Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

Ferrari 308 vs Suicide Corvette

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 11:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
SL55AMG, Ferrari 348, Ferrari Testarossa, Ferrari F40, Ferrari Mondial t, Ducati 916, Indycar
Ferrari 308 vs Suicide Corvette

At coffee over the weekend one of my friends related some hate that was showered upon him by a Mustang and Vette while he was driving his Lamborghini. I had to break the tension with a little story of 'fun' during some detailing.

The first house I owned was in a town home community. You know..... one of those places that everyone knew what everyone else was doing. I hated it!! And I only had a two car garage! I think I had a 308 and a Lotus Esprit inside, and a Range Rover and Porsche 928S4 outside in the driveway. Aside from the constant letters from the HOA, and the nosey neighbors peering in the windows, there was one particular knuckle head that drove a Vette, that had 'issues'. Not the car...... but the owner.

Mr. Vette would drive past my garage very slowly, whenever he saw the door open and I was working. Stupidly, I thought he was an enthusiast and I would say hi, wave, nod, and generally try to start a conversation. All of which was fruitless, as when he would see that I noticed him, he would accelerate away..... always scowling and never saying anything.

One particular Saturday afternoon, I was detailing the 308 in the driveway, chatting with a buddy who stopped by. When all of a sudden I hear the blat, blat of the Chevy V8 starting up on the other side of the neighborhood. I knew it was Vette guy. I told my buddy about his pattern, fully expecting him to stay in character.... and he wasn't going to disappoint!

Sure enough here comes that big V8 rumbling around the corner, at an even slower snails pace than normal. Instead of his usual drive by encounter, this time he stops in front of my driveway and stares at me, my friend and the Ferrari.

It wasn't a very comfortable stare. In fact, it was a little creepy. Deciding to try and break the ice, I said hi and complimented him on his car. Did he return the compliment? Did he even crack a smile? Nope. He had obviously been drinking.... perhaps to get the courage up for a social encounter. Instead, he slurs out the following, as he watches me wash the car..... "Why don't you keep on watering that thing..... and maybe one day it will grow up to be a Vette". He had obviously been playing and replaying this scene in his mind before actually pulling it off. Thoroughly proud of his remarks, he revs the V8 with deafening fury...... and launches the car in a cloud of smoke. However, in all his giddiness he forgot to calculate for the median, half a block from my house!! The wild, alcohol induced fishtail sideswipes the Vette and buckles the driver's rear suspension when he crashes into the center divider.

As we start over to the guy to see if we could help, he manages to get it in gear and limp it out of the neighborhood. We hear him drive around the block back to his house, dragging the wheel the whole way, and shut the thing off. It was pretty tough not to laugh....... so we did!

Needless to say, he never drove past the house again....... and I never bought another house with an HOA, or with less than an acre and lots more garage space!

I can emphatically state that a Ferrari 308 can 'humiliate' a Vette without even starting the engine!

Last edited by IngenereAMG; 08-31-2010 at 11:28 PM.
Old 08-31-2010, 11:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E55 AMG
Great kill, and ever greater read!

Thanks for sharing!
Old 09-01-2010, 01:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Whatever there's gas in...
Originally Posted by IngenereAMG
"Why don't you keep on watering that thing..... and maybe one day it will grow up to be a Vette"
You gotta admit that was a good one!

I always enjoy your stories, keep up the good work!
Old 09-01-2010, 11:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 S65, 06 M3 CS(stick), 02 BMW X5 4.6iS, 07 R1 Raven, 08 F-450 4x4, 08 CooperS JCW
Nice writing...helluva read again
Old 09-01-2010, 12:07 PM
Banned

benzo larenzo
great read!
Old 09-01-2010, 09:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55AMG, Ferrari 348, Ferrari Testarossa, Ferrari F40, Ferrari Mondial t, Ducati 916, Indycar
Originally Posted by S-Clusiv
You gotta admit that was a good one!

I always enjoy your stories, keep up the good work!
Nah..... That guy was a knuckle head.

Originally Posted by vtecsti
Great kill, and ever greater read!

Thanks for sharing!
Thanks

Originally Posted by transferred
Nice writing...helluva read again
Thanks

Originally Posted by badblackbenz550
great read!
Thanks
Old 09-02-2010, 12:40 AM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
'03 E55 (My Daily), '01 ML 320 (Wifey), Twin Turbo '69 Camaro (In Progess)
I'm a chevy guy but I would have paid to see that !
Old 09-03-2010, 11:32 AM

09 335i 03 CLK55 AMG
Love your posts and stories. Keep it up.
Old 09-04-2010, 08:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 58 Likes on 52 Posts
Protecting the Earth from the Scum of the Universe
Originally Posted by bbearden
I'm a chevy guy but I would have paid to see that !
Same here.

I'd love to see the event.
Old 09-04-2010, 02:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

This happened way before everyone and their sister recorded everything on their cell phones, otherwise it definitely would have been youtube worthy.
Old 09-06-2010, 08:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 344 Likes on 215 Posts
S560
This story is worthless with out video

Great story...
Old 09-11-2010, 04:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
E55 w/ goods, Z32 Project underway
All makes have those type of people. It was not the Vette that crashed, but the monkey driving it. All I know is I honestly would have gave good money for that video. I used to have someone drive by my little garage years back when I lived in apartments while washing or working on my 944t. This lady always called me a drug dealer. Go figure. Too bad her Chevette did not have enough power to break either end of the car.
Old 09-12-2010, 01:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by pearlpower
All makes have those type of people. It was not the Vette that crashed, but the monkey driving it. All I know is I honestly would have gave good money for that video. I used to have someone drive by my little garage years back when I lived in apartments while washing or working on my 944t. This lady always called me a drug dealer. Go figure. Too bad her Chevette did not have enough power to break either end of the car.
I never understood the jealousy thing. Rather than get pissed at people who were where I wanted to be, I always tried to befriend them and figure out what they did to get where they are.