild fly bye I decide to mess w/him as I see/hear he's modded big aftermarket dual exhaust & louder than normal, but traffic isn't very condusive for a propper run.

So I just gave the SL a few bursts to catch up and show him he aint goin anywhere I see a huge open stretch in the slow lane then the entire frwy was clear for a couple miles, Caddy takes a huge jump as I couldn't move till he changed lanes, dweeb thinks he's home free about to put the pimp hand down on the benzo.

I quickly catch him & were side by side, then I play like he's got a shot and ease off the throttle a little & let him take 2 lengths, then I just stomp on it!! I pulled 25-30 lengths on him (as I hit 1xxmph I wanted to make it very clear he never had a chance in hell (he was literally the size of a pin-head in my rearview)

I lift at speeds better left to pm's & hit the hazard's to let him know it's over & I was off the throttle, so what seemed like a min gone by here come dork boy perfecting his pathetic "fly bye gag" big soar looser!

If your a lurker or a member on this board? Speak up you drove extremely poor oversteering while trying to jump in /out/lanes your Caddy had to be the 2007-2008 w/exhaust mods deff cat-back maybe even headers/tune all White w/Oklahoma plates. Funny I actually like them esp the upcoming 2009 w/de-tuned Supercharged C6 Z06 engine, now that Caddy will be a real racer until she starts leaving trails like Hansel & Grettle although NO bread crumbs pure engine pieces/oil/coolant/rear diff.

It was just so satisfying letting him think he could run near me, and then just pulling like a freight train pased him... Anyhow it was a great ending to a long day.
Old 06-15-2008, 05:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Whatever there's gas in...
nice kill..
Old 06-15-2008, 09:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sounds like a fun kill! Nice job!
Old 06-15-2008, 10:45 AM

06 SL65, 08 S550, 08 Range Rover SuperCharged
That's the most enjoyable part about having a V12 TT - staying next to a car that's on the gas and thinks you're racing, slowing a little so they think they're faster and then smashing the throttle and watching them disappear in the rearview mirror.
Old 06-15-2008, 04:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by MSL01
That's the most enjoyable part about having a V12 TT - staying next to a car that's on the gas and thinks you're racing, slowing a little so they think they're faster and then smashing the throttle and watching them disappear in the rearview mirror.
You deff know what I'm talking about! too much fun...

And thanx for the replies
Old 06-16-2008, 09:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
R35 GT-R, EvoX
Sounds like fun dude. The new CTS-V ain't out yet so it was probably just a regular CTS.

The new V should be a pretty formidable opponent...but I still may place my money on your monster V12TT

(off topic: WTF is that beast in your sig?!)
Old 06-16-2008, 12:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 563 Likes on 372 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
Awesome stuff Ricker.

Trending Topics

Old 06-16-2008, 02:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'08 M5, '10 Land Cruiser
Nice write up. You modded (engine/cosmetic) up yet? Any new pics bro?
Old 06-16-2008, 05:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 E55, '05 SLK55, a few others
Careful on the 101N leaving VTA, while in the blown W210, that's where I (ahem), was relieved of my license for 30+ days a few years back.
Old 06-16-2008, 06:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by ItalianStallion
Sounds like fun dude. The new CTS-V ain't out yet so it was probably just a regular CTS.

The new V should be a pretty formidable opponent...but I still may place my money on your monster V12TT

(off topic: WTF is that beast in your sig?!)
Yo bro! yeah I know it wasn't the new Supercharged version, it was like this 2007

2007 Cadillac CTS-V Side-by-Side Comparison
Kelley Blue Book Retail: Get Value Change Vehicle

Snapshot
EPA Fuel Economy:
City: 15 Highway: 24
Available Engines:
400-hp, 6.0-liter V-8

The 2009 will be pretty damn quick indeed..

(off topic: WTF is that beast in your sig?!) Believe it or not it's a Whippet! it's a REAL PICTURE NON photo-chopped, it has a genetic mutation of the Myostatin gene, when mutated it blocks the Myostatin from controling muscle growth, it makes an otherwise healthy dog w/DOUBLE MUSCLE!

I want to buy 1

Check out these pic's a regular Whippet playing w/Mutated one!!

She’s about twice the weight of an average whippet, but with the same height and small narrow head —

Last edited by Thericker; 06-16-2008 at 06:35 PM.
Old 06-16-2008, 06:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by Fast55
Careful on the 101N leaving VTA, while in the blown W210, that's where I (ahem), was relieved of my license for 30+ days a few years back.
I know it well bro thank you, they hide in (2) spots 1st under the frwy overpass 101S bound as you come into VTA, then I've spotted them where you did, my lil race started right before you hit those 2 large twin tower banks/financial districts.

Last edited by Thericker; 06-16-2008 at 06:21 PM.
Old 06-16-2008, 06:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by Carl Lassiter
Nice write up. You modded (engine/cosmetic) up yet? Any new pics bro?
Got AMG dual exhaust tipps w/mufflers cut-off 3" straight pipes from reso's to tipps, wheels are next I need to clean her up for some pix

Ermmm maybe I'll do the ECU next deff little SOTP gain w/exhaust mod, sound is excellent over stock!
Old 06-16-2008, 08:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Bro! we need some NEW Kills from you!

Originally Posted by Cylinder Head
Awesome stuff Ricker.
Old 06-16-2008, 10:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

95 Audi urS6 Quattro
I couldn't read the story because of your sig, interesting gene mutation haha.
Old 06-16-2008, 11:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML320, Looking for my S4
I'd like to get a dog like that and pretend I'm blind while walking around times square.
Old 06-17-2008, 01:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 238 Likes on 184 Posts
R230 SL63 | W220 S55
That is one cool looking dog. Did a quick Google browse and it turns out she's a playful sweetheart instead of a devourer of souls that one might misconstrue her as at first glance. How much is one of these anyway? My neighbors are already petrified of my Doberman (although she's nothing but friendly and lovable around people) so I would be amused to see their reaction at seeing one of these.

Link to article:
http://www.canada.com/victoriatimesc...56e793&k=94653
Old 06-20-2008, 03:05 AM

Charger SRT-8
Sweet kill. Lots of tools on Cadillac forums would get pretty upset hearing a V lost. Probably one of them doing a flyby.
Old 06-22-2008, 12:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 S500, 03 C240, 03 E320, 03 tahoe
just a question about smashing it?

Originally Posted by Thericker
Coming home from LA tonight, on my way thru Oxnard/Ventura on 101 N. I see a newer Caddy dart in & out of lanes in my rearview trying to catch me (I'm just cruising along at 75-80) he gets along side I'm not certain if he wants to race? or just gawkin' ? he does a mild fly bye I decide to mess w/him as I see/hear he's modded big aftermarket dual exhaust & louder than normal, but traffic isn't very condusive for a propper run.

So I just gave the SL a few bursts to catch up and show him he aint goin anywhere I see a huge open stretch in the slow lane then the entire frwy was clear for a couple miles, Caddy takes a huge jump as I couldn't move till he changed lanes, dweeb thinks he's home free about to put the pimp hand down on the benzo.

I quickly catch him & were side by side, then I play like he's got a shot and ease off the throttle a little & let him take 2 lengths, then I just stomp on it!! I pulled 25-30 lengths on him (as I hit 1xxmph I wanted to make it very clear he never had a chance in hell (he was literally the size of a pin-head in my rearview)

I lift at speeds better left to pm's & hit the hazard's to let him know it's over & I was off the throttle, so what seemed like a min gone by here come dork boy perfecting his pathetic "fly bye gag" big soar looser!

If your a lurker or a member on this board? Speak up you drove extremely poor oversteering while trying to jump in /out/lanes your Caddy had to be the 2007-2008 w/exhaust mods deff cat-back maybe even headers/tune all White w/Oklahoma plates. Funny I actually like them esp the upcoming 2009 w/de-tuned Supercharged C6 Z06 engine, now that Caddy will be a real racer until she starts leaving trails like Hansel & Grettle although NO bread crumbs pure engine pieces/oil/coolant/rear diff.

It was just so satisfying letting him think he could run near me, and then just pulling like a freight train pased him... Anyhow it was a great ending to a long day.
when you are doing in excess of 70 mph and quickly mash the gas all the way to the floor does the tranny ever wind up downshifting to a gear to low and end up overrevving the gear? or does it only downshift to the appropriate gear.i allways try to roll on power to control down shifting.can i trust the tranny to think on it's own under those extreme conditions?
Old 06-22-2008, 01:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by AH1W-COBRA
when you are doing in excess of 70 mph and quickly mash the gas all the way to the floor does the tranny ever wind up downshifting to a gear to low and end up overrevving the gear? or does it only downshift to the appropriate gear.i allways try to roll on power to control down shifting.can i trust the tranny to think on it's own under those extreme conditions?
No it doesn't, it just clicks down to the next appropriate gear, the only time I've had it bounce off the limitter is when manually shifting it w/paddles (the SL600 w/AMG body comes w/steering wheel paddles) or manually shifting the Tiptronic.

In a race like I described I just leave it in Sport mode the tranny does the rest.

Last edited by Thericker; 06-22-2008 at 01:54 AM.
Old 06-22-2008, 04:12 AM

2002 Carrera, 2003 S430, 2007 GL450, 2004 E55 AMG
I love race stories. I'm new to this forum, but like it already.
A little off subject, but does anyone have recommendations for forums
similar to this one for PORSCHE and BMW. Thanks.
Old 06-22-2008, 10:40 AM

Charger SRT-8
No it doesn't, it just clicks down to the next appropriate gear, the only time I've had it bounce off the limitter is when manually shifting it w/paddles (the SL600 w/AMG body comes w/steering wheel paddles) or manually shifting the Tiptronic.

In a race like I described I just leave it in Sport mode the tranny does the rest.
If you ever race someone that may be good competition and possibly really fast (rare for you - your car is quite fast) it might be a good idea to manually downshift and hold the gear instead of waiting for the automated downshift. Then let it upshift by itself. Could make a big difference in the outcome or how long the race lasts....
Old 06-22-2008, 02:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Your worst nightmare...
Ricker! Much respect for your V12 dude. It is definitely a no joke car.

Off topic: where can I get one of those dogs...they look like the Hulk!!!
Old 06-22-2008, 05:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by Deuuuce
If you ever race someone that may be good competition and possibly really fast (rare for you - your car is quite fast) it might be a good idea to manually downshift and hold the gear instead of waiting for the automated downshift. Then let it upshift by itself. Could make a big difference in the outcome or how long the race lasts....
I hear ya! but these V12 TT's pull soo hard from every gear I didn't want to phuk it up & accidentally bog off the limitter, I'm new to this car & still testing it's limits.

I do know there are plenty of faster rides, but this torque is purely intoxicating! I can't wait for my ECU tune

Last edited by Thericker; 06-22-2008 at 06:08 PM.
Old 06-22-2008, 05:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by V12Godspeed
Ricker! Much respect for your V12 dude. It is definitely a no joke car.

Off topic: where can I get one of those dogs...they look like the Hulk!!!
Coming from you that's a true compliment

PS..HULK pups------ I'm looking for a breeder, I'll pm you when I find 1
Old 06-23-2008, 10:29 AM

Charger SRT-8
I hear ya! but these V12 TT's pull soo hard from every gear I didn't want to phuk it up & accidentally bog off the limitter, I'm new to this car & still testing it's limits.

I do know there are plenty of faster rides, but this torque is purely intoxicating! I can't wait for my ECU tune
Ah, first year SRT-8s wouldn't automatically upshift until a TSB later came out due to owner requests. Subsequent model years upshift automatically as well. Great for those circumstances.

BTW - those Dogs......some major factors to consider....

While pretty cool (especially for beef-producing cattle), there are 2 major problem areas:

1. Are the bone/joints proportionately stronger? I doubt it and that just means must faster wear and tear.

2. I doubt the heart is much larger (could be wrong). If it's not, the life span will be reduced by carrying all that extra weight.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Lame kill but DAMNED FUN! 05' SL600 vs Caddy CTS-V