Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

03 Cobra, nice car, douche driver

Old 09-01-2011, 07:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c32
03 Cobra, nice car, douche driver

04 c32 stock with Res delete

03 cobra (most likely stock)

So im driving along with my girlfriend.

Stopped at a light, and nice sounding Mustang pulls next to me and the passenger kind of stares at me. Only thing i can think of was that he wanted to race... I roll down my window and ask him. He goes "whatever". As he pulls ahead i realize its not a GT but actually the supercharged 03 Cobra. The whine is so loud. Im getting excited now.

we follow each other to a nice road that is about a Quarter mile long. Right before we get going i ask" what kind of roll?"

This is the first time I actually hear the driver speak and he goes, "Are you kidding me, Ill kill you in any roll you want to do." Being a llittle surprised by his condescending reply, i go on to say that i know what a COBRA is. he must of taken me for a kid in daddys benz. Im 24 but still appear to be 19 or so. Any way, I tell him i will keep up.. and were off.

the first roll was form about 20 mph. i jump on him hard. He is catching up at a decent pace. At about 75 mph he is about to just edge up on me, but the douche misshifts. C32 wins the first race.

The 2nd roll was from about the same speed. this time i murdered him the entire race, he wasnt even close. I hit 100 and start slowing down for the red light while he is still accelerating. He ends up stopping in the middle of the intersection. he then looks over at me with the dumbest look of embarassment on his face. after baout 5 seconds of not talking he asks, " wanna race for money?'

I laughed and said im only having fun. he then follows me for about 8 blocks. My poor girlfriend thought they were gonna attack me ( they looked like the were-panthers form True Blood if you know what i mean.. just kind of meth addicted white trash guys.)
I pull over and ask them what they were doing.. and he responds " lets go one more time." I laughed and headed home.

Any way i have this all on video(iphone) and hopefully ill get my brother to edit it for youtube with subtitles. lol

For you guys with 32s, dont underestimate your car. Ive beaten a few cars i thought i had no shot beating. m6 and new 4 door m3. Only lost to a modded b5 s4
Old 09-01-2011, 07:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2002 C32 Black/Charcoal
Originally Posted by Benzboy13
04 c32 stock with Res delete

03 cobra (most likely stock)

So im driving along with my girlfriend.

Stopped at a light, and nice sounding Mustang pulls next to me and the passenger kind of stares at me. Only thing i can think of was that he wanted to race... I roll down my window and ask him. He goes "whatever". As he pulls ahead i realize its not a GT but actually the supercharged 03 Cobra. The whine is so loud. Im getting excited now.

we follow each other to a nice road that is about a Quarter mile long. Right before we get going i ask" what kind of roll?"

This is the first time I actually hear the driver speak and he goes, "Are you kidding me, Ill kill you in any roll you want to do." Being a llittle surprised by his condescending reply, i go on to say that i know what a COBRA is. he must of taken me for a kid in daddys benz. Im 24 but still appear to be 19 or so. Any way, I tell him i will keep up.. and were off.

the first roll was form about 20 mph. i jump on him hard. He is catching up at a decent pace. At about 75 mph he is about to just edge up on me, but the douche misshifts. C32 wins the first race.

The 2nd roll was from about the same speed. this time i murdered him the entire race, he wasnt even close. I hit 100 and start slowing down for the red light while he is still accelerating. He ends up stopping in the middle of the intersection. he then looks over at me with the dumbest look of embarassment on his face. after baout 5 seconds of not talking he asks, " wanna race for money?'

I laughed and said im only having fun. he then follows me for about 8 blocks. My poor girlfriend thought they were gonna attack me ( they looked like the were-panthers form True Blood if you know what i mean.. just kind of meth addicted white trash guys.)
I pull over and ask them what they were doing.. and he responds " lets go one more time." I laughed and headed home.

Any way i have this all on video(iphone) and hopefully ill get my brother to edit it for youtube with subtitles. lol

For you guys with 32s, dont underestimate your car. Ive beaten a few cars i thought i had no shot beating. m6 and new 4 door m3. Only lost to a modded b5 s4
I suspect that the guy you ran may have had nitrous, but did not use it in the races with you. He may have been trying to bait you into betting some coin, at which point he would have flipped the switch on the NO2, and you would have seen Ford taillights disappearing in to the distance. I am always suspcious when someone wants to race for money after I beat them.

Pulley/ECU your 32 and you will pull the 390HP supercharged Cobra (I think they were manufactured from 2003-2005) slowly/moderately if he is stock. I ran the 1/4 mile in my modded C32 (now sold) against a 2003 Cobra that was stock except for drag radials. He murdered me out of the hole, and I was just catching him at the end of the 1/4.

Watch out for the modded Cobras! Some of them are 800+HP monsters.
Old 09-01-2011, 08:03 PM

c32
Maybe, but i doubt it. the way it went down, i believe that he had just recently purchased the car and thought he was the MAN. he didnt know how to drive it properly and clearly underestimated my car.

I have a good friend who is a mustang guy, so i know all about those beasts. they are my favorite mustangs period.
Old 09-01-2011, 08:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
04 CL55 (sold), 2012 CLS550 (sold), 2014 S550 (sold), 2015 ES300H (DAILY)
I, for one, would LOVE to see that video hahahha hurry up with the editing
Old 09-01-2011, 08:12 PM

c32
maybe ill just throw the video up tonight.. its a whole 2 minutes cuz my girlfriend started taping way too early.. ill let you know
Old 09-02-2011, 02:22 PM

03 SL55 AMG
You beat a V10 BMW M6? I don't believe you.
Old 09-02-2011, 03:29 PM

c32
That wasn't official. But yah. He may have been in 400 hp mode but he def ran. It was only a stoplight race. We only hit maybe 60 or 70. Im not saying my cars faster. But anything can happen in a race

Anyway. The cobra bids should be upshortly
Old 09-02-2011, 03:44 PM

c32
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApA_v_9hzsk

1st run

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUIJyAq7B4I

2nd run

try to ignore me and my gf in the video.. i was very hyped.
Old 09-02-2011, 04:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
04 CL55 (sold), 2012 CLS550 (sold), 2014 S550 (sold), 2015 ES300H (DAILY)
"CMON B*TCH WUS GOOD??" HAHAHHA had me rollin right now

good kill
Old 09-02-2011, 04:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I love that supercharger whine.
Old 09-02-2011, 05:50 PM

'09 SL65 AMG
Nice! Why can't these things happen to me?

The only thing that sticks in my mind is the other night a Porsche GT2 (997? looked brand new) floors it while passing me at about 50mph. It seems like the Porsche owners always like to remind me that their 2 seater is faster than my heavier sedan.

Even when I was only driving a C230 those guys (other Porsches - not the GT2) would always make sure to gas it real hard when they would just pass me on a regular commute.

Can anyone relate to this? //Sorry, not trying to hijack thread.
Old 09-02-2011, 08:07 PM

Charger SRT-8
oh wow, lots to comment on here. Nice kills, anything can happen on the street.

I doubt he was stock with that much supercharger whine. Second, his short shifting was pitiful and when he finally had it in the right gear, he was about to walk you, hard.

Then he starts off in the wrong gear in the 2nd vid?

Btw, a well driven stock 03/04 Cobra will beat a pulley/tune C32. Good luck finding a stock Cobra, an I/E/T stock pulley Cobra will walk a pullied C32.

Was that a lit cigarette in your nice MB?
Old 09-03-2011, 03:25 PM

c32
Originally Posted by Deuuuce
oh wow, lots to comment on here. Nice kills, anything can happen on the street.

I doubt he was stock with that much supercharger whine. Second, his short shifting was pitiful and when he finally had it in the right gear, he was about to walk you, hard.

Yeah, he was bout to take me and then he misses the shift, You hear it and see him fall back fast.

pretty much. On the second run, i go to do the 3 honks and he says "just go, just go" He musta been all flabbergasted after the first run he didnt even pay attention to the gear he was in on the 2nd run.
Old 09-03-2011, 03:29 PM

c32
Originally Posted by supernautk
Nice! Why can't these things happen to me?

The only thing that sticks in my mind is the other night a Porsche GT2 (997? looked brand new) floors it while passing me at about 50mph. It seems like the Porsche owners always like to remind me that their 2 seater is faster than my heavier sedan.

Even when I was only driving a C230 those guys (other Porsches - not the GT2) would always make sure to gas it real hard when they would just pass me on a regular commute.

Can anyone relate to this? //Sorry, not trying to hijack thread.
By me Porsches arent too common. So usually they are the ones getting messed with.

BTW on cool nights i usually joyride looking for some fun, but these type of experiences usually happen randomly.
Old 09-03-2011, 06:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by Deuuuce

Btw, a well driven stock 03/04 Cobra will beat a pulley/tune C32. Good luck finding a stock Cobra, an I/E/T stock pulley Cobra will walk a pullied C32.
+1

terminator cobras are beasts. i needed a pulley (lower boost pulley at the time - code 3) and tune to keep up with a cobra vert with an exhaust. and that whine in the video certainly did not sound stock.
Old 09-03-2011, 08:22 PM

C270 CDI Avantgarde SE
Brooooooon... ker-chug keeeeer-chuuuuuuuug ... ahhh, that's the gear...
Old 09-03-2011, 09:55 PM

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts
'03C32 Obsidian Black, '76Toyota Celica GT TRD, '12R350 4matic Arctic White, '06 ML 350 arctic white
nice kill
Old 09-03-2011, 10:00 PM

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts
'03C32 Obsidian Black, '76Toyota Celica GT TRD, '12R350 4matic Arctic White, '06 ML 350 arctic white
I agree as well that the cobra shoulda taken you or I, but hey, he missed a shift......this time the race was base on driver skills, not to hi jack the thread but did the same to a cobra mustang on the NYS thruway when he let off at a nice swooping turn.....4 wheel driftin' @ > 3 digits. again nice kill
Old 09-05-2011, 01:18 AM

Mercedes C32 AMG
What that whine from his car or yours? Great vid by the way.
Old 09-05-2011, 05:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
211-55
Nice kills and good job coming through with the videos. Never mind the hypothetical outcomes.
Old 09-06-2011, 08:33 AM

c32
Thats the cobras whine. His whine And exhaust dwarfed any sound coming from my car
Old 09-09-2011, 10:03 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
06 E55 Black
Dude...you let your GF smoke in the car ?