Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

C300 (loaner) vs Mustang V6

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-27-2009, 12:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C240
C300 (loaner) vs Mustang V6

I lost.

On my way to the mall to camp out for the night, I spot a V6 cruising at about 50. I downshift and blip the throttle a few times and he takes off. We do a few races starting at 50 mph. It's a tie until the 60 plus range, then he starts pulling away.

Needless to say, at one point, we almost hit a jay walker! VERY CLOSE CALL.

We did, however, stop at a few red-lights. From a dead stop, I have 3/4's of a car length on this guy, but he reels me in at again, 60 plus.

Fun stuff, courteous guy! Moved over a few lanes for me so we had some room.
Old 11-27-2009, 02:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 SL500R / 2003 BMW M5
You are an idiot. Street racing and almost hitting a pedestrian? It doesn't matter if he/she was jaywalking...YOU WERE RACING! Let's see...it wasn't even your car? I guess you think it's great fun to trash someone elses car which is up to you, but you should know almost no one here supports street racing. What if you hit him? I know, your arguement is, "well, no one got hurt". That's this time. Next time, please take it to the track.
Old 11-27-2009, 03:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Whatever there's gas in...
Originally Posted by Dragoncoach
Next time, please take it to the track.
I'm not sure if you've noticed this or not...but about 95% of these kill stories take place off the track and on various undisclosed streets of Mexico.
Old 11-27-2009, 03:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by laneshift
YOU are an IDIOT. let the flame war beings (and well deserved)

and then how about some

and possibly some

Old 11-27-2009, 06:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

95 Audi urS6 Quattro
Originally Posted by laneshift
I lost.

You leave parts like these out...
Old 11-28-2009, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by S-Clusiv
I'm not sure if you've noticed this or not...but about 95% of these kill stories take place off the track and on various undisclosed streets of Mexico.
So what's your point. Racing in the streets with the possibility of injuring or killing and innocent bystander is unacceptable. Whether or not the ped was jaywalking or not, you should not be doing 60+ on a public street. ABSOLUTELY STUPID. Keep in mind the OP was driving a C-300 LOANER car, not a fast car by any means. We all do high speed runs on the freeways from time to time. You have to pick and choose where you do them. Just don't be stupid like these guys.
Old 11-29-2009, 12:05 AM

E55 AMG
You are an idiot. Street racing and almost hitting a pedestrian? It doesn't matter if he/she was jaywalking...YOU WERE RACING!
Why are you even looking in the Kill Stories section if you are against racing?
Old 11-29-2009, 02:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by snail45
because he wants to be a
Old 11-29-2009, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by snail45
Maybe I came off too strong, but my point is to keep it safe. I'm not against racing. Just do it in a place you won't injure or kill anyone. I am assuming you think it's okay to race in the streets? What if a kid walks out into traffic. I live in SF and there are very few streets which are empty and void of people. I don't think anyone would be okay killing someone while street racing. Just take into account the consequences before doing it.
Old 11-29-2009, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by thepinoc
because he wants to be a
You can call me names all you want. Just think if your kid was playing, chased a ball into the street and got killed by a race. Good feeling huh? You hear this all the time " it'll never happen to me" ....it does happen. Street racing proves nothing and isn't worth it, and I think more people will take my side and NOT advocate racing in a neighborhood. Have fun but keep it safe.
Old 11-29-2009, 03:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Whatever there's gas in...
We all do high speed runs on the freeways from time to time. .

please take it to the track

Holier than whom?
Old 11-29-2009, 05:28 PM

MBZ
I once beat a newer body style v6 mustang in a C230...
:shrugs:
Old 11-29-2009, 08:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

You can call me names all you want. Just think if your kid was playing, chased a ball into the street and got killed by a race. Good feeling huh? You hear this all the time " it'll never happen to me" ....it does happen. Street racing proves nothing and isn't worth it, and I think more people will take my side and NOT advocate racing in a neighborhood. Have fun but keep it safe.
hahaha it was just a joke, i was with you on this one, just wanted to have fun.

Ofc it's stupid to be racing in neighborhoods and local streets. But if the correct conditions apply (IFF), then what's the harm?
Old 11-29-2009, 10:11 PM

E55 AMG
Maybe I came off too strong, but my point is to keep it safe. I'm not against racing. Just do it in a place you won't injure or kill anyone. I am assuming you think it's okay to race in the streets? What if a kid walks out into traffic. I live in SF and there are very few streets which are empty and void of people. I don't think anyone would be okay killing someone while street racing. Just take into account the consequences before doing it.
I personally don't race. I do not have a fast car so I find it pointless. I was just curious why you looked in here due to you saying YOU WERE RACING. I understand that other people race so I like to see the results and know I know what goes along with it. I don't think that racing where you could hit somebody is fine. That would be horrible and it CAN happen to anybody. I agree with you on that. But I also understand that most races take place on public streets. I would wear out my keyboard if I called everybody that did it an idiot.

I agree with your views on it, I just didn't understand why you made such a comment when you should have fully known what you were going read. But yeah, he should have left that part out.
Old 12-11-2009, 07:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

a durr
So this one time I think I almost nailed this kid who chased a ball across a busy street while I was banging through all 5 gears in my Honda CRX. I swear I was almost going 60mph when the child shot out of no where between two parked cars, I had to take evasive maneuvers to avoid a catastrophic accident. Thanks to my many years of Need-For-Speed racing and lightning reflexes, I was able to avoid hitting the ball while plowing the kid at fullspeed. Thankfully his parents weren't home and a 5 year old boy's body is quite light so off to the docks I went for some fishing.

Through this tramautic experience I have learned that it's not worth it to go fishing with a dead child. Tips to follow, when the cop asks you about the dead child, say you're saving him by using a fishing rod.