Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

Y Everyone Picking on the Wagon?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-03-2008, 07:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
2005 E55 Wagon
Y Everyone Picking on the Wagon?

For my 3 prior tank fulls, I have been able to squeeze out around 330-335 miles per gallon. That is a lot for a wagon and where I usually average 300 to 310. I got 330 to 335 by NOT flooring the car and NOT going past 1/2 on the gas pedal. I must admit it takes A LOT of retraint to do this....but all of it ended this past week and on 1 day:
1. SSR. In front of me was a red Chevrolet SSR truck, with what looked like aftermarket exhaust. He was in front of me in the left lane and I noticed he was slowing down a bit. Everthing seemed clear and nothing noted on my
VI, so I just moved over to the right lane and was going to let my momentum pass him. When I am even with the SSR, the SSR truck floors his car and then I....floored my gas pedal. It was over in less then 2 seconds, not even close. It was a waste of gas and I have no idea why I floored the car, other then when I heard and saw him not allowing me to pass, I just went at it. The highway ended at a T intersection about 5 miles later and I was in the left turn lane, with the red light. I see the SSR get behind me, with an angry look on the driver, his female passenger laughing at him and pointing at my car. After the left turn, the SSR stayed behind me - even when I slowed down;
2 All black M6. I noticed an all black M6. I mean everything was black on that car, M6 badges and all. I am still pissed at myself for the SSR and how that ruined my gas mileage goal. When I get to the red light, with the M6 next to me on my right, I had no intention of racing. When the light goes green, the M6 floors it and is off. I get behind the M6 - in normal speed - and noticed that the M6 stopped at the red light to make a right turn, then I said what the hell. The M6 makes a right turn onto a 3 lane road. All is clear. No cars ahead. As soon as I make the right turn, I floor it. M6 noticed me coming and floors it too, but too late as I pass the M6. We get to the next light, which turns red, again no cars ahead nor next to us, clear 3lane road. This time I am in the middle lane and the M6 in the left lane. Light goes green, I gun it. Its even for about 1 second, after that...it was not even close, I look back and the M6 is about 4 car lengths behind me and I am pushing the lead. Before the M6 can get to next light with me, the M6 abruptly gets into the left turn lane (to turn into a commerical area) and then makes a U turn to head back the other direction; and
3. C6 Corvette. Heading home and caught a red light. I was in a little hurry b/c my bladder was full and I had to go. A metallic bronze C6 Corvette pulls next to my right. Again, no cars ahead, just a clear straight road. Light goes green, but I do not floor it and in fact I let the corvette get a little ahead of me, then I noticed that the C6 floored the car and then....oh well....I floored it too. I catch and pass the C6, in a very short time and with ease. When I am about 4 car lenghts ahead, I shut it down. We get to the next light and the C6 owner rolls down his window, so I do too. He asks, "What do you have under there?" As a joke, I say with a straight face, "Nothing, its stock." He responds, "Stock!?!" I add, "I won b/c I am lighter then you." His face response to my statement about how he was heavier then a wagon was just priceless!!! He then asked, "how much hp?" I tell him, "Stock is 469." Then, the light goes green and he turns right. Too funny!!!
Old 08-03-2008, 11:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
02 C32 AMG
great stories! gotta love the wagon. i rarely see them, but they are definitely the ultra sleeper!

I'm assuming you meant that you got 330-335 miles per tank as opposed to per gallon
Old 08-04-2008, 01:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 Carrera, 2003 S430, 2007 GL450, 2004 E55 AMG
Wow. Any wagon pushing almost 500hp will beat a lot of cars.
You get hit-up more than my Carrera.
Old 08-04-2008, 11:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 Wagon
Originally Posted by jturkel
great stories! gotta love the wagon. i rarely see them, but they are definitely the ultra sleeper!

I'm assuming you meant that you got 330-335 miles per tank as opposed to per gallon
oops, yes I mean miles per tank.
Old 08-05-2008, 02:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML320, Looking for my S4
**** the prius i'm getting an E55 wagon!
Old 08-11-2008, 10:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
05 E55t, 07 R63, 04 Mini R53 (SOLD):01 s4 avant st3, 06 q7
Originally Posted by jcjmw
oops, yes I mean miles per tank.
how in the world are you getting 300+ per tank. i dont floor it. and I can only get 220 to 250 miles per tank.
Old 08-11-2008, 11:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55 ///AMG
Originally Posted by 55wagon
how in the world are you getting 300+ per tank. i dont floor it. and I can only get 220 to 250 miles per tank.
I was wondering the same thing.

I figured either:

A - The wagon has a much larger gas tank than mine.

B - He must wait till the car is on absolute fumes.

C - He must drive downhill everywhere he goes.

I get about 280 if I have no spirited driving for the tank...300+ only comes on an entire tank of interstate driving. Normal tank of some spirited driving is around 250.
Old 08-11-2008, 01:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by Timeless

I figured either:

I get about 280 if I have no spirited driving for the tank...300+ only comes on an entire tank of interstate driving. Normal tank of some spirited driving is around 250.
+1.....

D - Drives with tailwinds. Avoids headwinds.
Old 08-11-2008, 03:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 Wagon
Originally Posted by Timeless

I figured either:

A: I don't know. When I fill up it goes to around 18 1/2 gallons to fill.
B: Maybe, I wait to fill up until it says I have 10to 15 miles left on the tank
C: I wish!!!